The neverending saga of Jamie Walker / no deal, he stays at Hearts (updated)

kila

Nookie Bear

But that was about Pike not Walker!

Oooh....well played.

(I'll not go down the "WE'RE DOOOOOMED" line)

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oooh....well played.

Don't panic!

Perhaps he didn't put his son in a Rangers strip? Just a thought. From personal experience, my son has had non Hearts scarves/tops bought for him by family members. When Hibs were in the SC final in 2001 my ex-wife was going to take my son to the parade had they won. Sometimes it isn't always as easy as, "I am the Dad so my word goes".

And he is 100% a staunch Hearts fan.

This.

The strip his son is wearing was a gift from his grandad (his mums side - a Rangers fan). Not that it should even matter.

I am dissapointed in lots of Hearts fans from reading these posts (both sides of the argument - probably why I mostly stay clear of KB) and as for posting a photo of Jamie on this thread with his son - why bring his son into it. I'd imagine very hurtful for the Walkers.

Pretty poor treatment to a player who has been with the club since the age of 9 though. Let him get on with it and sign for whoever he wants to sign for - I hope he ends up at MK Dons! ;)

Some Hearts fans are absolute clowns ....

You must be taking the piss.  Referring to unfounded speculation, opinion or lies as 'facts' is precisely why the club had to go public.  

It's shite that they had to do it but there you are.  A lot of people could really do with looking in the mirror and reflecting why their need to see Cathro and or Levein fail is greater than their desire to see the club succeed

And therein lies one side of the fall out! Cathro has undoubtedly failed so far. I don't believe any real fans want the club to fail but some want Cathro out and see his supporters as people who are prepared to let the club fail to avoid seeing the likes of Boyd proven correct. I'm sure both sides of that divide are fans who want the club to succeed. Next season does not look encouraging right now money wise or squad wise so some good news would be good to focus on to boost ST sales. :2thumbsup:

jambopilms

Ffs walker wants to leave to get more wages. Exactly what is happening at Aberdeen right now. They don't have levein or cathro or a bad team spirit. So explain that one. Is it because player want as much money as possible and it won't be at clubs in Scotland bar the two arse cheeks. Still Far too many trolls and hobbos gettting away with shit on KB. Too many fannys desperate to be more offended and upset that anyone else.

i wish jj was my dad

And therein lies one side of the fall out! Cathro has undoubtedly failed so far. I don't believe any real fans want the club to fail but some want Cathro out and see his supporters as people who are prepared to let the club fail to avoid seeing the likes of Boyd proven correct. I'm sure both sides of that divide are fans who want the club to succeed. Next season does not look encouraging right now money wise or squad wise so some good news would be good to focus on to boost ST sales. :2thumbsup:

I'm not sure I completely agree.  

It doesn't look to me like IC has what it takes to succeed but I absolutely want him to.  Some of the nonsense spouted on here suggests to me that there are some who would be happier if he did fail so they could use it to bash Levein. While I read CL's comments as supportive of IC it was clear to me that our 2017 form won't be tolerated much longer and that's probably the right approach to take. 

Where we do agree is that we need some more good news quickly to dampen down the negativity.  Berra was a great start.  One or two more of that calibre would be fantastic.

Ffs walker wants to leave to get more wages. Exactly what is happening at Aberdeen right now. They don't have levein or cathro or a bad team spirit. So explain that one. Is it because player want as much money as possible and it won't be at clubs in Scotland bar the two arse cheeks. Still Far too many trolls and hobbos gettting away with shit on KB. Too many fannys desperate to be more offended and upset that anyone else.

Agree with this but it seems strange that he originally accepted the deal then changed his mind.  (According to Hearts)    Something or somebody must have changed his mind.

Bowmans_Boot

This.

The strip his son is wearing was a gift from his grandad (his mums side - a Rangers fan). Not that it should even matter.

