Elvis interviewed (merged)

Never Let Them Forget

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Unknown user

McInnes done great at St Johnstone then failed at England at a higher level than Pressley.

Moyes must be our man then, he's failed at a higher level than any of them!

kenneth Du beke

This could be a clever move from Levein. Interview the most hated man in Gorgie for the job. He has the fans bammed up and slips in his latest puppet(Daly) under the radar.

If it's Pressley it smacks of Levein getting his way again and of Budge being fooled by the interview instead of looking deeper at the CV.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

This could be a clever move from Levein. Interview the most hated man in Gorgie for the job. He has the fans bammed up and slips in his latest puppet(Daly) under the radar.

It would be funny if either Pressley or Daly got it. I told seethe on here, including mine.

Wouldn't be funny for long like

Moyes must be our man then, he's failed at a higher level than any of them!

I'm realistic budget wise Freedman for me.

I want him inside our club as soon as possible to instill some pride and desire in the dressing room. This is a man who for me symbolised the 'Heart' in Heart of Midlothian on the pitch for us when captain.

That said,imo his managerial record isn't good enough to warrant the top job. I would however have him as assistant to a proven manager.

Since Austin is already here that can't really happen. I don't see him willing to take a first team coach role but I'd have him in there,no question.

OUCH!!!!

Certainly wouldn't be shi*ing ourselves every time we play Hibs with him in charge.

If that is the only criteria, we'd be as well giving the job to Locke.

PhoenixHearts

I'd prefer somebody with a bit more experience, but it would be worth it even just to get it right up the 'snake' mob.

jack D and coke

Np mate cheers for that.Who am i thinking of that came into the dressing room at a european game.I thought it was levein at wee robbos first match in charge and wish the players all the best?I could be miles off here btw.

That was Anatoly Byshovets or whatever his name was in Basle. Robbo was boss.

PhoenixHearts

On what planet is Steven Pressley the most hated man in Gorgie?

No way Elvis would devide the fans :lol:

He'd very quickly re-establish himself as Hearts through and through

His enthusiasm and commitment would overcome most concerns pretty quickly

He would give 100%

Whether he is the right choice is another matter

Clerry Jambo

most hated man in Gorgie bwahahahahah GTF

Let me save you some time, he's shite

You must've analysed his managerial career in some depth, club by club, how admirable of you.

letsalldothebeattie

I think I seem to be the only one if not in a very small minority that isn't bothered by Elvis getting an interview. He was a terrific servant to us and captained us with great distinction. Yes he done a stupid thing by pumping the celtic bag but come on its been 10 years it wasn't aimed at the support it was aimed at Romanov and co.

I would still go with McClaren as our next manager but if for some reason he doesn't get the job I wouldn't be disappointed like most would if Elvis got it

132goals1958

Dear oh Dear. Maybe your post count is an indicator.

I think I seem to be the only one if not in a very small minority that isn't bothered by Elvis getting an interview. He was a terrific servant to us and captained us with great distinction. Yes he done a stupid thing by pumping the celtic bag but come on its been 10 years it wasn't aimed at the support it was aimed at Romanov and co.

I would still go with McClaren as our next manager but if for some reason he doesn't get the job I wouldn't be disappointed like most would if Elvis got it

But stupid of him because Romanov wasn't at the game!!

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

You must've analysed his managerial career in some depth, club by club, how admirable of you.

Wanted Neilson gone.

Wanted Cathro to be given more time.

Wants Stephen Pressley as manager.

:lol:

I actually think most would be quite happy to see him installed as manager. I honestly don't get the rage about the chest pumping. It was totally aimed at Romanov. I think that many forget how Pressley, Hartley and Gordon tried to get things sorted out with Romanov for the benefit of the fans and the team only for them to be ostrised by him. Little doubt why he was bitter with him. None of the chest pumping was aimed at the club or the fans.

Ron Burgundy

Apart from the chest thump and also saying his Scottish cup win with Celtic meant more than his win with us his managerial record is garbage..Get him to feck.

Wanted Neilson gone.

Wanted Cathro to be given more time.

Wants Stephen Pressley as manager.

:lol:

What you on about you lunatic?

I have never once stated I wanted Neilson gone, quite the opposite.

I'm unsure about Pressley being appointed but in Cathro you got 1 out of 3 right.

Good effort.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

What you on about you lunatic?

I have never once stated I wanted Neilson gone, quite the opposite.

I'm unsure about Pressley being appointed but in Cathro you got 1 out of 3 right.

Good effort.

Did you not, Mind playing tricks then. You do seem pretty convinced by Pressley though.

BobbyJenkins

Irrespective of the fact it was aimed at Romanov, he did it at Tynecastle for Celtic in front of Hearts fans. **** him for that. Thats not why I wouldn't want him as manager though, thats because hes shite.

jack D and coke

I always enjoy when that fact is mentioned.

Pressley got it right up everyone of us in the stadium that day. He meant it alright, a big **** you jambos to all of us.

Only a feeble minded person would accept him back here.

Bungalow Bill

I actually think most would be quite happy to see him installed as manager.

Haven't met a single fan who wants him and I work with loads of Hearts fans, all season ticket holders too.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Apart from the chest thump and also saying his Scottish cup win with Celtic meant more than his win with us his managerial record is garbage..Get him to feck.

