Elvis interviewed (merged)

Never Let Them Forget

Never Let Them Forget

Back page of the paper saying that Steven Pressley was interviewd yesterday. I couldn't think of anyone worse out of the names mentioned.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of all the candidates I can't call who I'd rather have more than Sergio, but I think the fans are getting a dose of Craig knows best. So we're not getting Sergio.

Pressley I'd love to see back at the club provided his philosophy is built on winning and not conforming to the pinnacle of careers being in Glasgow. He doesn't seem the type to entertain passengers which we need.

However, his previous jobs haven't been littered in success. English football is different to Scottish so who knows if he'd be more successful up here. 

Out of the ex players list he should be the ONLY choice. Miles ahead of Hartley (who was also a wonderful player for us) in my opinion. 

Whether there are other better choices depends on who else they are actually interviewing. 

Glad to see he has put himself forward. He's certainly a man with with way bigger marbles than those in our support who got overly offended by a heat of the moment incident after totally justifiable frustrations at the way the lunatic owner was running the club. We certainly need a no nonsense individual leading us given the shambles we have become. 

If Elvis gets the gig he'll have a huge job with big expectations and pressure but definitely my support to turn things around. 

Out of the ex players list he should be the ONLY choice. Miles ahead of Hartley (who was also a wonderful player for us) in my opinion.

Whether there are other better choices depends on who else they are actually interviewing.

Glad to see he has put himself forward. He's certainly a man with with way bigger marbles than those in our support who got overly offended by a heat of the moment incident after totally justifiable frustrations at the way the lunatic owner was running the club. We certainly need a no nonsense individual leading us given the shambles we have become.

If Elvis gets the gig he'll have a huge job with big expectations and pressure but definitely my support to turn things around.

I'd have no problem whatsoever with Elvis.

I suspect he's a strong candidate

Winston Ingram

Sorry, "justifiable frustrations" is pish. He could have aired them (and did) without his antics that day which actually only served to antagonise supporters who treated him like a king for years.

Nothing in Pressley's managerial history suggests he can properly manage us. That aside, people are perfectly entitled to be pissed off at him.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Putting personal feelings to the side he'd still be a disaster. Done nothing in management and seems very insecure going by his Coventry interview. Could see him not getting along with players and don't imagine people would want to play with him.

Only upside being Djoum getting a rocket up the arse.

:sob:

Sorry, "justifiable frustrations" is pish. He could have aired them (and did) without his antics that day which actually only served to antagonise supporters who treated him like a king for years.

Nothing in Pressley's managerial history suggests he can properly manage us. That aside, people are perfectly entitled to be pissed off at him.

Actions of SP that day were clearly directed solely at the Russian

Lengths some people go to in desperation to be offended is laughable

I wouldn't complain. He would walk into any dressing room and command respect.

I agree that he would command respect but he doesn't have the experience or the track record of success that we need and he would divide an already divided support.

He'll probably be Hearts manager at some stage but I don't think it's his time yet.

Winston Ingram

Actions of SP that day were clearly directed solely at the Russian

Lengths some people go to in desperation to be offended is laughable

Very strange way to do it then. I wasn't offended at all.. just thought it made him look like an arsehole.

Very strange way to do it then. I wasn't offended at all.. just thought it made him look like an arsehole.

It was ill advised for sure. But the lengths some people have gone to be forever offended is tragic

All the "snakey" stuff is horrendous

We certainly need someone with his passion and winning mentality.

Not quite sure if he'd be the right guy for the job though due to his overall record and standing within a big chunk of our support.

I'd take him ahead of Hartley or Houston though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No thanks. But does it matter who the manger/coach is? The  puppet master is still there, and only Budge can get shot of him. Nothing will change as long as he's still  DOF.

Ferryjambo99

No thanks. But does it matter who the manger/coach is? The puppet master is still there, and only Budge can get shot of him. Nothing will change as long as he's still DOF.

