Elvis interviewed (merged)

Never Let Them Forget

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All roads lead to Gorgie

I just don't see anything in his managerial record that should see him appointed ahead of the others in the frame. If the other hopefuls from outside Scotland are out of our budget then I would rather we went for Hartley or Archibald. 

I don't think he would divide the support as much as suggested. A dozen posters knocking him on kickback isn't representative of the support and he would get the backing of the vast majority. You only need to look at the threads on any of the names mentioned to see the negativity that dominates this board.

There are better candidates mentioned, some who are likely to have remuneration and recruitment expectations beyond our current budget. Elvis fits the profile of what we are likely to get, and he would know exactly the expectations of the support from his own experience. Would also know John Daly very well.

Not my first pick from the potential options but he's a strong candidate and I, like the majority of others, would get behind him if appointed.

This. He's a strong character and will provide a rocket for some of our players who look like they ain't trying and also instilled belief into players shorn of confidence. There are better candidates but there will by no means be a 'huge' divide as others have suggested if Elvis gets a chance.

glastonbury jambo

What's happened to Glasto's Pressley thread?

:lol:

wait and see ... the laughs on you intellect of a fa@t.

Would be a poor appointment; I just don't think he gets Hearts.

Hahahaha there is shite spoken on this forum and there is your post!!!  

Debate his managerial abilities or otherwise but ffs........

GP28206158.jpg

_41633138_pressley203.jpg

681321792.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=3&d=77BFB

Hahahaha there is shite spoken on this forum and there is your post!!!  

Debate his managerial abilities or otherwise but ffs........

GP28206158.jpg

_41633138_pressley203.jpg

681321792.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=3&d=77BFB

Yeah... you fell for it.

Yeah... you fell for it.

Always happy to step up to the plate for one of the best Hearts Captain's in decades!  Whether he could become one of the best Hearst manager's nobody knows despite the naysayers views but they can certainly never take that away from him!

alicante jambo

wait and see ... the laughs on you intellect of a fa@t.

Just a question mate you sure this is going to happen?

Elvis Thinks he knows everything about football a bit like Levein, absolute pair of bellends

Hmmm.  Something certainly thinks they know something about something they don't, and it is a bellend.

I'll give you that.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Is it really a decade since Mowgli , monkeys, golden sticks and fax machines. I think we should remember Elvis had his contract terminated for standing up to the mad one.

It's already been mentioned he engineered a move.

Driver gets brought down for a blatant penalty.

Referee immediately gives it, and Linesman runs over to stand in his 'penalty position' on the goal line.

Fracas ensues in the box, Falkirk players booked, Pressley strolls over to the linesman for a wee chat in his ear.

Linesman then puts his flag up and tells the referee it's a corner instead of a penalty.

Referee changes his decision and gives a corner.

He was also employed by the SFA at the time, on a part time basis.

Loved Pressley as a player, me and my son in the stand that day he did the chest pump. Wife and younger son Celtic fans. Nothing to do with Celtic, you seem to have an agenda.

Agenda? How so? It's the folk that are still spewing after all this time that are more likely to have an agenda than me matey.

It's already been mentioned he engineered a move.

He was shown the door by Romanov. Celtic offered him a contract and he accepted it. Irreconcilable differences with Romanov, and at his age Romanov knew he could not get a fee for him unlike Hartley and Gordon.

weegie jambo

I voted for him on the original poll which was well before the likes of McLaren, Freeman and Boothroyd were bandied about so I would now be disappointed if he was given the gig going on the alleged CVs being handed in now. I feel he has too much baggage with some elements of the support, not a great record so far in management (even given the constraints down south) and if he is as headstrong as many say he is he may not be the man to united the dressing room.

Pressley acted like a total dick that day, and will never be welcomed back at Tynecastle by a sizeable number of Hearts fans.

That's rich.

I don't like the idea of another naive, up and coming coach using Hearts as some sort of guinea pig to reinvent the wheel. I was all up for giving Cathro the opportunity, but to try it again immediately would be crazy.

