The neverending saga of Jamie Walker / no deal, he stays at Hearts (updated)

kila

you think what you want could not give a shit to be honest

Can't even construct a sentence.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it would be foolish of the club to keep him now. As Levein said he can go to the highest bidder.

It has been obvious from the effort or lack of it that his heart (no pun intended) is not in it.

I thought it was just because he wasn;t buying into what Cathro is trying to do but now it looks as if his head has been turned.

If he stays at the club then he will be in for a bit of stick from a lot of the fans and he will be mindful of what happened to Paterson so hardly likely to be trying his hardest.

This is a bit different to the Paterson scenario and at least he tried his hardest for all to see which I don't think is always the case with Walker.

I've maybe misread the statement, but I thought they were saying he was happy to stay and run down his contract. If so, we can't sell him even if we wanted to. Can't see him turning down a good offer though, so I agree he will likely be sold.

His dad said "show us the transfer request". In that sense Walker hasn't said he wants to leave. All he has done is turn down a contract. The club have decided to take that and put their twist on it as him saying he wants to leave. They never said he wants out now but rather at some point between now and his contract ending. Levein Levein was putting him in the shop window which is sensible but they way he has went about this is amateurish.

If he doesn't want a new contract then he does want to leave though. That's just a given when you don't have a new contract. The club would prefer to get some cash, the player/agent are generally interested the best deal for them, so it works best for the club to have him in shop window now. If Walker wants us to get value for him, he'll understand. It's just how the game works.

What's not okay is his dad making up some gubbins to justify not signing a new contract in the first place. It's probably an awkward one for the Walker family given they're Hearts fans, so wont be comfortable saying "look, he just wants lots of cash and won't get it here" but that's not an excuse to make claims about being offered shit money.

davemclaren

The lesson here is not to let your dad fight your fights as it always ends up a big mess. :whistling:

If he doesn't want a new contract then he does want to leave though. That's just a given when you don't have a new contract. The club would prefer to get some cash, the player/agent are generally interested the best deal for them, so it works best for the club to have him in shop window now. If Walker wants us to get value for him, he'll understand. It's just how the game works.

What's not okay is his dad making up some gubbins to justify not signing a new contract in the first place. It's probably an awkward one for the Walker family given they're Hearts fans, so wont be comfortable saying "look, he just wants lots of cash and won't get it here" but that's not an excuse to make claims about being offered shit money.

How do you know his dad made stuff up?

until Jamie speaks up then nobody knows the truth but most of the posters on this thread are just assuming that the club are telling the truth, the first sentence of the clubs statement really made me laugh,

So we're working on the assumption that the club automatically talks shit but Walker will automatically speak the truth? Is that what you're saying??

hughesie27

All I've seen his Dad say is that he hasn't handed in a transfer request. Is there anything I missed?

I agree that declining a contract can be seen as wanting to leave, perhaps he still has half an eye on negotiating though and expecting Hearts to improve their offer.

These questions that very few people know the answer to. Hearts should try and get the best deal for Hearts but and I believe every word of their latest statement. I just can t help feel that Levein has messed up in the press conference. He has hung Walker out to dry for changing his mind.

Buffalo Bill

Hearts have made a strong statement today. Let's see if Jamie Walker, or his dad comes back with anything. 

The whole episode is unfortunate and regrettable but personally speaking, I think letting your auld man rabbit on for you on Facebook is asking for trouble.

How do you know his dad made stuff up?

If he did.... I'm not certain of anything tbh. I'm probably more likely to assume nobody's lying and it's all an unfortunate sequence of misunderstandings. People generally don't get that sneaky and ruthlessly duplicitous, there's usually grey areas, sensitivities and half truths in the mix too.

It's all a bit grim. I really doubt Jamie ever wanted his last few months (or days/weeks) at the club to be like this. It's a little sad. [emoji45]

A very clear statement by the club.

The full situation is always conjecture for us all on here but in my opinion the statement looks very carefully worded. The wording used to describe "see out the remaining year of his contract" and "leaving the club in a no win situation" sounds a little ominous.

Whether he was to change his mind and sign a contract, or, we sold him and get a fee, I wouldn't see this as "no win".

My real concern is that they are possibly hinting at a scenario that they may be aware he is planning to choose not to go anywhere now or Xmas, rejecting any offers (so no fee for the club) and he will wait for a certain cash strapped club to pick him up for nothing at the end of his contract.

