Elvis interviewed (merged)

Never Let Them Forget

Hearts First

Is looking like Walker will be playing tomorrow and I for one will be there and cheering him on.

If Elvis comes here as manager, I will also be one of his travelling army of supporters.

I will also cheer Walker, but The Snake can do one.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Driver gets brought down for a blatant penalty.

Referee immediately gives it, and Linesman runs over to stand in his 'penalty position' on the goal line.

Fracas ensues in the box, Falkirk players booked, Pressley strolls over to the linesman for a wee chat in his ear.

Linesman then puts his flag up and tells the referee it's a corner instead of a penalty.

Referee changes his decision and gives a corner.

So in other words, he hates losing and will go above and beyond to get his team to win? Aye, we don't need that sort of desire in a manager right enough.

Pressley acted like a total dick that day, and will never be welcomed back at Tynecastle by a sizeable number of Hearts fans. Now some on here accuse these fans of being bigots because he signed for Celtic.

In response to that I would highlight that Paul Hartley also signed for Celtic and came back to Tynecastle on numerous occasions. He played hard and fair, did not wind up Hearts fans with stupid antics, and as such will always be welcomed back to Tynecastle by the vast majority of Hearts fans either as a guest, or indeed as Head Coach.

What's a sizeable number of Hearts fans? Again, you don't know, it might be 10% might be 65%, you're surmising.

In regards to the chest pump, I'm sure a load of the haters wouldn't have bothered that much if he wasn't playing for the Tims, admittedly it's an assumption as I haven't asked every single one of the bitter brigade.

So in other words, he hates losing and will go above and beyond to get his team to win? Aye, we don't need that sort of desire in a manager right enough.

Did you warmly applaud him for his winning mentality that day then???

I worked with Elvis on his presentation to use at interview last year. Over 4 days it was a pleasure to both work with and learn from such a driven ambitious man. He is obsessive about football and from the content of his presentation he wants his team to play football the correct way. He was neither arrogant or difficult and had time for a few laughs with my family. This is his character off the football pitch. On it you need belief, arrogance and a large dose of it too. I'd be delighted if he was successful, the man is simply obsessive about football and he would prepare the team every match with exactly what is required and how to win. Good luck Elvis.

(He is obsessive about football and from the content of his presentation he wants his team to play football the correct way.)

What is the correct way?

Is it one way, his way and no other. Sounds like another Cathro to me.

I really dont want to be negative but that sounds like a bad idea.

What's a sizeable number of Hearts fans? Again, you don't know, it might be 10% might be 65%, you're surmising.

In regards to the chest pump, I'm sure a load of the haters wouldn't have bothered that much if he wasn't playing for the Tims, admittedly it's an assumption as I haven't asked every single one of the bitter brigade.

The Hartley comparison is pointless as he was squeaky clean.

What do you want me to do?  Carry out a poll???

The Hartley comparison is relevant.

You are another that seems to be accusing Hearts fans of having a pop at Pressley because he was wearing a Celtic top.

My point is that Hartley also wore a Celtic top, but he would be universally welcomed at Tynecastle - because unlike Pressley he did not act like a dick!!

Did you warmly applaud him for his winning mentality that day then???

What a ridiculous question, which I am sure you already know the answer to.

However, had the shoe been on the other foot I can catagorically say that he'd have been seen as a hero in the eyes of our fans and rightly so.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Take out the Snake argument and look at this from a purely managerial perspective:

We should not even be interviewing this guy. His track record doesn't justify an interview.

No doubt he will be cheap though. Let's not overlook that aspect in all this.

What a ridiculous question, which I am sure you already know the answer to.

However, had the shoe been on the other foot I can catagorically say that he'd have been seen as a hero in the eyes of our fans and rightly so.

Certainly tried to make himself a hero in front of those Celtic fans with his chest thumping and badge kissing.......

What do you want me to do? Carry out a poll???

You are another that seems to be accusing Hearts fans of having a pop at Pressley because he was wearing a Celtic top.

My point is that Hartley also wore a Celtic top, but he would be universally welcomed at Tynecastle - because unlike Pressley he did not act like a dick!!

Well don't use terms like sizeable chunk or whatever as you don't know if that's true, but aye, I edited my post re Hartley as I didn't fully read yours.

Actually, I'm certain some of the haters are spewing 'cos he had a Tim top on, more than certain actually.

