The neverending saga of Jamie Walker / no deal, he stays at Hearts (updated)

kila

?1m or ?750k plus O Halloran. Failing that take the equivalent of a season ticket out his wages and give him a seat in the stand.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jamtartan74

?1m or ?750k plus O Halloran. Failing that take the equivalent of a season ticket out his wages and give him a seat in the stand.

wouldnt even give him that season ticket, means one less True Hearts fan missing out for some wee snake to sit in. Get him to feck altogether, he can go to ibrox and watch they scummy chunts instead until he gets his dream move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very sad way for Walker to end his time with us. The Huns are scum - always have been always will be. That said, we should take ?750k plus a player if they offer it. Daft to lose out if there's no other offer on the table. Shouldn't cut our nose off to spite our face.

Agreed.  But neither should we be held to ransom.

wouldnt even give him that season ticket, means one less True Hearts fan missing out for some wee snake to sit in. Get him to feck altogether, he can go to ibrox and watch they scummy chunts instead until he gets his dream move.

Good point, well made.

And who do you actually think we will sign that is a lot better than Walker ? i Don't wan't him to sign for Rangers either but if we are to get money and a player i would take it given the situation , However lets not kid ourselves that he has not been a very good player for us and done a lot more than plenty others in the team , 15 goals last year playing as a wing back is a decent return , celtics midfield or wing backs a side there ain't many who has come close to scoring that amount from that position in the league ..

I would be worried if Sevco were signing players at the Sinclair level. Walkers is good, but he is not international class.

This.

We've been very fair with players wanting to move on and a couple have maybe taken advantage of that.

What we would lose financially in this instance sitting him in the stand would be covered in the future when any players thought about playing silly buggers.

buzzbomb1958

Make the little rat wash the strips and clean the toilets for the whole of next season ,must have youngsters who'd show more effort than that little rat did for the last half of the season

I hope you are right about Stockton or Johnsen but it's a lot of pressure

I just think we will struggle to get top 6 if Walker goes and we don't get a decent replacement

You shouldnt worry MY club will be fine we will finish top 6.

Jambof3tornado

I would be worried if Sevco were signing players at the Sinclair level. Walkers is good, but he is not international class.

And never will be.

Cruyff Turn

?1million and if they don't pay it give Jamie the Osh treatment for his final year, utter cretin that he is.

I'd rather he gets to feck asap but we should drive a hard bargain in any case.

Phil Dunphy

Have completely lost any respect for Walker.  I can't help but think back to the game when he got himself sent off which meant him missing the next game... ...against Rangers.  I thought at the time that it was all a bit of a conspiracy theory that he did it deliberately, but you have to wonder, now.  Add that to the various pictures and him moping about the park with his head down like a spoilt wee brat towards the end of the season.

No Hearts man lucky enough to play for their club would treat the club and the fans like this.  He's allowed this move to be engineered knowing full well what he wanted out of it.  It's a difficult one for the club, because if he's hell bent on going to the huns, then the emergence of a rival bid from elsewhere probably won't matter.  But the club need to send a message to the fans, and to up and coming other young players, that we're not here to be screwed over by that bunch of shite.

If Pressley's a snake, this boy's a bona fide anaconda.

What a lot of absolute shite.

Phil Dunphy

It's sad to see so many folk buy into the myth that Jamie wants to leave on a free. Or that he's hell bent on going to Rangers.

Still, he's a snake and that.

:cornette:

the big show

yet we had plenty on here saying it was a disgrace he was not in the Scotland set up the same time CP was . i'm more worried who we are going to replace him with bearing in mind Cp is away as well , can we get 2 players in that will give that return in goals ? i have my doubts unless they get the 1 mill cash to spend on better quality players ..

It's sad to see so many folk buy into the myth that Jamie wants to leave on a free. Or that he's hell bent on going to Rangers.

Still, he's a snake and that.

:cornette:

The club stated that Jamie would prefer to see out his contract and leave thereafter.

Are you suggesting the club are not being entirely honest with the support?

Brave Hearts

BBC saying he wants to run out the last year of his contract

If he does then he shouldn't be running out of the tunnel in a Maroon shirt...........consign him to sit in our new main stand all season.

Didn't try a leg since January so what will his commitment, dedication and effort be like as he just meanders through to the end of the season

sairyinthat

He's for sale so sell him.lot of talk about Rangers do folks really think no other teams will be interested in getting Walker.When interestrd he is a proven quality player and a lot of clubs in a lot of leagues(not in Scotland) will be in like a rat up a drainpipe.

