The neverending saga of Jamie Walker / no deal, he stays at Hearts (updated)

kila

I have said on here in the past that it should be a matter of course that statements from the club should be accompanied by someone's name. It is good PR practice, if nothing else.

Generally, I think the club could do with a shake-up of its PR side. The statements that come out from time to time do display a poor standard of English usage; the website is frequently out of date; and there is a general low level of engagement with supporters.

It's even better practice to keep these things private between the two parties but the club was forced to defend itself or chose to in the interests of openness.  As regards a name I'd say that was optional.  If this was a joint, or majority, board decision and had been signed by the company secretary you're no further forward eg you wouldn't believe the company secretary necessarily played any part in the decision.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
alicante jambo

I agree. I dont see the positives at all.

But hey, we are such a well run, professional, caring family club with our finances firmly under control. We are only 2-3M short on the new stand and our best players want to leave. On the plus side, we will have a (half finished) shiny new stand next season. Brilliant stuff.

Our best players will easily be replaced.Our best players have not turned up this eeason we are a shambles on the pitch.Only a couple can say theyve tried 100% walker isnt one of them.You were on here the other day spouting utter pish about the way hearts have treated walker and bairns idolise him and this looks bad on hearts.Infact youre still not blaming walker at all in this.He was made an offer and would have been the highest paid player at hearts so to me he would have been on good money much more than most players outwith the old firm.Hes accepted the offer then said he didnt want it.Wonder what all they bairns that idolise him think BB?Hes made his bed let him lie in it.His efforts have been garbage this season hides against the big teams hid against the WEE team.Feck him.I back hearts 100% here but you carry on with youre agenda.Hes only a player hearts are more important than him.

Remember when Paul Ritchie had his head turned?

Remember when Andy Webster had his head turned?

Remember when Magic had hos head turned?

Where was the faux outrage and accusations that "something at the club isn't right"

This isn't Leveins fault, it is our remit to develop players and then move them on. Unfortunately sometimes they feel they can move on and earn more money before we think they are ready

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Correct and all those players were widely criticised for it and know loads of folk that still don't like them.

Now it seems it's the clubs fault, rather than the players. Bizarre.

the big show

Says the Uber Fantasist next time you tell the truth(if ever)Naebody will believe you.

Listen i have had quite enough of your guff every time i post it is getting rather tedious if you don't like it or want to read it put me on ignore it is that simple .. Also it's a bit rich coming from you as well given your hardly out the limelight on here with people arguing with you , fantasist huh practice what you preach ... other than that i'm open to pm's rather than splashing your continued guff over the forum .. 

the big show

Our best players will easily be replaced.Our best players have not turned up this eeason we are a shambles on the pitch.Only a couple can say theyve tried 100% walker isnt one of them.You were on here the other day spouting utter pish about the way hearts have treated walker and bairns idolise him and this looks bad on hearts.Infact youre still not blaming walker at all in this.He was made an offer and would have been the highest paid player at hearts so to me he would have been on good money much more than most players outwith the old firm.Hes accepted the offer then said he didnt want it.Wonder what all they bairns that idolise him think BB?Hes made his bed let him lie in it.His efforts have been garbage this season hides against the big teams hid against the WEE team.Feck him.I back hearts 100% here but you carry on with youre agenda.Hes only a player hearts are more important than him.

He was outstanding in the Rangers 4-1 game at Tynecastle .

Bull's-eye

So was the rest of the team. What's your point ?

alicante jambo

come on ffs the season isnt about 1 game mate.Hes let us down.with his efforts.Somebody brought it up earlier that game he got sent off next game was against sevco.If you loom at his efforts that day he genuinly wanted sent off foul after foul.

Paterson I understand but there's a huge difference between him and the other 2. He was being offered contracts from EPL clubs that's life money if you can see out 3 years.

We haven't developed Walker and Nicholson into the players they should be. Perhaps partly down to their own attitudes but I don't believe that of Jamie Walker.

No big clubs have been knocking our door down for these two. Nicholsons agent seems to be hawking him round the MLS I don't believe that's a career move he planned. Walker to initially agree a deal the do a U turn is strange. What the club don't say is when this happened. I'd like to know the time frames.

When Hibs had their crop of youngsters clubs were at their door. This hasn't happened with Walker or Nicholson and I think the club should be looking at that. We have a number of decent looking youth prospects and I'd like to think this will be looked at. I've no issue with players leaving to better their life's and careers but we should be maximising their value not practically giving them away.

Pretty much agree with that. Not much we can/could have done about Paterson or Nicholson.

We'll have to wait and see what happens with Walkers transfer and how much we get!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been a Hearts supporter for almost 4 decades. I will always be on board, always. Through think and thin, good times and bad. After all that's the role of the supporter.

