Elvis interviewed (merged)

Never Let Them Forget

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thinks he's better than Scottish football, wank.

Have you watched his interview when at Falkirk about Scottish football? Stephen Pressley gets where the source of the

problems in Scottish football lie. I would be delighted to have him back at our club. 

Given some of the names that have been mentioned already, I'd be disappointed. Plus he'd split the fan base and that's not what we need right now.

Hearts First

Have you watched his interview when at Falkirk about Scottish football? Stephen Pressley gets where the source of the

problems in Scottish football lie. I would be delighted to have him back at our club.

If a kiosk vacancy arises I have no problem with that.

I worked with Elvis on his presentation to use at interview last year. Over 4 days it was a pleasure to both work with and learn from such a driven ambitious man. He is obsessive about football and from the content of his presentation he wants his team to play football the correct way. He was neither arrogant or difficult and had time for a few laughs with my family. This is his character off the football pitch. On it you need belief, arrogance and a large dose of it too. I'd be delighted if he was successful, the man is simply obsessive about football and he would prepare the team every match with exactly what is required and how to win. Good luck Elvis.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

There's identifying problems, then there's finding a solution for them.

scott herbertson

I am still in the pro-Elvis camp, his chest thump (which was a bit of a trademark of his already) was aimed at Romanov. Not the Hearts support, and not Hearts as a club. I believe he still holds strong affections for Hearts, but in my opinion he'd be the wrong choice.

To date I don't think he has demonstrated much ability as a manager, and that would put him behind a few of the other names for me, but my main reason for not wanting him is that at this point, we need a head coach who will unify the support. Elvis is not quite the man who would achieve that.

Exactly where I am - the greatest captain of Hearts I've seen or am likely to see, but not proven as a coach

If he does well coaching or managing another side that would be the tune to consider him

He did an excellent job at Falkirk, and I think there were mitigating circumstances at Coventry and Fleetwood.

I'd have no problem with his appointment.

scott herbertson

I worked with Elvis on his presentation to use at interview last year. Over 4 days it was a pleasure to both work with and learn from such a driven ambitious man. He is obsessive about football and from the content of his presentation he wants his team to play football the correct way. He was neither arrogant or difficult and had time for a few laughs with my family. This is his character off the football pitch. On it you need belief, arrogance and a large dose of it too. I'd be delighted if he was successful, the man is simply obsessive about football and he would prepare the team every match with exactly what is required and how to win. Good luck Elvis.

Thanks for sharing that Jamos. Puts him in a good light - didn't read it before I made m post above but I will still rate him riskier than o'Neil or Freedman

There's identifying problems, then there's finding a solution for them.

Exactly, Cathro had a vision but couldn't execute it.  Seeing and doing are different things.  

Everyone knows he will divide the support as well, so that might be worth a risk if he was an outstanding manager, but Pressley has done nothing in management to suggest he deserves the job.  He has also showed utter contempt for the Scottish game when he was at Fleetwood, no thanks.  

He did an excellent job at Falkirk, and I think there were mitigating circumstances at Coventry and Fleetwood.

Excellent?  Was in charge when they were relegated and finished 3rd twice in the First division, how does that constitute excellent?  Although i agree about coventry being a mess at the time.

Elias Henry Furst

Hi Steven :wavey:

Interesting to see what he brought to the table at the interview. I certainly would not discount him getting the job,

The chest pumping stuff was clearly aimed at Romanov and there were more than a few Hearts supporters at that time that shared Pressleys frustrations with him. It was a silly thing to do as I'm sure that he is now well aware.

As for Pressleys managerial qualifications, we'll some of the very best had spectacular failures before coming good.

Out of the ex players list he should be the ONLY choice. Miles ahead of Hartley (who was also a wonderful player for us) in my opinion.

Whether there are other better choices depends on who else they are actually interviewing.

Glad to see he has put himself forward. He's certainly a man with with way bigger marbles than those in our support who got overly offended by a heat of the moment incident after totally justifiable frustrations at the way the lunatic owner was running the club. We certainly need a no nonsense individual leading us given the shambles we have become.

If Elvis gets the gig he'll have a huge job with big expectations and pressure but definitely my support to turn things around.

How is he a 'miles better' candidate than Hartley? Hartley has achieved a lot more than Pressley as a manager, and would not divide the fans as much.