That's why Daly ? with all due respect to the man (and I'm sure he will get the/an other gig in due course) ? should be nowhere near getting the job. I'd extend that to Pressley, who enjoys professing about how things should be done, yet hasn't actually achieved anything of real note in this role before. 

Instead of the prospect of another coach who is 'committed to playing the game a particular way' (i.e. the so-called 'correct way'), I'd prefer to go watch Hearts knowing they were prepared to play the correct way, or the incorrect way, or any way, as long as it results in the fecking ball going between the opponent's posts.

If the scoreline isn't looking good, and the clock is ticking, then we don't revert/stick to the textbook that says the back 3 or 4 should focus on upping their pass-completion rates amongst themselves until they get cornered at which point the ball gets launched out of play.

It's all getting a little too textbook in some quarters: studious, well-meaning coaches over-complicating a simple game. Get the ball in the bucking net! We don't care how, in fact it's much more interesting to us fans if you surprise us once in a while with something unexpected.

I'm away to lie down.

I think it would be reasonable to say that Pressley was a great Hearts captain. He probably had his best time as a footballer while at Hearts. It was one of those situations where the 'fit' just worked. A bit like Robbo or Skacel. Up until THAT chest thump, he was probably regarded as a Hearts legend. He then made a badly judged gesture while wearing a Celtic strip. That, rightly or wrongly, is enough to have besmirched his image forever in the minds of some fans. Would they have the same ill feeling if he'd done it wearing a St Johnstone strip?

Part of me wonders if that 'fit' would re-emerge if he came back as manager. That, however, is wishful thinking, and not something we can afford to do at this time. If he gets the job, I'll back him, but I believe there are more experienced candidates on this occassion.

I think it would be reasonable to say that Pressley was a great Hearts captain. He probably had his best time as a footballer while at Hearts. It was one of those situations where the 'fit' just worked. A bit like Robbo or Skacel. Up until THAT chest thump, he was probably regarded as a Hearts legend. He then made a badly judged gesture while wearing a Celtic strip. That, rightly or wrongly, is enough to have besmirched his image forever in the minds of some fans. Would they have the same ill feeling if he'd done it wearing a St Johnstone strip?

Part of me wonders if that 'fit' would re-emerge if he came back as manager. That, however, is wishful thinking, and not something we can afford to do at this time. If he gets the job, I'll back him, but I believe there are more experienced candidates on this occassion.

To me it didn't matter the strip he was wearing, it was his whole behaviour that day. I applauded his name when it was originally read out, as I would say the majority around me did.

He was treated harshly by Romanov and he got an opportunity at the late stage of his career to go and lift a league title.

However his over zealous actions throughout the game & at the end were in my eyes disrespectful to the fans that did back him throughout and to the club that gave him the career he enjoyed.

I do agree that to done the signing for Celtic was unforgivable but I believe that is a small element.

Pairing that with his behaviour when he visited with Falkirk & his poor managerial record, I want him nowhere near my club.

Winston Ingram

To me it didn't matter the strip he was wearing, it was his whole behaviour that day. I applauded his name when it was originally read out, as I would say the majority around me did.

He was treated harshly by Romanov and he got an opportunity at the late stage of his career to go and lift a league title.

However his over zealous actions throughout the game & at the end were in my eyes disrespectful to the fans that did back him throughout and to the club that gave him the career he enjoyed.

I do agree that to done the signing for Celtic was unforgivable but I believe that is a small element.

Pairing that with his behaviour when he visited with Falkirk & his poor managerial record, I want him nowhere near my club.

Well said. 

With regards this claim that he has the job... we have only interviewed two people and it's known AB is away next week. Why on earth would the unveil a manager on Monday?

Daly will be in charge this weekend and next. 

Fair enough, bud. I'd have mixed feelings about it, but as I said above, I'd back him if he got it, though manly because you have little choice other than to back a new guy. Many of the others who have been mentioned as candidates have far better managerial pedigrees, and that's the route I'd like to think we'll take this time.

heartsfc_fan

I'd support Pressley if he was boss, but I'm not overly keen him being the one.

