The neverending saga of Jamie Walker / no deal, he stays at Hearts (updated)

kila

wlliamgerrard is a Hearts man. Spoke to him on the train after a game at the start of the season.

I go to every game. Probably know him and chat regularly too.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This. If a player wants 10,000 and Hearts offer 5,000. Why are Hearts the bad guy when the player says thanks but no thanks. Hearts have clearly stated for 3 years now they will have somewhat of a salary cap. Hearts are 100% correct in what they said regarding Walker. Walker may well want to stay but not for the money offered. That's his prerogative. No hard feelings. The grass isn't always greener. Good luck to him unless he goes to another Scottish team. Then I hope he has a hard time.

You've made a good point. It is possible Walker didn't want to leave, and the club wanted him to stay, but the wages wanted were just too much.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Whatever way you look at it I find it sad that the Club has come to this, and Hearts fans are so divided. I thought the Romanov years were bad but the fact is that Levein was always going to be a figure of division and not unity!

I don't think Levein is divisive. I think he isn't doing his job very well.

alwaysthereinspirit

My mate who's been asked to be involved in the Clark of works side of stuff for the m+e works .

Is your mate related to any other Edinburgh Clerks by any chance?

Walker wants to test himself at a higher lever fair enough and the club wishes to get paid whilst they still can. Good business for everyone involved if we get a decent fee for him, but If he gets an average offer from sevco say that in line with high earner at hearts I'd hope he turns them down and commits his future to hearts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At least help us out of that League Cup group

Staggering how many people are falling for the clubs bullshit, and how many people are saying it's good business sense. Jamie can now dig his heels in and not move anywhere, and then leave for nothing, it's not really the best idea to piss your prize asset off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah

Making him highest paid player at club must be a real bummer

Lord Beni of Gorgie

The statement could have simply been a few words. Roasters speak shite on social media. And it will never cease. It's a 21st century disease

Jamie walker is hearts only sellable assett..there has been a major balls up in the costings for the new stand .(still no m+e contractor appointed) they had to rip up the design and start again andthe new design is still out to tender.

Excuse my ignorance/stupidity but what is an M&E contractor?

Levein has done okay

I'd be looking to change things in 2 or 3 years

His main job has been to sort out and develop the youth set up which is often forgotten in all this chat

Football is a tough business and it's not unusual for people to not get on. Nor is it unusual for people that may not be likable to do a good job.

He's done great with the youth academy..but surely his main job is to have a successful first team?

That's the really disappointing part of the statement for me, the fact that Jamie apparently said he'd sign the contract and then changed his mind. His prerogative I suppose, but does make you wonder if his head has been turned, or if he's acting on advice from an agent.

It is just possible the timing could relate to the recruitment of a new manager and revised recruitment policy at a well known club

Surely Jamie Walker (and his dad) can't be hewn from the same stock as Tommy Walker - a gentleman and PHM. Very sad that it has come to this. As a Hearts supporter of 50+ years I would never ever develop an affinity with any other football club - most certainly not one of the Glasgow bullies who have helped Sky absolutely destroy Scottish football. I like Jamie as a player and don't want him to leave but if he doesn't want to play for my team anymore then so be it. Better players than him have exited the club. What I don't understand is why we seem unable to keep our young players happy. There seems little point in developing our own players if they are going to shaft the club particularly when these young players claim to be supporters. It is particularly sore to lose Paterson, Nicolson and Walker all at once but it is not a new phenomenon - as evidenced by Paul Ritchie and Allan Johnston in recent history.

I've nowt to add other than to say that this 'local businessman' that seemingly spread rumours about Skacel will be absolutely cringing at the way he's being spoken of on here.

If someone's told you somethin in confidence then for **** sake keep yer mouth shut.

mechanical and electrical contractor

Mechanical and Electrical contractor

. A hearts fan who won't stand by and watch some clowns ruin our squad. 306 loyalty points aswell plus don't really care if people don't like me I won't lose sleep over it my real friends who are hearts fans can see the bigger picture and Jamie's dad is 100 per cent correct leveins comments lately is shocking also with Cathro who shouldn't even be getting next season ps how many idiots on here pay over 200quid to foh and have a season ticket im 100per cent a jambo

I put you down as a Tommy Wright/ no Director of football Man

sairyinthat

**** knows what's going on at the club right now. it looks as if Leveins pre-mediated this whole thing to stick up for the club from his interview to the baiting to this statement. Fair play to him but keep it in house and we get more money. I would love to know what changed Walkers mind. One way or another he's gone, the club have shat on him big time when he's still contracted.

Ask his Dad or equally that guy WilliamGerrard.But why would you want to know in the first place.He want's to move the Club is obliging him end of.

I am not saying you are wrong, but I think we are seeing a "what about me?" tendency among some of our players.

Players nowadays seem to count success as being wanted by other clubs. Paterson wanted away (and we know bids were knocked back) so maybe Nicholson and Walker started to think they should get a move too.

