The neverending saga of Jamie Walker / no deal, he stays at Hearts (updated)

kila

tolcross lad

This is more like a bitter divorce than some breakdown in football negotiations.Despite the club statement we dont have the full picture and probably never will.That the club want to maximise income from Walker or that Walker thinks his future should be elsewhere is not the big issue for me.Its the fact that the situation has turned into such a mess publicly that concerns me.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Deans Jambo

He said, she said, blah blah blah...

None of this pish is making Hearts win football matches. It's a tedious distraction.

Your right, if we had been winning matches none of this shit would be happening!

The rest of the summer should be a joy!

the big show

For the millionth time, he went to a match with Rangers supporting mates and wore a scarf. One of the mates said, "Jamie is 100% Hearts".

Personally, I dont agree with wearing other teams scarves but he wont be the last person to do it.

He was with Jordan Mcghee who is a Rangers fan and being a old firm game at ibrox he most likely thought it was safer to wear a Rangers scarf being in the Rangers end .. only my opinion  .. End of the day he was one of our best players last season along with Patterson and we could do without losing him just like Patterson, This cack he is not this he is not that is utter bs and seems to be a pattern on here , ffs some posters were creaming themselves after the Rangers 4-1 game . This statement does nobody any good and even more so the club as it looks as if it's a big deflect to the real issues and problems they have got them selves in , However i would not count out a counter statement from the Walker family as some seem to be pretty adamant that what has been said is not the case ..  Now Given what has went on this season i would be more happy if they concentrated on getting our signings right and making sure we have got a team on the park that will give there all for the fans and at least show they respect what the fans are doing for the club , end of the day we are all Hearts and not everyone is going to agree with everything that gets said over a internet forum be it right or wrong ..

Jambo 4 Ever

He was with Jordan Mcghee who is a Rangers fan and being a old firm game at ibrox he most likely thought it was safer to wear a Rangers scarf being in the Rangers end .. only my opinion  .. End of the day he was one of our best players last season along with Patterson and we could do without losing him just like Patterson, This cack he is not this he is not that is utter bs and seems to be a pattern on here , ffs some posters were creaming themselves after the Rangers 4-1 game . This statement does nobody any good and even more so the club as it looks as if it's a big deflect to the real issues and problems they have got them selves in , However i would not count out a counter statement from the Walker family as some seem to be pretty adamant that what has been said is not the case ..  Now Given what has went on this season i would be more happy if they concentrated on getting our signings right and making sure we have got a team on the park that will give there all for the fans and at least show they respect what the fans are doing for the club , end of the day we are all Hearts and not everyone is going to agree with everything that gets said over a internet forum be it right or wrong ..

Plenty people can go to a game without wearing a scarf though and why pose for a photo? 

And how do you explain having a photo of his kid wearing a rangers kid and posting it on the internet? 

and also liking Rangers things on social media apparently too?

As for Jordan McGhee, he clearly doesn't want to be here so maybe best for him to go too

Elias Henry Furst

His valuation won't drop, but what the club receive for him well that's another matter mate, because if he's seriously pissed off about that club statement, he might just do a Calum Paterson and stick two fingers up to the club.

Damaging bullshit? As far as I see it, it's the clubs word against his dads word, and I see no reason for his dad to lie, he's Hearts daft and is understood to be gutted by the way things have panned out.

As for going back on an agreement to sign a new contract, where's the proof? Is it just the clubs word? [emoji848]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In the sea of pish that is this thread, this post has somehow stood out. Congratulations.

Taking his dad's ramblings on Facebook over the clubs word? Asking for proof that he went back on an agreement?

You honestly think the club would leave themselves wide open to ridicule, caused by a simple article placed in the press by JW, his agent or a.n.other, if it were untrue?

You think Ann Budge would have allowed that statement on the clubs website if it weren't true?

Honest to God.

ford donald

With the club statement saying Jamie was initially keen to sign then changed his mind, it sounds like his agent has turned his head and/or he has been tapped up by rangers.

Would love to know the real reason he is leaving,offered 3 year deal,highest wage in the team,must have had double the offer,somewhere else!

I believed the club wasn't doing enough to keep Walker and I can see I was wrong with that. I am also disappointed he wants to go, for whatever reason, but I hope we get decent money for him.

I am disappointed that the spirit and morale of the club is at a serious low right now, that this whole episode had to happen. If Jamie is not sold, we could start next season with our best player at odds with the fans, so nobody wins, but I suspect he will head along the M8 for a 6-figure sum.