Hopefully not and i am maybe reading too much into the wording. Time will tell.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Expert on the subject

POOR statement from the club responding to a Facebook comment from a family member isn't professional and they Still don't address the key point in the levein statement that Jamie asked to leave, Walker senior refuted that but the Hearts statement doesn't mention this, looks like Walker wants to keep his options open and is prepared play out his contract but also looms like Hearts are trying to back him into a corner unfairly IMO perhaps a touch desperate after the way the Sam Nic situation played out. not signing a new deal is not the same as asking to leave!

I think JJ1984 has a valid point. I too would like to know why Walker apparently accepted a deal to be the highest paid player at the club on a 3 year deal and then suddenly changes his mind.

Why would this be? Is it because he is pissed off with Cathro? Has he been tapped by another club which is against the rules so should be exposed if true although difficult to prove. Maybe he has been influenced by Paterson and Nicholson who have also decided to move on.

Thanks.

Another thing that has to be considered, the club have now stated that they offered him the biggest wage at the club which is more or less saying he's the best player at the club yet he agreed then turned it down (if true) . We're basically saying here, after the shambles of six months and people doubting Cathro big time that our *best player* (their words) wants to leave after agreeing to stay. What's to gain out of all of this?

until Jamie speaks up then nobody knows the truth but most of the posters on this thread are just assuming that the club are telling the truth, the first sentence of the clubs statement really made me laugh,

I wonder if he will be allowed to? You'll probably have John Rankin, Hearts coach on the case.

I'm going by the 8 recent signs from academy .that's progress

Only if they make the grade in the 1st team

All I've seen his Dad say is that he hasn't handed in a transfer request. Is there anything I missed?

I agree that declining a contract can be seen as wanting to leave, perhaps he still has half an eye on negotiating though and expecting Hearts to improve their offer.

These questions that very few people know the answer to. Hearts should try and get the best deal for Hearts but and I believe every word of their latest statement. I just can t help feel that Levein has messed up in the press conference. He has hung Walker out to dry for changing his mind.

It seems to me that Hearts have probably pushed the boat out as far as they could by offering to make him the highest paid player and thus one could assume that would be their final offer which he turned down.  From that point, if money is the factor he will need to pursue his career elsewhere.

What press conference did CL mess up?

Or in more simplistic terms, sparkles and plumbers.

Not plumbers

In that case, I'm sure he'll be well aware of what's been said previously.

Over to you Thomaso.

Sorry - not involved with the M&E

Hearts have made a strong statement today. Let's see if Jamie Walker, or his dad comes back with anything.

The whole episode is unfortunate and regrettable but personally speaking, I think letting your auld man rabbit on for you on Facebook is asking for trouble.

Has Jamie Walker asked to leave the club he supports and his family have a long standing affection and affiliation for?

That's what someone at the club rabbited on about a few days ago.

He may have turned down a contract but there's no transfer request, it's the only official way a club can announce a player wants to leave when under contract. What Levein has done is admirable but utterly unprofessional.

It seems to me that Hearts have probably pushed the boat out as far as they could by offering to make him the highest paid player and thus one could assume that would be their final offer which he turned down. From that point, if money is the factor he will need to pursue his career elsewhere.

What press conference did CL mess up?

Alternatively Levein has offered him a great deal, he's said no after saying yes and he's letting his ego take over again? He doesn't have to or even want to want to leave just now but Leveins attitude is he's finished at the club and it would explain the performances from Feb onwards. Feel sorry for Cathro here in this instance to be honest.

colinmaroon

Has Jamie Walker asked to leave the club he supports and his family have a long standing affection and affiliation for?

He may have turned down a contract but there's no transfer request, it's the only official way a club can announce a player wants to leave when under contract. What Levein has done is admirable but utterly unprofessional.

Jamie doesn't want to sign a new deal but let his contract run out so he can go on a free.

Unless you're from the planet Zog, that's wanting away and leaving the club he and his family support with zilch.

The definition of professional is working and being paid for that work, while seeking to further the standing of the "business," particularly financially.

Therefore, Levein has been thoroughly professional.

The ultimate power, because of Bosman, lies with the player but, there is nothing unprofessional about deciding to sell a player who has said he's going to play out the year (perhaps as he has since February) and the club gets nothing while paying a player who is not focussed on his job.