I'm not too fussed about Walker departing, only Robbo and Rudi have been irreplaceable in my time, but moving to that vile club is a huge mistake.

Rangers are a basket case with years of failure ahead. They're miles behind Celtic, pretty much the same distance we all are, and I just don't see, ? apart, how it's going to advance his career.

Any player his age, with ambition, should head south or abroad.

Still, if Rangers pay roughly what HMFC want, it's not our problem, I suppose.

Btw, keenly aware that Hearts will also find success hard to come by in the years ahead but it was ever thus.

The club stated that Jamie would prefer to see out his contract and leave thereafter.

The club actually interpreted his refusal to sign a new deal as him preferring to see out his current deal, not Walker stating that to them.

Phil Dunphy

Yes. 100% the club are trying to start a bidding war by publicly saying they have to sell now.

Sell him now. He's burnt his bridges. He's clearly not the sharpest tool in the box it seems. Zero class.

Yep, his behaviour recently has been an absolute disgrace considering he's supposed to be a Hearts man.

It's not even that he's going to win trophies as the huns will be winning feck all any time soon. Christ, they even managed to lose a Scottish Cup final against a team who shat their frillies in that competition for over 100 years. It's all about the ????????????s.

His grandfaither will be spinning in his grave.

Impossible to disagree with any of this. The whole situation is pretty sad.

I can't keep up. So Walker is a snake now?

Along with Nicholson, Paterson, Templeton, Webster, Gordon and Pressley. . am I missing anyone??

Phil Dunphy

It's a shame the club have decided to try and turn the fans on one of their players in such a public fashion.

It's all a bit classless. 

Back to 2005

It's a shame the club have decided to try and turn the fans on one of their players in such a public fashion.

It's not the club that are acting like a cheap Govan tart.

Yes. 100% the club are trying to start a bidding war by publicly saying they have to sell now.

And so they should. He obviously wants away. We support Hearts not individual players.

Diadora Van Basten

It is indeed unfortunately Rangers tactics appear to turn a players head then try and get him on the cheap.

Very annoying.

upgotheheads

Jamie's a good player, worth a ?million + imo.

His development fee will be around 400k so we should just hold on to him.

The Huns don't have a million anyway so they'll just have to wait. In the meantime Jamie might find himself dropping down the pecking order.

Good luck to him.

Phil Dunphy

It's not the club that are acting like a cheap Govan tart.

And how is he doing that?

And so they should. He obviously wants away. We support Hearts not individual players.

He never wanted to leave, he was more than happy to discuss a new deal with the club but they offered him peanuts, despite what the club said about making him the highest earner.

The club and the player couldn't agree terms, but Hearts have done a great job of making this seem like he's trying to manufacture a move to Govan.

kingantti1874

Eh.. To summarise. Hearts offer to make him highest paid player at club, Walker accepts, huns tap up Walker, Walker makes it clear he wants to run his contract down and go to the huns for free.. And in your opinion hearts have turned the fans against him..

He never wanted to leave, he was more than happy to discuss a new deal with the club but they offered him peanuts, despite what the club said about making him the highest earner.

The club and the player couldn't agree terms, but Hearts have done a great job of making this seem like he's trying to manufacture a move to Govan.

So your saying Hearts have lied throughout the whole episode?

Are you saying the club lied in an official statement?

Didn't see Hearts posting pictures of him on social media surrounded by Rangers players did you?

Cruyff Turn

Only classless thing in this situation is Jamie Walker shoving his tongue up Sevco's arse while contracted to Hearts.

kingantti1874

So he's not trying to manufacture a move to Govan?

but they DID agree, then turned round and said he changed his mind 

News just out

Ian Cathro that he is expecting winger Jamie Walker to work hard amid speculation of a move to Rangers.

Walker, 23, has spent his entire career with Hearts having come up through the ranks with the Edinburgh club, becoming a key player at Tynecastle.

Hearts manager Ian Cathro has told The Scottish Sun that he is expecting Walker to focus and work hard despite the speculation surrounding his future, claiming it's a 'simple situation' given that rumours are natural or many players, and he wants Walker to maintain a strong attitude as he seeks a move away.

?I look at it really simply: Jamie is one of my players,? said Cathro. ?He has great talent, a lot of potential and is someone who can be influential. He needs to come to work and be ready to fight, progress, grow, push himself and improve himself. It?s also my responsibility to help him develop and we?ll do that together.?