And I am disappointed at the glee some on here are showing. I got warning points a while back for telling a hibee on here to GTF, so I can only imagine how busy the mods will be today.

But anyway, the statement was not aimed at kickback, it was aimed at one or two individuals close to Walker who accused the club of lying, otherwise where are the statements to refute every other allegation made on here against the club. And "objective is to blacken the name of the club"?  I think results speak louder than some randoms on a message board.

Yes mate, no one wins here. No one likes the constant bickering and fighting. I can't see what it is going to take to make everyone calm down and get back behind the club.

Things aren't perfect but they certainly don't merit the levels of hysteria that are being displayed on here.

I keep telling myself rightly or wrongly that after coming out of administration we would have a 5 year plan to stabalise the club and that it wouldn't all be plain sailing. We all threw ourselves behind Levein and Budge and it was all pretty much Golden for a year or two.

Now that we have hit a sticky period, many seem to want to move the goalposts, change EVERYTHING. I believe we have to see this out for better or worse, whole-scale change again can only massively destabilise all that we and the club have built over the past three years.

Yes mate, no one wins here. No one likes the constant bickering and fighting. I can't see what it is going to take to make everyone calm down and get back behind the club.

Things aren't perfect but they certainly don't merit the levels of hysteria that are being displayed on here.

I keep telling myself rightly or wrongly that after coming out of administration we would have a 5 year plan to stabalise the club and that it wouldn't all be plain sailing. We all threw ourselves behind Levein and Budge and it was all pretty much Golden for a year or two.

Now that we have hit a sticky period, many seem to want to move the goalposts, change EVERYTHING. I believe we have to see this out for better or worse, whole-scale change again can only massively destabilise all that we and the club have built over the past three years.

well said

He was with Jordan Mcghee who is a Rangers fan and being a old firm game at ibrox he most likely thought it was safer to wear a Rangers scarf being in the Rangers end

Why?

Surely the 'safest' option, what with him being a professional footballer, who plays for another club, within the same league, would have been to wear no scarf at all.............no?

SectionDJambo

If a journalist wrote lies about the inner workings of the club, it would be reasonable for the club to put its defence out into the full public view.

Same as if a player, player's relative or friend, or player's agent, who put out a story that made the club look bad, should expect the club to give its, truthful, version of events.

There are some who suggest that Hearts should have said nothing, but they were entitled to stop the negative comments on the wage offer being made to a player, who has decided to leave for other reasons, but seemingly, wants Hearts fans to think the club didn't try to keep him.

There are too many Hearts fans who will believe anything bad being said about the club. It's strange behaviour, maybe excusable in the past, but not now.

Bowmans_Boot

Not that it really matters but I dont think that photo is an OF match, I think he went with Jordan McGhee last season for the semi. The photo being posted is from a few years ago. 

I agree with everything else you posted there: the club need to focus on signing players and being ready for next season, not on winning petty internet battles or scoring points off a young player who has given his entire career to date to us and who has been a quite exceptional player.

Bowmans_Boot

If a journalist wrote lies about the inner workings of the club, it would be reasonable for the club to put its defence out into the full public view.

Same as if a player, player's relative or friend, or player's agent, who put out a story that made the club look bad, should expect the club to give its, truthful, version of events.

There are some who suggest that Hearts should have said nothing, but they were entitled to stop the negative comments on the wage offer being made to a player, who has decided to leave for other reasons, but seemingly, wants Hearts fans to think the club didn't try to keep him.

There are too many Hearts fans who will believe anything bad being said about the club. It's strange behaviour, maybe excusable in the past, but not now.

Do you think making an official public statement against a young player who has been exceptional for us is the way to go for the club we claim to be? We are meant to be a family club, keen on developing and looking after the best young talent. Is this type of action going to endear us to young players/parents with a choice of us/Hibs/Rangers?  It is unprofessional.

Not that it really matters but I dont think that photo is an OF match, I think he went with Jordan McGhee last season for the semi. The photo being posted is from a few years ago. 

I agree with everything else you posted there: the club need to focus on signing players and being ready for next season, not on winning petty internet battles or scoring points off a young player who has given his entire career to date to us and who has been a quite exceptional player.

with what was said about what walker was offered (?40 to ?200 more), would be likely to put off players wanting to sign for us. They could look at it as if their best player has only been offered a pittance to stay why would i want to play for them as they obviously dont look after there current players.

Jambo 4 Ever

Why?