Buffalo Bill

POOR statement from the club responding to a Facebook comment from a family member isn't professional and they Still don't address the key point in the levein statement that Jamie asked to leave, Walker senior refuted that but the Hearts statement doesn't mention this, looks like Walker wants to keep his options open and is prepared play out his contract but also looms like Hearts are trying to back him into a corner unfairly IMO perhaps a touch desperate after the way the Sam Nic situation played out. not signing a new deal is not the same as asking to leave!

The problem is, the family member set off a chain of responses from hundreds of other Hearts fans accusing the club of telling lies. I'm certainly not the only one on here who thinks that the club was well within its right to make a statement. 

Does Jamie Walker support Hearts? I don't know him or his family, but was he not recently photographed at Ibrox with a Rangers scarf around his neck, and has he not been 'liking' several Rangers-related posts on social media over the last couple of days? Funny thing for a Hearts fan to do. I honestly don't care what team he supports though.

The difference between Levein's Press conference and Jamie Walker's dad on Facebook is that Levein is a paid professional doing his job, so no, the two things aren't comparable in this instance.

I'm not privy to Walker's contract situation but Levein made it clear what was said at the press conference and in today's statement from the club, they wrote "Hearts totally refute any suggestion that a member of the club board or senior executive would be less than honest with any information provided to the media or the fans". 

We all have to make up our own minds as to what happened and who to believe. I'm actually not that bothered. It's a shame Jamie's going to Rangers, but we'll just have to carry on without him. He's a great player on his day and seems a nice lad, but better players have left us in the past.

Jamboelite

Yes he has, if he hasnt signed a new deal and has said he wants to try something new then what does it mean?

That by very definition is notifying your employer you are going to leave.

Its not writing an official request but he knew what that meant when he informed the club in terms of us then seeking a fee for him and for him to leave now.

Naive to think both parties didn't understand what that conversation meant for both during contract discussion.

Sorry - not involved with the M&E

Probably the wrong thread but what about other accusations of costings, stand being built to a lower spec than it was designed to, m and e tender still to be decided...or is everything in the garden still rosey?

You absolutely reek of vermin.

One of many on this site these days. Criticise absolutely anything the club does, regularly contradicting themselves. This place has went to shit in the last year or two.

One of many on this site these days. Criticise absolutely anything the club does, regularly contradicting themselves. This place has went to shit in the last year or two.

He's hibs . Bauld wilie is another and don't get me started on our Hamilton friend.

siegementality

Dear god!

siegementality

you think what you want could not give a shit to be honest

You are vermin. And should be hunted asap.

he'll be getting hunted by his sister or maw .

alwaysthereinspirit

If no offer has been received but walker knows they want him that means he's been tapped up.

Against league rules isn't it?

Sometimes.

Bridge of Djoum

Thats if the club are, indeed, telling the truth.

Just **** off!

alwaysthereinspirit

I don't believe you. Well at least the "expert on the subject" bit.

Doctor FinnBarr

Loads more on this thread TBH, bin the lot of the green *******s

Jamie doesn't want to sign a new deal but let his contract run out so he can go on a free.

Unless you're from the planet Zog, that's wanting away and leaving the club he and his family support with zilch.

The definition of professional is working and being paid for that work, while seeking to further the standing of the "business," particularly financially.

Therefore, Levein has been thoroughly professional.

The ultimate power, because of Bosman, lies with the player but, there is nothing unprofessional about deciding to sell a player who has said he's going to play out the year (perhaps as he has since February) and the club gets nothing while paying a player who is not focussed on his job.

Not really.

"Are you signing the contract?" "No I'll keep my options open for a wee while"

That's not asking to leave the club. Handing in a transfer request is. That's what they are they are there for and you would know that, unless you're from the planet zog.

Yes he has, if he hasnt signed a new deal and has said he wants to try something new then what does it mean?

That by very definition is notifying your employer you are going to leave.

Its not writing an official request but he knew what that meant when he informed the club in terms of us then seeking a fee for him and for him to leave now.

Naive to think both parties didn't understand what that conversation meant for both during contract discussion.

Why hasn't he handed in a transfer request then? Refusing a new contract at this time isn't the same as asking to leave.

How it's been allowed to happen I don't know, but you're right. This place needs fumigated.

Not only are you a good photographer, but you are a good poster as well.

100% with you on this & PS keep up the great work on the new stand thread.

Cheers for the kind words bud. The main stand pics are becoming a labour of love...probably because the main stand thread itself is becoming a nice wee safe haven among the sea of negative shite that's JKB these days eh!

hughesie27

Why hasn't he handed in a transfer request then? Refusing a new contract at this time isn't the same as asking to leave.

