Steven Naismith - signs on loan (official)

Geoff Kilpatrick

1 minute ago, Greedy_Jambo said:

They weren't really discussing Killie either. It was him signing for rangers being a "no brainer"

As in if he signs for The Rangers he has no brains ?:laugh:

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They weren't really discussing Killie either. It was him signing for rangers being a "no brainer"

Never discussed killie as such but one of them said he ‘believed’ he had spoken to Steve Clark. Agree though, all saying they were amazed Sevco hadn’t signed him up already, clearly wanting it to happen. 

1 hour ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Don't be.

Every other club bar Celtic are mince, so don't worry about what other clubs do so much.

Have faith.

It's a derby thing mate, you wouldn't understand.

None of that matters if we can't afford him!

Not sure why we couldn’t afford him. He has openly stated that his next move will not be about money. We have 300k in the back burner from Walker and more to come from Leonard. Walker’s wages off the bill too.

9 minutes ago, Greedy_Jambo said:

Looks like we're not getting that dutch guy either because we couldn't offer him a good enough contract. 

There's different ways of looking at that really

It's possible that we couldn't afford the money that he was after, however I imagine it's more likely that we didn't think he was worth as much as he wanted

1 hour ago, sadj said:

Indeed , however , having Mitchell in may help to bring that bit of quality and allow Djoum and Cochrane to flourish and Brandon/McDonald/Skinnt etc to drive at them maybe

mclaughlin

Randall , Smith , Souttar , Berra , Mitchell

Brandon , djoum , cochrane , skinny

isma??? (For want of a better option)

So we're just going to give up midfield....with no ball winner there, our defence is going to be under some amount of pressure....

maroonlegions
20 minutes ago, JI TEES said:

Don't think any of us know the monetary terms of the deal...Don't think we will be chucking much money at it either tbh

More than Kilie i would imagine, if Norwich want money up front that is.

5 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Not sure why we couldn’t afford him. He has openly stated that his next move will not be about money. We have 300k in the back burner from Walker and more to come from Leonard. Walker’s wages off the bill too.

I think we're still paying for that new stand mate, unfortunately. 

I reckon Naismith is willing to take a wage cut to play football and be close to home, but there's a wage cut and then there's getting offered peanuts. (in relative terms to the money he's currently on)

If he’s serious considering killie over us then for me pull the plug and bring someone in who wants to play for the club!!

Remember we apparently "pushed the boat out" for Lafferty.

I don't see how we suddenly have money to pay someone 10k a week when we've still not fully paid for the stand. 

Is our average wage not about 2k a week?

O

14 minutes ago, Greedy_Jambo said:

That was what I heard along with it making absolutely no sense why they never signed the boy Celtic signed (Lewis Morgan) as it was only £300k  :rofl:

2 minutes ago, Greedy_Jambo said:

Remember we apparently "pushed the boat out" for Lafferty.

I don't see how we suddenly have money to pay someone 10k a week when we've still not fully paid for the stand. 

Is our average wage not about 2k a week?

O

Different budgets.

9 minutes ago, Greedy_Jambo said:

I think we're still paying for that new stand mate, unfortunately. 

I reckon Naismith is willing to take a wage cut to play football and be close to home, but there's a wage cut and then there's getting offered peanuts. (in relative terms to the money he's currently on)

You could well be right for all I know, mate. I’m a bit more confident than that though. :thumbsup:

4 minutes ago, Ryder said:

You could well be right for all I know, mate. I’m a bit more confident than that though. :thumbsup:

I was as well until i heard the pundits basically dismiss us haha. 

That and the fact that the only people really mentioning us signing him are members of Jamboskickback!

Throw in the news that we were really close to signing the dutch guy but couldn't agree on a contract. He plays for Go Ahead Eagles ffs. 

29 minutes ago, Greedy_Jambo said:

Looks like we're not getting that dutch guy either because we couldn't offer him a good enough contract. 

Where did this come from? Could be he wanted a Shreee year deal and we offered him 18 months with option of extending 

Honestly I think some folk want us to fail in the transfer market so they can have a dig 

maroonlegions

So one of his main reasons to request a move is he wants back up here. If Killie cannot match Norwich's valuation then what is is next move outwith coming to us??  

maroonlegions
1 minute ago, Bozi said:

Where did this come from? Could be he wanted a Shreee year deal and we offered him 18 months with option of extending 

Honestly I think some folk want us to fail in the transfer market so they can have a dig 

Aye, some posts on here  are reeking. FTH.

1 minute ago, maroonlegions said:

Aye, some post on here reek. FTH.

Translated posts are not that accurate but they're usually more accurate than made up stuff haha

Lord Beni of Gorgie

We clearly have a  budget this month. I would like to believe we are not spunking it on names already mentioned because it is quality not quantity. 

I would like to believe it.....

maroonlegions
Just now, Greedy_Jambo said:

Translated posts are not that accurate but they're usually more accurate than made up stuff haha

Accurate from pure speculation :laugh:

33 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

Could be the case, they said that Norwich looking for around £10k towards his wages but said that Naismith would be willing to contribute towards that. Still no clearer though, aaaargh this is doing my nut in. 