Surely the 'safest' option, what with him being a professional footballer, who plays for another club, within the same league, would have been to wear no scarf at all.............no?

Exactly

Would be sensible

or maybe just decline the offer to go along?  Or not have your photo taken there?

OmiyaHearts

Hopefully we can start signing decent players and look forward to the new season starting.

Hopefully you stop making up lies when posting about the Walker situation.

Quote: 'Levein told Walker he wouldn't make it at a bigger club than hearts when Walker refused to sign a new deal at ?100 extra a month.'

Bowmans_Boot

with what was said about what walker was offered (?40 to ?200 more), would be likely to put off players wanting to sign for us. They could look at it as if their best player has only been offered a pittance to stay why would i want to play for them as they obviously dont look after there current players.

I think official statements from Heart of Midlothian Football Club are likely to have more impact than a post from "MentalJambo51" on a fans message board/facebook page.

Bowmans_Boot

Exactly

Would be sensible

or maybe just decline the offer to go along?  Or not have your photo taken there?

He most probably shouldn't have done it (it was years ago, btw) but I think this is being blown out of all context and do not see the link between that photo and his contract status. 

I think official statements from Heart of Midlothian Football Club are likely to have more impact than a post from "MentalJambo51" on a fans message board/facebook page.

not if its from a family member of a player. look at what has happened on here

Bowmans_Boot

not if its from a family member of a player. look at what has happened on here

Fair point, I dont think his dad acted particularly well here. However, that doesn't mean that the club make a knee jerk official statement putting all of the blame on to Jamie. It could, and should have been dealt with more professionally, particularly when we take every single possible opportunity going to push just how much of a friendly, family, welcoming club we are.

the_jailer

Hopefully you stop making up lies when posting about the Walker situation.

Quote: 'Levein told Walker he wouldn't make it at a bigger club than hearts when Walker refused to sign a new deal at ?100 extra a month.'

Never made up lies you sad *****.

You must have a hard on that you keep on highlighting the stuff I said you must feel real important.

Do you think making an official public statement against a young player who has been exceptional for us is the way to go for the club we claim to be? We are meant to be a family club, keen on developing and looking after the best young talent. Is this type of action going to endear us to young players/parents with a choice of us/Hibs/Rangers?  It is unprofessional.

I think had Jamie's dad not said anything, the club wouldn't have put a statement out.

The club is at least setting the record straight (if you fully believe it, middle ground for me), and that Walker was offered what seems to be a fair and decent deal. Maybe other young players and their parents finding out what Walker was actually offered as opposed to believing the rumours/feud his dad started is better overall.

Hope it gets resolved quickly.  Feels like there's a bit of a poisonous atmosphere around which is the last thing we need when we are trying to attract new players.  Buzz of Berra signing is disappointingly being overshadowed by this and you can sense the club's frustration through the statement.

i wish jj was my dad

He was with Jordan Mcghee who is a Rangers fan and being a old firm game at ibrox he most likely thought it was safer to wear a Rangers scarf being in the Rangers end .. only my opinion .. End of the day he was one of our best players last season along with Patterson and we could do without losing him just like Patterson, This cack he is not this he is not that is utter bs and seems to be a pattern on here , ffs some posters were creaming themselves after the Rangers 4-1 game . This statement does nobody any good and even more so the club as it looks as if it's a big deflect to the real issues and problems they have got them selves in , However i would not count out a counter statement from the Walker family as some seem to be pretty adamant that what has been said is not the case .. Now Given what has went on this season i would be more happy if they concentrated on getting our signings right and making sure we have got a team on the park that will give there all for the fans and at least show they respect what the fans are doing for the club , end of the day we are all Hearts and not everyone is going to agree with everything that gets said over a internet forum be it right or wrong ..

You do realise that this statement was necessary because of the lies being spread by shit stirrers on social media? And the commercial damage it could be causing?

So do I and it's not Jamie's

People need to wise up and accept reality

He was willing to discuss a deal, had agreed it verbally then his agent got wind of possible offers far in excess of our offer..shock, horror the backtracking begins and no deal is agreed.

It's the football way and no surprise but lets not pretend Jamie has no part in this...he's moving for money and that's fine as long as we don't get any friends coming along and telling us how hard done by he feels.

I actually think he wants us to get a fee and not run down his deal and I thank him for that and what he has done with us but fans need to wake up and realise we live in an age where money talks and in this case it has.