Correct. Which is where I feel Levein LeBron is at fault. Levein only had to say Walker had decided to reject Hearts offer. People can then make their own conclusions as to why that is without going out to hang a current player out to dry. It also makes it clear that Hearts are in a position to listen to offers.

The whole situation is a shambles now and makes us look very amateurish.

I think Levein comes out of this a lot worse than Walker (who hasn't made any comment yet). I'm not going to suddenly shun him from the squad with a year left because he has decided he doesn't want to commit for 3 more years.

But they oanly oafurred um ?5.10 moar a month. ******* Lhevine and his ego eh, Dens park shitebag eh, ******* shambles eh.

:rofl: arseholes

This. The number of infiltrators on here is ridiculous.

I don't rant

I post with the disrespect a lot of you deserve.

There's a big difference.

The people I disrespect think it's a rant, and that's kind of the point. They can't see their own ass for the trees.

The fact that there is a fan related cancer at this club at the moment isn't a rant.

Sorry to spoil the party.

And for the actual over the top ranting that has actually happened against our club the past few weeks for me to be called out as a ranter also proves my point.

It's ok to rant if you are sticking the knife into Levein and Cathro.

It isn't ok to highlight the shite spoken on here and if you do it's a rant, as accused by those very anti-hearts ranters themselves....

Paradoy but in a shite Katy Griffin type way...

Jambo 4 Ever

Is it just me or does anyone else struggle to work out why a hearts player and lifelong fan, feels the need to be pictured wearing a rangers scarf not so long ago and has also spent the past 6 months liking and acknowledging rangers players and club news on social media? I find it all a bit crass, unprofessional and disrespectful to Hearts who pay his wages and us as fans of our club. Sorry if similar has been posted earlier on this mammoth thread but read page 1 then jumped to 11!

This

He clearly has a lot of talent and the sort of player who we should want to keep.

But is not the smartest!

Toxteth O'Grady

There was no need for Levein or the Club to say anything about Walker until there was an accepted bid for him.

I'd like to keep Jamie and Callum but if making them the highest earners at the club isn't enough to keep them then I don't see how the club can be criticised.

The underlying issue is we won't bankrupt ourselves again for anybody

We can't go breaking banks for players, that's not the way to go.

But we have to ask why have struna, walker, nicholson have been offered contracts, 2 of them hearts fans and all decide they want to leave.

The statement says walker had verbally agreed to the deal and then changed his mind, something just doesn't sit right.

Il also add I find the statement very amateurish, the club appear to take criticism or media talk very personally, something that every club has to go through.

On the plus side we will hopefully replace much of our current squad with players that want to play for the club and fight for every ball. The current squad appears to have a few bad apples so hopefully any new players in will be told what the club is about and what is expected by players like berra and cowie.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The Comedian

There was no need for Levein or the Club to say anything about Walker until there was an accepted bid for him.

In a nutshell. It's a shit storm of Leveins making. All he had to do was keep the matter private. It then got into the public domain, old man Walker opened his trap and the rest is history. A whole load of going nowhere.

We've now weakened our position for selling Walker IMO. Did the journalist even ask about Walker specifically btw?

Or in more simplistic terms, sparkles and plumbers.

sparkies and heating engineers thanks. Less of the plumbers sheight. :D

Not really.

"Are you signing the contract?" "No I'll keep my options open for a wee while"

That's not asking to leave the club. Handing in a transfer request is. That's what they are they are there for and you would know that, unless you're from the planet zog.

Or alternatively...

Jamie are you signing a new contract, making your our highest paid player and reflecting tour importance to the team?

Yes I will....oh wait a minute I just spoke with my agent...No, I do not intend to sign a contract extension at any point and wish to leave at the end of it

Not technically handing in a transfer request but basically saying you wish to move on

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

John Gentleman

There's 3 sides to this story

......and none of them smell like roses.

hughesie27

Or alternatively...

Jamie are you signing a new contract, making your our highest paid player and reflecting tour importance to the team?

Yes I will....oh wait a minute I just spoke with my agent...No, I do not intend to sign a contract extension at any point and wish to leave at the end of it

Not technically handing in a transfer request but basically saying you wish to move on

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Nobody has came out and claimed that was Walkers stance. Hearts have said he rejected a deal. That's all.

• davemclaren locked this topic

Archived