Elvis interviewed (merged)

Never Let Them Forget

He's a pish manager and a wank.

No thanks.

You're another that's still bitter as ****, odds on you're only really raging 'cos he was playing for Timothy at the time.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wonderful player. Absolute warrior on the park for us.

Disaster of a manager though. How on earth did he even make the shortlist?

BangkokHearts

I think he's a strong choice against the fantasy picks of Steve McLaren and O'Neill.

Would give us the steel in the dressing room and in the dugout we so badly need at the moment.

Not as bad a manager as people would have you believe and a Hearts Ledge. 

I think Levein owes him an interview from courtesy as he was an excellent captain for him.

Levein also jumped ship when he saw Romanov coming, so is unlikely to hold it against Elvis that he did so later.

I'd hope, given his managerial record, that it is just a courtesy.

He'd further divide the support before a ball was kicked.

There's better out there.

He's one of the last I'd want.  The worrying factor here is if that the standard of interviewee, things do not look too rosy for the future.

That said I'll back him, or anyone else, if he gets the job.

You're another that's still bitter as ****, odds on you're only really raging 'cos he was playing for Timothy at the time.

So simply stating facts now equates to someone being bitter :lol:

If he gets the chance so be it.

Maybe he'll hit it off, turn things around and we go on a decent run, what will the haters do then? Hopefully they'll already be on a boycott and won't be there anyway.

Np mate cheers for that.Who am i thinking of that came into the dressing room at a european game.I thought it was levein at wee robbos first match in charge and wish the players all the best?I could be miles off here btw.

I guess it could have been. Don't remember it, but it could have been after he signed for Leicester.

:lol:

Even Falkirk fans don't think that.

Promised to keep them up, then got them relegated. Yep, not a popular fellow in Falkirk.

So simply stating facts now equates to someone being bitter :lol:

Calling him a "wank" isn't fact.

Well dodged with the Celtic insinuation :)

loveofthegame

He would create a huge divide in the support from day one. For that reason alone, I think it would be a very poor appointment. We need to come together, not have another reason for unrest. If he got off to a bad start the element that have never forgiven him would make the club poisonous.

Forgetting all of the above, I still think he'd be a very poor appointment. His managerial record is bang average (and that is being generous). He is also an arrogant prick of a man.

Finally, despite all that, he remains one of my Hearts heroes.

Calling him a "wank" isn't fact.

Well dodged with the Celtic insinuation :)

He's a pish manager. That's a fact.

And his antics on returning to Tynecastle, regardless of who it was aimed at, in my books makes him out to be a grade A wank.

Wouldn't matter a jot to me if he'd been playing in a Celtic top, Rangers top or Newtongrange Star top. We as supporters contributed to about 10 years of his salary and to come back and give it the big one was an insult.

All these folk saying he has a crap managerial record...Derek McInnes didn't have a great managerial record before going to Aberdeen. It hasn't done him any harm. Just sayin...

I'd have Elvis in a heartbeat. Certainly wouldn't stand for lack of effort etc from any player. Be a a good appointment IMO.

:D

He would create a huge divide in the support from day one. For that reason alone, I think it would be a very poor appointment. We need to come together, not have another reason for unrest. If he got off to a bad start the element that have never forgiven him would make the club poisonous.

Forgetting all of the above, I still think he'd be a very poor appointment. His managerial record is bang average (and that is being generous). He is also an arrogant prick of a man.

Finally, despite all that, he remains one of my Hearts heroes.

This guys get's it.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Thank you for your interest. Regrettably, like the rest of your managerial career, you were unsuccessful.

RobbofordGHC

I don't think he would divide the support as much as suggested. A dozen posters knocking him on kickback isn't representative of the support and he would get the backing of the vast majority. You only need to look at the threads on any of the names mentioned to see the negativity that dominates this board.

There are better candidates mentioned, some who are likely to have remuneration and recruitment expectations beyond our current budget. Elvis fits the profile of what we are likely to get, and he would know exactly the expectations of the support from his own experience. Would also know John Daly very well.

Not my first pick from the potential options but he's a strong candidate and I, like the majority of others, would get behind him if appointed.

Bazzas right boot

He's Not the best candidate.

Nothing against him, personally, lad is a legend, but there are better candidates.

Bazzas right boot

Folk getting ready to start the next manager oot poll before we have even appointed him.

loveofthegame

I don't think he would divide the support as much as suggested. A dozen posters knocking him on kickback isn't representative of the support and he would get the backing of the vast majority. You only need to look at the threads on any of the names mentioned to see the negativity that dominates this board.

Almost every single one of the guys I know that goes week in, week out, detest him.

In my view they are far more representative than Kickback.

weekend offender

Elvis, loved the guy but he ****ed it up,I don't want the ***** back.It would be like taking back the wife/bird who cheated.

And his antics on returning to Tynecastle, regardless of who it was aimed at, in my books makes him out to be a grade A wank.

Wouldn't matter a jot to me if he'd been playing in a Celtic top, Rangers top or Newtongrange Star top. We as supporters contributed to about 10 years of his salary and to come back and give it the big one was an insult.

I'll let you wallow in your bitterness then.

Me? I prefer to remember him for what he did for the club.

