The neverending saga of Jamie Walker / no deal, he stays at Hearts (updated)

kila

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The club are not entitled to defend themselves from damaging bullshit ?

Is that what you are saying ?

Anyway he was the one who went back on an agreement to sign a good contract. If Sevco want him they have to pay.

And that is what the poster having a meltdown on here tonight said that Levein did to Skacel - called him a snake for doing it I believe.

Too many agendas being played on JKB these days.

Five to One

If that where he lands up they will have had to pay top dollar for him.

If that's what he actually wants then it absolutely finishes the notion that he is a true Hearts man.

Still don't understand why players like Jack and Walker would want to go to that basket case of a tribute act club. Money is money, but there must be better options out there especially down south.

Did the Club not say that we don't sell players to Celtic or Sevco?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

His valuation won't drop, but what the club receive for him well that's another matter mate, because if he's seriously pissed off about that club statement, he might just do a Calum Paterson and stick two fingers up to the club.

Damaging bullshit? As far as I see it, it's the clubs word against his dads word, and I see no reason for his dad to lie, he's Hearts daft and is understood to be gutted by the way things have panned out.

As for going back on an agreement to sign a new contract, where's the proof? Is it just the clubs word? [emoji848]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why on earth would the club tell such a whopping Lie?

Skacel'sLeftFoot

Strong statement from the Club addressing what they see as lies. By presenting a clear assertion in a public domain, you bet they will be willing to defend it if challenged. Hearts 1 - Walker camp 0. So far.

Still don't understand why players like Jack and Walker would want to go to that basket case of a tribute act club. Money is money, but there must be better options out there especially down south.

Did the Club not say that we don't sell players to Celtic or Sevco?

Didn't Romanov say that before then selling Hartley and Presley to Celtic?

Jambojay84

Wtf is wrong with place, why can't we all just pull in the same direction and hopefully look forward to a good summer transfer wise and an upturn on results come next season ffs we will have a new stand to look forward to aswell. Ok we all know some mistakes have been made and are being corrected but this disharmony between fans can only be detrimental to club long term and every fan outside hearts must be wetting themselves at our reactions. I get that various posters waffle pish and swear by it although as a relatively new poster it all looks a bit agenda driven with a heavy dose of pride(to dig heels in and rightly or wrongly admit to no wrong doing) . Times are hard but will get better. That's all I will say on this, bring on next season we're gonna own that filth from Leith and Glasgow.....oh and that sheepy mob tae.

alwaysthereinspirit

Why would the club release a statement about something that's been said on social media? It's clearly hit a nerve

I guess it depends on the "somethings"  being true or not.

I like the statement. It calls out the real fake news maker uppers for what they are. Well done Hearts. Once again you did good.

jamboinglasgow

So another example of family of footballer making things worse when they think they are trying to help.

Spot on from the Club.

Glad they're finally responding in strong terms, as there are far too many of our fans who, from Levein, to Budge, to Neilson, to singing and now to Walker, insist on telling the time on their watches by Welt O'clock.

Five to One

Didn't Romanov say that before then selling Hartley and Presley to Celtic?

Bit of a difference between what a thick as mince despot owner said and the current owner no?

Wouldn't go as far as saying hatred. A dislike yes. For reasons stated on EVERY thread.

FTFY

Bull's-eye

Fair play to the club on this. Kinda makes the family members claims quite ridiculous and trouble making.

If hes done a U-turn after agreeing then good riddance don't let the door hit yer erse on the way out.

Sausages.

Bit of a difference between what a thick as mince despot owner said and the current owner no?

Agree. Don't recall the club making any such statements recently though. In fact we were apparently quite easy to deal with over Holt. Guess we would only sell to them if it was in our best interests, and rightly so.

sairyinthat

:rofl:

Good to see the first reaction on here was to point score. I'm more concerned that the club made the statement in the first place because they feel the rumours are damaging. CL is a big boy so I'm wondering if they think the rumours are hurting ST sales?