PS we may find we sign a player in a similar position and there will be no accusations of what a terrible thing that player has done to his previous club.....that's the football fan way

Im really not interested in Jamie Walkers view on this, I trust the club on what's been said and the reasons, albeit the unusual decision, behind making the statement.

There is a lot of speculation about the why's and wherefores but ultimately football is an odd business when it comes to contracts and players. They move when they decide and chase the money, that's the business and it's always gonna happen.

If I was Jamie Walker I'd be raging that my old man decided to post my business on Facebook. Actually I'd be f****** flaming.

Bottom line is Walker has refused to sign a new contract, in effect telling the club he wants to move on. That's left the club with the only sensible decision to sell him. I'll be sad to see him go but this fiasco, created by himself and made worse by his dad has left me with a tainted view of a special player and I won't look at him as fondly as I would have if this whole sorry affair hadn't been made public.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

William H. Bonney

Fair enough he may have been duped into wearing a rangers scarf at ibrox but to put his son in a rangers strip and pose for a photo.

He's no hearts fan.

Geoff Kilpatrick

You do realise that this statement was necessary because of the lies being spread by shit stirrers on social media? And the commercial damage it could be causing?

The latter point was mine, which that strange chap sairy didn't get. I think the statement was driven by a fear of an impact to ST sales more than anything else. I also think Levein didn't need to bring up Walker in the first place in his press conference.

Bowmans_Boot

I think had Jamie's dad not said anything, the club wouldn't have put a statement out.

The club is at least setting the record straight (if you fully believe it, middle ground for me), and that Walker was offered what seems to be a fair and decent deal. Maybe other young players and their parents finding out what Walker was actually offered as opposed to believing the rumours/feud his dad started is better overall.

I agree that the real truth will be somewhere in between, which is one reason why I disagree with the statement being made. I disagree that it is better overall as I believe having the image of a happy, together and focussed club with a strong team spirit is far more favourable than that of a squabbling one who wishes to score points online. 

Some on here would need a triple scarf..fact :tiny:

Does that make them 33.33% PHM?

Bowmans_Boot

Fair enough he may have been duped into wearing a rangers scarf at ibrox but to put his son in a rangers strip and pose for a photo.

He's no hearts fan.

Perhaps he didn't put his son in a Rangers strip? Just a thought. From personal experience, my son has had non Hearts scarves/tops bought for him by family members. When Hibs were in the SC final in 2001 my ex-wife was going to take my son to the parade had they won. Sometimes it isn't always as easy as, "I am the Dad so my word goes".

And he is 100% a staunch Hearts fan.

GarryJ-o-s

I can see both sides of it. Not sure that so many details of the deal should have been exposed by the club, but I also agree with the posters above who have said that you don't need to hand in a transfer request to let it be known you want to leave.

However, if these allegations of Jamie Walker following all these Rangers players on Instagram in this passive-aggressive manner is true, then it is petulant, immature and quite frankly pathetic.

Usual know all culprits confidently stating that Walker is greedy. Has it never occurred to them that moral at the club is rock bottom and maybe Jaimie has had a look at what has happened to other youngsters at the club and then compared thier shocking treatment to the lavish contracts handed out to Oshinawa, Sammon, Reilly, Martin; and decided enough is enough. Fact is CL is ruining Hearts through the massive ego trip he is on. No other club would have appointed IC as manager and the fact Newcastle made no attempt to keep him is a good indication of how he was regarded.

Usual know all culprits confidently stating that Walker is greedy. Has it never occurred to them that moral at the club is rock bottom and maybe Jaimie has had a look at what has happened to other youngsters at the club and then compared thier shocking treatment to the lavish contracts handed out to Oshinawa, Sammon, Reilly, Martin; and decided enough is enough. Fact is CL is ruining Hearts through the massive ego trip he is on. No other club would have appointed IC as manager and the fact Newcastle made no attempt to keep him is a good indication of how he was regarded.

Utter nonsense. I take it you missed the part in the club statement which said he would become the HIGHEST PAID PLAYER AT THE CLUB.

the big show

A right i thought it was photo when he was at old firm game sorry about that .. I thought it strange Levein bringing up Walker in his press release in the 1st place for me it was like it was done to deflect from the real issues .. either way it only adds to the list of things not right which is why i said they would be better concentrating on getting things right , things were bad enough and season tickets were likely to be down , this latest farce could add to it .. i hope not but it would not surprise me ... 

sairyinthat

Who cares?

You never add anything, just turn up, take the moral high ground, then leave.

