Geoff Kilpatrick

Steven Naismith - signs on loan (official)

Geoff Kilpatrick

As requested by the Mods.

Sir Gio

Won't be anywhere near as good as the original. May as well wait for Anderson :lol:

cosanostra

Thanks Geoff!

Jamboelite

So any pics of Bill......

Hopefully we hear early this week on a couple of signings so they can have a few training sessions before Sunday and get to know their team mates.

Back to 2005

See Naismith scored 2 in a reserve game for Norwich yesterday. Sun saying he would prefer to go to huns though.

Barack
3 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

See Naismith scored 2 in a reserve game for Norwich yesterday. Sun saying he would prefer to go to huns though.

Oh, really? The Sun are reporting that? 

Close thread then.

Icon of Symmetry

Can we change the brackets/tag to ‘(signing discussion only)’ please... or else it’ll be a very short thread with only four posters posting their info. I assume on topic discussion of potential new signings is still allowed?

Edited by Ryder

Jambof3tornado

Cant believe the sun claiming he wants to go to ibrox. 

BBC seem to claim similar.

Wait til he signs for us and see what they claim then.

dazajmbo

New thread was needed. Back on topic at last. 

Barack
Just now, dazajmbo said:

New thread was needed. Back on topic at last. 

So...what day do we think we’ll be having some George Clooney/Klaxon action?

Pans Jambo
2 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Cant believe the sun claiming he wants to go to ibrox. 

BBC seem to claim similar.

Wait til he signs for us and see what they claim then.

They are as transparent as a glass window. 

They just cant handle ANY potential good news stories outwith their 2 darlings. 

dazajmbo

Tuesday or Wednesday i think

Barack
Just now, dazajmbo said:

Right. Cheers, Daz.

See everyone then.

MrBones

He might prefer Rangers but if they're signing Cummings i think it's unlikely

Sarah O

Where's the old thread for those of us who liked the meandering rambles and updates on Billie?

Also, where's that LA Galaxy proddy thread?  

Also Also, Hopefully today is Stevie Naismith day...

DH1986

I doubt we’ll announce anymore signings until CL is back in town.

Pagey

Pleased to be back on topic but missing the parallel universe I was in over the weekend on the old thread :teeth:

Smith's right boot
20 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Cheers

Ok, I'll check back in then.

Mikey1874

24 posts with no signing news

Good idea

Jambof3tornado
58 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Do we know which tuesday or wednesday?

If talks are that advanced should we expect a banderson exclusive?

jamie1874

I had posted on the other thread a few bits of info I was told pre new year about his ideal situation - a move to Rangers for the last 18 months of contract with Rangers paying norwich approx £10k a week. However rangers were lukewarm on this and if interested it would be at best to end of season.

However yesterday when asked about Naismith going to Hearts the response was ‘ haha wait and see’ 

I am hoping that is a positive move forward and the person doesn’t want to commit to giving me details. Either that or we are getting played to generate interest.

Son Of Anarchy
1 minute ago, jamie1874 said:

Either that or we are getting played to generate interest.

Thats my worry although if we have been talking to him for weeks it's less likely.

luckydug

I am surprised that he is quoted as saying Rangers were his preferred choice. After all the abuse he received for walking away you would think he would give these mugs a wide berth.

Hopefully he will decide you can't beat class. 

davie1980

Has Lennon made a late bid for him yet?

Icon of Symmetry
3 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I am surprised that he is quoted as saying Rangers were his preferred choice. After all the abuse he received for walking away you would think he would give these mugs a wide berth.

Can you post a link with a copy and paste of the quote? I find it a bit surprising too. Please definitely add the copy and paste if it’s a link to The Sun or Record.

OTT
10 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Can you post a link with a copy and paste of the quote? I find it a bit surprising too. Please definitely add the copy and paste if it’s a link to The Sun or Record.

Always a little suspect given the way questions can be phrased, e.g.

'Steven, would you consider a move to the mighty glasgow rangers, who totally didn't die in 2012?'

'Aye'

Headline: Naismith confirms interest in rangers return!

Icon of Symmetry
1 minute ago, OTT said:

Always a little suspect given the way questions can be phrased, e.g.

'Steven, would you consider a move to the mighty glasgow rangers, who totally didn't die in 2012?'

'Aye'

Headline: Naismith confirms interest in rangers return!

Yep. That’s why I wanted a look at what was actually a quote. Usually quite easy to determine what was said and in what context. Quite surprised if Naismith would be quoted saying his preferred destination is Ibrox when we are quite far down the road with a deal. Need to see the actual article.

Jambof3tornado

Read a few online articles and struggle to see any that have him ibrox or killie bound.

Fingers crossed he's sporting a maroon scarf by noon on wednesday at the latest!

...a bit disco

Tuesday or Wednesday, eh?

No point hanging around here then. 

Toodle pip.

Icon of Symmetry
1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Read a few online articles and struggle to see any that have him ibrox or killie bound.

Fingers crossed he's sporting a maroon scarf by noon on wednesday at the latest!

