The neverending saga of Jamie Walker / no deal, he stays at Hearts (updated)

kila

I don't think he's strong enough mentally to see out his contract especially if the club decide he's got to play for his wages.

Seeing the Hearts fans turning on him will speed up a sale.

He's burnt his bridges I'm afraid.

Would the club play him if he's not interested though?

He could do an Oshaniwa and just take the money the only down side from his point of view is that he will not be playing and clubs might lose interest.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would the club play him if he's not interested though?

He could do an Oshaniwa and just take the money the only down side from his point of view is that he will not be playing and clubs might lose interest.

It's not in his interest to sit in the stand. The club can demand that he turns up for every game. If he plays and doesn't try then no one will sign him anyway.

I wonder how his Dad will feel hearing his son getting dogs abuse from fans ?

A speedy sale is best all round 600-800k should do it unless it's Sevco then 1.5 m.

Jamie's family are Rangers fans now? Really?

You have no clue.

I don't know if his family are Rangers supporters or not but I have heard that he is going there on a 3 year deal.  My source was told that 3 weeks ago by a very close member of his family (not his father) and unless someone is bullshitting he'll be there next season.

I don't know if his family are Rangers supporters or not but I have heard that he is going there on a 3 year deal. My source was told that 3 weeks ago by a very close member of his family (not his father) and unless someone is bullshitting he'll be there next season.

Whether or not that'll happen I've no. I know for a fact his family are dyed in the wool Hearts.

His old man's gutted at what's transpired over the last few days. Very few will ever understand the pride in watching your boy turn out for your heroes. Defending his boy after an ill judged statement from the club is his only crime here. That and being a bit naive with the power of social networking.

Parents eh.

It's not in his interest to sit in the stand. The club can demand that he turns up for every game. If he plays and doesn't try then no one will sign him anyway.

A speedy sale is best all round 600-800k should do it unless it's Sevco then 1.5 m.

Well hopefully we will no sooner rather than later. Hope you are right.

Simply that I suspect there's a common theme with the agent in question. We should be doing what we can to steer our youth products away from him. I know hibs are trying to do the same with one or two agents as they are absolutely not interested in player development only what cash can be achieved and they also have an unhealthy relationship with a club in the west.

Or we could use the same tactic that Alex Ferguson used at Man Utd, he would advise young players who were considering signing up with agents who " Fergie believed " did not have the players or Manchester Utd's best interest, he would tell the player that it would effect his decision in picking them for the first team.

We can't have a particular agent having that much influence in the club, if is to be believed said agent is responsible for Holt, King, Paterson, Nicholson & Walker, a blind man can see a pattern emerging

The Real Maroonblood

I know you are joking but it was actually Ian Duncan who owned it as well as Thomson's TV shop. He had a few other pubs as well, The Partridge & Pear Tree as well as Maxie's Bistro.

Where was The Patridge & Pear Tree?

Nookie Bear

Or we could use the same tactic that Alex Ferguson used at Man Utd, he would advise young players who were considering signing up with agents who " Fergie believed " did not have the players or Manchester Utd's best interest, he would tell the player that it would effect his decision in picking them for the first team.

We can't have a particular agent having that much influence in the club, if is to be believed said agent is responsible for Holt, King, Paterson, Nicholson & Walker, a blind man can see a pattern emerging

I know agents perform a role but they are toxic.

I know agents perform a role but they are toxic.

The club must always have the balance of power, you can't under any circumstances have a player or a particular agent calling the shots and having any negative influence in the club or dressing room

I'd happily sell Walker for ?1m+ but it's hard to imagine anyone paying that for him.

He's done well but injuries have cost him his pace and he looks like he's thrown in the towel.

If we can get ?1m throw half at the stand and add another couple of smallish fees for quality players like Goncalves and that'll be good business.

I don't know if his family are Rangers supporters or not but I have heard that he is going there on a 3 year deal.  My source was told that 3 weeks ago by a very close member of his family (not his father) and unless someone is bullshitting he'll be there next season.

I've posted on the other Walker thread that albeit Twitter rumours, so likely bullshit but Norwich have turned down TRFCs ?1m bid for Dorrans that in reality is less than ?0.5m structured over 4 installments.

