The neverending saga of Jamie Walker / no deal, he stays at Hearts (updated)

kila

I really like Jamie & I think most of us do. 

He has the talent no doubt and when he was playing well during the first half of the season he was scoring regularly. Not sure what happened since December but it seemed that most players in our team were not motivated.

It does hurt when we see photos of JW at Ibrox or standing with rangers players. He's also refused our contract extension which (according to the club) would make him our highest paid player.

And when you are hurting it seems easy to lash out and be heavily critical but if (probably when) he goes, he will go with my best wishes (even if he does go to THEM).

He's been a great servant to our club and a fans favourite for years.

Unless he'splaying against us then he can go and fling Sh1te at himself!

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Unknown user

The fact he's photographed with an ex team mate and a couple of said ex team mate's colleagues is pretty uninteresting to me.

I agree, but it's the close season and people like to get angry in the close season

I really like Jamie & I think most of us do. 

He has the talent no doubt and when he was playing well during the first half of the season he was scoring regularly. Not sure what happened since December but it seemed that most players in our team were not motivated.

It does hurt when we see photos of JW at Ibrox or standing with rangers players. He's also refused our contract extension which (according to the club) would make him our highest paid player.

And when you are hurting it seems easy to lash out and be heavily critical but if (probably when) he goes, he will go with my best wishes (even if he does go to THEM).

He's been a great servant to our club and a fans favourite for years.

Unless he'splaying against us then he can go and fling Sh1te at himself!

Pretty much my thoughts now as well.

I'd much prefer he goes anywhere else other than Sevco. I hate when players leave us for either of the bigot sisters, but that's football and it's been this way in Scotland all my life and will probably never change. 

As for the photos crap he's probably sitting pishing himself laughing at the mugs that are losing their shit over it. (Great troll) Wonder how many Sevco fans threatened to lynch McCoist when he was Dressed up as Hearty Harry the day we were playing the vermin. 

Patterson is good enough to prove himself down south - he's at the perfect age to go so has chosen to do so.

Nicholson hasn't proved himself to be worth a huge pay rise so hasn't got one and wants to earn more money elsewhere.

Walker appears to have the chance at a bigger club and we get the chance to earn some cash.

All these players have been in and around.m the first team for 4 to 5 years and are talented enough players. Each player extended their contract with us once in the first team

How many clubs at our level get these types of guys to stay on another 3 years or so?

Which clubs at Hearts sort of level have players that stay from the start of their first team career for 7 years and how good are those players?

It all adds up to me perfectly simple.

And the sum is 2 + 2 = 4 (I.e. Primary one arithmatic)

Agreed with one pedantic exception  :tiny:

Captain Canada

We need his situation resolved ASAP so everyone knows where they stand. Otherwise it could rumble on into the start of next season.

I'm not really on anyone's side until we know exactly what has happened in all this. Of course we may never know the full details.

As for going to games with mates or whatever, so bloody what. I have very good friends that follow Rangers and Celtic should I stop being friends with them now? One of my good mates actually played and played in a Scottish cup final, he's a massive Jambo never played for us tho, he has same mates as me, Celtic, Rangers in fact his best man is a Rangers season ticket holder.

People losing their shit cause JW is friends with ex Hearts players. Guarantee there's a few on here would t be foaming as much if he was mates with Celtic players.

The guys allowed a bloody life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whatever the quicker he is moved on the better.

He has burnt his bridges with the vast majority of the Hearts support. Most of whom are not as Sevco tolerant as yourself.

Whatever the quicker he is moved on the better.

He has burnt his bridges with the vast majority of the Hearts support. Most of whom are not as Sevco tolerant as yourself.

I'm tolerant in the sense I understand Scottish football and how players work. That doesn't mean i tolerate Sevco or their bigot sisters on the other side of the city. 

Maybe it's because I'm getting older that it doesn't infuriate me as much as it once would have. Believe me I get the hurt and anger by some, but when you've seen it all your life, there then comes a time to be a little more philosophical about these things.

Gigolo-Aunt

The fact he's photographed with an ex team mate and a couple of said ex team mate's colleagues is pretty uninteresting to me.

Yup.

Siphiwe Tshabalala

That photo is very disrespectful while under contract, given the current situation surrounding his future.

Either not very well thought through by Jamie or just completely not arsed about Hearts anymore.

