The neverending saga of Jamie Walker / no deal, he stays at Hearts (updated)

kila

Nobody has came out and claimed that was Walkers stance. Hearts have said he rejected a deal. That's all.

........ after previously agreeing to same said deal.

A deal which would have made him the highest paid player at the club.

An honour which I'm not entirely convinced he deserves in all honesty.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem is, the family member set off a chain of responses from hundreds of other Hearts fans accusing the club of telling lies. I'm certainly not the only one on here who thinks that the club was well within its right to make a statement.

Does Jamie Walker support Hearts? I don't know him or his family, but was he not recently photographed at Ibrox with a Rangers scarf around his neck, and has he not been 'liking' several Rangers-related posts on social media over the last couple of days? Funny thing for a Hearts fan to do. I honestly don't care what team he supports though.

The difference between Levein's Press conference and Jamie Walker's dad on Facebook is that Levein is a paid professional doing his job, so no, the two things aren't comparable in this instance.

I'm not privy to Walker's contract situation but Levein made it clear what was said at the press conference and in today's statement from the club, they wrote "Hearts totally refute any suggestion that a member of the club board or senior executive would be less than honest with any information provided to the media or the fans".

We all have to make up our own minds as to what happened and who to believe. I'm actually not that bothered. It's a shame Jamie's going to Rangers, but we'll just have to carry on without him. He's a great player on his day and seems a nice lad, but better players have left us in the past.

Yes he supports hearts .he was on our bus at the semi final and final when we last won the cup .l

thegreatsd

Good statement from the club and shows more transparency on a level we never had before.

Really disappointed in Jamie here if he has turned down a good deal to stay. I'm pretty sure most on here are like me and would probably give everything they have to play a single game for hearts. Really wish we could get some of these guys to play for us for the bulk of their careers in a John Robertson type of way. Stay and make yourself a legend and probably have job for life and a very comfortable one at that.

I suppose it's just the way football and society is these days. People lured by money and thinking the grass is greener elsewhere.

If he heads down south or abroad somewhere at a higher level I wish him all the best but if he goes to Glasgow I will be a bit gutted to say the least. It will show his mentality if he does, following in the footsteps of templeton, Ritchie etc

Just had a wee thought as well.... remember recently when there was a few suspicions of him getting himself red carded on purpose? Pretty sure the game it meant he missed was at ibrox wasn't it? Could be a bampot theory though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sairyinthat

:wtfvlad:

I've no issue with the club making a statement. I'm asking myself why now given the utter drivel that pollutes the club Facebook page all the time.

Aye you have go back and read your statement

What an embarrassing way to handle this situation, the club is an absolute shambles just now.

hughesie27

........ after previously agreeing to same said deal.

A deal which would have made him the highest paid player at the club.

An honour which I'm not entirely convinced he deserves in all honesty.

You never changed your mind on something? Particularly a career choice. Rejecting a deal and saying you want to leave are two very different things. Fact is he hasn't handed in a transfer request.

sairyinthat

What an embarrassing way to handle this situation, the club is an absolute shambles just now.

Sure thing  just let you clowns damage the clubs status.Try some other deflection

Marooned Abroad

I just cannot believe the utter s***e being posted on this thread. There seems to be a view that the people who are running our Club are just a bunch of liars. Well, if that's what you think, away and 'support' somebody else.

OK, we can all have our own views on how this matter is being handled by the Club, but for God's sake, we are not being run by a bunch of liars any more. These were the old Romanov days which Anne Budge, bless her, rescued us from. Have some bloody respect, all of you moaners. You make me ashamed to be a Hearts supporter with your negative claptrap. (Oh, and let me assure you I am not CL or anyone remotely employed at the Club. Just a 74 year old TRUE Jambo who has been through much worse (and better) times than this supporting our team).