If so and he's Rangers bound next season our side of the deal isn't going to be very attractive.

And I echo any views that it is far from guaranteed Jamie will have a long top level career and Ibrox just now via say a pre contract and pissing off Hearts fans, apart for the hard cash element, may be far from his best option.

I really feel for him. He's a quiet unassuming lad but being pulled from pillar to post.

Jamtarts-1874

Let's get loads of good young Scottish lads in though........ always the first to run away. Paterson, Walker and Nicholson.

Riccarton3

I've posted on the other Walker thread that albeit Twitter rumours, so likely bullshit but Norwich have turned down TRFCs ?1m bid for Dorrans that in reality is less than ?0.5m structured over 4 installments.

If so and he's Rangers bound next season our side of the deal isn't going to be very attractive.

And I echo any views that it is far from guaranteed Jamie will have a long top level career and Ibrox just now via say a pre contract and pissing off Hearts fans, apart for the hard cash element, may be far from his best option.

I really feel for him. He's a quiet unassuming lad but being pulled from pillar to post.

Well, it's time to grow up, on and off the pitch. He's been at Hearts for a few years and there is nothing in me that hurts at the thought of him going, even down the M8. And the 'Rangers fan', 'dyed in the wool Jambo' debate is just nothing. Pointless.

portobellojambo1

This is a debate I just didn't really want to get involved in. But there are one or two things that do tend to get you thinking about what you read online and what you know/hear in general. Do I know Jamie's old man, yes, we ain't what I'd class as close friends as such, but I do know him and have spent time with him socially. Do I think he is the sort of person who would piss off HMFC, no. Do I think he is the sort of person who would protect his son's interest, yes, ask Glasgow Celtic FC, they had to fight to keep information out of the papers after he went on the warpath. Have I heard anything about recent offers to Jamie, yes, would those offers have made him the highest earner at Tynecastle, no. One of the highest, if not the highest paid home grown players at Tynecastle was another looking to leave, and he was on less than ?1k per week. If, in February of this year, HMFC were making one of those players the highest paid players at Tynecastle, and if that player did accept would I have expected the club to broadcast that as big news, yes 100%. Did they, no. Have the club provided any sort of update on ST sales to date, no, are there stories going about that the numbers actually being taken up are the lowest in history, yes. Would it seem possible that the club might consider producing information which may influence additional sales, yes of course. Do I know Jamie didn't/doesn't want to leave HMFC, does it seem possible that said player losing form could potentially be linked to him feeling like an offer made was a kick in the teeth rather than him being disappointed with the head coach who has never done anything other than praise him in public. To me it does, if we had genuinely made Jamie an offer in February to make him the club's highest paid player I genuinely think we'd be singing this from the rooftops.

Why would the club make such a statement now, to boost ST sales maybe, seems 100% logical from the club's point of view. Unfortunately it does seem like a situation where wait and see is the only real option. If I genuinely thought the number of ST ticket sales was on a par with or better than previous years I think the website would be banging out this news regularly, there again if ST sales are as piss poor as some stories suggest does silence seem understandable, yes.. Is it possible that come the end of ST sales, and if other things mean the numbers aren't as bad as anticipated might we hear a story that Jamie is staying and has accepted an increased offer made to him, I wouldn't discount it.

It is a strange situation, no doubt about that.

stirlingshirejambo

Why would the club sing from the rooftops that Walker had verbally agreed a deal in February

If they did then they'd look pretty stupid if (as looks likely) he changed his mind

The only time to sing from the rooftops is when said deal was signed

Riccarton3

Why would the club sing from the rooftops that Walker had verbally agreed a deal in February

If they did then they'd look pretty stupid if (as looks likely) he changed his mind

The only time to sing from the rooftops is when said deal was signed

Do I think, do I know, do I not like that. Ach, i suppose it's what you expect on forums like these. Exhausting. What we sell (season tickets)is what we sell. The club has a core support and anything else is liable to fluctuation. And players leave for mair money.

Walker's frailties have meant the outcome of him leaving for nothing was a stick on.