More likely a permanent transfer

maroonlegions
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

We clearly have a  budget this month. I would like to believe we are not spunking it on names already mentioned because it is quality not quantity. 

I would like to believe it.....

Same.

:thumbsup:

Sometimes we put what we want wayyyy ahead of what we know is realistic. Heart before Head 

I think this one might be the case. 

I obviously hope to duck i'm wrong. 

5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

More likely a permanent transfer

Only going on what they were saying on sportsound, seemed like they were talking more about a loan. 

29 minutes ago, Walter Burns said:

So we're just going to give up midfield....with no ball winner there, our defence is going to be under some amount of pressure....

Maybe prince or cowie? With that you could line up 3-4-2-1 so

mclaughlin

souttar smith berra

randall cowie djoum mitchell

skinny cochrane

isma

Hibs dont play through their midfield as much as people seem to claim so we might be better on the front foot , trust our defence and attack with balance and remind them they are no great shakes. 

Son Of Anarchy
36 minutes ago, Greedy_Jambo said:

None of that matters if we can't afford him!

How is it you know we can't afford him and what our average wage is? 

I wonder if the derby would influence him in terms of the timing.  If he is keen to join us wouldn't he want the loose ends tied up quickly so that he could get a couple of training sessions in before hitting Lochend with everything on Sunday.

Maybe not.

1 minute ago, Son Of Anarchy said:

How is it you know we can't afford him and what our average wage is? 

In the know ;)

Haha

41 minutes ago, sadj said:

Rangers - doubtful , signed others , board interested , murty and dof not interested , fans...nuff said

Killie , Clarke if he hangs about , hometown club who gave him a start , poor crowds etc

Hearts - Levein (who he praises) , young players to help with , charity work , Lafferty , moving forward as a club , atmospheric ground etc

plenty of pros so can only wait and see whats what in all cases wages may or may not be relevant

Also where is he more likely to get himself back into Scotland side between Hearts or Killie

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I wonder if the derby would influence him in terms of the timing.  If he is keen to join us wouldn't he want the loose ends tied up quickly so that he could get a couple of training sessions in before hitting Lochend with everything on Sunday.

Maybe not.

I dont think so. Leveins probably wanted someone in but professionals see much further than 1 game ahead.

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Not if they trade Jordan Jones

That’s the biggest threat to the deal I’d think. Do Norwich really want Jones? If so they just do a straight swop. With Norwich giving Naismith a pay-off. 

Nelly Terraces
3 hours ago, ...a bit disco said:

£20 is my limit but game on Nelly!

:thumbsup:

Just give what you can mate - every little helps! We had another top poster offering to match the 100 & also chucking in a free cab ride from the airport! This is ****ing happening man! :D

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

That’s the biggest threat to the deal I’d think. Do Norwich really want Jones? If so they just do a straight swop. With Norwich giving Naismith a pay-off. 

Makes Kilmarnock more viable for a deal for sure

If we can’t afford Byrne and Kogel then highly unlikely Naismith will go through. Feels like another really piss poor transfer window already! Appreciate we have 2 weeks to go but a loan signing and nothing else suggests our targets are outwith our budgets. Surely something we already have an idea on! 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Markymark said:

If we can’t afford Byrne and Kogel then highly unlikely Naismith will go through. Feels like another really piss poor transfer window already! Appreciate we have 2 weeks to go but a loan signing and nothing else suggests our targets are outwith our budgets. Surely something we already have an idea on! 

Its how much you want to pay not necessarily afford. Subtle difference

6 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

alot of people struggle to get this.

4 minutes ago, Markymark said:

If we don’t do business before the derby we should go with what we’ve got until the summer

Just now, Sir Gio said:

Aye very subtle....

We target players surely on whether they will fit into our wage structure? Surely that’s part of scouting a player? 

To lose out to Oldham and have a players stay put in the Dutch 2nd division would suggest we don’t have a clue on target salaries 

3 minutes ago, Markymark said:

Aye very subtle....

We target players surely on whether they will fit into our wage structure? Surely that’s part of scouting a player? 

To lose out to Oldham and have a players stay put in the Dutch 2nd division would suggest we don’t have a clue on target salaries 

Or we do have a clue and are willing to stick to the going rate. Also Lafferty and Berra deals went through without much fuss. 

8 minutes ago, Bigboi said:

alot of people struggle to get this.

Indeed but its another way to find a stick to beat the club which is a common trait at the moment on here

4 minutes ago, Markymark said:

Aye very subtle....

Sometimes there is more to it than just money. Levein said something about attitude recently and giving off the vibe that they were excited about playing for us. What we don't need again are players who are just here to pick up a wage and have little or no buzz or enthusiasm about being here. As far as Naismith is concerned the next forty eight hours and we'll know.

• cosanostra changed the title to Steven Naismith - Arrives at Tynecastle!!!!

Archived