Shame either way.

Thought Police

And people still think Levein is the villain in all this.

Walker is a w*****r, and if we get over one million for him, Levein is a genius.

"Hi Jamie, we still on for the Scotland match mate?  I'm bringing along two new teammates at Hunville"

Three choices

"Sorry Jason, after all the shit that's been going down over the last couple of weeks I need to lay a bit low, not be seen out with new sevco players"

"Sure no problem, I'll meet you in the ground if you are going with your new team mates, it's not going to look to respectful to Hearts after whats happened"

"Aye, **** it no problem, I want to leave Hearts anyway so who cares" 

And people still think Levein is the villain in all this.

Walker is a w*****r, and if we get over one million for him, Levein is a genius.

Kind of where I am. But I think a more plausible scenario is JW sittin in our shiny new stand before signing a pre contract in Jan.

Is he willing to write a season off to get his 'dream' move?

I sincerely hope Hearts play hard ball here. **** Rangers and **** anyone tryin to do us over to get a move to Rangers.

Jambo 4 Ever

That photo is very disrespectful while under contract, given the current situation surrounding his future.

Either not very well thought through by Jamie or just completely not arsed about Hearts anymore.

Shame either way.

This

It's going to be a real kicker for Jamie Walker when Rangers have no interest in signing him. 

It's pretty reasonable to think he's friends with Holt and in turn Holt has taken along two of his new team mates to the game.

However, it is a bit daft of Jamie to get in the photograph as if it's just a lads day out. People, as we are witnessing on jkb, won't take it that way.

He either doesn't give a feck for various reasons discussed about his future or is still acting like a rubberheided, naive 16 year old!... I'd expect the latter from someone like Jason Cummings though!

fabienleclerq

Either it's an ill advised photo opportunity and he has been quite naive or he knew exactly the reaction it would get.

I'd assume it was the former but either way it doesn't reflect on him very well in my book.

It's pretty reasonable to think he's friends with Holt and in turn Holt has taken along two of his new team mates to the game.

However, it is a bit daft of Jamie to get in the photograph as if it's just a lads day out. People, as we are witnessing on jkb, won't take it that way.

He either doesn't give a feck for various reasons discussed about his future or is still acting like a rubberheided, naive 16 year old!... I'd expect the latter from someone like Jason Cummings though!

Or Scott Allan - when he was trying to work his ticket to ibrox. Huns have a past at doing this kind of stuff.

Would be happy to never see him in a Hearts top again. Zero respect for the club that has nurtured him since he was a youngster.

Hope his career is as average as his last 4 months at Tynecastle. Wank.

At least Jason Cummings recognize the help his club had given him in getting his big break in football by signing a new contract which protected the interests of both club and player.

Jamie Walker has acted disgracefully by disrespecting both Hearts and their fans.

This will not be forgotten and he better hope the management don't select him for the LC games if he is still here.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

What a drama! Personally don't think he will be at Ibrox, not in the next 2 months, not sure they actually even want him to be honest. Or if he would get a game.

Relax, he's not in the gang anymore, forget about him.

After all that has gone on in social media Jamie Walker has been very naive once again, he seriously cannot be this stupid, and in my opinion knows what he is doing here. Whoever is advising him, be it an agent or family member needs to realise that this is doing him no good whatsoever. If indeed an offer from the club that plays football in Govan, we need to ensure that it is monies up front and not on the never never.

Theres an old saying " footballers brains are all in their feet"

I know Jamie's Dad and his big brother fairly well and can tell you that they are massive Jambos. I dont really know Jamie at all but I always assumed he was a Jambo considering all his family are massive Hearts supporters.

I have always just laughed at people on here stating that he is a Rangers supporter however it is very strange seeing him posing for pictures with Rangers scarfs on.

Walker has talent but in my opinion he is overated and is what I would class as a luxury player. If he has played his last game in a Hearts jersey then so be it.

loveofthegame

Everyone knows Jamie's brains are in his feet. It's pretty daft of him if you really look into it and overthink it but it may well be as innocent as he's always been going to the game with holt, a mate of his since childhood through hearts, perhaps holt even sorted him tix, but holt was asked to take the new boys along to give them something to do/help bed them in. Which is entirely plausible. Holt tells JW he's bringing along the new boys- what is JW meant to do... he's then asked for a photo by a fan outside the ground... again what is he meant to do...