This is a debate I just didn't really want to get involved in. But there are one or two things that do tend to get you thinking about what you read online and what you know/hear in general. Do I know Jamie's old man, yes, we ain't what I'd class as close friends as such, but I do know him and have spent time with him socially. Do I think he is the sort of person who would piss off HMFC, no. Do I think he is the sort of person who would protect his son's interest, yes, ask Glasgow Celtic FC, they had to fight to keep information out of the papers after he went on the warpath. Have I heard anything about recent offers to Jamie, yes, would those offers have made him the highest earner at Tynecastle, no. One of the highest, if not the highest paid home grown players at Tynecastle was another looking to leave, and he was on less than ?1k per week. If, in February of this year, HMFC were making one of those players the highest paid players at Tynecastle, and if that player did accept would I have expected the club to broadcast that as big news, yes 100%. Did they, no. Have the club provided any sort of update on ST sales to date, no, are there stories going about that the numbers actually being taken up are the lowest in history, yes. Would it seem possible that the club might consider producing information which may influence additional sales, yes of course. Do I know Jamie didn't/doesn't want to leave HMFC, does it seem possible that said player losing form could potentially be linked to him feeling like an offer made was a kick in the teeth rather than him being disappointed with the head coach who has never done anything other than praise him in public. To me it does, if we had genuinely made Jamie an offer in February to make him the club's highest paid player I genuinely think we'd be singing this from the rooftops.

Why would the club make such a statement now, to boost ST sales maybe, seems 100% logical from the club's point of view. Unfortunately it does seem like a situation where wait and see is the only real option. If I genuinely thought the number of ST ticket sales was on a par with or better than previous years I think the website would be banging out this news regularly, there again if ST sales are as piss poor as some stories suggest does silence seem understandable, yes.. Is it possible that come the end of ST sales, and if other things mean the numbers aren't as bad as anticipated might we hear a story that Jamie is staying and has accepted an increased offer made to him, I wouldn't discount it.

What I take out of all this is that HMFC are lying and someone you kinda know is not.....would that be a fair summary?

Strong words from pj1. Not sure why the club would lie in an official statement though.

sairyinthat

Cheerleader who's gas is at a peep perhaps?

bauld willie

If what you say is true, it helps prove there are always two sides to a story and I understand your reluctance to get involved.

I think the club is struggling for money and that is the root of the problem.

Walker also did not help himself by apparently agreeing a new contract with the club, before reneging on it. It was also on radio Scotland earlier that the contract offer was still on the table.

I don't believe the club would lie. If it wasn't the case they could just say nothing.

Not saying his dad has lied either, probably not known the full story and tried to defend his son.

Surely they wouldn't broadcast it until the deal was done.

bauld willie

I don't believe the club would lie. If it wasn't the case they could just say nothing.

Not saying his dad has lied either, probably not known the full story and tried to defend his son.

Surely they wouldn't broadcast it until the deal was done.

The story was growing arms and legs on social media and something had to be done, the club was right to try and quell the fire.

The press release did seem rushed as the quality was not brilliant, but I dont believe there is anything incorrect in it. It doesn't stop both sides being somewhat economical with the truth however.

Hopefully Walker will still sign this contract, otherwise this story may well have some life in it yet. If Walker does move on, his account would be interesting though.

The story was growing arms and legs on social media and something had to be done, the club was right to try and quell the fire.

The press release did seem rushed as the quality was not brilliant, but I dont believe there is anything incorrect in it. It doesn't stop both sides being somewhat economical with the truth however.

Hopefully Walker will still sign this contract, otherwise this story may well have some life in it yet. If Walker does move on, his account would be interesting though.

So you are accusing the club of lying in an official statement?

Glamorgan Jambo

Thanks for sharing.

Dougie Masterton

How would anyone know what the players are being paid? If the club say he was going to be the highest paid player (not home grown) at the club, I tend to believe them.

And your comment about the club shouting from the rooftops about the offer, they couldn't possibly comment until it was signed. The question is what made him change his mind after agreeing the new contract? I do agree that the season ticket sales will be lower but the lowest in history. Nah no chance.

bauld willie

So you are accusing the club of lying in an official statement?

What!

Try reading it again. In fact let me reiterate want I wrote:

What!

Try reading it again. In fact let me reiterate want I wrote:

Economical with the truth.....you said it yourself. Lies.