I am dissapointed in lots of Hearts fans from reading these posts (both sides of the argument - probably why I mostly stay clear of KB) and as for posting a photo of Jamie on this thread with his son - why bring his son into it. I'd imagine very hurtful for the Walkers.

Pretty poor treatment to a player who has been with the club since the age of 9 though. Let him get on with it and sign for whoever he wants to sign for - I hope he ends up at MK Dons! ;)

Some Hearts fans are absolute clowns ....

Excellent post. It is cheap, unnecessary point scoring (at best) and there is absolutely no need for it.

How do Hearts fans treat their best player when there are rumours he may leave? Not very well at all, in some cases.

This.

So hypothetically would you put your young son in a Rangers top even if his grandad gave him it?

I certainly wouldn't. In fact why did his grandad give the laddie a Gers top anyway if the family are so Hearts? Looks like they're as much Hearts as.....flying in the air.

The Old Tolbooth

In the sea of pish that is this thread, this post has somehow stood out. Congratulations.

Taking his dad's ramblings on Facebook over the clubs word? Asking for proof that he went back on an agreement?

You honestly think the club would leave themselves wide open to ridicule, caused by a simple article placed in the press by JW, his agent or a.n.other, if it were untrue?

You think Ann Budge would have allowed that statement on the clubs website if it weren't true?

Honest to God.

Ann Budge gets to know what Levein what's her to know, she's admitted herself she takes no part in the running of the football side of the club, and as for Levein, I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him, but we're all entitled to our opinions.

I'll take absolutely zero pleasure in saying I told you so if it goes tits up, in fact, I seriously hope I'm wrong and I'll be the first to admit it, I guess time will tell.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm not sure I completely agree.  

It doesn't look to me like IC has what it takes to succeed but I absolutely want him to.  Some of the nonsense spouted on here suggests to me that there are some who would be happier if he did fail so they could use it to bash Levein. While I read CL's comments as supportive of IC it was clear to me that our 2017 form won't be tolerated much longer and that's probably the right approach to take. 

Where we do agree is that we need some more good news quickly to dampen down the negativity.  Berra was a great start.  One or two more of that calibre would be fantastic.

For a small number this may be true!

Ann Budge gets to know what Levein what's her to know, she's admitted herself she takes no part in the running of the football side of the club, and as for Levein, I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him, but we're all entitled to our opinions.

I'll take absolutely zero pleasure in saying I told you so if it goes tits up, in fact, I seriously hope I'm wrong and I'll be the first to admit it, I guess time will tell.

It's also worth noting that when Ann Budge makes a statement on the Hearts website it is clear that it is from her. There is usually either a picture of her or her name at the end of it.

The latest one has no name credited to it so I would assume that it has not come from her and more than likely CL.

The Old Tolbooth

It's also worth noting that when Ann Budge makes a statement on the Hearts website it is clear that it is from her. There is usually either a picture of her or her name at the end of it.

The latest one has no name credited to it so I would assume that it has not come from her and more than likely CL.

The statement isn't even worded very well, despite what some say on here, the grammar and English used on it is embarrassing in places.

Excellent post. It is cheap, unnecessary point scoring (at best) and there is absolutely no need for it.

How do Hearts fans treat their best player when there are rumours he may leave? Not very well at all, in some cases.

A lot of Hearts fans have turned into total clowns now ... not sure if this is resulting from the success we had winning the championship then the over realistic expectations from some fans since promotion ... which then led to the terrible treatment to Robbie Neilson .... and now this thread....... Jamie has been a great servant to Hearts and this thread just saddens me .... terrible

Jambo 4 Ever

So hypothetically would you put your young son in a Rangers top even if his grandad gave him it?

I certainly wouldn't. In fact why did his grandad give the laddie a Gers top anyway if the family are so Hearts? Looks like they're as much Hearts as.....flying in the air.

Well said

And I certainly wouldn't be posting it on the internet

smiler, on 02 Jun 2017 - 11:45 AM, said:

I was thinking that too,lets say the granddad was a hobo would they put the kid in a hobo top?

