The neverending saga of Jamie Walker / no deal, he stays at Hearts (updated)

kila

I am stunned that people can't see past the money on this. Craig Levein is aware of how the unsettling players in advance game works with the Old Firm and I would be shocked if he let this happen.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ryan Jarman

If he goes, who will score our goals next season?  Especially if Isma gets injured? 

I don know, do you?

Do you think we might get someone in to replace him this window?

If so, will it be someone out of contract or would we use any fee to invest in replacing him?

Will Stockton hit the ground running?

Will Johnsen turn it all around?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

If he goes, who will score our goals next season?  Especially if Isma gets injured? 

Cole Stockton of course

They've taken Wilson, Holt and Templeton away from us in recent times. All three have made little or no impact.

If they have the best offer then sell to them and take the chance Jamie goes the same way.

At best they will have got themselves a very good SPL standard winger. We've come up against better though. At worst they will have a disinterested, moody, undisciplined, unloyal guy who will be away at the next opportunity.

Jambo 4 Ever

I don know, do you?

Do you think we might get someone in to replace him this window?

If so, will it be someone out of contract or would we use any fee to invest in replacing him?

Will Stockton hit the ground running?

Will Johnsen turn it all around?

I hope you are right about Stockton or Johnsen but it's a lot of pressure

I just think we will struggle to get top 6 if Walker goes and we don't get a decent replacement

Hairy Nugget

I get it that walker is obviously wanting away and probably pissed off with the club but the way its going with all the rangers pics being put out is in my opinion totally disrespectful to us Hearts fans .We have in general always loved him!

We shouldn't sell him to Rangers

Then we should all moan like **** at the club next year when he moves there for sod all...

I am stunned that people can't see past the money on this. Craig Levein is aware of how the unsettling players in advance game works with the Old Firm and I would be shocked if he let this happen.

As I've said, on several points, the Club need to lay down a marker on this for the future.

Under contract players can't engineer moves because it suits them and them only.

Under contract players can't have their heads turned by agents and other Clubs and expect to go when it suits.

We're under no pressure to sell to our domestic rivals.

We're under no pressure to sell any contracted player to any club unless our valuation is met.

Hearts are no longer a Club to be run roughshod over just because it's Rangers that come calling.

If we don't do this, then any player who we have signed can decide at any point they're going to down tools and piss about until they get what they want.

Those saying we should sell him down south, who would that be too?

We can only sell him there if a club wants him and he is willing to go, he can refuse and sign a pre contract in January, we are then paying a player with no interest in playing for us and who we get no money for, it is a catch 22 situation at the moment and as much as I would hate to see it happen if we were to get 750,000 paid in advance and not staged payments from along the M8 I would take it.

Then we should all moan like **** at the club next year when he moves there for sod all...

Why not do a swap for Wallace. Solve two problems at once.

Jambo 4 Ever

As I've said, on several points, the Club need to lay down a marker on this for the future.

Under contract players can't engineer moves because it suits them and them only.

Under contract players can't have their heads turned by agents and other Clubs and expect to go when it suits.

We're under no pressure to sell to our domestic rivals.

We're under no pressure to sell any contracted player to any club unless our valuation is met.

Hearts are no longer a Club to be run roughshod over just because it's Rangers that come calling.

If we don't do this, any player who we have signed can decide at any point they're going to down tools and piss about until they get what they want.

Good points!

Hopefully Levein and Budge will agree

but what if he goes there for nothing at end of season - that wouldn't be good either

All roads lead to Gorgie

I get it that walker is obviously wanting away and probably pissed off with the club but the way its going with all the rangers pics being put out is in my opinion totally disrespectful to us Hearts fans .We have in general always loved him!

He has been one of our better players since he first broke through but his performances have been inconsistent and his derby appearances have been less than impressive. He always seemed to play better against the Govan shower so you wonder if he was putting in extra effort to impress them going back some time now. For a Jambo he has let us down on a few occasions and his behaviour now means he has burnt his bridges for good. Bye bye Jamie.

They can pack their '?500k' up their newly formed hole.

Transfer him to Caley as a leaving gift to a real PHM !

