Elvis interviewed (merged)

Never Let Them Forget

Hearts First

Aye, so we would.

:cornette:

If folk don't go to games and buy merchandise then we lose money. Quite simple really.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GJ won't like that type of talk, mate. Done deal mind...

It'd be like shooting ourselves in the foot with a bazooka.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

There is no doubt in my mind he'd be a huge success here given his drive and determination.

That's because your knowledge and understanding of how football works is woeful. Leave the decisions to the grown ups, eh?

If folk don't go to games and buy merchandise then we lose money. Quite simple really.

Do you think the entire Hearts supports opinion revolves around JKB and the like?

A few folk spitting feathers about Pressley getting appointed on here is hardly going to lead to a huge exodus in support for the club, if you think that your deluded, no offence.

People support the club regardless of the personnel, through thick and thin and have done through tougher times than this. If he's successful, people will forget any chest thumping antics pretty quickly.

Supports don't come to support the manager, they come to support the lads on the park and the club they've always supported. A few folk running their gob off about how foaming they are at the club if Pressley is appointed isn't going to change that.

That's because your knowledge and understanding of how football works is woeful. Leave the decisions to the grown ups, eh?

Aye ok pal, you crack on. Don't like it stick me on your list. :thumbsup:

Bazzas right boot

It'd be like shooting ourselves in the foot with a bazooka.

Scenes.

Oh right..all threads stay on topic, forgot that

As it goes both are shitheads

I once posted a thread about celtic and within 5 posts you had Rangers and Hibs in the pot.. that how it works.. dont like it remember its not compulsory to post

Looked like you were needlessly bigging up the vermin on a thread that had nothing to do with them. It's happening on every thread.

Just a thought but if they are just going through the employment process to satisfy EU Labour laws or whatever and McLaren is already in the bag as has been mentioned above then perhaps it would makes more sense why they gave Daly a specific number of games (i.e. a specific length of time) which seemed strange to me at the time unless Daly had already been conditionally offered it based on the 4 results, otherwise if you have no idea how long the process was going to take why not just say Daly would be taking the team for the foreseeable future? Clutching at straws?

Looked like you were needlessly bigging up the vermin on a thread that had nothing to do with them. It's happening on every thread.

Well stop reading then

F T H

FT C

Samuel Camazzola

Where did the badge kissing fiction come from? I was in the Roseburn that day and that never happened.

Also, were people really upset because as captain he chose to break tradition and kick off towards the Roseburn? I would have done the same.

Well today's the day. Is it not? Is the snake on the plane? Or was Glastonbury talking out of his hoop?

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Stephen Pressley is a fragile man. He would lose the dressing or his mind. (More than likely to be both.)

A disastrous appointment. Some peoples judge of character is way off.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Stephen Pressley is a fragile man. He would lose the dressing or his mind. (More than likely to be both.)

A disastrous appointment. Some peoples judge of character is way off.

He won't get it.

Hagar the Horrible

If Elvis was to get the job (which he wont)  He would have to do some serious grovelling to win all the fans back over, and the rhetoric better be good (burn a Celtic strip for a start).  But I would be underwhelmed, so much so other priorities would kick in and I would wait until I went back once the initial honeymoon period was over and there was a marked improvement.

However if Freedman or McClaren got the gig, then i would put Hearts back at the top of my list of priorities and give my support from the off, and give them a chance, Because the potential would be exiting, But with either Elvis or Sir Paul, it would be more hopeful expectation.

Something/somebody does need to both get me out of the pub, and hopefully off my seat at games?

Howdy Doody Jambo

Think Pressley would be a good appointment, let the celtic thong go let it go, it's frozen

Hearts First

Think Pressley would be a good appointment, let the celtic thong go let it go, it's frozen

Based on what?

He could also have a wee laugh and a joke with his former team mate Lennon. Just think, derbies would be a great laugh, they could both compare stories of epic wins at Tynecastle whilst wearing 'Ra Hoops'.

Hagar the Horrible

After he burns his old top, and kisses the Hearts badge, the new one in front of the main stand?  

Is it too much to request his pinky as an offering?  Yubitsume!!!!!

He won't get it.