Whether or not Jamie Walker wants away (and I for one wouldn't blame him if he did for financial reasons alone), let's just accept it and wish the boy luck.

sairyinthat

You never changed your mind on something? Particularly a career choice. Rejecting a deal and saying you want to leave are two very different things. Fact is he hasn't handed in a transfer request.

That right  Karma sickening aint it another attempt at deflection

Nobody has came out and claimed that was Walkers stance. Hearts have said he rejected a deal. That's all.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40094773

"Jamie said he has been here a long time and feels it is time to move on"

so in other words he wants to leave, you dont have to hand in a formal transfer request to make it known you want away, 

personally if he feels he wants to move then good luck to him, cant blame a guy for wanting to progress his career or maybe even just try something new, so the club are correct to sell him now before he goes for free next summer.

I just cannot believe the utter s***e being posted on this thread. There seems to be a view that the people who are running our Club are just a bunch of liars. Well, if that's what you think, away and 'support' somebody else.

OK, we can all have our own views on how this matter is being handled by the Club, but for God's sake, we are not being run by a bunch of liars any more. These were the old Romanov days which Anne Budge, bless her, rescued us from. Have some bloody respect, all of you moaners. You make me ashamed to be a Hearts supporter with your negative claptrap. (Oh, and let me assure you I am not CL or anyone remotely employed at the Club. Just a 74 year old TRUE Jambo who has been through much worse (and better) times than this supporting our team).

Whether or not Jamie Walker wants away (and I for one wouldn't blame him if he did for financial reasons alone), let's just accept it and wish the boy luck.

Great post!

Good statement by the club; yet you still have folk saying they are lying...Why would the club lie in such a public way; when it could be easily refuted by the player - I would suggest the statement is aimed at all the nonsense and bollocks spouted by so called fans on Facebook and Kickback. We have a lot of fans more interested in attacking the club these days than supporting it. Sad state of affairs

Harry Potter

Bad move for him, could be part of the treble winning Hearts next season, get ma coat.

Rudolf's Mate

Bit torn tbh. I can see both sides of the argument in that maybe it's a bit too much from the club whilst others saying it's exactly what we've been crying out for. Clear and honest dialogue.

It was only a few weeks ago that there was an outcry from some that we should have a statement from the club re what happened since Cathro came in. Now we've had a statement people are up in arms screaming too much, or even that it shouldn't have been made at all. The auld saying you can please some of the people, some of the time comes to mind!

Like I've said earlier. I have to accept that the club is being truthful here. Thinking otherwise, is well, unthinkable!

On that understanding, Jamie might be happy to run down his contract and move elsewhere. In his case none of our fans should be happy to let this happen. Not because of what happened to CP but to get a development fee for Jamie would be a right kick in the teeth tbh.

Maybe we haven't helped ourselves in maximising a fee for him however if he's not willing to sign a new deal then we need to sell him. It really is that simple.

If he does go he'll go with my thanks regardless of who he goes to.

Marooned Abroad

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40094773

"Jamie said he has been here a long time and feels it is time to move on"

so in other words he wants to leave, you dont have to hand in a formal transfer request to make it known you want away, 

personally if he feels he wants to move then good luck to him, cant blame a guy for wanting to progress his career or maybe even just try something new, so the club are correct to sell him now before he goes for free next summer.

Spot on. Close this thread.

Sure thing  just let you clowns damage the clubs status.Try some other deflection

What are you talking about? The club is only damaging themselves by behaving like clowns, they've handled this situation terribly now everyone knows about it and everyone is talking about it. Weird people.

i wish jj was my dad

We can't go breaking banks for players, that's not the way to go.

But we have to ask why have struna, walker, nicholson have been offered contracts, 2 of them hearts fans and all decide they want to leave.

The statement says walker had verbally agreed to the deal and then changed his mind, something just doesn't sit right.

Il also add I find the statement very amateurish, the club appear to take criticism or media talk very personally, something that every club has to go through.

