Steven Naismith - signs on loan (official)

Geoff Kilpatrick

Lafferty and Berra are players who we managed to sign up due to particular circumstances that acted in our favour.   Players we probably would not have been able to look at in other circumstances.     Naismith would appear to fall into a similar profile.    Or so we believed.      

On that basis,   I think the club were right to explore the possibility of making another 'coup' above our natural market.    It looks like it hasn't come off this time so it's now time to ditch the idea.    Straight away.    Move on other targets.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
rudi must stay
13 minutes ago, Markymark said:

If we can’t afford Byrne and Kogel then highly unlikely Naismith will go through. Feels like another really piss poor transfer window already! Appreciate we have 2 weeks to go but a loan signing and nothing else suggests our targets are outwith our budgets. Surely something we already have an idea on! 

Kogel fell through as, another poster said sensibly, Levein didn't feel Kogel was 100% up for the move. I know Dutch papers are saying differently but Levein said this about Mitchell a few days ago, there's been nothing about Kogel since

13 minutes ago, Markymark said:

Aye very subtle....

We target players surely on whether they will fit into our wage structure? Surely that’s part of scouting a player? 

To lose out to Oldham and have a players stay put in the Dutch 2nd division would suggest we don’t have a clue on target salaries 

Or other clubs will spend more money they don’t have.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Thumper said:

It's a derby thing mate, you wouldn't understand.

Image result for creep

I did get the impression from his recent interview that a return to Scotland is not quite what he wants just now, if that was his absolute choice it would make it easy to happen.

Why are people getting their knickers in a twist and saying SN will not be signing for us.

As far anyone is aware nothing has happened to indicate the deal is off.

3 minutes ago, JAMMY1980 said:

Another reply from mcbookie.com :

Sorry missed that last DM. Yes looks like imminent.

What does?

GorgieRules22
3 minutes ago, JAMMY1980 said:

Another reply from mcbookie.com :

Sorry missed that last DM. Yes looks like imminent.

Imminent that he's signing for someone ?

2 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Why are people getting their knickers in a twist and saying SN will not be signing for us.

As far anyone is aware nothing has happened to indicate the deal is off.

It allows certain posters a great chance to critise until the outcome is known,...... before moving to either I told you so or ignoring the outcome and immediately jumping to another thread to spout more crap

People need to relax.

I said nothing will happen today and I expect us to know on Tuesday or Wednesday.

This is still the case. 

1 minute ago, dazajmbo said:

People need to relax.

I said nothing will happen today and I expect us to know on Tuesday or Wednesday.

This is still the case. 

But in the mean time...

3 minutes ago, fila said:

It allows certain posters a great chance to critise until the outcome is known,...... before moving to either I told you so or ignoring the outcome and immediately jumping to another thread to spout more crap

??

Just now, dazajmbo said:

People need to relax.

This is still the case. 

Is it still two signings we are expecting to make Daz? Another likely surprises?

2 minutes ago, Greedy_Jambo said:

How much did we pay Cathro to bugger off?

Just saying. 

A free iPad and a packet of jellybabies :rolleyes2: 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, fila said:

Sadly this is the case.

They need an outlet for their anger and since results picked up and we went December unbeaten they need another outlet.

If we beat hibs, we might not hear from some for while, bit like after the Celtic result all was calm for about 5 days.

Daz door step challenge is just stating the obvious. 

Sorry, but i'm jumping on the debunk the in the know bandwagon.

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Greedy_Jambo said:

How much did we pay Cathro to bugger off?

Just saying. 

Image result for gae voucher

4 minutes ago, Pagey said:

Is it still two signings we are expecting to make Daz? Another likely surprises?

Yes two in before the derby. Although there might be a 3rd but far too early to tell.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
35 minutes ago, Markymark said:

Aye very subtle....

We target players surely on whether they will fit into our wage structure? Surely that’s part of scouting a player? 

To lose out to Oldham and have a players stay put in the Dutch 2nd division would suggest we don’t have a clue on target salaries 

Demi Mitchell wages seem to be fine? 

Theres a pecking order. We could pay De Kogel what we intend to pay Naismith. 

Football deals rarely constitute a simple negotiation of 8.50 an hour or 12.50 an hour though. Especially cross border and international affairs where there is quite an impact on families 

Just now, dazajmbo said:

Yes two in before the derby. Although there might be a 3rd but far too early to tell.

I've sent you PM mate.

1 minute ago, dazajmbo said:

:thumbsup:

Awww naw. Not the PM's

We're keeping it all a secret cos ...... 

Hawd on. Why are you keeping it secret?

Aw daz doesnae do PM's. That's 1 point to him. 

2 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

My guess is Naysmith, Fraser and ?. Any ideas Daz, who may be on their way out yet?

Just now, TypoonJambo said:

My guess is Naysmith, Fraser and ?. Any ideas Daz, who may be on their way out yet?

Naysmith retired years ago.

The other is looking likely to be from the foreign market. But no names or position has been fed. Its a very much "we might need another one in" kind of thing. So likely to be a squad player.

I'd GUESS that Nowak, Isma, Martin & Stockton will be away before the end of the window but nothing more than a guess.

4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Demi Mitchell wages seem to be fine? 

Theres a pecking order. We could pay De Kogel what we intend to pay Naismith. 

Football deals rarely constitute a simple negotiation of 8.50 an hour or 12.50 an hour though. Especially cross border and international affairs where there is quite an impact on families 

Dutch guy had wife and kids with him. Maybe they didn’t fancy moving to Scotland?

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Dutch guy had wife and kids with him. Maybe they didn’t fancy moving to Scotland?

Controversial, at a relatively low level ( in terms of football/ money) is Brexit and the UK's relationship with the rest of Europe giving the uncertainty, becoming a factor- especially for families?

9 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Fraser is out til end of season isn't he?

Son Of Anarchy
24 minutes ago, fila said:

:lol:

2 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Controversial, at a relatively low level ( in terms of football/ money) is Brexit and the UK's relationship with the rest of Europe giving the uncertainty, becoming a factor- especially for families?

An oft forgotten thing

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, JAMMY1980 said:

Screenshot_2018-01-15-21-17-58.png

Don't like to piss on the chips something similar occurred with Derek McInnes and the money was very wrong 

chester copperpot
Just now, Sir Gio said:

Don't like to piss on the chips something similar occurred with Derek McInnes and the money was very wrong 

Aye. Rangers wouldnae cough up but he wanted to go.

5 minutes ago, JAMMY1980 said:

Screenshot_2018-01-15-21-17-58.png

Bookies know hee haw

Shteve McLaren was odds on to be our manager at one point

Just now, Sir Gio said:

And the rangers admin where betting was suspended

• cosanostra changed the title to Steven Naismith - Arrives at Tynecastle!!!!

Archived