Nor is McClaren getting it. Jamie Borthwick on Twitter saying he's taking a job in Israel.

Nor is McClaren getting it. Jamie Borthwick on Twitter saying he's taking a job in Israel.

:pleasing:

Hope it's Douglas Freedman, got to be.

Well, since Pressley failed to materialise yesterday, after the "done deal" with scarf above his head, then it looks like Dougie. (Could be today Elvis signs though...?)

His sales pitch last night on here was spectacular, and he'll do for me.

Can't believe GJ lied to us all.

Harsh mate. There's still time. The snake could well be on the plane... where is Glastonbury Jambo today, anyway?

He won't get it.

I thought Mrs Lafferty was to get it??? That's what I picked up on here or have I misunderstood?

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

He won't get it.

I don't think so either but I still find it worrying he was interviewed in the first place.

fraz the postie

I for one wouldn't stop going to games if our former captain got the job as head coach.

It's a short life being a pro footballer and enivitbally they end up playing against former clubs,all this badge kissing,chest thumping malarkey I see as pretty thin ,as loyalty seems a bit meh nowadays.A few grown men loosing their rag over his antics won't stop any appointments getting made if the candidates go through the interview process and impress the board.

Pressley did a lot of good during his time as captain in a very good hearts team, I just find it easier to remember the good times rather than the bad,regardless of any antics.

But hey -ho,we are all aloud an opinion.

Clerry Jambo

Again I would urge the club to think commercially, would this potential appointment have a positive or negative impact on the clubs revenues?

positive

alicante jambo

Prepared to give it until 6pm like yesterday.

Only fair I suppose, to give a respected poster the benefit.

Me too.He swore blind it was happening maybe just a wee delay.

positive

Genuinely do not think he would. He is divisive. We would lose some pledges if he got the gig, that much is inevitable. Do you think anyone would sign up to a new pledge to replace them? I seriously doubt it. I should add my pledge is for life, but be honest here.

Prepared to give it until 6pm like yesterday.

Only fair I suppose, to give a respected poster the benefit.

That is fair actually. Good shout.

Clerry Jambo

Genuinely do not think he would. He is divisive. We would lose some pledges if he got the gig, that much is inevitable. Do you think anyone would sign up to a new pledge to replace them? I seriously doubt it. I should add my pledge is for life, but be honest here.

I honestly haven't heard any "seethe" amongst Hearts fans other than on here.........

132goals1958

I cant for the life of me understand why anyone would stop their pledge over the appointment of our next manager, whether they agree or otherwise.

I honestly haven't heard any "seethe" amongst Hearts fans other than on here.........

I have. At my current work, my last job, in section B and in pre/post match boozers. Also some friends and family members.

I have. At my current work, my last job, in section B and in pre/post match boozers. Also some friends and family members.

Does old Eddie from West Calder sit near you?

Announced today according to Glastonbury Jambo.

Would you not think that if the club have openly said that AB is not available to conduct interviews this week that it would be a bit daft to announce our new Coach this week when she is not here.

Never mind him being a snake.

He's a shit manager and should be nowhere near Tynecastle.

Would you not think that if the club have openly said that AB is not available to conduct interviews this week that it would be a bit daft to announce our new Coach this week when she is not here.

Dunno mate, Glasto was quite clear about it.

Tokyo Drifter

Hard to see past Elvis now McClaren's out of the frame. Suits Levein as well - bit too much for the conspiracy theorist in me!

Does old Eddie from West Calder sit near you?

**** knows. I've changed seats for this season. I was in section B, row 12, seat 16. A brief description of those around me:

Immediately in front, a four generation family who despise Catholics. To my right a cluster of oldish guys who are a wee bit racist and prefer to boo and slaughter the team than support it. To my left, two of my mates and then a guy who spends the whole game on his phone, only looking up to shout abuse at either Buaben or Hamilton, regardless of whether he has seen the preceding incident or not.

Dunno mate, Glasto was quite clear about it.

Have to say I would be a bit underwhelmed if it's true. I would prefer Freedman.

dublin-Jambo

I can't fathom, after the comments from Budge, about hiring an experienced (one would assume decent) coach, Pressley would get the gig, his stats as a manager are pretty grim....

Archived