I'd sell for 750k. He's no that good, and threw the towel in towards the end of the season.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Why do you post here? Ironically all you do is moan like ****.

Jambo 4 Ever

Agreed

Worse than what Pressley did imo

If Rangers offer ?1mil then we should bite their hands off.

Walker only performs in about 1 in 10 matches and has made it clear he doesnt want to be at Hearts next season.

He will just turn out to be another Holt, Black, Wilson or Templeton!

Elias Henry Furst

We stick to our guns. ?1 million.

If there are no suitors, he sits in the stand for a season. If nothing else It lets other players at the club know we don't appreciate being mucked about. Who knows, sticking to our guns this time around might make us money from another player in a year or 2.

heartsfc_fan

Sell for ?1Mil.

I'd probably take ?800,000 + O'Halloran though.

I'm happy to give ?100 to Hearts if 9,999 more want to do it? We don't have to accept a million from Rangers and we can let the snake waste in the reserves for a season.

Don't even let him play for the U20's. Bench only.

This. If he wants to play this game, make an example of him.

Why would anyone want to move there these days is beyond me... As for him moving to be with his 'football friend' Danny Wilson, I think he may be in for a shock when Rangers offload him shortly

Jean Louis Valois

Happy for him to leave, no point keeping a numpty who's desperate to go to them and has no interest in our club. Get rid and hopefully his career goes the same way as Templeton. Compared to Paterson, Walker is classless.

I am delighted that Sevco are trying to sign players like Walker. If this is the height of their ambition we have nothing to fear

?500k plus Barrie McKay and I'd consider it.

McKay has good potential, he needs to add goals to his game, he's scored less league goals in his career (14) than Jamie Walker scored all last season (15). With all the signings Rangers are making, I doubt he will get as many first team opportunities as he did last season, it would be a good move for him and if we can maximise his potential, it could be a good move for us.

A general rule is you shouldn't sell to your rivals, if we sell to Rangers, it sends out a message that we're not ambitious. In my opinion, Rangers are in the same group as Hearts, Aberdeen, St Johnstone and Hibs, all teams that should finish in the 2nd-6th positions next season. Celtic are in a league of their own, it would take something special to stop them. Rangers want to be in that group with Celtic but everyone else knows they're not even close.

I hope he moves down South but understand if he wanted to stay in Scotland, he has a young family, he might not want to move them away at this moment, Rangers are realistically the only team he would move to. Hearts would need a lot more out of the deal than ?500k, I trust the board that we will have a figure in mind and we will hold out for that figure, whether it's the ?1m quoted on an amount less than that, I don't know.

Rudolf's Mate

If he goes, who will score our goals next season? Especially if Isma gets injured?

It's probably been said but his head went down and he wasn't performing anywhere near where he should be. Keeping him and him being same or worse would be a mistake.

If we knew we were going to get a player that gave 100% then I'd be happy keeping him even if it meant losing some cash.

HeartOfWestLothian

Is there anyway we could complain about Rangers tapping Walker up before receiving permission from us because there's a lot of rumours that he's already met their manager and agreed personal terms?

the big show

I am delighted that Sevco are trying to sign players like Walker. If this is the height of their ambition we have nothing to fear

And who do you actually think we will sign that is a lot better than Walker ? i Don't wan't him to sign for Rangers either but if we are to get money and a player i would take it given the situation , However lets not kid ourselves that he has not been a very good player for us and done a lot more than plenty others in the team , 15 goals last year playing as a wing back is a decent return , celtics midfield or wing backs a side there ain't many who has come close to scoring that amount from that position in the league .. 

Winston Ingram

And who do you actually think we will sign that is a lot better than Walker ? i Don't wan't him to sign for Rangers either but if we are to get money and a player i would take it given the situation , However lets not kid ourselves that he has not been a very good player for us and done a lot more than plenty others in the team , 15 goals last year playing as a wing back is a decent return , celtics midfield or wing backs a side there ain't many who has come close to scoring that amount from that position in the league .. 

Did he?!!!

?500k plus Barrie McKay and I'd consider it.