Did he? :lol:

He had shown utter contempt for the fans imo and the only reason he wants to manage us is because he can't get a decent club anywhere else.

Pants Shaton

Almost every single one of the guys I know that goes week in, week out, detest him.

In my view they are far more representative than Kickback.

That's what was claimed prior to Robbie's testimonial until he was given an overwhelmingly positive reception. Most of the haters must have stayed at home that day.

Did you not, Mind playing tricks then. You do seem pretty convinced by Pressley though.

Your backtracking is appreciated.

Me thinking the snakey chat is out of order and me wanting him as our new gaffer are two completely different things.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I've always regarded him as an aloof wankpiece. Chest pump, I'm big enough to ignore that shite, but generally the man is a roaster.

Easiest way to cancel scores of FoH contributions, because it might be the only thing that would stop mine, and that is almost unthinkable to me.

Almost. I really don't like him and its not because he p*ssed off to Celtic and behaved like a disrespectful welt.

Only my opinion, but I think the club would get everyone behind them by going for the likes of Alan Archibald.

He's out the frame, which is a pity, as we're in dire need of someone like him at this time.

I appreciate you answering my question.

I did intentionally specify 'realistic', which seems to rule Archibald out.

I'm just trying to demonstrate that there is no clear outstanding candidate, & therefore whoever is appointed will have 'split the fans'.

I've always regarded him as an aloof wankpiece. Chest pump, I'm big enough to ignore that shite, but generally the man is a roaster.

Easiest way to cancel scores of FoH contributions, because it might be the only thing that would stop mine, and that is almost unthinkable to me.

Almost. I really don't like him and its not because he p*ssed off to Celtic and behaved like a disrespectful welt.

You don't know him though and I think there's an underlying resentment with lots of the haters due to the Celtic connection.

Anyway, say he gets the gig, what will you do? Stay at home in protest? What if he does well, will you be totally spewing with rage?

I appreciate you answering my question.

I did intentionally specify 'realistic', which seems to rule Archibald out.

I'm just trying to demonstrate that there is no clear outstanding candidate, & therefore whoever is appointed will have 'split the fans'.

Like all of us, I just want a team that looks settled and starts winning again. If that happens, any split will quickly disappear.

Jam Tarts 1874

He didn't "p*** off to Celtic".  He was sacked by Hearts and signed for Celtic when he was unemployed.

blackrebel1978

Not my first choice but wouldn't be completely gutted if given the job as there are a lot more worse options. As for his past failures as a manager, Neil Lennon was equally a huge failure down south as a manager (lets be honest most on here could manage Celtic to winning the league with their resources), but what he has done is installed a winning mentality in them and gave them a bit of bite which is exactly what we need. At least Pressley would have them fired up for games and would give the 'hairdryer' treatment when needed, something we have missed as current players seem to now go through the motions in games without getting a rocket up their arse.

He didn't "p*** off to Celtic". He was sacked by Hearts and signed for Celtic when he was unemployed.

Sir Gio is bitter, twisted, and blinded by hatred, still....

doctor jambo

Not my first choice but wouldn't be completely gutted if given the job as there are a lot more worse options. As for his past failures as a manager, Neil Lennon was equally a huge failure down south as a manager (lets be honest most on here could manage Celtic to winning the league with their resources), but what he has done is installed a winning mentality in them and gave them a bit of bite which is exactly what we need. At least Pressley would have them fired up for games and would give the 'hairdryer' treatment when needed, something we have missed as current players seem to now go through the motions in games without getting a rocket up their arse.

NOt sure the ability to shout at players is the biggest quality in a manager

HIs managerial record would indicate that he motivated teams into mediocrity and relegation

Good post but won't go down well with some eijits. Anybody with half a brain would realise the context in which Presley pumped the Celtic badge- it was directly aimed at Romanov. But a few lame brains will no doubt think otherwise.

Presley is a committed professional who will give his all for Hearts if he gets the job. Should he get the job? That's up to Ann but his record as a manager isn't great.

No matter who gets the job we should all get behind the new manager and the club.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Good post but won't go down well with some eijits. Anybody with half a brain would realise the context in which Presley pumped the Celtic badge- it was directly aimed at Romanov. But a few lame brains will no doubt think otherwise.

Presley is a committed professional who will give his all for Hearts if he gets the job. Should he get the job? That's up to Ann but his record as a manager isn't great.

No matter who gets the job we should all get behind the new manager and the club.

You nailed it, he's not a good manager, and not of people.

End of. Next please.

Oh FFS !!!! Well over the top reaction.

blackrebel1978

NOt sure the ability to shout at players is the biggest quality in a manager

HIs managerial record would indicate that he motivated teams into mediocrity and relegation

Not for one minute saying its the biggest quality in a manager, but its defo something we have missed for a while. Just my opinion of course, but for me too many players have been allowed to either underperform on a regular basis or their attitude and commitment in some games has been appalling. I genuinely dont mind losing games as its part and parcel of football, but cant accept the manner in which we have lost a lot of games recently (Easter Road an example. do i hate losing to them, aye of course, but its even worse when players look like they cant be arsed). Too many players thinking they're bigger than this club and unless there is an 'authoritative' manager in place to command respect, this will continue. Like I said just my opinion, could be wrong and yes I agree its not the biggest quality, but I think its important to have as pretty much all successful managers have this.

Archived