The neverending saga of Jamie Walker / no deal, he stays at Hearts (updated)

kila

Gutted he is still here to be honest.

The fact of the matter is, whether people want to believe it or not.

Jamie thought he was bigger than our club. Nobody is bigger than HMFC.

His attitude and application has been truly abysmal, very unprofessional.

I hope he is knowhere near the park soon for what he has done.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jamie Walker through his agent have made a pig's ear of this situation.

Jamie has to ask himself two questions. Am I a professional footballer? Do I want to playe football in Scotland's top league? If the answer is an unwavering yes to both questions is a yes.

Then he knuckles down at Hearts. Don't forget we are still paying him a wage.

The ball is firmly at his feet. It's up to him to run with it.

If he does he will be forgiven as there is not many, if any as fickle or hypocritical as the football supporter.

At least there was no attempt to justify abuse of his family there, John.

The two parties most at fault here are Rangers and his agent: they is where the anger should be directed. It also came at a time when we were a complete mess on the pitch, which would have angered and frustrated Jamie far more than it did others.

O'Halloran keeps playing well for St Johnstone....we offer Rangers a straight swap for Walker in January?

I'd absolutely do this deal.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

I think im in this boat. He has been nothing short of garbage since turning down his previous contract offer. Make him another offer with a release clause ?750k-?1m with a sell on %. If he doesnt sign then make a stand, someone shoukd contact paul ritchie to advise him how a career can go to ruin

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

He could ask Allan Johnson as well. He might find himself competing with expensive signings at Ibrox in front of fans who still see themselves as ra peeple, warming the bench before being dumped into the lower leagues in England.

Or he could extend his contract at Hearts, the club who stood by him through extended injury and developed him into the player he is now.

He might also look at the experiences of David Templeton and Ryan McGowan. One took the bait and is more or less out of the game now as far as I can see, the other is still plying his trade round the world for good money for good money.

ah.......inside the mind of Jamie walker, I wish I had this ability. the fact is, jamies said nothing, he was at a rangers game with a former team mate, some of his family have been stirring the shit supposedly and the weegie media have been  their usual selves

Jamie himself hasn't made any of the ridiculous things attributed to him on here, but what the hell, where's ma pitchfork

It will be interesting to see if he is anywhere near the team now tht Cl is in charge.

If he is and doesn't show the proper application then I can't imagine that he will play much for us again.

ah.......inside the mind of Jamie walker, I wish I had this ability. the fact is, jamies said nothing, he was at a rangers game with a former team mate, some of his family have been stirring the shit.

Jamie himself hasn't made any of the ridiculous things attributed to him on here, but what the hell, where's ma pitchfork

I think he said a 1000 words when turning down contract to become the highest paid player. 

ah.......inside the mind of Jamie walker, I wish I had this ability. the fact is, jamies said nothing, he was at a rangers game with a former team mate, some of his family have been stirring the shit.

This. A few Instagram likes tell all, apparently.... But ignore other "likes"/posts which dont fit the agenda, of course.

And also when he never put in a single bit of effort after February last season.. 

This. A few Instagram likes tell all, apparently.... But ignore other "likes"/posts which dont fit the agenda, of course.

What so you dont believe the club offered him a contract to become highest paid player and the fact he hasnt put a single bif application since??

I think you just use all this BS about him liking posts and such to fit your agenda.

Look at the facts, take your blinkers off. 

Jamie Walker does not give a **** about our club anymore. 

Phil D. Corners

Walker had played an absolute sh!temare trying to get his transfer through.

He's frustrated Hearts and Rangers owe him nothing.

I hope he gets a few stellar performances in before we get back to Tyne for his own sake.

I'd absolutely do this deal.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

O'Halloran might want to have a say about that, he seems perfectly happy in Perth.

What so you dont believe the club offered him a contract to become highest paid player and the fact he hasnt put a single bif application since??

I think you just use all this BS about him liking posts and such to fit your agenda.

Look at the facts, take your blinkers off.

Jamie Walker does not give a **** about our club anymore.

I dont think the contract offer was as simple as that. Was the "highest paid player" part taking in to account the length of contract? Including bonuses? What stopped Jamie signing it?

The Instagram likes are used by others to kick him. Not by me.

Apart from Cowie, which player did you see putting in total 100% commitment? Jamie is a creative player and so when not playing well it can appear like he isnt trying, just as it does with all creative players.

Ach well, we still have a very good player on our hands but it'll come down to CL as to where this leads.

I don't have a clue what their relationship is like and how that will influence CLs decision either way?

Again, while the vibe feels like Walker pushed for a move to the Zombies I think 99.999 % of us don't know the exact ins and outs.

Some fans will have their nose put out of joint but I'd rather he got his head in the right place and contributed to a successful season.