Loyalty to a club seems to go out the window when money starts talking.

It is and what you have described is clearly going through the players minds.

I just wonder if the players also look at the way certain other teammates have been treated in the squad and are worried it may happen to them in future, players such as ozturk, oshinwa, sammon, rherris, kitchen, juanma have been or are currently being forced out of the squad. That has to have an effect on players wanting to sign new contracts.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

It's a shame, I thought Walker had screwed the nut after having a kid.

Players who used these kinds of tactics to get a move never achieve their true potential in the game - Ritchie, Webster and, dare I say it, Skacel being the prime examples.

Compare that to the likes of Naysmith, Gordon, Cameron, Niemi, McCann and Berra. All had the right attitude, worked hard and knew that the right

move would come along regardless of their contract situation.

He's done great with the youth academy..but surely his main job is to have a successful first team?

Tell me where exactly has Levein done "great" with the youth academy?

Why would the club release a statement about something that's been said on social media? It's clearly hit a nerve

truth hurts as they say

It's a shame, I thought Walker had screwed the nut after having a kid.

Players who used these kinds of tactics to get a move never achieve their true potential in the game - Ritchie, Webster and, dare I say it, Skacel being the prime examples.

Compare that to the likes of Naysmith, Gordon, Cameron, Niemi, McCann and Berra. All had the right attitude, worked hard and knew that the right

move would come along regardless of their contract situation.

Good post

williamgerrard

Listen i only passed on information witch i belived to be true seen as my source was from walkers family .Yet far to many people on here far to quick to call people liers on here  i am actually sound in person unless your one off the union jack guys who i hate seeing at hearts games.Then you have some posters demanding where you got your info from sorry sometimes you cant spill the details off the person who told you but .Only people i have issues with at the club is Levein and cathro who clearly aint doing there jobs right but hey sorry for caring about my club but these clowns on here feel free to abuse me just rember i know some off you well and i will be seeing you in person soon you .Anyway this forum is about freedom off speech doesnt look like it the linch mob are well in force these days

Is your mate related to any other Edinburgh Clerks by any chance?

Cool. Jamie Walker and Percy Dawson will become an awesome quiz question in that case.

They mat well be .one difference will be there's no director of football that said Percy asked to leave

Bootboy100

The thing in all of this is if Levein had said this at the Press conference in the first place then there would have been no need for this statement.

Levein said Walker wants to leave the club but all Walker has done is refuse to sign a contract in February. Walker on the face of it hasn't handed in a transfer request to leave the club immediately. we have made a business decision to sell him at the earliest opportunity to make money.

For me the blame for this storm in a teacup lies with Levein as he has been very careful with his words in that press conference.

Beyond parody. This place must be solid gold, diamond encrusted entertainment for the vermin.

Holy shit.

I'm sure we all can see what's happened, however, I do think the wording of the statement was a bit defensive, derogatory and populist. They could have said that Jamie is prepared to "honour" the rest of his contract - "see out" suggests he isn't going to try a leg - a bit shitty. Then to go on and suggest it's all about the fans, in an attempt to paint him as some sort of fifth columnist. No axe to grind with Walker or Levein. Walker is probably our best player (not as good as Levein was), so it should be obvious and no shock at all that he deserves to be paid the most - and maybe by a good whack - certainly, the transfer fee they place on him suggests this. 

Surely Jamie Walker (and his dad) can't be hewn from the same stock as Tommy Walker - a gentleman and PHM. Very sad that it has come to this. As a Hearts supporter of 50+ years I would never ever develop an affinity with any other football club - most certainly not one of the Glasgow bullies who have helped Sky absolutely destroy Scottish football. I like Jamie as a player and don't want him to leave but if he doesn't want to play for my team anymore then so be it. Better players than him have exited the club. What I don't understand is why we seem unable to keep our young players happy. There seems little point in developing our own players if they are going to shaft the club particularly when these young players claim to be supporters. It is particularly sore to lose Paterson, Nicolson and Walker all at once but it is not a new phenomenon - as evidenced by Paul Ritchie and Allan Johnston in recent history.

have you ever met any of them? Genuine question(Jamie or his dad)

williamgerrard

The thing in all of this is if Levein had said this at the Press conference in the first place then there would have been no need for this statement.

Levein said Walker wants to leave the club but all Walker has done is refuse to sign a contract in February. Walker on the face of it hasn't handed in a transfer request to leave the club immediately. we have made a business decision to sell him at the earliest opportunity to make money.

For me the blame for this storm in a teacup lies with Levein as he has been very careful with his words in that press conference.

Wheres your source ,do you have proof  ps beware Levein lovers will be targeting you soon bud good luck with that lol

Fans outrage at DoF for being "careful with his words" scandal.

Staggering how many people are falling for the clubs bullshit, and how many people are saying it's good business sense. Jamie can now dig his heels in and not move anywhere, and then leave for nothing, it's not really the best idea to piss your prize asset off.