Hearts will be here long after Jamie Walker, Anne Budge, Craig Levein and all the rest.

I'll support them evermore. Without condition.

Totally agree , sometimes it's tough to be a Hearts fan but I wouldn't be anything else.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Pretty much agree with that. Not much we can/could have done about Paterson or Nicholson.

We'll have to wait and see what happens with Walkers transfer and how much we get!

I would also add Jordan Mcghee to that list. I have no problem with Paterson he was honest from the start in that he did not want another contract. He also gave 100 percent in every game he played even getting himself needlessly injured in the second last game before the January transfer window.

These guys are professional footballers so sadly it's about money full stop. Sad to see good young players leave but we can't prevent it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

bauld willie

I have said on here in the past that it should be a matter of course that statements from the club should be accompanied by someone's name. It is good PR practice, if nothing else.

Generally, I think the club could do with a shake-up of its PR side. The statements that come out from time to time do display a poor standard of English usage; the website is frequently out of date; and there is a general low level of engagement with supporters.

I agree completely, it does not always create a good first impression.

I suggested something similar yesterday on the social media side as we are not utilising it fully. When used extensively as per other medium to large sized enterprises, you can nip things in the bud quicker and get a better message across.

My position is that there is no problem with a player wanting to move on, but choosing to go to the huns, one of our biggest rivals isn't on. If he wants to go down south and challenge himself I have massive respect for him for doing that, if he wants to go abroad for a payday fine whatever its his prerogative but if he wants to join a direct competitor and strengthen the huns then he can **** right off. Its indicative of the Scottish mentality and our lack of development in the international team that the world begins and ends in Glasgow. Utterly pathetic.

KineticBeat

I can't be bothered trawling through 16 pages of infighting. So its possibly been covered. This is a worrying development for me.

This could indeed be the work of his agent and that's football unfortunately.

However that's Nicholson Walker and Patterson all refused new contracts. Our brightest young talent. Something doesn't stack up for me. 1 of the 3 is understandable but all of them. The club have to look at and see why it's happening consistently, if it is indeed to do with the agents then that needs looked at by the club before we put the youths on full time contracts.

The club were right to issue the statement but it still raises a few questions.

I don't think there is necessarily a problem. They are all young guys who are at an age where if they are every going to make it at a 'higher' level they should be thinking about moving now. They may have an arse of an agent who is getting their head turned but we were always going to lose the 3 of them within a year or two of each other. 

Clubs with more money might have thrown enough money at them where they would decide to stay (I don't think this will have worked for Paterson regardless) but Hearts aren't in the position to do that just now and seem to have gone to the upper limits of any kind of wage structure they have for Walker (and I imagine Paterson). 

It's something we need to accept. That any young talent that comes through the academies will get to Paterson/Nicholson/Walkers kind of age and start thinking about the move away for more money/ different challenge / a chance at the big time. We are only ever going to get 4/5 years max out of the good academy graduates. 

Nookie Bear

My position is that there is no problem with a player wanting to move on, but choosing to go to the huns, one of our biggest rivals isn't on. If he wants to go down south and challenge himself I have massive respect for him for doing that, if he wants to go abroad for a payday fine whatever its his prerogative but if he wants to join a direct competitor and strengthen the huns then he can **** right off. Its indicative of the Scottish mentality and our lack of development in the international team that the world begins and ends in Glasgow. Utterly pathetic.

What if rangers are the only offer we receive, or the largest offer?

JamboRossi79

This with bells on

If he is engineering a move to them then he can fcuk right off

Dallas Green

Jamie Walker is a Hearts fan and anyone who says otherwise has absolutely no idea.

Its shite that it has come down to this, they way we are losing him. I very much doubt this was solely Jamie's decision and think the agent has turned his head with offers of more money elsewhere. I can't fault him for wanting to make as much money as he can because with his past record of injuries I doubt he will be playing in 10 years time.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Does it really matter who Jamie Walker supports? Professionals kind of lose interest in the teams they supported.

Jambo 4 Ever

Jamie Walker is a Hearts fan and anyone who says otherwise has absolutely no idea.

Its shite that it has come down to this, they way we are losing him. I very much doubt this was solely Jamie's decision and think the agent has turned his head with offers of more money elsewhere. I can't fault him for wanting to make as much money as he can because with his past record of injuries I doubt he will be playing in 10 years time.

A hearts fan who wears scarfs of one of our biggest rivals as posts a photo of it on the internet? 

Jambo 4 Ever

Does it really matter who Jamie Walker supports? Professionals kind of lose interest in the teams they supported.