We can't not play players who are not signing new contracts. We have to take each case on its merits and assess whether Walker deserves a game or not.

Craig has to sit down with him and sort things out one way or the other it its the other he plays and trains with the under 20 squad simple.

Positives. Walker never handed in a transfer request. Walker on his day is our best player. New set up at the club, better atmosphere potentially, could help settle him back down.

Negatives. The amount of hearts fans desperate for Rangers to be the old Rangers. The desperation for us to do business with them was sickening. Stockholm syndrome.

I don't think you understand Stockholm syndrome

I think he said a 1000 words when turning down contract to become the highest paid player. 

ah.....another one with the gift of being inside somebody else's mind, can you quote any of these words

The Treasurer

I also don't think we should "punish" Walker over this.

It would be nice to have him playing again

He has been an idiot

He now needs to knuckle down and play for his employers

Perhaps Levein or Budge should go round and speak to his family- and I mean that.

We want him to stay and play, and be happy

Fergie used to do that- make his wife feel that Hearts are his best option and I bet you he comes round- he could be another Stevo

It's not a case o him being "punished".

The club will treat him like every other player in the squad, namely he has to earn his place in the team.

At his best he is an automatic first choice, however just now he is nowhere near earning a place even in the squad.

Rudolf's Mate

The two parties most at fault here are Rangers and his agent: they is where the anger should be directed. It also came at a time when we were a complete mess on the pitch, which would have angered and frustrated Jamie far more than it did others.

All sides have made an erse of this tbf. Jamie didn't help matters with some of the stuff on social media. Regardless, when he took to the pitch did those having paid small fortunes to watch their beloved team through thick n thin boo Jamie? Nut he still got the backing! Now it would be good to see that backing returned by the player.

I dont think the contract offer was as simple as that. Was the "highest paid player" part taking in to account the length of contract? Including bonuses? What stopped Jamie signing it?

Apart from Cowie, which player did you see putting in total 100% commitment? Jamie is a creative player and so when not playing well it can appear like he isnt trying, just as it does with all creative players.

I believe the club when they say Jamie was offered a deal to become highest paid player. No reason to lie, 

I don't have a clue about the Instagram comments, so cant comment. and that doesn't really interest me tbh.

Yes you are correct about cowie being the only player putting effort in but lets be honest, If jamie is a hearts fan who loves the club, he would be putting 100% in everytime. simply not the case.

He put more effort in to a friendly at tynie that pedro was watching than he did since February! 

Creative player is a misnomer

There are plenty creative players that cover every blade of grass for the full game, and absolutely burst a gut to get the ball and create space

Then there are creative players who wander aimlessly about waiting for the 60 seconds they can be creative in- then stitch all of those 60 seconds together for a youtube video

60 second wonder players are ten a penny

walker is one of those

he should be the other

ah.....another one with the gift of being inside somebody else's mind, can you quote any of these words

So you believe the club was lying?

Craig has to sit down with him and sort things out one way or the other it its the other he plays and trains with the under 20 squad simple.

It is modern football: players sign pre contracts regularly. We also gain from this.

Even if Jamie is signing a pre contract (for whoever) in January, provided he is fit and focussed (& the management team have a role to play here) then 100% he should be one of the very first names on the team sheet.

Hagar the Horrible

WE have saved Walker from himself,  he would have been no diferent from any other player drawn in by the buglight that is that livevoluted cesspit,  he would have made some money for a few years, gone backwards aas an entity, and ended up in the lower leagues as a bit part player as you wont make enough money there to last a life time, not even for the term of your short career.  Any agent who is acting in the best interest of their client, and I am not sure there is that many? the majority are only interested in their own bank account.  All agents should look at the overall state of the institution and how the experience of being there would progress their client?  very few move on from Ibrox as better players, unless they bail out earlier?  O'Halloran and Waghorn???

His agent should have been looking down south to a Norwich or a Forrest who will benefit the player his carreer and his bank balance. 

The fake Rangers are not Rangers anymore, they are not even a fake Rolex, they are a fake Timex.  Players and Agents should all realise that by now?

Celtic are now on another world and there is nowhere near the kind of money required for Ranger to compete with them now?  Hearts and Hibs are progressing and the strong stable foundation we are building first will last long term,  The Sheep and St J are also 2 clubs heading in the right direction?  Faketimexco will have to spend a lot more in the coming years just to compete with us.  Why would you want to be a part of that?  Rangers should be renamed the Bootleg Leeds.

Jamie, get your act together and go down south, by signing an extention you are more lilkly to attract interest from better teams and become a better player

craig should be wise enough to point out to Jamie, that if they really did want him they woulda paid the mil, unless he doesn't think he was worth it and that we as a club valued him even higher. he should also point out that his agent has been trying to engineering this/in cahoots with sevco, so he gets a fee and the fact it's failed miserably doesn't make the agent look as though he has jamies best interests at heart.