What do you want me to do?  Carry out a poll???

You are another that seems to be accusing Hearts fans of having a pop at Pressley because he was wearing a Celtic top.

My point is that Hartley also wore a Celtic top, but he would be universally welcomed at Tynecastle - because unlike Pressley he did not act like a dick!!

Personally I'd be massively underwhelmed if Hartley was appointed. And I know many who feel the same way. Was a super player for us but we should be doing much better in terms of our next Head Coach. 

Bazzas right boot

If Elvis is appointed and hibs beat s he'd be finished before he starts.

Unknown user

More like -

we loved him, we separate with our best wishes - then he turn up at a party in your house and slobbers all over his new lover for 90 minutes.....then finishes off with a "GIRFUY" as he walks out the door!

Now he's just a fat slag

FTFY, still works

Jam Tarts 1874

I think that may well be the case whoever comes in.

Personally I'd be massively underwhelmed if Hartley was appointed. And I know many who feel the same way. Was a super player for us but we should be dong much better in terms of our next Head Coach. 

When I said "universally welcomed back to Tynecastle" I meant generally either as a guest - or (for some) as Head Coach.

Well don't use terms like sizeable chunk or whatever as you don't know if that's true, but aye, I edited my post re Hartley as I didn't fully read yours.

Actually, I'm certain some of the haters are spewing 'cos he had a Tim top on, more than certain actually.

Eh....do you have proof of that then.......

(He is obsessive about football and from the content of his presentation he wants his team to play football the correct way.)

What is the correct way?

Is it one way, his way and no other. Sounds like another Cathro to me.

I really dont want to be negative but that sounds like a bad idea.

Yeah I thought the same, Cathro gave it big licks about every single detail, to be honest I feel like we have been guilty of over analysing in the past few years. All the big games we have given Aberdeen and Hibs way too much respect and altered shape and personnel.

The media are reporting that interviews are being carried out by Ann and Craig. Is this a sign that Ann isn't prepared to leave Levein to his own devices anymore?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Take out the Snake argument and look at this from a purely managerial perspective:

We should not even be interviewing this guy. His track record doesn't justify an interview.

No doubt he will be cheap though. Let's not overlook that aspect in all this.

You get it.

But one look at this thread, will tell you he is pure marmite. Love him or hate him. We just cant risk that at the moment.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I'm going to speculate.

The real candidates are getting an invite to the Queen of Hearts next week. Based on absolutely nada

The media are reporting that interviews are being carried out by Ann and Craig. Is this a sign that Ann isn't prepared to leave Levein to his own devices anymore?

That is certainly what I was told - she is does not suffer fools gladly that's for sure!!

I would bet my savings that the majority of bitter narrow minded knuckle draggers STILL all in a flux re Elvis thumping away some 10 plus years ago dont go to games and simply bump their gums online so shouldnt really matter if Elvis does get the gig, lets be fair :)

I would bet my savings that the majority of bitter narrow minded knuckle draggers STILL all in a flux re Elvis thumping away some 10 plus years ago dont go to games and simply bump their gums online so shouldnt really matter if Elvis does get the gig, lets be fair :)

Is that right - suggest you keep your ?36.50 where it is, under the bed...

Certainly tried to make himself a hero in front of those Celtic fans with his chest thumping and badge kissing.......

Granted I wasn't over the moon at the time. But I am also a grown up and I'm able to get over such incidents because what he had already done for Hearts far out-weighed all that crap. It's embarrassing that some folk behave like kids and fall over themselves to be continually offended by it, however, I suspect quite a few of them are from the UJ brigade.

If Pressley was appointed, I'd back him, and I believe his passion and desire is exactly what's missing from the dressing room just now.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Yada.

It does matter that he's an appalling manager. The fact that plenty on here are prepared to overlook that does not reflect well on them or their knowledge of football.

What has Elvis done to even deserve an interview? 

His managerial record is as lacklustre as they come and there's nothing to suggest he'd offered anything more aside from being Levein's mate. 

Would be tragic if he was given the job over much more proven managers. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

What has Elvis done to even deserve an interview?

His managerial record is as lacklustre as they come and there's nothing to suggest he'd offered anything more aside from being Levein's mate.

Would be tragic if he was given the job over much more proven managers.

It would mean our board have no money/clue/both

Alex Smith reckons we would be getting a reliable and knowledgeable coach. An endoresment we should listen to?