I think it matters when they post photos of themselves with other teams scarfs on, etc

How come he couldn't have taken a photo of him with a Hearts scarf on?  or his kid with a Hearts kit on?

I think it matters when they post photos of themselves with other teams scarfs on, etc

How come he couldn't have taken a photo of him with a Hearts scarf on?  or his kid with a Hearts kit on?

Mainly because he was at a game where Hearts weren't playing, but you knew that didn't you? Your trolling is becoming rather tedious now.

Dallas Green

A hearts fan who wears scarfs of one of our biggest rivals as posts a photo of it on the internet?

You are a broken record.

You've had it explained to you.

He is a Hearts fan and always has been.

Jam Tarts 1874

Jamie's probably done all he is ever going to do at Hearts.  Can't blame him for wanting to try something else.

Jambo 4 Ever

Mainly because he was at a game where Hearts weren't playing, but you knew that didn't you? Your trolling is becoming rather tedious now.

Still doesn't explain why he had to wear a scarf in the first place and have a photo taken and posted

Jambo 4 Ever

You are a broken record.

You've had it explained to you.

He is a Hearts fan and always has been.

No one has explained why he had to pose for a photo and have it put on internet.

And why he couldn't have put a photo of his kid in a hearts kit instead or atleast as well as

As a professional player playing for the rival, he should not be putting photos of him with rangers scarfs on imo 

Still doesn't explain why he had to wear a scarf in the first place and have a photo taken and posted

Why do you care so much? I couldn't give a shiny shite. Hartley used to attend Celtic matches all the time.

Dallas Green

No one has explained why he had to pose for a photo and have it put on internet.

And why he couldn't have put a photo of his kid in a hearts kit instead or atleast as well as

As a professional player playing for the rival, he should not be putting photos of him with rangers scarfs on imo

He didnt pose for it nor did he post it.

He has posted pics of his kid in a Hearts kit.

It's come down to this because his father chose to depict Hearts in a bad light and the club felt bound to clarify their position - in the interests of opennesss which many on here clamour for.

Watt-Zeefuik

I fully understand the club putting out a statement just because of the situation we're in right now.

Had this happened at the end of last season it likely would have gone unnoticed. But after this debacle of the season the club knows it needs to do a bit extra to keep the fans onside.

My hunch is that the Walkers have a sense of what he can make on the open market and it's higher than what Hearts are willing to pay. If Hearts were willing to make him the club's highest paid player and he didn't sign then fair play to both sides -- a footballer's career is short and he needs to make what he can, but we may not be able to pay him that.

Levein probably should have phrased it better than "Jamie wants away" (or thereabouts) and Jamie's dad probably should have kept his trap shut. Beyond that what's done is done and I hope Jamie scores 15 in the first half of next season then collects a ?2m fee on the way to Sunderland or some such and has a brilliant career before returning to us at age 31 to retire in maroon. 

I agree completely, it does not always create a good first impression.

I suggested something similar yesterday on the social media side as we are not utilising it fully. When used extensively as per other medium to large sized enterprises, you can nip things in the bud quicker and get a better message across.

Generally i think I know who needs the shake up.

If the club was issuing something to which a reply was likely/expected/ required then by all means give a name but I cannot see the need, or good practice, when making a statement.

I think this is bothering some people because they would like to stick the knife in Levein, Cathro or Budge but they don't know who.  It must be frustrating.

Jambo 4 Ever

Why do you care so much? I couldn't give a shiny shite. Hartley used to attend Celtic matches all the time.

Hartley was openly a Celtic fan though. so it's not really relevant

And even he didn't have photos of him wearing a Celtic scarf did he.

Jamboelite

I agree. I dont see the positives at all.

But hey, we are such a well run, professional, caring family club with our finances firmly under control. We are only 2-3M short on the new stand and our best players want to leave. On the plus side, we will have a (half finished) shiny new stand next season. Brilliant stuff.

BB you keep going on about this and the shortfall now i agree currently we still need money but your making out we are along way short do you have anythibg specific or is this just a rod to beat the club with.

:laugh: What do you expect people to say? A shitstorm has ensued over two things - Cathro's knowledge and Walker's contract situation. Do you expect to say thanks Craig and ignore it?

Looks that way Geoff!!

Jamboelite

As a professional player playing for the rival, he should not be putting photos of him with rangers scarfs on imo

How is your shit stirring still tolerated you know full well this has been answered yet still like to go over it.

Here's a question for the riddler himself

What type of poster continues to post question after question and always directs things in a negative manner towards HMFC?

Hartley was openly a Celtic fan though. so it's not really relevant

And even he didn't have photos of him wearing a Celtic scarf did he.

None that you know of.

Whatever his reasons, being pictured wearing the scarf of a rival team is stupid at best.