Or it might be incredibly sinister and a huge setup photo opp by his agent.

The former seems more likely than the latter, but why let that get in the way of a good kickback rant/pant-wetting.

Clark Griswold

To play Devil's Advocate here, didn't him an Holt not come thru the academy together? Maybe Holt had 5x tickets for the game, Jamie and the mate were already signed up to going and Jason wanted to take his new team mates along?

Still, its a bit silly getting a pic with them, as he should know ppl are going to see it.

In any case minimum he's still at us for a few more days, maximum he's here til next summer. We don't need players who dont wanna be here. Bye Jamie.

Walter Bishop

Anyone saying this photo is "nothing" is deluded. Jamie knows exactly what he is doing here, of course he does. 

He wants to play for Rangers, its very clear. Let him go for a decent fee upfront (no payment plan) and give us Foderingham and Barrie Mckay in return.  :2thumbsup:

Some of these theories may be true or partially true, but he has been very disrespectful to the fans.

Sexton Hardcastle

Huge whiff of the classic Ashley Cole Roma picture with that.

Looks like a little hanger on who doesn't quite fit in.

To play Devil's Advocate here, didn't him an Holt not come thru the academy together? Maybe Holt had 5x tickets for the game, Jamie and the mate were already signed up to going and Jason wanted to take his new team mates along?

Still, its a bit silly getting a pic with them, as he should know ppl are going to see it.

In any case minimum he's still at us for a few more days, maximum he's here til next summer. We don't need players who dont wanna be here. Bye Jamie.

See my options, he could have went for number 2. 

First, it's entirely up to JW who he hangs out with and what he does in his time off.  I don't think anyone will disagree with that.

However, he must be incredibly thick - possibly even a three-short-planker (not rhyming slang, btw) - if he thinks that being photographed with three Rangers players won't cause a bit of a stir, especially after everything that has preceded it.  It comes over as a bit disrespectful, a bit disloyal (no pun intended there, either), and even a bit desperate in the way he seems to be pimping himself in pursuit of the Ibrox coin.

Everyone knows Jamie's brains are in his feet. It's pretty daft of him if you really look into it and overthink it but it may well be as innocent as he's always been going to the game with holt, a mate of his since childhood through hearts, perhaps holt even sorted him tix, but holt was asked to take the new boys along to give them something to do/help bed them in. Which is entirely plausible. Holt tells JW he's bringing along the new boys- what is JW meant to do... he's then asked for a photo by a fan outside the ground... again what is he meant to do...

Or it might be incredibly sinister and a huge setup photo opp by his agent.

The former seems more likely than the latter, but why let that get in the way of a good kickback rant/pant-wetting.

He's asked for a photo and what's he meant to do? How about say naw?

He's asked for a photo and what's he meant to do? How about say naw?

Exactly, in circumstances like this of course you politely say no, he's incredibly stupid if he was unable to understand how this would be contrived by the MSM

Agents are at work here 100%

I know Jamie's Dad and his big brother fairly well and can tell you that they are massive Jambos. I dont really know Jamie at all but I always assumed he was a Jambo considering all his family are massive Hearts supporters.

I have always just laughed at people on here stating that he is a Rangers supporter however it is very strange seeing him posing for pictures with Rangers scarfs on.

Walker has talent but in my opinion he is overated and is what I would class as a luxury player. If he has played his last game in a Hearts jersey then so be it.

I don't doubt the credentials of his family, and I'm sure deep down they want to think of him as the proper hearts supporting public face of the club.

I don't even doubt he claims himself to be a Hearts supporter and probably has done throughout his life. But I also don't think he's quite as 'Hearts' as some would like to believe.

I'd probably liken this to when Andy Murray claims to be a Hibs supporter though....... the reality of the situation is that professional sportsmen are far too busy and have too many other priorities to be able to be supporters in the sense we can relate to ourselves.

Neilson's Shank

Man goes to football match with ex work colleague who brings also brings along some other guys that he now works with. Hardly a plot line for a Mulder and Scully episode.

bauld willie

He's pish anyway!

No he's not.

Football is about goals and he scored quite a few. Player of the year.

Rudolf's Mate

No he's not.

Football is about goals and he scored quite a few. Player of the year.