McKay has good potential, he needs to add goals to his game, he's scored less league goals in his career (14) than Jamie Walker scored all last season (15). With all the signings Rangers are making, I doubt he will get as many first team opportunities as he did last season, it would be a good move for him and if we can maximise his potential, it could be a good move for us.

A general rule is you shouldn't sell to your rivals, if we sell to Rangers, it sends out a message that we're not ambitious. In my opinion, Rangers are in the same group as Hearts, Aberdeen, St Johnstone and Hibs, all teams that should finish in the 2nd-6th positions next season. Celtic are in a league of their own, it would take something special to stop them. Rangers want to be in that group with Celtic but everyone else knows they're not even close.

I hope he moves down South but understand if he wanted to stay in Scotland, he has a young family, he might not want to move them away at this moment, Rangers are realistically the only team he would move to. Hearts would need a lot more out of the deal than ?500k, I trust the board that we will have a figure in mind and we will hold out for that figure, whether it's the ?1m quoted on an amount less than that, I don't know.

Someone should give Warnock a call.

They have dropped interest in Hayes.

the big show

If Sevco offer a player as well its a cert to be Forrester

750K and Forrester..  i Would deal and take the 750k and Forrester a young player who could improve although he seems to have fallen out of favour with them .. Cash and a player is a no brainier for me ..

750K and Forrester..  i Would deal and take the 750k and Forrester a young player who could improve although he seems to have fallen out of favour with them .. Cash and a player is a no brainier for me ..

But would Forrester come to us? wages would be much less

rick witter

Wages would be too expensive.

Not to mention the fact he is their captain and wouldn't come to Hearts

Brave Hearts

I think 750k is about right in the circumstances.

And the Huns quote ?6m for McKay.........

the big show

But would Forrester come to us? wages would be much less

Seems to have fallen out of favour with them so i reckon there is a big chance he would . Wages probably is much less but if he is given the chance to kick start his career again with us is it a offer he could refuse .. 

the big show, on 14 Jun 2017 - 4:39 PM, said:

Seems to have fallen out of favour with them so i reckon there is a big chance he would . Wages probably is much less but if he is given the chance to kick start his career again with us is it a offer he could refuse .. 

possibly, the timing of his fall out and the offer for Walker on the same day looks more than just a coincidence

If we are going to sell to rangers (hopefully not) then its important we get a player out of the deal as I suspect the playing budget has been long agreed and the money from outgoing transfers will be used towards the stand etc. All those that are happy to sell are you really going to be happy stomaching Walker in a rangers top next year scoring goals and the inevitable Scotland call up that will follow. Down south please for 1mill plus.

possibly, the timing of his fall out and the offer for Walker on the same day looks more than just a coincidence

Forrester has barely kicked a ball for them in ages, he clearly isn't in their plans as he's shite.

The offer for Walker was a matter of time and him going there is also a matter of time.

the big show

Don't won't to get involved in coincidence plots although i agree m8   :2thumbsup:   . There is a few detectives on here LOL , however i would take that deal if it was offered 

RudiHMFC, on 14 Jun 2017 - 4:49 PM, said:

Forrester has barely kicked a ball for them in ages, he clearly isn't in their plans as he's shite.

The offer for Walker was a matter of time and him going there is also a matter of time.

I know but I meant from Sevco's point of view by maybe offering us less cash than we want plus that player

Sevco are chucking about bids if ?1m+ all over the shop but you just know they're gona come in an offer of ?300k spread over 2 years for Jamie.

500k, according to the BBC. Hearts have said No (we want ?1m).

They may not be the same Rangers, but they're certainly showing the same attitude (expecting to buy up other Scottish clubs' players for nothing). Watch the media run their 'dream move' stories now to try and force us to sell him on the cheap.

Agreed - any deal with them must be cold cash in advance.

the big show, on 14 Jun 2017 - 4:51 PM, said:

Don't won't to get involved in coincidence plots although i agree m8   :2thumbsup:   . There is a few detectives on here LOL , however i would take that deal if it was offered 

:2thumbsup:

• davemclaren locked this topic

Archived