This

Wheres your source ,do you have proof  ps beware Levein lovers will be targeting you soon bud good luck with that lol

Thats about the size of it .

Walker rejets new contract offer .

Then club says he's asked to leave .

The club should've just been straight up and said we would like to sell him

Proper hearts boy so he is right enough eh......

Don't let the door hit your arse on the way out jamie.

No place at the club for primadonnas like this any more. Reckons he's worth more than being the top earner at the club does he?

Sound. Enjoy playing for Hamilton in a few years after the rangers ruin you pal.

Another templeton in the making.

siegementality

His valuation won't drop, but what the club receive for him well that's another matter mate, because if he's seriously pissed off about that club statement, he might just do a Calum Paterson and stick two fingers up to the club.

Damaging bullshit? As far as I see it, it's the clubs word against his dads word, and I see no reason for his dad to lie, he's Hearts daft and is understood to be gutted by the way things have panned out.

As for going back on an agreement to sign a new contract, where's the proof? Is it just the clubs word? [emoji848]

Pretty surprised to be reading this from you. Do you honestly believe that the club are going to lie about this on two occasions? Are you seriously suggesting that you will take the word of a supporter - albeit JW's dad - over the person who sunk her millions (regardless of what repayments she will receive back) at a time when we were about to go down the tubes, really?

King Of The Cat Cafe

As someone who was involved in public relations for a significant part of my career, I agree with this.

I do not know how the subject of Jamie Walker was raised at the press conference, but Levein should have stone-walled. Levein 'misspoke' and created the social media frenzy.

The club really should have waited to see what Walker would say before making the statement.

No place at the club for primadonnas like this any more. Reckons he's worth more than being the top earner at the club does he?

Sound. Enjoy playing for Hamilton in a few years after the rangers ruin you pal.

Aye, you're spot on there Erik.

Read the club statement again and must say I'm very surprised that they have said Jamie has chosen to see out the final year of his contract before leaving.

Did Jamie not see what happened to Paterson? As much as I like Jamie, he will not be in the same demand as Paterson, especially if recovering from a serious injury. Very high risk strategy being employed here if that's the case.

I think it would be foolish of the club to keep him now. As Levein said he can go to the highest bidder.

It has been obvious from the effort or lack of it that his heart (no pun intended) is not in it.

I thought it was just because he wasn;t buying into what Cathro is trying to do but now it looks as if his head has been turned.

If he stays at the club then he will be in for a bit of stick from a lot of the fans and he will be mindful of what happened to Paterson so hardly likely to be trying his hardest. 

This is a bit different to the Paterson scenario and at least he tried his hardest for all to see which I don't think is always the case with Walker.

J.T.F.Robertson

Beyond parody. This place must be solid gold, diamond encrusted entertainment for the vermin.

Holy shit.

Spoiled for choice these days.

Sounds nasty. Would antibiotics sort it?

Only an issue if you eat it...

Destruction Derby

Listen i only passed on information witch i belived to be true seen as my source was from walkers family .Yet far to many people on here far to quick to call people liers on here i am actually sound in person unless your one off the union jack guys who i hate seeing at hearts games.Then you have some posters demanding where you got your info from sorry sometimes you cant spill the details off the person who told you but .Only people i have issues with at the club is Levein and cathro who clearly aint doing there jobs right but hey sorry for caring about my club but these clowns on here feel free to abuse me just rember i know some off you well and i will be seeing you in person soon you .Anyway this forum is about freedom off speech doesnt look like it the linch mob are well in force these days

Don't be a first class weapon then you won't have a lynch mob after you as you put it.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

I agree the club could have handled the situation with a bit more dignity but his determination to get sent off and throwing the captains armband on the floor really was poor form.

He also knows exactly what he's doing when liking Rangers content on social media.

I think he's trying to force the club to accept an offer from Rangers and they've replied with a big **** you.

Tell me where exactly has Levein done "great" with the youth academy?

I'm going by the 8 recent signs from academy .that's progress

Mr Brightside

Mechanical & Electrical. They will install the lighting, heating, alarms, communications and power cables within the new stand.

@VladMagic

Why don't our best young players like our club any more.

Craig...?

The answer is here on this thread. It begins with sup and ends in orters. Ironic isn't it?

Mechanical and Electrical contractor

Is it yourself that's been pretty itk on the construction of the stand or am I confusing you with another poster?

Pretty well sums him up Erik.

Pans Jambo

Complete car crash of an incident.

ITK'erz knew FA

Extra ?40 a week

He wants away

Dad says he doesnt

Hearts said we had an agreement but JW changed his mind

Now weve decided sevco are taking him

WTF man?

Is it yourself that's been pretty itk on the construction of the stand or am I confusing you with another poster?

Not confused, thomaso is itk with regards to the construction.

• davemclaren locked this topic

Archived