Together with the need for a change instagram post and laddie in the same club strip as he had a scarf, as well as following and liking the posts made by the players of said club, it starts to look quite disrespectful.

I don't particularly care who he supports, but all this proper Jambo chat looks a bit silly in conjunction with the above.

If folk are quite happy for his Rangers love in fine. But to me, I think it's quite disrespectful to the club he plays for and the supporters.

As a player I like Jamie & do think we'll miss him, but he has behaved quite foolishly & there is a lack of professionalism.

This would be the same regardless of the club involved btw.

alwaysthereinspirit

I bought my sisters kid a Hearts babygro many years ago. Her husband is a hobo but they still put the babygro on and took a photo. Really not sure what the big deal is!

Does or did your brother in law play for #ibs? Taking the photo is not an issue. Posting it is. Theres a time and a place.

Does or did your brother in law play for #ibs? Taking the photo is not an issue. Posting it is. Theres a time and a place.

No but if he did I would have posted it [emoji6]

the big show

come on ffs the season isnt about 1 game mate.Hes let us down.with his efforts.Somebody brought it up earlier that game he got sent off next game was against sevco.If you loom at his efforts that day he genuinly wanted sent off foul after foul.

i honestly can genuinely say that Walker was a lot more consistent than most Cp aside ok Isma to a extent , take away his and Pattersons goals and it really is a quite frightening thought to were we would have finished . ,Now add to it it looks like we are going to have to replace both , easier said than done considering the market and budget we have to play with .. only my opinion but it's the way i see it .. or to put it another way he was never as bad as some on here are making out , what do you think they have a valuation on him and are asking for a transfer fee for if he was not classed as a decent player ...

Jambo 4 Ever

Whatever his reasons, being pictured wearing the scarf of a rival team is stupid at best.

Together with the need for a change instagram post and laddie in the same club strip as he had a scarf, as well as following and liking the posts made by the players of said club, it starts to look quite disrespectful.

I don't particularly care who he supports, but all this proper Jambo chat looks a bit silly in conjunction with the above.

If folk are quite happy for his Rangers love in fine. But to me, I think it's quite disrespectful to the club he plays for and the supporters.

As a player I like Jamie & do think we'll miss him, but he has behaved quite foolishly & there is a lack of professionalism.

This would be the same regardless of the club involved btw.

Exactly

Jambo 4 Ever

How is your shit stirring still tolerated you know full well this has been answered yet still like to go over it.

Here's a question for the riddler himself

What type of poster continues to post question after question and always directs things in a negative manner towards HMFC?

will just have to agree to disagree - and there are several others who agree with me

alwaysthereinspirit

No but if he did I would have posted it [emoji6]

:2thumbsup: and imagine the grief he'd have taken. Its naivety on Walkers part to think the photos wouldn't be seen as a dig at Hearts by some.

OmiyaHearts

I don't think it matters what team a player supports. They'll usually follow the scent of money anyway.

Hearts have made a strong statement today. Let's see if Jamie Walker, or his dad comes back with anything.

The whole episode is unfortunate and regrettable but personally speaking, I think letting your auld man rabbit on for you on Facebook is asking for trouble.

Some people don't realise what they post is available to the rest of the world whether directly or as quoted.

cosanostra

I'd happily sell Walker for ?1m+ but it's hard to imagine anyone paying that for him.

He's done well but injuries have cost him his pace and he looks like he's thrown in the towel.

If we can get ?1m throw half at the stand and add another couple of smallish fees for quality players like Goncalves and that'll be good business.

Never said that at all - and no more name calling please!! That is out of order

Did you not have a go at Jamie because of the way he spoke?

You need a thicker skin. Little boy. See if the mods take issue with that.

I'd happily sell Walker for ?1m+ but it's hard to imagine anyone paying that for him.

He's done well but injuries have cost him his pace and he looks like he's thrown in the towel.

If we can get ?1m throw half at the stand and add another couple of smallish fees for quality players like Goncalves and that'll be good business.

We'll be lucky to get even half of that. All interested clubs will now know that we want rid and if he stays he will do nothing and wait until he can sign a pre contract in January.

We'll be lucky to get even half of that. All interested clubs will now know that we want rid and if he stays he will do nothing and wait until he can sign a pre contract in January.

I don't think he's strong enough mentally to see out his contract especially if the club decide he's got to play for his wages.

Seeing the Hearts fans turning on him will speed up a sale.

He's burnt his bridges I'm afraid.

The Clock Inn and the owner is Walter Mitty.

I know you are joking but it was actually Ian Duncan who owned it as well as Thomson's TV shop. He had a few other pubs as well, The Partridge & Pear Tree as well as Maxie's Bistro.

• davemclaren locked this topic

Archived