I've done it again. I thought this was thread about Sam :facepalm:

Twice I've done that now [emoji23]

He knows what he's doing. Could have offered to swap with the fan so the fan gets in the picture.

Watching him pimp himself is embarrassing and cringey in equal measure. Should ask himself where he's going after the Huns turn him into moh 2.0. He's not 'Rangers' standard and when they get out of the hole they are in they will go back to buying foreign. If he keeps this disrespect of the club up I'd question if he'd be welcomed back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Theres an old saying " footballers brains are all in their feet"

I remember a story I heard re the Late Eddie Turnbull when he was h++s manager.

H reputedly said to Alan Gordon (also sadly no longer with us.)

'' The trouble with you son, is all your brains are in your head !''

kingantti1874

First, it's entirely up to JW who he hangs out with and what he does in his time off. I don't think anyone will disagree with that.

However, he must be incredibly thick - possibly even a three-short-planker (not rhyming slang, btw) - if he thinks that being photographed with three Rangers players won't cause a bit of a stir, especially after everything that has preceded it. It comes over as a bit disrespectful, a bit disloyal (no pun intended there, either), and even a bit desperate in the way he seems to be pimping himself in pursuit of the Ibrox coin.

Beat me to it.. Simply not that clever

I've done it again. I thought this was thread about Sam :facepalm:

Twice I've done that now [emoji23]

I did the same when I read BW's reply. Was sitting thinking SN wasn't anywhere near player of the year!

the big show

Man goes to football match with ex work colleague who brings also brings along some other guys that he now works with. Hardly a plot line for a Mulder and Scully episode.

Spot on .. ffs A seen our our DOF down at Haydock on Saturday doing his absolute plums in shall we call in Sherlock and associates to find out what the script was or were he was getting all the loot ..  ffs we are trying to dictate who our players are aloud to talk to and associate with now .. jeez oh ..  FFS he Jamie had his photo taken with Ronaldos agent last week at the champ league final and with sir alex , would that mean he is trying to manoeuvre a move to man utd ..  :uhoh2:

I'm sorry but with the players that rangers are signing just now he would be mad to go to them. Unless of course he's happy picking up a wage for being a benchwarmer

Jambo 4 Ever

Spot on .. ffs A seen our our DOF down at Haydock on Saturday doing his absolute plums in shall we call in Sherlock and associates to find out what the script was or were he was getting all the loot ..  ffs we are trying to dictate who our players are aloud to talk to and associate with now .. jeez oh ..  FFS he Jamie had his photo taken with Ronaldos agent last week at the champ league final and with sir alex , would that mean he is trying to manoeuvre a move to man utd ..  :uhoh2:

Disagree

He should have not had a photo posted with them imo

Siphiwe Tshabalala

Spot on .. ffs A seen our our DOF down at Haydock on Saturday doing his absolute plums in shall we call in Sherlock and associates to find out what the script was or were he was getting all the loot .. ffs we are trying to dictate who our players are aloud to talk to and associate with now .. jeez oh .. FFS he Jamie had his photo taken with Ronaldos agent last week at the champ league final and with sir alex , would that mean he is trying to manoeuvre a move to man utd .. :uhoh2:

Off topic, where did you see him about at Haydock? I was there also and heard a few younger Scottish lads inside watching the start of the Scotland match.

bajthejambo

Walker wanted sent off against Aberdeen. It was clear as day. With the rest of the evidence, I think it's clear what his intentions are.

the big show

Off topic, where did you see him about at Haydock? I was there also and heard a few younger Scottish lads inside watching the start of the Scotland match.

Premier enclosure , Scottish lads were in the county enclosure as well ..

Siphiwe Tshabalala

Premier enclosure , Scottish lads were in the county enclosure as well ..

Ah I see, you weren't one of them were you? :laugh:

Small world if so.

Watt-Zeefuik

Oh FFS.  How is this hard to figure out?

It's not like he's there with three dyed-in-the-wool huns.  He's there with Jason Holt, Hearts academy product who came through at the same time Jamie did.

And two new Rangers signings, who have barely spent any time at Ibrox.

Maybe, just f---ing maybe, Holt got a hold of four passes to the match and invited his old friend Jamie along with the two new signings to give them a feel of Hampden.

JFC people. If this were a molehill Europe would have a new highest peak after JKB got done with it.

• davemclaren locked this topic

Archived