Hearts First

Aye, he got them relegated. Top work that.

Some people are just a good fit at a club for whatever reason. Elvis played his best football here and really came on as a player. May just work out. That said I don't think he will get the job.

after the last few months, I'm not sure I have the energy for all the bickering Presley's appointment would bring

He is also a huge risk in terms of ability

jack D and coke

What has Pressley done as a manager that makes some fans think he is the ideal choice??

This for me.

That and the fact he's a complete prick.

No thanks.

BangkokHearts

My choice for next manager of Heart of Midlothian FC. 

He would win things with us. 

This. Whether I want him as HC is another matter however.

Correct he has traits that would be beneficial in the dressing room right now but overall im not sure his managerial success stacks up.

Elvis and Hartley are legends but both haven't done enough in their managerial careers to even almost be considered for a job as big as Hearts. Hartley especially given his end at Dundee. The standard of CV we are receiving pretty much rules either of them out anyway.

JamboJoker98

Got a lot of time for him given he bled maroon for 8 years. If he were appointed I'd over-look 'that' incident. 

However, there's simply better candidates out there for who have applied.

highlandjambo3

Would get the players "all shook up"........

I think "we're caought in a trap............we can't get out"...................

I'd have no problem whatsoever with Elvis.

I suspect he's a strong candidate

I suspect that is why he was interviewed.

alanthejambo

A lot of suspicious minds on this thread. If we are going to appoint him it's now or never

Well said,so many on here want to hate him,give him a break!

Freespeech1874

Out of the ex players list he should be the ONLY choice. Miles ahead of Hartley (who was also a wonderful player for us) in my opinion. What puts him miles ahead of Hartley,

Whether there are other better choices depends on who else they are actually interviewing.

Glad to see he has put himself forward. He's certainly a man with with way bigger marbles than those in our support who got overly offended by a heat of the moment incident after totally justifiable frustrations at the way the lunatic owner was running the club. We certainly need a no nonsense individual leading us given the shambles we have become.

If Elvis gets the gig he'll have a huge job with big expectations and pressure but definitely my support to turn things around.

What puts him miles ahead of Hartley, as far as I can see he's done **** as a manager

Thank you.  I too know him off the pitch and he is not what you see on it.  I would be happy if he was selected but he is not my 1st choice.

alicante jambo

My choice for next manager of Heart of Midlothian FC.

He would win things with us.

What makes you say that?Would it be this season or next season he would win things with us?

Captain Canada

Coventry are in a lower league now than when he was in charge and Fleetwood are in the same one as when he was there.

Neither team has really been successful since he left, albeit Fleetwood lost in the playoffs last season.

I think Levein owes him an interview from courtesy as he was an excellent captain for him.

Levein also jumped ship when he saw Romanov coming, so is unlikely to hold it against Elvis that he did so later.

I'd hope, given his managerial record, that it is just a courtesy.

He'd further divide the support before a ball was kicked.

There's better out there.

Jam Tarts 1874

No problem with Elvis.  

Our club has become soft as putty, perhaps someone of Elvis' character to take the dressing room by the scruff of the neck and sort out the imposters is what we need at this time.

It seems there are a number of posters who are under the impression that we have a large budget for this appointment, however with the funding shortfall for the new stand I suspect we aren't in a position to push the boat out.

I think Elvis has the potential to be another Jim Jeffries for us.

alicante jambo

I think Levein owes him an interview from courtesy as he was an excellent captain for him.

Levein also jumped ship when he saw Romanov coming, so is unlikely to hold it against Elvis that he did so later.

I'd hope, given his managerial record, that it is just a courtesy.

He'd further divide the support before a ball was kicked.

There's better out there.

Was levein no the manager under romanov?

Of the names mentioned Elvis doesn't have as good a CV by quite a considerable margin.

For that reason alone he's not my preferred choice.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Excellent? Was in charge when they were relegated and finished 3rd twice in the First division, how does that constitute excellent? Although i agree about coventry being a mess at the time.

It depends on how low his standards are, I suppose.

alicante jambo

No.

Np mate cheers for that.Who am i thinking of that came into the dressing room at a european game.I thought it was levein at wee robbos first match in charge and wish the players all the best?I could be miles off here btw.

With the calibre of applicants we've had for the job, I'd be extremely disappointed if they gave it to Pressley.

What if those calibre of applicants are asking for too much money?

Archived