On the plus side we will hopefully replace much of our current squad with players that want to play for the club and fight for every ball. The current squad appears to have a few bad apples so hopefully any new players in will be told what the club is about and what is expected by players like berra and cowie.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I think the contract issue is quite simple. These players can earn a lot more elsewhere. Hearts are hardly unique in that respect.

I completely disagree with your point about the statement. If people are going to spread lies about the club and their employees on social media which risk damaging customer relationships then the club has no option but to set the record straight. It's infuriating to think that some arseholes with a grudge spreading horse shit on here could be damaging the club commercially but I think that's where we are at.

I do agree with your final point and really hope that Berra and Cowie's first priority is to clean up the dressing room.

Slightly diverting, this really needs to settle down at the club. Like Cathro or not we start next season with him...last season is gone but petty squabbles continue to unsettle the club harmony, or more so the supporters

Big season ahead and we need to try and focus positively. I'm not enjoying the disdain that surrounds us, it's almost gone too far with the constant complaining.

I hold my hands up and say I was as guilty as anyone but I've even pissed myself off with it :lol:

Geoff Kilpatrick

Aye you have go back and read your statement

No, no I don't. Learn to read.

Jamboelite

Why hasn't he handed in a transfer request then? Refusing a new contract at this time isn't the same as asking to leave.

Because his agent will recommend seeing it out for a better contract elsewhere, Hearts however want money for him.

My guess Walker never thought Hearts would be so upfront about his situation hence his oldman spitting the dummy.

**** him he wants to leave he goes, personally the lad is a good player but doesnt do it in big games.

the_jailer

Slightly diverting, this really needs to settle down at the club. Like Cathro or not we start next season with him...last season is gone but petty squabbles continue to unsettle the club harmony, or more so the supporters

Big season ahead and we need to try and focus positively. I'm not enjoying the disdain that surrounds us, it's almost gone too far with the constant complaining.

I hold my hands up and say I was as guilty as anyone but I've even pissed myself off with it :lol:

Hopefully we can start signing decent players and look forward to the new season starting.

maybe trying to push levein out the door is a better plan. Unless your all happy with how levein has done in his job .A football director is suppose to oversee the football side runs smooth even when changing head coaches clearly that ain't working but I'm guess we should all be happy as we've just came out off admin ooo wait that excuse can't work anymore

Willie your fighting a losing battle here. We get that you don't want Levein involved but best leave it at that bud.

Cathro (and Levein) will be given this full summers window and at least first round of fixtures. This includes some cup games before the league proper to guage where we are at.

Best put your opinions to the side and just buckle up for that.

And Levein never said he handed in a transfer request either but folk are falling over themselves to have a go at home and blame him for saying Walker wants to leave

The above scenario whilst not handing in a transfer request equates to letting the club know he wishes to move on

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

sairyinthat

What are you talking about? The club is only damaging themselves by behaving like clowns, they've handled this situation terribly now everyone knows about it and everyone is talking about it. Weird people.

My disappointed the truth comes out are we? Threads ruined for you tough you had no consideration for opponents of your views and infested every thread with them.Suck it up the Club fights back.

sairyinthat

No, no I don't. Learn to read.

Tough accepting you're talking shit eh Post 350

We can't go breaking banks for players, that's not the way to go.

But we have to ask why have struna, walker, nicholson have been offered contracts, 2 of them hearts fans and all decide they want to leave.

The statement says walker had verbally agreed to the deal and then changed his mind, something just doesn't sit right.

Il also add I find the statement very amateurish, the club appear to take criticism or media talk very personally, something that every club has to go through.

On the plus side we will hopefully replace much of our current squad with players that want to play for the club and fight for every ball. The current squad appears to have a few bad apples so hopefully any new players in will be told what the club is about and what is expected by players like berra and cowie.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Answer is Agents promises

Jambo 4 Ever

Has his dad said anything on social media since the statement?

Looks like Jamie has a soft spot for rangers

Sad it has come to this & feel a little sorry for Jamie, as he hasn't actually said a thing(unless he has known whst was going to be said).

