The neverending saga of Jamie Walker / no deal, he stays at Hearts (updated)

kila

the big show

Forrester has barely kicked a ball for them in ages, he clearly isn't in their plans as he's shite.

The offer for Walker was a matter of time and him going there is also a matter of time.

IN there championship season they were touting Forrester as  A 2 million plus player and although they rate Mckay At 6 million there aint a lot between them in fact Forrester was better in there championship season . 

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know but I meant from Sevco's point of view by maybe offering us less cash than we want plus that player

I'd hope Hearts would hold out for more cash than accept one of their crap players and less money.

Dr Ian Malcolm

They know and we know they won't pay a million. Wallace aside, there's no-one (that they'd realistically allow to leave) I'd take. Meet the price or stop wasting Hearts' time.

RudiHMFC, on 14 Jun 2017 - 4:57 PM, said:

I'd hope Hearts would hold out for more cash than accept one of their crap players and less money.

yep although players can be crap at one club but better at another but who knows

We aren't getting ?1m for a player with 12 months left on his contract.

Folk need to get a grip like. :lol:

Remember that time we got over a million for a boy with less than 6 months left on his contract...

IN there championship season they were touting Forrester as  A 2 million plus player and although they rate Mckay At 6 million there aint a lot between them in fact Forrester was better in there championship season .

He played 11 games for them in the championship :lol: 2 million, 200k and you're still getting fleeced.

siegementality

?1m or bolt imo. Walker is a Snakey wee *****.

Gotta agree with the second part. Good riddance I say.

?1m or bolt imo. Walker is a Snakey wee *****.

Bang on about Walker. Clearly he has told his mates at Sevco about the new deal we offered (that he was apparently keen to sign) and they have turned his head when they revealed what they were on. Just wait till the right time to make their move.

I have no problem with players developing and maximising their earnings but he will die on the vine at Ibrox. At least snakey Pressley never made himself out as a Hearts fan, Walker is the worm that turned.

Did he?!!!

Maybe that's why we were so poor at the end of the season?!

Wing backs playing behind out centre forward!

What a slaver.

Jean Louis Valois

Walker is king snake. He's burnt his bridges so best for all for him to bolt asap

Watt-Zeefuik

?500k plus Barrie McKay and I'd consider it.

McKay has good potential, he needs to add goals to his game, he's scored less league goals in his career (14) than Jamie Walker scored all last season (15). With all the signings Rangers are making, I doubt he will get as many first team opportunities as he did last season, it would be a good move for him and if we can maximise his potential, it could be a good move for us.

A general rule is you shouldn't sell to your rivals, if we sell to Rangers, it sends out a message that we're not ambitious. In my opinion, Rangers are in the same group as Hearts, Aberdeen, St Johnstone and Hibs, all teams that should finish in the 2nd-6th positions next season. Celtic are in a league of their own, it would take something special to stop them. Rangers want to be in that group with Celtic but everyone else knows they're not even close.

I hope he moves down South but understand if he wanted to stay in Scotland, he has a young family, he might not want to move them away at this moment, Rangers are realistically the only team he would move to. Hearts would need a lot more out of the deal than ?500k, I trust the board that we will have a figure in mind and we will hold out for that figure, whether it's the ?1m quoted on an amount less than that, I don't know.

Dunno one way or the other about McKay but I fully agree with the rest of this.

?500k.  F---ing ridiculous.  We can get a year of service out of him and get ?400k at the end of the season.  That's not an opening offer, that's an insult.

?500k.  F---ing ridiculous.  We can get a year of service out of him and get ?400k at the end of the season.  That's not an opening offer, that's an insult.

We won't get a dev fee.

?1m for a player who has a year left on his contract who wants out and who the club want to sell?  No danger.  Undisclosed fee coming right up. 

No we can't. 

Watt-Zeefuik

We won't get a dev fee.

Too old then? 

At any rate, if we're going to settle for a half mil, sell him south and not to a rival. 

Too old then? 

At any rate, if we're going to settle for a half mil, sell him south and not to a rival. 

Someone needs to want to buy him

siegementality

This seems far too difficult for some people to understand.

Jocam2325, on 14 Jun 2017 - 5:27 PM, said:

MK Dons :tiny:

I'm happy to give ?100 to Hearts if 9,999 more want to do it? We don't have to accept a million from Rangers and we can let the snake waste in the reserves for a season.

Don't even let him play for the U20's. Bench only.

Yeah that'll work

the big show

He played 11 games for them in the championship :lol: 2 million, 200k and you're still getting fleeced.

My mistake . did he get injured or something ? must have been the 2014/15 season because i know he played a lot more than 11 games and personally i don't think there is much of a difference  between him and Mckay who the rate at 6 mill . The problem we have though if we don't accept some sort of deal like this and nobody else comes in for Walker then we risk losing him for nothing , i Don't think the majority would want that , however we are in a catch 22 situation so who knows ..

Too old then? 

Unfortuantely there are two parties involved and one wants to go to Rangers. We can try and get the best deal possible from them or let him piss around picking up his pay cheque until he can sign a pre contract agreement in January 2018.