Did you read the one that people are referring to where he said his preferred destination is Ibrox? If so can you post a link/quote? Cheers.

Sir Gio
5 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Did you read the one that people are referring to where he said his preferred destination is Ibrox? If so can you post a link/quote? Cheers.

I cant find anything. Media always stick a spin on it to attract clicks in the modern era, selling copies in the old days

DG_HMFC

Slightly disappointing that we haven't significantly strengthened the squad by now. It's now Derby week and we are lagging behind again. 

Fingers crossed deals are close and players will be in by no later than Wed.

Icon of Symmetry
Just now, Sir Gio said:

I cant find anything. Media always stick a spin on it to attract clicks in the modern era, selling copies in the old days

That’s what I fully expect. Probably with a “source close to the Norwich player” thrown in for good measure. Would like to see for myself though.

Mikey1874
6 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Two articles here as above just being straightforward answering questions 

19 Dec Daily Express "a return to Rangers would appeal"

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/sport/football/894044/Rangers-news-Steven-Naismith-keen-to-return-to-Ibrox/amp

18 Dec The Sun 

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1989896/steven-naismith-rangers-kilmarnock-norwich/

Sir Gio

Was it not the Daily Express this window last year that said Niall McGinn had told his Pittodrie team mates his heart was set on a move to Tynecastle?

FWIW I don't doubt the boy would fancy a move to Rangers, he supported them, but he appears to be the consummate pro. I posted a link on the old thread, what his U23 manager said yesterday would be very encouraging.

The young lads benefit and respond well to having him in there. I don't particularly want a loan, I think this guy is a real role model, like Cowie, like Hughes and the type of person that can bring this club forward.

The paper talk rubbish will be forgotten in a week. I believe this is a critical one for us, I really do, not just in terms of quality but leadership.

Icon of Symmetry
21 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Two articles here as above just being straightforward answering questions 

19 Dec Daily Express "a return to Rangers would appeal"

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/sport/football/894044/Rangers-news-Steven-Naismith-keen-to-return-to-Ibrox/amp

18 Dec The Sun 

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1989896/steven-naismith-rangers-kilmarnock-norwich/

Shame I had to click the links, but after doing so, I have zero worries that he wouldn’t consider Hearts. As you said he was pretty much asked questions about specifically Rangers.

Back to quite relaxed about it all now. :)

busby1985

He’ll end up at Rangers. 

Thomaso
59 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Were some huns not handing out some pretty nasty threats if he ever came back to Glasgow?

Jambof3tornado
37 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Doesnt seem to be any with quotes. Even the bbc gossip that takes stories from elsewhere doent mention naismith.

I take that as a good sign to be honest.

Special Agent Dale Cooper
Just now, busby1985 said:

He’ll end up at Rangers. 

I'm still not convinced that they want him, matter how hard the west coast media try!

John Findlay
2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Were some huns not handing out some pretty nasty threats if he ever came back to Glasgow?

Par for the course with them.

Edited by John Findlay

Icon of Symmetry
12 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Was it not the Daily Express this window last year that said Niall McGinn had told his Pittodrie team mates his heart was set on a move to Tynecastle?

FWIW I don't doubt the boy would fancy a move to Rangers, he supported them, but he appears to be the consummate pro. I posted a link on the old thread, what his U23 manager said yesterday would be very encouraging.

The young lads benefit and respond well to having him in there. I don't particularly want a loan, I think this guy is a real role model, like Cowie, like Hughes and the type of person that can bring this club forward.

The paper talk rubbish will be forgotten in a week. I believe this is a critical one for us, I really do, not just in terms of quality but leadership.

Agree with all of this. Hope this is all okay to discuss though. The OP asks for signing NEWS only.

Mikey1874
Just now, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

I'm still not convinced that they want him, matter how hard the west coast media try!

Yeah

Don't need him either including the players they are linked to 

Behind Windass, Dorrans for a place then there is Murphy, even O'Halloran, Cummings can play similar position plus Jordan Jones now. 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

So will this this be a loan signing???

Edited by ISMAparty

Son Of Anarchy
2 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Agree with all of this. Hope this is all okay to discuss though. The OP asks for signing NEWS only.

Have I missed where we started paying credence to the op's wishes? ;)

Naismith has been reading this and just txtd me pics of Miss Piper with a message of "Mon the famous".

I'd really love this transfer to happen. Slot straight in to Walkers role. 

John Findlay
2 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

As requested by the Mods.

What did the Rockers request?

Mikey1874
10 minutes ago, ISMAparty said:

So will this this be a loan signing???

More likely 3 year contract 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

More likely 3 year contract 

3 and a half  ;)

sadj
21 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Yeah

Don't need him either including the players they are linked to 

Behind Windass, Dorrans for a place then there is Murphy, even O'Halloran, Cummings can play similar position plus Jordan Jones now. 

Jordan Jones now? 

Jodami

If Rangers were in any way looking to sign him I would have thought it would be all over today's papers, they tend to do their business in public to keep the unwashed on side. Between us and Kilmarnock I think, just hope the head rules the heart. 

Edited by Jodami