The statement was issued by the club. That is how the club view the matter whether or not Levein or Budge wrote it. It is approved by those parties and the club will stand behind that statement.

Jambo 4 Ever

The statement isn't even worded very well, despite what some say on here, the grammar and English used on it is embarrassing in places.

true

If I were you, I would look at your previous post before you start criticising the grammar and English of others.

The statement was issued by the club. That is how the club view the matter whether or not Levein or Budge wrote it. It is approved by those parties and the club will stand behind that statement.

That is correct but they need a name to shoot at.

So why does Ann Budge make statements attributed to her? Does that mean that this is just her opinion and the club don't agree with her, I wouldn't have thought so.

That is correct but they need a name to shoot at.

Indeed. I just wish they would point their "weapons" at themselves.

I wish more that we could find some way of bringing the support back together. The more divisive it becomes, the more I think that there are several on here pursuing an agenda that has nothing to do with supporting Hearts. 

If I were you, I would look at your previous post before you start criticising the grammar and English of others.

You know the argument's gone when you have to unleash the Grammar Police.

Bowmans_Boot

This is becoming pathetic.

You know the argument's gone when you have to unleash the Grammar Police.

You are correct (I assume you mean JM questioning club statement and not my response to it).

I think the contract issue is quite simple. These players can earn a lot more elsewhere. Hearts are hardly unique in that respect.

I completely disagree with your point about the statement. If people are going to spread lies about the club and their employees on social media which risk damaging customer relationships then the club has no option but to set the record straight. It's infuriating to think that some arseholes with a grudge spreading horse shit on here could be damaging the club commercially but I think that's where we are at.

I do agree with your final point and really hope that Berra and Cowie's first priority is to clean up the dressing room.

I don't use Facebook so I have not seen some of the rumours/trash talk that has been flying around aimed at the club. There does currently seem to be an agenda towards levein.

I feel the club just have to be aware that we have now made public a private contractual discussion. We may now be in a position where walker stays but we don't get the best out of him as he has been humiliated a bit in this whole episode. The only real positive outcome is for walker to be sold and Hearts make some of the money back that they would of been expecting for nicholson.

Let's hope the club sign the right players as a poor start to the season will have a large group of fans baying for levein and cathro, which I shamefully will likely be part of.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Indeed. I just wish they would point their "weapons" at themselves.

I wish more that we could find some way of bringing the support back together. The more divisive it becomes, the more I think that there are several on here pursuing an agenda that has nothing to do with supporting Hearts. 

What utter nonsense. The ones like myself who are not happy with lots of things going on at the club are lifelong Hearts supporters, season ticket holders and FOH contributors.

This is why they are airing their displeasure not because of any "agenda". They want Hearts to be a success and are disappointed with how things have been going and want improvement.

Over the years we have had good managers and bad as well as the same for players, the main difference between then and now is that there was no facility such as "Kickback" for people to air their views.

I am sure there would have been lots of varied opinions back then but it would probably have been discussed between mates having a drink before or after a game rather than on a forum like this.

This is becoming tedious. He's decided he's off, having previously agreed a contract that would have made him the clubs highest paid player. Other people decided to slag the club off on social media on his behalf, and the club acted to protect it its reputation. Time to put this to bed and move on.

Answer is Agents promises

Clearly a major problem with Scottish clubs just now as players can go to league 1 and 2 down south for more money

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

So why does Ann Budge make statements attributed to her? Does that mean that this is just her opinion and the club don't agree with her, I wouldn't have thought so.

Yeah okay, whatever.

This is becoming pathetic.

It's not pathetic at all.

You wouldn't be taking this stance if he'd put the laddie in a Celtic top now would you fella?

Who cares really, guys.

Like Magic Johnston, Jamie's banged a few in against the Rangers.

Good enough for me.

Jambo 4 Ever

It's not pathetic at all.

You wouldn't be taking this stance if he'd put the laddie in a Celtic top now would you fella?