?We aren?t going to be obsessed in the business side of things. We want to be obsessed with performance. These things will always be going on in the background in one way or another. The most important thing is the attitude of everyone to concentrate on the performance of the team. This kind of story exists constantly with different players so it?s a simple situation for me,? he added.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/06/14/ian-cathro-urges-jamie-walker-to-focus-and-work-hard-amid-failed/

Phil Dunphy

Only classless thing in this situation is Jamie Walker shoving his tongue up Sevco's arse while contracted to Hearts.

Are you saying the club lied in an official statement?

Didn't see Hearts posting pictures of him on social media surrounded by Rangers players did you?

The story is actually that Jason Holt and Jamie are still friends, as people tend to do when they move jobs, and were off to the Scotland game together at the weekend. Jason was asked to take along two of the new boys to show them Hampden and the Scottish football culture.

Sorry if you thought it was some kind of official Rangers outing or something.

So your saying Hearts have lied throughout the whole episode?

I'm saying they're not being 100% honest.

Phil Dunphy

but they DID agree, then turned round and said he changed his mind 

Who? The player or the club?

jamtartan74

lol nice one, think I will believe what the club has said rather than what a random on the internet comes out with. Why would the club state otherwise? We won't make the mistake that we have with cp and sn this time round, at least they have not touted themselves for a move to another club so openly. Bash on though.

airdriejambo3

lets get shot of the cancerous elements in the squad and get some players who see our club as the opportunity that it is and that are excited to play for a club of our stature. If he doesn't want to play for us there is 100's who would be more than willing to at very least give 100% commitment every week. I'll take a committed O'Halloran over a lazy disinterested Walker. We all know that we are a selling club but a few players that see Hearts as the highlight of their career wouldn't go a miss,

Geoff Kilpatrick

More pertinently, what would be good to know (and what we won't be told) is how imperative a Walker sale is to the rebuilding of the team. If a ?500k sale allowed us to bring in a striker, central midfielder and right back, I'd do it immediately. If not, I'd hold out for double that.

The story is actually that Jason Holt and Jamie are still friends, as people tend to do when they move jobs, and were off to the Scotland game together at the weekend. Jason was asked to take along two of the new boys to show them Hampden and the Scottish football culture.

Sorry if you thought it was some kind of official Rangers outing or something.

I'm saying they're not being 100% honest.

Did the club put an offer to him that would have made him the highest paid player at the club? Yes or No?

alwaysthereinspirit

He "will" be soon. That's a given.

GorgieRules22

Jamie Walker has handled himself shockingly in the whole situation, let the fans down and the club he supposedly supports. The club have gave him a chance, a platform to earn a good living and he's shoved his fingers up to them.

Let's take 750k and tell him never to set foot in Tynecastle again.

Phil Dunphy

lol nice one, think I will believe what the club has said rather than what a random on the internet comes out with. Why would the club state otherwise? We won't make the mistake that we have with cp and sn this time round, at least they have not touted themselves for a move to another club so openly. Bash on though.

Frankly, I don't care if you believe me or not. I'm just reporting what I've been told and how it differs from what Hearts have said.

If you choose to believe them, then you bash on chum.

It's jamies dad again............he's found his voice once more

Phil Dunphy

Jamie Walker has handled himself shockingly in the whole situation, let the fans down and the club he supposedly supports. The club have gave him a chance, a platform to earn a good living and he's shoved his fingers up to them.

Let's take 750k and tell him never to set foot in Tynecastle again.

By doing what, exactly?

Phil Dunphy

It's jamies dad again............he's found his voice once more

Aye, good one.

Shouldn't you be posting about Divock Origi or something?

jamtartan74

Frankly, I don't care if you believe me or not. I'm just reporting what I've been told and how it differs from what Hearts have said.

If you choose to believe them, then you bash on chum.

thanks bud, just look at all the stuff on social media/here, it's clear to see he wants to move on. Didn't he put up on instagram himself before the season had ended something like time for a change? Now I don't do social media so the info I get is on here, I know this place can be full of shit but the picture evidence and whatever is pretty damning, don't u agree?

alwaysthereinspirit

The club actually interpreted his refusal to sign a new deal as him preferring to see out his current deal, not Walker stating that to them.

Could him changing his mind on signing be construed as anything else by Hearts?

We shouldn't sell him to Rangers

Then we should all moan like **** at the club next year when he moves there for sod all...

?0.5m and McKay and O'Halloran would be fine with me.

• davemclaren locked this topic

Archived