Really I must have imagined the massive change in form, playing style, training methods and results which coincided with Cathro coming in. Almost like it was a change in manager that caused it. Almost like the manager picks all these things, not the dof

Unknown user

Would love to see this legend of a man back at our football club.

Seconded, he was Mr Hearts, and a wee chest thump didn't destroy those memories for me. Also, maybe he's the ex defender that'll add that brutal efficient side to Soapy's game and remind him he's a defender first, a pass-spraying Beckenbauer second.

Elvis would be a decent app IMHO...

Incredible that folk have all the maturity of a 10 year old schoolboy re their inability to move on from a few seconds of frustration from Elvis purely aimed against one man and his dodgy regime...!!!

Obviously folk who take themself too seriously and are in the fortunate position never to have made a questionable decision in their puffs!!!

rudi must stay

Seems a decent coach to me. With his CV he'll not be that high up in their thoughts probably, but he is a good candidate from outside the box

I am still in the pro-Elvis camp, his chest thump (which was a bit of a trademark of his already) was aimed at Romanov.  Not the Hearts support, and not Hearts as a club.  I believe he still holds strong affections for Hearts, but in my opinion he'd be the wrong choice.

To date I don't think he has demonstrated much ability as a manager, and that would put him behind a few of the other names for me, but my main reason for not wanting him is that at this point, we need a head coach who will unify the support.  Elvis is not quite the man who would achieve that.

What has Pressley done as a manager that makes some fans think he is the ideal choice??

Getintaethem

With the calibre of applicants we've had for the job, I'd be extremely disappointed if they gave it to Pressley.

rudi must stay

What has Pressley done as a manager that makes some fans think he is the ideal choice??

Good player for Hearts, and has managed a few good ambitious clubs. If you look at McInnes it shows its tougher in England, so you can't write him off due to that. If Pressley has that fire in his belly we need right now IMO then he's a superb candidate

Hearts First

Nothing. He only has failures on his managerial CV.

John Findlay

You are in for it now. You have had the temerity to question the Oracle.

It would be a very underwhelming appointment, considering the managerial pedigree of some of the other apparent candidates. Based on his managerial track record, I'm struggling to see why he's even on a shortlist.

However, given his unpopularity with a large section of our fans, he seems like exactly the sort of person Levein would enjoy appointing.

No thanks.

John Findlay

Defenders will win more free kicks. As they will be taught to fall over properly:-0)

Henry. Henry.

Massive fan of Pressley the player but his managerial record isn't good enough to suggest he will do the business here.

alicante jambo

When i seen elvis posted i thought please no.Great player and leader for us that cannot be denied but he is a failure of a manager.Dont want him or hartley.No fecking about this time hearts.

i wish jj was my dad

Really I must have imagined the massive change in form, playing style, training methods and results which coincided with Cathro coming in. Almost like it was a change in manager that caused it. Almost like the manager picks all these things, not the dof

One thing is for sure, we've not been watching a CL team on the park.

I've no big beef with SP in fact I would love to have him back in the dressing room right now but the last thing we need is a head coach who divides the support when we have zoomers like yer man who get moist at taking a pop at the club.

Bungalow Bill

No mention of Sergio getting an interview. I don't understand how Pressley is deemed suitable but not Sergio.

alicante jambo

No mention of Sergio getting an interview. I don't understand how Pressley is deemed suitable but not Sergio.

Mate it could be something simple.Presley stays much closer than sergio to edinburgh.Sergio may be at the end of the week.Im only guessing btw.

It was ill advised for sure. But the lengths some people have gone to be forever offended is tragic

All the "snakey" stuff is horrendous

Correct.

He wouldn't be my first choice but I'd have no problem with him getting the gig.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Rather have Cathro back than have to suffer this egotistical managerial failure.

:spoton:

At least our fans have not completely lost the plot :lol:

Clerry Jambo

Will always stick up for the Ledge and if he comes back fine.

However there are better candidates available, but he maybe best of the cheap options.

Archived