Well said

sairyinthat

Oooh....well played.

At least that is funny,shows a glimmer of humour from you a change from the Gloooooom.

I can't be bothered trawling through 16 pages of infighting. So its possibly been covered. This is a worrying development for me.

This could indeed be the work of his agent and that's football unfortunately.

However that's Nicholson Walker and Patterson all refused new contracts. Our brightest young talent. Something doesn't stack up for me. 1 of the 3 is understandable but all of them. The club have to look at and see why it's happening consistently, if it is indeed to do with the agents then that needs looked at by the club before we put the youths on full time contracts.

The club were right to issue the statement but it still raises a few questions.

I was thinking that too,lets say the granddad was a hobo would they put the kid in a hobo top?

I bought my sisters kid a Hearts babygro many years ago. Her husband is a hobo but they still put the babygro on and took a photo. Really not sure what the big deal is!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is becoming tedious. He's decided he's off, having previously agreed a contract that would have made him the clubs highest paid player. Other people decided to slag the club off on social media on his behalf, and the club acted to protect it its reputation. Time to put this to bed and move on.

Too much sense in this post [emoji1376][emoji1376]

OmiyaHearts

I can't be bothered trawling through 16 pages of infighting. So its possibly been covered. This is a worrying development for me.

However that's Nicholson Walker and Patterson all refused new contracts. Our brightest young talent. Something doesn't stack up for me. 1 of the 3 is understandable but all of them. The club have to look at and see why it's happening consistently, if it is indeed to do with the agents then that needs looked at by the club before we put the youths on full time contracts.

I think it'as an indication of the modern, young footballer having their head turned by cash because of agents.

Staying at Hearts may be better for their progress as a player but it seems it's all about money. There's no loyalty in football nowadays IMO.

It's difficult for a club with our resources to match the wages these players can get at lower division English clubs. Not sure how we manage the situations better.

bauld willie

What utter nonsense. The ones like myself who are not happy with lots of things going on at the club are lifelong Hearts supporters, season ticket holders and FOH contributors.

This is why they are airing their displeasure not because of any "agenda". They want Hearts to be a success and are disappointed with how things have been going and want improvement.

Over the years we have had good managers and bad as well as the same for players, the main difference between then and now is that there was no facility such as "Kickback" for people to air their views.

I am sure there would have been lots of varied opinions back then but it would probably have been discussed between mates having a drink before or after a game rather than on a forum like this.

Absolutely correct.

We all want the same thing, success on the park, there are just different routes and opinions on how to get there.

The unequivocal statement from the club in Walker, killed this this issue stone dead and was excellent to see.

Is a pity it's not quite so easy to solve some of our other, football performance related issues with the wider support as everyone has clearly not bought into club philosophy.

Some good transfer signings will help greatly, although they will need to be of a comparable or better quality than we had.

Replacing Walker and his goals will not be easy and recent history with Paterson shows what happens when you can't replace goals.

To get everyone on board again after last season, we really are going to have to come out with all guns blazing next season and carry a bit of luck.

Absolutely correct.

We all want the same thing, success on the park, there are just different routes and opinions on how to get there.

The unequivocal statement from the club in Walker, killed this this issue stone dead and was excellent to see.

Is a pity it's not quite so easy to solve some of our other, football performance related issues with the wider support as everyone has clearly not bought into club philosophy.

Some good transfer signings will help greatly, although they will need to be of a comparable or better quality than we had.

Replacing Walker and his goals will not be easy and recent history with Paterson shows what happens when you can't replace goals.

To get everyone on board again after last season, we really are going to have to come out with all guns blazing next season and carry a bit of luck.

I've been a Hearts supporter for almost 4 decades. I will always be on board, always. Through think and thin, good times and bad. After all that's the role of the supporter.

Hearts will be here long after Jamie Walker, Anne Budge, Craig Levein and all the rest.

I'll support them evermore. Without condition.

Is it really that concerning tho?

All 3 have been at Hearts for many years.