Would take Hartley over him anyway. And that's before even considering O'Neill or Freedman.

It was ill advised for sure. But the lengths some people have gone to be forever offended is tragic

All the "snakey" stuff is horrendous

It is truly shite patter. 

As stated on many, many posts and previous threads - that chest-thumping nonsense, whilst ill-advised at a time when things were pretty heated between the fans and the owners, was directed at one person and one person alone. There is no way on Gods maroon Earth that our Scottish Cup winning captain meant any disrespect whatsoever towards the fans. 

And I agree, he'd certainly stop any fannying about in the dressing room. 

As stated on many, many posts and previous threads - that chest-thumping nonsense, whilst ill-advised at a time when things were pretty heated between the fans and the owners, was directed at one person and one person alone. There is no way on Gods maroon Earth that our Scottish Cup winning captain meant any disrespect whatsoever towards the fans. 

Wise words from the "trotter" Laddie ;)

MacDonald Jardine

The snakey stuff is tragic.

I don't know how you can be aware of his motives but disrespect us he did, intentionally or not.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

He's a shit manager :lol: why on earth would anyone want him? He's failed everywhere he's been.

Done a press conference saying he categorically would not allow Falkirk to be relegated.... And categorically got them relegated :lol:

Thinks he's too good for Scottish football but realises he wouldn't get a job in league 2 in england so he comes slithering back to us.

No thanks you snakey piece of shit.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Not my first pick by a long shot but it would be good to have him back and feel like he's one of us again. The dynamic him and Levein had as captain and manager was great and could make us stronger again imo.

That doesn't wash nor does it make his managerial record good.

I wonder how many of the the people still frothing at the mouth about the chest thumping would have been even slightly bothered if he'd been wearing a Rangers shirt instead of a Celtic one.  I'm guessing not many.

I personally don't want him as the Hearts manager because - apart from his managerial record being crap - he seems to be trouble full stop, but the "snake" patter is for complete and utter dickheads.

Pants Shaton

This entire thread is testament to why Elvis should not be appointed.

He is divisive.

There endeth the lesson

He divides a handful of people who post on a football forum.

The same forum that overwhelmingly thought we shouldn't sack Gary Locke after the 7 goal thrashing at Tynecastle.

Thanks for your 'lesson' though doc.

glastonbury jambo

I wonder how many of the the people still frothing at the mouth about the chest thumping would have been even slightly bothered if he'd been wearing a Rangers shirt instead of a Celtic one.  I'm guessing not many.

I personally don't want him as the Hearts manager because - apart from his managerial record being crap - he seems to be trouble full stop, but the "snake" patter is for complete and utter dickheads.

is is because of the celtic shirt?

Special Agent Dale Cooper

If he is getting the job, we are 1) skint 2) clueless or 3) both.

I suspect its 1)

Elias Henry Furst

He divides a handful of people who post on a football forum.

Whereas those that attend games are almost unanimous on their opinion of the 'man'.

MacDonald Jardine

I wonder how many of the the people still frothing at the mouth about the chest thumping would have been even slightly bothered if he'd been wearing a Rangers shirt instead of a Celtic one. I'm guessing not many.

Well I would for one.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

This forum has previously voted in favour of a Pressley legend banner being displayed again at Tynecastle.

That's for all the bitter twisted brigade to chew on :)

Elias Henry Furst

If he is getting the job, we are 1) skint 2) clueless or 3) both.

Skint and not appearing to be clueless would mean Hartley getting the gig.

Clueless but being flush would mean David Moyes being approached.

Skint and Clueless points to the snake.

Elias Henry Furst

This forum has previously voted unanimously on a Pressley legend banner being displayed again at Tynecastle.

That's for all the bitter twisted brigade to chew on :)

Whereas those who attend games ripped the ****er down, burnt it and danced on it. :)

Archived