So you believe the club was lying?

those weren't my words and no where did I even hint that the club was lying. your just going about twisting thing's to make you feel better about your opinion, the fact is, you have no facts and are basing your whole point of view on gossip mongering.

unless you want to reveal the in's and outs of the contract negotiations which your insinuating you have 1st hand knowledge of and how it all went.

Walker employs said agent.  And going by his behaviour over the past 6 months, the complete mess on the pitch won;t have bothered the disployal little shit at all.

WE have saved Walker from himself,  he would have been no diferent from any other player drawn in by the buglight that is that livevoluted cesspit,  he would have made some money for a few years, gone backwards aas an entity, and ended up in the lower leagues as a bit part player as you wont make enough money there to last a life time, not even for the term of your short career.  Any agent who is acting in the best interest of their client, and I am not sure there is that many? the majority are only interested in their own bank account.  All agents should look at the overall state of the institution and how the experience of being there would progress their client?  very few move on from Ibrox as better players, unless they bail out earlier?  O'Halloran and Waghorn???

His agent should have been looking down south to a Norwich or a Forrest who will benefit the player his carreer and his bank balance. 

The fake Rangers are not Rangers anymore, they are not even a fake Rolex, they are a fake Timex.  Players and Agents should all realise that by now?

Celtic are now on another world and there is nowhere near the kind of money required for Ranger to compete with them now?  Hearts and Hibs are progressing and the strong stable foundation we are building first will last long term,  The Sheep and St J are also 2 clubs heading in the right direction?  Faketimexco will have to spend a lot more in the coming years just to compete with us.  Why would you want to be a part of that?  Rangers should be renamed the Bootleg Leeds.

Jamie, get your act together and go down south, by signing an extention you are more lilkly to attract interest from better teams and become a better player

Or he could simply let his contract run down and pocket a bigger wage & signing on fee as there'll be no transfer fee. If he wants to leave he's got absolutely no incentive to sign a new contract.

those weren't my words and no where did I even hint that the club was lying. your just going about twisting thing's to make you feel better about your opinion, the fact is, you have no facts and are basing your whole point of view on gossip mongering.

unless you want to reveal the in's and outs of the contract negotiations which you claim to have 1st hand knowledge of and how it all went.

How am i twisting words?

Im stating facts that walker turned down a contract to become highest paid player and hasnt put any effort in since then.........

:cornette:

EDIT: and i never claimed to have inside info on the contract details.

So YOU stop TWISTING my words.

I thought this from an article, albeit from a Celtic style website was spot on:

Sevco followed up some low ball bids with tales being released about how unhappy Walker was with Hearts and the frustration of missing out on a dream move.

With Aberdeen picking up a fee of ?1.3m for a 30-year-old during the summer Walker wasn?t being held to ransom with a ?1m price tag.

Walker employs said agent. And going by his behaviour over the past 6 months, the complete mess on the pitch won;t have bothered the disployal little shit at all.

I think it bothered him a hell of a lot.

The big people.

Maybe those folk that are so big should be able to realise that she's only defending her brother.

She's maybe behaving like a tube and said some stupid things but she's just one young woman versus the angry maroon corner of the internet, and she probably has found it difficult to read comments online about her brother. Many have been really ridiculous and some have been plain awful, like wishing death on him. Argh. Tongue in cheek or not, that's going to affect those who love him.

If the "big people" were truly big they'd just leave her be. No good will come of getting into fights with her or trolling her for more reaction. She isn't the problem here.

Everybody Loves Baz!

It is modern football: players sign pre contracts regularly. We also gain from this.

Even if Jamie is signing a pre contract (for whoever) in January, provided he is fit and focussed (& the management team have a role to play here) then 100% he should be one of the very first names on the team sheet.

Problems is, Jamies head is so far up his own arse that the likelihood he'll be focussed is nil.

Whoever he signs a pre contract in January with, do us a favour.

Walkers agent has made his bed for him and he should lie in it.

I for one am glad Levein is now in charge, cause if Walker doesn't try a leg, he'll know about it.

I personally wouldn't give the snake a second chance as he's tied his colours firmly to the mast in which way along the M8 he wants to go.

He should be put out on gardening leave, why should we better his match fitness to then strengthen an opponent, especially when he doesn't give a toss about us?

About time you and a few others put the Walker pom poms away.

She's maybe behaving like a tube and said some stupid things but she's just one young woman versus the angry maroon corner of the internet, and she probably has found it difficult to read comments online about her brother. Many have been really ridiculous and some have been plain awful, like wishing death on him? Tongue in cheek or not, that's going to affect those who love him.