Paterson has developed to the point he had outgrown Hearts, he refused to extend in order to get the best deal for him. He was on the cusp of a ?million+ move was on the cards until he got injured.

Nicholson has been playing poorly for about 18 months, maybe hampered by injury, his attitude lately has been poor and his performances below par. Hearts we're looking to move him on for the development fee, no huge surprise.

Walker is offered a contract to earn the most money any Hearts player has in this new era, he initially agrees then changes his mind. His dad makes an arse of himself and the club intend to sell.

This is pretty bog standard tbh, just look at Ryan Jack as an example!

I knew this close season was going to be interesting, but it hasn't half kicked off with a bang.

King Of The Cat Cafe

I have said on here in the past that it should be a matter of course that statements from the club should be accompanied by someone's name. It is good PR practice, if nothing else.

Generally, I think the club could do with a shake-up of its PR side. The statements that come out from time to time do display a poor standard of English usage; the website is frequently out of date; and there is a general low level of engagement with supporters.

I cannot understand your penultimate paragraph.

Paterson was always going because he wants more (not just money) than we can offer.   Nicholson I don't know much about except that he was recently reprimanded for spitting while Walker accepted the terms of a new contract then reneged.  Re agents some players may not have agents when they get full time contracts and maybe are so desperate to sign anyway that it doesn't matter too much to them.  Maybe you can explain exactly what we should do.

Is it really that concerning tho?

All 3 have been at Hearts for many years.

Paterson has developed to the point he had outgrown Hearts, he refused to extend in order to get the best deal for him. He was on the cusp of a ?million+ move was on the cards until he got injured.

Nicholson has been playing poorly for about 18 months, maybe hampered by injury, his attitude lately has been poor and his performances below par. Hearts we're looking to move him on for the development fee, no huge surprise.

Walker is offered a contract to earn the most money any Hearts player has in this new era, he initially agrees then changes his mind. His dad makes an arse of himself and the club intend to sell.

This is pretty bog standard tbh, just look at Ryan Jack as an example!

Paterson I understand but there's a huge difference between him and the other 2. He was being offered contracts from EPL clubs that's life money if you can see out 3 years.

We haven't developed Walker and Nicholson into the players they should be. Perhaps partly down to their own attitudes but I don't believe that of Jamie Walker.

No big clubs have been knocking our door down for these two. Nicholsons agent seems to be hawking him round the MLS I don't believe that's a career move he planned. Walker to initially agree a deal the do a U turn is strange. What the club don't say is when this happened. I'd like to know the time frames.

When Hibs had their crop of youngsters clubs were at their door. This hasn't happened with Walker or Nicholson and I think the club should be looking at that. We have a number of decent looking youth prospects and I'd like to think this will be looked at. I've no issue with players leaving to better their life's and careers but we should be maximising their value not practically giving them away.

You are correct (I assume you mean JM questioning club statement and not my response to it).

Your assumption is correct.  :2thumbsup:

Remember when Paul Ritchie had his head turned?

Remember when Andy Webster had his head turned?

Remember when Magic had hos head turned?

Where was the faux outrage and accusations that "something at the club isn't right"

This isn't Leveins fault, it is our remit to develop players and then move them on. Unfortunately sometimes they feel they can move on and earn more money before we think they are ready

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

I cannot understand your penultimate paragraph.

Paterson was always going because he wants more (not just money) than we can offer. Nicholson I don't know much about except that he was recently reprimanded for spitting while Walker accepted the terms of a new contract then reneged. Re agents some players may not have agents when they get full time contracts and maybe are so desperate to sign anyway that it doesn't matter too much to them. Maybe you can explain exactly what we should do.

Simply that I suspect there's a common theme with the agent in question. We should be doing what we can to steer our youth products away from him. I know hibs are trying to do the same with one or two agents as they are absolutely not interested in player development only what cash can be achieved and they also have an unhealthy relationship with a club in the west.

• davemclaren locked this topic

Archived