Special Agent Dale Cooper

I think he'd actually do ok here, he'd rattle a few cages and seems a deep thinker. However if we are going for one the more affordable candidates, which is understandable, then Sergio for me. The support needs galvanised and Pressley divides us right down the middle.

Sent from my Swift 2 using Tapatalk

I'll let you wallow in your bitterness then.

Me? I prefer to remember him for what he did for the club.

So you would want him in as manager purely on the basis of "what he did for our club" over a decade ago :rofl:

Bash on.

So you would want him in as manager purely on the basis of "what he did for our club" over a decade ago :rofl:

Bash on.

I never once said that.

It's who I'm expecting tbh... him or Hartley.

FWIW it wouldn't be the worst appointment Hearts could make... may actually be his calling in terms of level and club/league size.

Certainly someone the club can afford - which I'm sure is what Budge will be very interested in at this time.

Hilary Briss

Hartley has been interviewed this week too.

Dont think there is anything wrong with going through list of applicants.

Personally, McClaren, Freedman  or Boothroyd would be my preferred options......but one thing I would say for Elvis is - we wouldnt be turning up for derbies or any other big games and not try a leg under him, which has happened a lot over last few years. 

This is comedy gold

Are you under 10 years old?

Howdy Doody Jambo

Elvis, loved the guy but he ****ed it up,I don't want the ***** back.It would be like taking back the wife/bird who cheated.

lol sure

Elvis is a winner for his team and a good leader something we don't have at the club

Mate it could be something simple.Presley stays much closer than sergio to edinburgh.Sergio may be at the end of the week.Im only guessing btw.

Sergio won't even get an interview.

Managerial records sometimes mean bugger all. Folk on here of a certain age will remember when we got Willie Ormond as manager. An outstanding manager with St Johnstone and not a bad record with Scotland - an abject disaster with us. Some managers just seem to be a right fit for a particular club. Pressley was never outstanding as a player anywhere else but Hearts. He was a terrific captain. The spat with Romanov soured things for some, but I would not rule him out of landing the job here. Those in the boardroom must see something in him to ha e put him on the short list.

Sound so you agree with me that he's a pish manager then aye?

No, not at all. Haven't looked into his managerial career at any depth and taken into account the circumstances he worked under at each club to form an opinion on that.

This is comedy gold

Are you under 10 years old?

Was at Easter Road when he slammed home a 91st min pen.

Loved SP as a player.

He's a pish manager and a tosser of a human being tho.

Comedy Gold for having an opinion  :lol:

"Its all at the very early stages with a small number of initial inteviews being carried out" source quoted by the Daily Record.

Certainly wouldn't be shi*ing ourselves every time we play Hibs with him in charge.

Brilliant captain and leader and no matter what anybody says he obviously has a deep rooted feeling for our club.

Hartley has been interviewed this week too.

Dont think there is anything wrong with going through list of applicants.

Personally, McClaren, Freedman  or Boothroyd would be my preferred options......but one thing I would say for Elvis is - we wouldnt be turning up for derbies or any other big games and not try a leg under him, which has happened a lot over last few years. 

Guaranteed!

Tokyo Drifter

Back page of the paper saying that Steven Pressley was interviewd yesterday. I couldn't think of anyone worse out of the names mentioned.

I'd take him, but not at the expense of McLaren.

Chris Benoit

No, not at all. Haven't looked into his managerial career at any depth and taken into account the circumstances he worked under at each club to form an opinion on that.

Let me save you some time, he's shite

John Findlay

I assume the Oracle and ceefax are part of the team doing the interviews?

Steven Pressley is not my first choice but, if chosen will make a decent fist of it.

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Did he not say at one point he had no interest in ever working in Scottish football again?

Shooter McGavin

I'd quite happily take him on the basis that he'll probably volley the majority of our players up and down the dressing room.

Did he not say at one point he had no interest in ever working in Scottish football again?

Probably changed his mind when he realised nobody wants him at the level he wanted.

To be fair, if Elvis wants to have a managerial career he needs to make the next one a success or he'll find it over pretty quick. Still don't want him though. Wouldn't even make a shortlist of the best 10 candidates.

I would take Pressley. He clearly has deep affection for the club and I think like he was as a player he would be a good fit.

His managerial record isn't as bad when you look at some of the factors he worked with at Coventry. Deducted 10 points at the start of the season and playing at Northampton yet they stayed up and almost made the play offs. The circumstances at that club made for a difficult job. If they hadn't lost Leon Clarke in the middle of the season it may have been a different story.

One thing for certain he would have the players up for it and wouldn't accept half hearted performances! He was a clear leader on the pitch so can't see him being anything other than that off it.

Shows how much the club means to him then.

Some of the short sighted comments about future managerial appointments, are ridiculous.

Any new manager is a gamble, it's rare that there's a 100% supported new man -someone always has some seethe.

SP was a fantastic fit as a player for us -much like Rudi, if he gets the job, I'm sure he'd give it his best shot.

Just before Romanov sacked him, I spoke to Elvis in the street, & even 24 hours before he got the bullet, he was still hopeful that he could patch things up and spend the rest of his career with us.

I was struck by how passionate he was about us, despite the pummelling he'd taken in the press.

He would split the support. For that alone he has to be a no.

If he comes in it will be another robbie, half happy and half doing everything to get him out.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Archived