Granted I wasn't over the moon at the time. But I am also a grown up and I'm able to get over such incidents because what he had already done for Hearts far out-weighed all that crap. It's embarrassing that some folk behave like kids and fall over themselves to be continually offended by it, however, I suspect quite a few of them are from the UJ brigade.

If Pressley was appointed, I'd back him, and I believe his passion and desire is exactly what's missing from the dressing room just now.

And these same "UJ Brigade" also detest Hartley do they??

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Alex Smith reckons we would be getting a reliable and knowledgeable coach. An endoresment we should listen to?

:rofl:

Is he being paid to say this? Seriously.

Correct

Falkirk 2005 under Burley

2 nil down

OG by Pressley and Gordon sent off IIRC

Nobody expected anything from that game except one guy.

Our captain that day.

And he drove us on in every game he played for the club.

At least he would instill that back into the team after Cathro destroyed it in just a few months.

Going over the candidates,would be shocked if Pressley got the job.

Do you know the candidate short list? I'd be surprised if anyone did outwith the club.

And these same "UJ Brigade" also detest Hartley do they??

If Hartley had done likewise, I am sure they would.

However, we'll just need to agree to disagree.

Have a good weekend bud. ;)

Spitonastranger

Loved Pressley as a player, me and my son in the stand that day he did the chest pump. Wife and younger son Celtic fans. Nothing to do with Celtic, you seem to have an agenda.

Winston Ingram

Erm... well exactly. Hartley didn't "do likewise"....!

So does that not prove the point - it was the antics not the Celtic top?

Anyway here's to 3 points on Saturday!

Borders Jambo

What is obvious from this and other threads is that opinion on SP varies wildly.

I think it probably means that he shouldn't be considered as you can just imagine the reaction if he was appointed and we then went on a bad run. For him I suspect he would get possibly 3 defeats. I don't think its going to help anyone if we want any sort of continuity or getting the support fully behind the team/HC.

I do wonder just how much of an influence CL will have this time and I say that as someone who still thinks he can turn things around. Whoever is appointed needs to get on with him in the first instance.

Loved Pressley as a player, me and my son in the stand that day he did the chest pump. Wife and younger son Celtic fans. Nothing to do with Celtic, you seem to have an agenda.

Come again?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

You are equally guilty of making an assumption because people don't like him because he is bitter.

Because that is the very simplistic argument for the Elvis lovers

He engineered the move.

I love when a figment of someones imagination is put across as a fact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As would happen to Boothroyd, McClaren, Freedman et al.

There's two things in your statement which annoy me about us atm:

1. We aren't strengthening the squad in key areas to help prevent that - yet they, Aberdeen and St Johnstone are strengthening.

2. We are defining ourselves against Hibs games too much.

We face a hard season - poorly performing squad, away from home a lot to begin with, rivals for europe getting stronger - so any manager deserves time. Like Cathro did. Only thing with Cathro was he had done nothing to suggest he deserved beyond May. Imo Pressley in 4th/5th come May with this squad in the circumstances is fine by me.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

What is obvious from this and other threads is that opinion on SP varies wildly.

I think it probably means that he shouldn't be considered as you can just imagine the reaction if he was appointed and we then went on a bad run. For him I suspect he would get possibly 3 defeats. I don't think its going to help anyone if we want any sort of continuity or getting the support fully behind the team/HC.

I do wonder just how much of an influence CL will have this time and I say that as someone who still thinks he can turn things around. Whoever is appointed needs to get on with him in the first instance.

You understand perfectly well I would say.

Seymour M Hersh

Falkirk 2005 under Burley

2 nil down

OG by Pressley and Gordon sent off IIRC

Nobody expected anything from that game except one guy.

Our captain that day.

And he drove us on in every game he played for the club.

At least he would instill that back into the team after Cathro destroyed it in just a few months.

Hang on, wasn't Neilson also held responsible for our lack of fight?

See, this is the problem if we have to limit the candidates to those who will "get on" with Levein.

Just give us the best possible experienced Manager and let him get on with the job!

He's a monumental bellend who think he is something special. Achieved absolutely nothing out with his playing career.

Would be a shocking appointment.

Fly the Saltire

Could do a lot worse than Elvis.  But who ever is appointed will have a difficult task as we are four of five players short of getting into top four this season.

Archived