However the club had to speak out. They were basically being called liars and bringing the club into disrepute. We are trying to sign players. That's not going to help, so had to clarify and call out the claims for the absolute nonsense that they were.

Jamie has been very silly with the Rangers likes on social media & the picture of him in Rangers colours, with his boy in a Rangers strip. The throwing of the armband also annoys me, but maybe that's just me. He also posted about needing a change way before any of this came out.

Jamie will go, the club will move on. Sadly his antics will tarnish his reputation with most fans. Look how Paterson handled it.

Bit torn tbh. I can see both sides of the argument in that maybe it's a bit too much from the club whilst others saying it's exactly what we've been crying out for. Clear and honest dialogue.

It was only a few weeks ago that there was an outcry from some that we should have a statement from the club re what happened since Cathro came in. Now we've had a statement people are up in arms screaming too much, or even that it shouldn't have been made at all. The auld saying you can please some of the people, some of the time comes to mind!

Like I've said earlier. I have to accept that the club is being truthful here. Thinking otherwise, is well, unthinkable!

On that understanding, Jamie might be happy to run down his contract and move elsewhere. In his case none of our fans should be happy to let this happen. Not because of what happened to CP but to get a development fee for Jamie would be a right kick in the teeth tbh.

Maybe we haven't helped ourselves in maximising a fee for him however if he's not willing to sign a new deal then we need to sell him. It really is that simple.

This.

Too many are determined to be angry about everything, regardless. The club can't do right for doing wrong in their eyes, especially if what they do involves Levein in some way. Like a red rag to a bull.

There's always a snark trend with Hearts fans I think (although rarely one picked up by the majority) and right now it's Levein themed. Some people just aren't happy unless they have something (real or imagined) to rage against. Must be what keeps the blood pumping for them I guess. Each to their own.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Tough accepting you're talking shit eh Post 350

Tough accepting that you need to enhance your comprehension skills.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Too many are determined to be angry about everything, regardless. The club can't do right for doing wrong in their eyes, especially if what they do involves Levein in some way. Like a red rag to a bull.

There's always a snark trend with Hearts fans I think (although rarely one picked up by the majority) and right now it's Levein themed. Some people just aren't happy unless they have something (real or imagined) to rage against. Must be what keeps the blood pumping for them I guess. Each to their own.

:laugh: What do you expect people to say? A shitstorm has ensued over two things - Cathro's knowledge and Walker's contract situation. Do you expect to say thanks Craig and ignore it?

My disappointed the truth comes out are we? Threads ruined for you tough you had no consideration for opponents of your views and infested every thread with them.Suck it up the Club fights back.

The club have made an utter mess of this, it's embarrassing, if it was any other team we'd all be saying it's a ****ing shambles, difference between me and other people is just because I support Hearts I won't blindly follow everything that's said and pretend everything is great when it's not.

Bowmans_Boot

I welcome the club being open and letting the fans know what is happening.

My issue with this statement is that it basically tells a one sided story and paints Jamie in not the best light (hence many "GTF" posts on this thread). Not much in life is completely 100% one way and the absolute truth will be somewhere in the middle.

We paint ourselves as a caring family club. As a club wishing to attract the very best young players, develop them and look after them. I am not convinced this helps to show us in this light, which is unfortunate. It is very easy to say what you would like to be, fat harder to act it.

Read it.

Hearts said he first of all accepted the deal then changed his mind.

Ergo he doesn't want to stay.

Hearts say he wants to leave (which he does) with a year to go on his contract to hopefully get some cash for him.

Would you rather we said nothing and let some of the lunatics on here make up stories for the next year and we end up getting nothing for him when he leaves?

Bowmans_Boot

Does Jamie Walker support Hearts? I don't know him or his family, but was he not recently photographed at Ibrox with a Rangers scarf around his neck, and has he not been 'liking' several Rangers-related posts on social media over the last couple of days? Funny thing for a Hearts fan to do. I honestly don't care what team he supports though.