If the "big people" were truly big they'd just leave her be. No good will come of getting into fights with her or trolling her for more reaction. She isn't the problem here.

There was also personal abuse of her from early on. She isnt famous and doesnt deserve that in any way.

Problems is, Jamies head is so far up his own arse that the likelihood he'll be focussed is nil.

I for one am glad Levein is now in charge, cause if Walker doesn't try a leg, he'll know about it.

I personally wouldn't give the snake a second chance as he's tied his colours firmly to the mast in which way along the M8 he wants to go.

He should be put out on gardening leave, why should we better his match fitness to then strengthen an opponent, especially when he doesn't give a toss about us?

We should get his fitness and focus levels to the max and utilise them because he is our best player (or best creative player as Berra is immense).

The "Jamie pom poms" remain ?

Why are you defending a player who clearly wanted to be a Rangers player? Sure he didn't had in an official transfer request but he also at no point said that he would give full commitment to Hearts until his future was sorted. His silence was as much an indication of wanting to leave as it was him wanting to say.

It's so obvious that he wanted to leave for Rangers so how anyone can back the boy is beyond me.

Hearts weren't forced to respond. Speculation is part of football, why the need to single out Walker?

He singled himself out . I think the club acted correctly putting the record straight

Geoff Kilpatrick

I know nothing about Jamie Walker's sister, nor do I care.

Her brother's career is headed in Jordan McGhee's direction which is his own fault.

Absolute drivel. Trying to suggest that Rangers knocked back our approach for their deadwood as part of the deal is laughable. This was about them wanting Walker, not about us wanting Bates, Dodo and Holt.

Well played Hearts for sticking to your principles.

Exactly. Basically Sevco wanted to pay buttons and bolts for Walker and at the same time reduce their own wage bill by offloading their surplus to requirement flops, which in the final analysis would have financially been to their benefit.The arrogance of this recently established Scottish Football club know no bounds.

He singled himself out . I think the club acted correctly putting the record straight

I dont agree and said at the time that the club were wrong.

They alienated Jamie, which wasnt wise given that he had Rangers in his ear.

I think it bothered him a hell of a lot.

Gives a man up advantage to any opposition team even if he is on the bench a baad influence hanging about.

Why are you defending a player who clearly wanted to be a Rangers player? Sure he didn't had in an official transfer request but he also at no point said that he would give full commitment to Hearts until his future was sorted. His silence was as much an indication of wanting to leave as it was him wanting to say.

It's so obvious that he wanted to leave for Rangers so how anyone can back the boy is beyond me.

There can be reasons!

Just not the reasons any committed Hearts fan would see as acceptable.

Special Agent Dale Cooper

This.

We have no incentive to strengthen our direct rivals, in fact we would be naive to do so. Further an unfocussed player can prove disruptive to the changing room.

I don't really care about him signing a new contract now, he's had a couple of changes and declined them both. Just let him train alone.

A year is a long time in football.

Sent from my Swift 2 using Tapatalk

Exactly. Basically Sevco wanted to pay buttons and bolts for Walker and at the same time reduce their own wage bill by offloading their surplus to requirement flops, which in the final analysis would have financially been to their benefit.The arrogance of this recently established Scottish Football club know no bounds.

In this sense, there is a sense of reincarnation about this new club.

Perhaps, the Zombie analogy is more apt, although to be a Zombie you are basically the same body but deid!!!  And, this is not the same club, it just has the same abhorrent traits as the now completely dead and defunct original.

A kind of Son of Frankenstein!

Since Jamie Walker not going to sign new contract and didn't move before transfer window

Shut and he will most likely sign pre contract with

SEVCO in January do you not think we should play with players who are willing to stay at club

And Dump JAMIE WALKER to u20 and away from first team squad

Or he could simply let his contract run down and pocket a bigger wage & signing on fee as there'll be no transfer fee. If he wants to leave he's got absolutely no incentive to sign a new contract.

I wouldn't be so sure about the bigger wage. His genius agent has shown all his cards already - he's not moving out of Scotland. He's not good enough for Celtic or, arguably, Aberdeen - and even if he went north, the sheep are unlikely to break the bank for him. He's highly unlikely to go to H1B5 and has burnt his bridges at Hearts. There's no incentive for Sevco to offer him big money on a pre-contract; and that's assuming Pedro's replacement actually wants him.

There can be reasons!

Just not the reasons any committed Hearts fan would see as acceptable.

A committed Hearts fan supporting our best player? Shocking, eh?

This is the second time my commitment to Hearts has been questioned. Just be up front and say what you mean, rather than hiding behind innuendo.

• davemclaren locked this topic

Archived