We are now in a position where we are losing our best player, probably to rangers and probably for not much cash, probably replaced by some chancer from the English 2nd division, our squad is shit, out Head Coach is shit and our management is a shambles.

But YAY, the club won this Internet bunfight. It's like Romanov all over again.

Savour your victory.

The club was never at any time in a bunfight,The club did react to slurs from guys like yourself impuning their honesty and rightly so.Walker is going and I care not where or who too and the club will get a fee based on his ability or lack of it.You and your gang of instigators lost your bunfight with the Hearts Support and clearly it effin hurts don't it.Are you liking it now.

Utter nonsense. I take it you missed the part in the club statement which said he would become the HIGHEST PAID PLAYER AT THE CLUB.

Absolutely shocking treatment of Hearts best player [emoji849]

sairyinthat

A right i thought it was photo when he was at old firm game sorry about that .. I thought it strange Levein bringing up Walker in his press release in the 1st place for me it was like it was done to deflect from the real issues .. either way it only adds to the list of things not right which is why i said they would be better concentrating on getting things right , things were bad enough and season tickets were likely to be down , this latest farce could add to it .. i hope not but it would not surprise me ... 

Says the Uber Fantasist next time you tell the truth(if ever)Naebody will believe you.

sairyinthat

Absolutely shocking treatment of Hearts best player [emoji849]

Stingin ooyah.

The club was never at any time in a bunfight,The club did react to slurs from guys like yourself impuning their honesty and rightly so.Walker is going and I care not where or who too and the club will get a fee based on his ability or lack of it.You and your gang of instigators lost your bunfight with the Hearts Support and clearly it effin hurts don't it.Are you liking it now.

Gang warfare now! :uhoh2:

Nookie Bear

They reacted to Walker Snr, not guys like me. If the club wants to react to every bit of dissent on kickback then there are plenty of other things to make statements on.

As for including me in your gang of instigators chat, i'll put that down to trauma sustained after you fell off your ladder.

OmiyaHearts

Still here spouting lies and fantasy? (not the exact quoted post, but your posting in general)

You've already been shown up to be a charlatan - please give it a rest.

Jambo 4 Ever

Perhaps he didn't put his son in a Rangers strip? Just a thought. From personal experience, my son has had non Hearts scarves/tops bought for him by family members. When Hibs were in the SC final in 2001 my ex-wife was going to take my son to the parade had they won. Sometimes it isn't always as easy as, "I am the Dad so my word goes".

And he is 100% a staunch Hearts fan.

Why pose for a photo with the scarf on AND post it on internet?

Nookie Bear

Still here spouting lies and fantasy? (not the exact quoted post, but your posting in general)

You've already been shown up to be a charlatan - please give it a rest.

CeTsT55WAAAAzUY.jpg

Folk were on here slandering Levein, slagging the club and some imbeciles saying Jamie Walker should sue the club for defamation. Honest to God I am surprised it took the club this long to show them all up as liars and fantasists

Well done HMFC

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

If u read back to my post I wasn't saying he should. I was posing a question that if the club were lying then would he have a case. I also asked why no statement from Walker himself. If you want to check my twitter feed then you will clearly see that I backed the club from when Levein from the minute he first said it.

Bowmans_Boot

Why pose for a photo with the scarf on AND post it on internet?

I dont think he did post it.

Anyway, the obsession with him wearing a Rangers scarf is, quite honestly, pathetic. Now it appears definite that he is leaving, fans are falling over themselves to find reasons for disliking our best player, the most popular player with the fans, the hero for young fans and someone who has given us exceptional service since he was a kid.

HMFC86, on 02 Jun 2017 - 10:44 AM, said:

Does that make them 33.33% PHM?

:2thumbsup:

Pans Jambo

I dont think he did post it.

Anyway, the obsession with him wearing a Rangers scarf is, quite honestly, pathetic. Now it appears definite that he is leaving, fans are falling over themselves to find reasons for disliking our best player, the most popular player with the fans, the hero for young fans and someone who has given us exceptional service since he was a kid.

Exactly. He must be crying reading this thread.

i wish jj was my dad

You must be taking the piss.  Referring to unfounded speculation, opinion or lies as 'facts' is precisely why the club had to go public.  

It's shite that they had to do it but there you are.  A lot of people could really do with looking in the mirror and reflecting why their need to see Cathro and or Levein fail is greater than their desire to see the club succeed.

• davemclaren locked this topic

Archived