These photos have been posted, discussed at length and used as a stick to beat Jamie countless times.

Every single time this happens the explanation behind the photo is given (by several people, including myself) and yet they still get dragged up time and time again. Jamie Walker is 100% a Hearts fan. No question.

sairyinthat

Tough accepting that you need to enhance your comprehension skills.

Keep deflecting but it's not working I fully understand you be in no doubt about that.

Jambo 4 Ever

These photos have been posted, discussed at length and used as a stick to beat Jamie countless times.

Every single time this happens the explanation behind the photo is given (by several people, including myself) and yet they still get dragged up time and time again. Jamie Walker is 100% a Hearts fan. No question.

IF he is a hearts fan, why feel the need to wear a rangers scarf and dress his kid in a rangers kit then?

And be foolish enough to have his photo taken

I think the club has made a mistake in issuing this statement. What good will result from this move? Discussing through the press an employees contract position in unprofessional and reflects badly on the club. This should have been kept private at this stage.

Glamorgan Jambo

Not really sure what the fuss is about.

In football 99% of issues are down to money. We offered Jamie a contract which he's turned down. As he'd leave for nothing in 12 months time we need to sell this summer.

What leaves a bad taste in my mouth is players trying to screw every last penny out of the club. If Jamie is going to leave then he should accept the club's right to look for a transfer fee in the same way he has the right not to go or sign a contract.

The same goes for Sam. How is his acclimatisation trip to MN going anyway??

Jambo 4 Ever

I think the club has made a mistake in issuing this statement. What good will result from this move? Discussing through the press an employees contract position in unprofessional and reflects badly on the club. This should have been kept private at this stage.

Can't disagree there!

Bowmans_Boot

IF he is a hearts fan, why feel the need to wear a rangers scarf and dress his kid in a rangers kit then?

And be foolish enough to have his photo taken

The answer is in, roughly, 10,000 other threads.

sairyinthat

The club have made an utter mess of this, it's embarrassing, if it was any other team we'd all be saying it's a ******* shambles, difference between me and other people is just because I support Hearts I won't blindly follow everything that's said and pretend everything is great when it's not.

Oh I know that You'll just make up/imagine things whatever suit's your agenda

Can't disagree there!

Shocked that you would fall against the club on this matter!!!!!

But he is partial to the Huns too it seems, as apparently half his family are of that type of breed?

Hearts fans follow him on Instagram and he posts a photo of him and his kid in Rangers attire for us all to admire! Great...

Jamie doesn't do himself any favours in this soap opera, just like Levein doesn't. Shambles...

Bowmans_Boot

I agree. I dont see the positives at all.

But hey, we are such a well run, professional, caring family club with our finances firmly under control. We are only 2-3M short on the new stand and our best players want to leave. On the plus side, we will have a (half finished) shiny new stand next season. Brilliant stuff.

sairyinthat

You mean kinda like the made up stories used as a stick to beat the DOF to death?The pictures of Walker are a fact.The stories of our DOF are a Fiction you don't see a difference

Fair enough then

Wonder what Jamie's dad will say to that

Even though you seemed quite happy with the statement at 5.20 last night?

Bowmans_Boot

But he is partial to the Huns too it seems, as apparently half his family are of that type of breed?

Hearts fans follow him on twitter and he posts a photo of him and his kid in Rangers attire for us all to admire! Great...

Jamie doesn't do himself any favours in this soap opera, just like Levein doesn't. Shambles...

Jamie hasnt said anything at all in this soap opera, so its a little harsh to criticise him.

Bowmans_Boot

You mean kinda like the made up stories used as a stick to beat the DOF to death?The pictures of Walker are a fact.The stories of our DOF are a Fiction you don't see a difference

I like Craig Levein and support him. You will not find one single post by me criticising him. The criticism he takes is OTT and unfair.

• davemclaren locked this topic

Archived