I am sure the club would rather sell him down south or abroad but there does not seem to be much of a stampede for his signature at the moment.

King Of The Cat Cafe

Can't get my head around all those people who said Walker was sh1t now worried that he will go to Rangers and/or saying he is worth more than ?1m

Glamorgan Jambo

Forrester is a very limited player with what appears to be an attitude problem. Avoid.

PS what a surprise with this news. Another apparently Hearts supporting player wanting to minimise transfer income for the club in order to increase their own signing on fee.

Wonder if Sevco would have still put a bid in if Walker had signed the new deal earlier this year?

He was just at the Scotland England game with his mates though. They just so happen to all be Rangers players.

?600,000 turned down for as player in the last year of his contract......we can want ?1million but I doubt Rangers will go that high unless it includes the usual extras

I'll guess ?750,000 to ?800,000 with extras to claim the deal is worth ?1 million will be agreed....with a sell on clause to boot.

I feel this is too low in todays market but unless there is another interested party it will be hard to get what we feel he is worth........though of course there is always the possibility of a player being thrown in on top

And who do you actually think we will sign that is a lot better than Walker ? i Don't wan't him to sign for Rangers either but if we are to get money and a player i would take it given the situation , However lets not kid ourselves that he has not been a very good player for us and done a lot more than plenty others in the team , 15 goals last year playing as a wing back is a decent return , celtics midfield or wing backs a side there ain't many who has come close to scoring that amount from that position in the league ..

Walker played wing back aye? Against whom? I can't recall a single game where he played wing back.

Perhaps it was an away game as I don't go to those.

Rudolf's Mate

It's actually a shame when you think about it. From hero to zero in a matter of months.

It's actually a shame when you think about it. From hero to zero in a matter of months.

It is

File under Lee Wallace, no real ambition though he should now get a place in the Scotland squad.

Sent from my LG-K350 using Tapatalk

bauld willie

We stick to our guns. ?1 million.

If there are no suitors, he sits in the stand for a season. If nothing else It lets other players at the club know we don't appreciate being mucked about. Who knows, sticking to our guns this time around might make us money from another player in a year or 2.

Yip

This is the approach I would take.

Why not? He's under contract to us and we don't have to sell him at all if we don't want to. Yes, we might lose out on a fee altogether, but if the alternative is losing him to a direct rival for a price barely worth having...

O'Halleron is the measure. They paid 500 grand for him with less time left on his contract at St J. Walker's considerably better so 1m would be fair. 750 grand would be just about acceptable if he's determined to go there.

Yip

This is the approach I would take.

So we could try to sign Boyce for ?500,000 and Christie for ?400,000 but instead act like children to please a few fans and make them feel good.

This is also a business and I won't be happy nor will the majority of fans to see Walker hang around for another season...think what we could do with the money not what will bring you some measure of well being for a short time

I'd sell for 750k. He's no that good, and threw the towel in towards the end of the season.

?800k should do it

It's sadly life in a Scotland. Old firm very dominant. 130 years.

?800k should do it

It's sadly life in a Scotland. Old firm very dominant. 130 years.

Perhaps but Garner just left for ?750,000 so is ?1 million really too low for if not we are saying Rangers can make a profit selling a flop and bringing in Walker

Sell him to Rangers and it's a win/win for us. Money in the bank and a player who's well and truly chucked his toys out of the pram off the payroll.

No idea where his attitude has came from all of a sudden because he's been treated like a hero round these parts ever since he broke into the team as a youngster. Oh well, made his bed...

But would Forrester come to us? wages would be much less

That's a good point.. The rangers players are generally on far higher wages, making a player part of the deal difficult...

William H. Bonney

Sell him to Rangers and it's a win/win for us. Money in the bank and a player who's well and truly chucked his toys out of the pram off the payroll.

No idea where his attitude has came from all of a sudden because he's been treated like a hero round these parts ever since he broke into the team as a youngster. Oh well, made his bed...

Probably spending too much time with Jason Holt.

Nookie Bear

?600,000 turned down for as player in the last year of his contract......we can want ?1million but I doubt Rangers will go that high unless it includes the usual extras

I'll guess ?750,000 to ?800,000 with extras to claim the deal is worth ?1 million will be agreed....with a sell on clause to boot.

I feel this is too low in todays market but unless there is another interested party it will be hard to get what we feel he is worth........though of course there is always the possibility of a player being thrown in on top

There won't be another interested party because this whole farce has been engineered to ensure a move to rangers and the agent will not be taking calls from anyone else.

One one interested club means a lower fee, but that isn't a problem to the agent or player.

A shame for Hearts that is.

No sympathy for Walker it's all his own doing.

jamtartan74

Don't like criticising our players but find it hard not to considering all the shite that's been on social media with him and sevco, a fans favourite for many but he has shown a complete lack of respect to us all over the past few weeks. Was hoping all this sevco stuff was all rubbish and we were all reading too much into it but clearly not. Get rid asap, preferably not to them but if they are the only bidders and he's set on going to them then nothing we can do. Get the highest fee we can and if not then drop him completely. Disgusting behaviour from a so called hearts fan and player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• davemclaren locked this topic

Archived