So rather than rail against lies being told.You take issue the Club makes a statement.Your well suited to be in Ned Kelly land

Walker is well within his rights to refuse a new deal.

Levein (and Hearts) are well within their rights to state this publicly.

Hearts were also right to clarify rumour-mongering which could have cost them goodwill.

Neither have done anything wrong.

I still think there is an underlying issue at the club.

Nicholson, patterson, struna, walker have been offered ontracts and all of them have turned them down.

Cathro and levein have a huge summer ahead to make a happy squad for the new season.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Scarily this gimp is a Hearts fan and not a very clever one at that. Easily found on Facebook with username weirdly. Also to confirm he did actually post on the Dalry pub owner's Facebook page "get me a meet with Craig Levein" there's no reasoning with these kind of people he's a buffoon!

Jamboelite

Nicholson, patterson, struna, walker have been offered ontracts and all of them have turned them down.

Cathro and levein have a huge summer ahead to make a happy squad for the new season.

But Berra signed ? The rest are chasing money.

stranraer-jambo

The Club obviously budgeted for Jamie's (high) salary but it was not accepted. Assumption being that this money may still be available for a quality replacement.

As I said on another thread I know we made approaches in January for Stevie May and Michael O'Halloran but both were out our wage structure then (don't know about now). Perhaps one or both or someone similar could be enticed.

Every cloud and all that.............

This thread took a surprising turn.

Na, mate. Deflection, pure and simple.

Son Of Anarchy

Scarily this gimp is a Hearts fan and not a very clever one at that. Easily found on Facebook with username weirdly. Also to confirm he did actually post on the Dalry pub owner's Facebook page get me a meet with Craig Levein" there's no reasoning with these kind of people he's a buffoon!

:gok:

Oh and :rofl:

swanvestas

The club should be more professional than lashing out at internet hearsay. They did similar last year when they released a statement about transfer speculation. Doesn't really paint Walker in a great light either. Fair play for taking a stand, but I could have done without that statement.

Totally agree, statement sounds more like some totalitarian edict from a disgruntled director as opposed to transparency

Folks. Me and Ryan Jarman are waiting out the back of the Wheatfield for this battle. If you don't get here soon I'm going to knock down the other cable end on the main stand........im that angry!!!

They are chasing money, but I personally feel if we had an experienced manager the players may be willing to stay to learn from the manager.

Cummings for example signed a 4 year deal with hibs when he could of moved on for more money, it's just disappointing that 3 of our best young players want to let contracts run down

socrates82

Totally agree, statement sounds more like some totalitarian edict from a disgruntled director as opposed to transparency

Club says we offered to make Jamie the highest player at the club to clarify rumours and that's a totalitarian edict?

**** Off.

Jambo 4 Ever

Folks. Me and Ryan Jarman are waiting out the back of the Wheatfield for this battle. If you don't get here soon I'm going to knock down the other cable end on the main stand........im that angry!!!

So what do you make of this Walker situation?

Geoff Kilpatrick

So rather than rail against lies being told.You take issue the Club makes a statement.Your well suited to be in Ned Kelly land

:wtfvlad:

I've no issue with the club making a statement. I'm asking myself why now given the utter drivel that pollutes the club Facebook page all the time.

Geoff Kilpatrick

So what do you make of this Walker situation?

There is no situation.

Jamie walker is hearts only sellable assett..there has been a major balls up in the costings for the new stand .(still no m+e contractor appointed) they had to rip up the design and start again andthe new design is still out to tender.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Jamie walker is hearts only sellable assett..there has been a major balls up in the costings for the new stand .(still no m+e contractor appointed) they had to rip up the design and start again andthe new design is still out to tender.

Source?

**** knows what's going on at the club right now. it looks as if Leveins pre-mediated this whole thing to stick up for the club from his interview to the baiting to this statement. Fair play to him but keep it in house and we get more money. I would love to know what changed Walkers mind. One way or another he's gone, the club have shat on him big time when he's still contracted.