If what you say is true, it helps prove there are always two sides to a story and I understand your reluctance to get involved.

I think the club is struggling for money and that is the root of the problem.

Walker also did not help himself by apparently agreeing a new contract with the club, before reneging on it. It was also on radio Scotland earlier that the contract offer was still on the table.

This is the most important thing as far as I'm concerned.

For that alone he can bolt and when you take into consideration his love affair with the Huns I'm amazed so many "Hearts Fans" are taking his side against the club.

bauld willie

Economical with the truth.....you said it yourself. Lies.

You are looking for things that are not there mate, honestly.

I categorically stated, "I don't believe there is anything incorrect in it".

I will put in here once again so you can reevaluate.

bauld willie

For that alone he can bolt and when you take into consideration his love affair with the Huns I'm amazed so many "Hearts Fans" are taking his side against the club.

Couldn't agree more.

You are looking for things that are not there mate, honestly.

I categorically stated, "I don't believe there is anything incorrect in it".

I will put in here once again so you can reevaluate.

Revaluated mate. " Doesn't stop both sides being economical with the truth"

Insinuations again much like when you jumped all over Levein taking cash when the takeover to FOH goes through.

Armageddon

Walkers agent working his 'shop front' off to get him to Rangers, they've zero cash though.  Walker is going to have to sit this one out for a year as we ain't giving him away.

bauld willie

Revaluated mate. " Doesn't stop both sides being economical with the truth"

At least this time you have conveniently added the crucial part of my original, "both sides". Which does somewhat minimise your perception of my anti Hearts agenda.

Regarding the Levein thing, it wasn't about "taking cash" it was whether there was any financial gain for being a board member during the sale to FOH, outwith anything Budge choses to give him. I didn't raise this question of course, which you knew, but I did genuinely think it was a good question. As soon as more facts came on the thread however, you will notice I dissappeared.

You believe what you like though.

sairyinthat

At least this time you have conveniently added the crucial part of my original, "both sides". Which does somewhat minimise your perception of my anti Hearts agenda.

Regarding the Levein thing, it wasn't about "taking cash" it was whether there was any financial gain for being a board member during the sale to FOH, outwith anything Budge choses to give him. I didn't raise this question of course, which you knew, but I did genuinely think it was a good question. As soon as more facts came on the thread however, you will notice I dissappeared.

You believe what you like though.

Like I said Cheerleaders trying to reignite their cause. That fight is over and Walker is a dead man walking he does not want to be here how much plainer could he make it.

Give it a rest ffs if Jamie goes he goes if he stays he stays , agree it was not in the best of interest his dad commenting on social media

I wish the guy all the best for his future HHGH .

Nookie Bear

In fairness, at least he reneged on it with a year to go of his contract because he could have messed around til January 2018.

For me I don't think it was necessary for Levein to mention walker wanting to leave. All the rest of the nonsense could have been prevented.

Get this wee Sevco loving waster out of the club ASAP. His family are all Jambos so there is no excuse for him having a love afair with the Blue Bigots.

the big show

Some nice photos up of Jamie  with Ronaldo's agent and sir Alex at the champ league final ..

socrates82

Interesting but Hearts have a policy of not openly discussing contracts unless forced to so I don't think they would promote a contract offer before its signed.

Partly as surely doing that would alert agents to bump up their asking price?

the big show

Interesting but Hearts have a policy of not openly discussing contracts unless forced to so I don't think they would promote a contract offer before its signed.

Partly as surely doing that would alert agents to bump up their asking price?

GILKS ..  did they not say he was signed or as close as only for him to u turn and move along the m8 ..? 

socrates82

GILKS .. did they not say he was signed or as close as only for him to u turn and move along the m8 ..?

We never reveal specific details of contract negotiations, not that I can see. We do say if we're in talks sometimes.

GILKS .. did they not say he was signed or as close as only for him to u turn and move along the m8 ..?

Have you apologised for your lies yet?

Toxteth O'Grady

This is all just a shitstorm to deflect from the fact that Craig Levein has employed an absolute dud of a manager who had no credentials to suggest that he could do the job.

• davemclaren locked this topic

Archived