Geoff Kilpatrick

**** knows what's going on at the club right now. it looks as if Leveins pre-mediated this whole thing to stick up for the club from his interview to the baiting to this statement. Fair play to him but keep it in house and we get more money. I would love to know what changed Walkers mind. One way or another he's gone, the club have shat on him big time when he's still contracted.

The Walker contract is the dead cat on the table. He's given Cathro a pass in bizarre fashion but the media has another story to run with.

Boyces beard

To be honest i think his old man is the one that has "shat on him"

Jambojay84

nah I'm oot, cannae find ma ladder to go with ma table and chair so I'm no playin [emoji36]

Listen any you twats wanna get wide with me bring it on I ain't scared and I still stand by my comments last night levein is a poisonous twat and if ur all gonna be sucked in by him see you all when we are in the championship

Levein has done okay

I'd be looking to change things in 2 or 3 years

His main job has been to sort out and develop the youth set up which is often forgotten in all this chat

Football is a tough business and it's not unusual for people to not get on. Nor is it unusual for people that may not be likable to do a good job.

Punks No Deid

Walker is well within his rights to refuse a new deal.

Levein (and Hearts) are well within their rights to state this publicly.

Hearts were also right to clarify rumour-mongering which could have cost them goodwill.

Neither have done anything wrong.

I agree, I would like Jamie to stay but if he's not gonna sign an extension then get him sold. IMO the club have done everything they could and have been totally clear. Leave for a decent fee down south? Good luck Jamie. Go west? I wish u nothing but sheeeeiiite

If he was a massive Jambo he'd sign the new contract then ask to be transferred so the club would get a fee.

Sneaking out on a free is pish.

He's not going to be free if he leaves before the end of his contract unless the club just want rid of him and he agrees to go.

The problem now with this story coming out is that it has probably devalued his worth to the Club as any suitors know the story.

Source?

My mate who's been asked to be involved in the Clark of works side of stuff for the m+e works .

Read the club statement again and must say I'm very surprised that they have said Jamie has chosen to see out the final year of his contract before leaving.

Did Jamie not see what happened to Paterson? As much as I like Jamie, he will not be in the same demand as Paterson, especially if recovering from a serious injury. Very high risk strategy being employed here if that's the case.

alwaysthereinspirit

This. If a player wants 10,000 and Hearts offer 5,000. Why are Hearts the bad guy when the player says thanks but no thanks. Hearts have clearly stated for 3 years now they will have somewhat of a salary cap. Hearts are 100% correct in what they said regarding Walker. Walker may well want to stay but not for the money offered. That's his prerogative. No hard feelings. The grass isn't always greener. Good luck to him unless he goes to another Scottish team. Then I hope he has a hard time.

Here's some info about skacel. He was offered a deal then levein toke it off the table my source a respectable businessman who knows rudi

Thank feck

Helped get Raith relegated

Levein explained politely and clearly why he didn't want to sign Skacel i.e. a lack of pace.

We did okay in the Championship. Walker, King and Nicholson ripped it up.

King Of The Cat Cafe

I am not saying you are wrong, but I think we are seeing a "what about me?" tendency among some of our players.

Players nowadays seem to count success as being wanted by other clubs. Paterson wanted away (and we know bids were knocked back) so maybe Nicholson and Walker started to think they should get a move too.

Loyalty to a club seems to go out the window when money starts talking.

Geoff Kilpatrick

My mate who's been asked to be involved in the Clark of works side of stuff for the m+e works .

Cool. Jamie Walker and Percy Dawson will become an awesome quiz question in that case.

Whatever way you look at it I find it sad that the Club has come to this, and Hearts fans are so divided. I thought the Romanov years were bad but the fact is that Levein was always going to be a figure of division and not unity!

• davemclaren locked this topic

Archived