The neverending saga of Jamie Walker / no deal, he stays at Hearts (updated)

kila

These photos have been posted, discussed at length and used as a stick to beat Jamie countless times.

Every single time this happens the explanation behind the photo is given (by several people, including myself) and yet they still get dragged up time and time again. Jamie Walker is 100% a Hearts fan. No question.

You can say it till you're blue in the face mate. Half these pricks would prefer there was a sinister agenda and don't want to hear it.

Supporting Rangers and looking for an opportunity to play for them are two different things entirely. The mob won't entertain it though.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These photos have been posted, discussed at length and used as a stick to beat Jamie countless times.

Every single time this happens the explanation behind the photo is given (by several people, including myself) and yet they still get dragged up time and time again. Jamie Walker is 100% a Hearts fan. No question.

As a Hearts supporter, its probably unlikely I'd choose to go along to a Rangers game, even if it were with Rangers supporting mates.

If however for whatever reason I did go along to such a thing with such people, I'd certainly not feel inclined to wear a scarf and / or a strip of said club, even for the sake of 'fitting in'.

I say that as someone who ISNT an employee of Hearts, and who ISNT in any way recognisable to the general public or at all likely to be photographed in such attire.

If I were an employee of Hearts, I can only imagine that, what with the chances of being recognised by the general public and indeed photographed in such a position being increased tenfold - I'd be even less likely to partake in such a thing.

But he is partial to the Huns too it seems, as apparently half his family are of that type of breed?

Hearts fans follow him on Instagram and he posts a photo of him and his kid in Rangers attire for us all to admire! Great...

Jamie doesn't do himself any favours in this soap opera, just like Levein doesn't. Shambles...

"Type of breed". Please explain.

Nookie Bear

And for the actual over the top ranting that has actually happened against our club the past few weeks for me to be called out as a ranter also proves my point.

It's ok to rant if you are sticking the knife into Levein and Cathro.

It isn't ok to highlight the shite spoken on here and if you do it's a rant, as accused by those very anti-hearts ranters themselves....

Paradoy but in a shite Katy Griffin type way...

Who cares?

You never add anything, just turn up, take the moral high ground, then leave.

We are now in a position where we are losing our best player, probably to rangers and probably for not much cash, probably replaced by some chancer from the English 2nd division, our squad is shit, out Head Coach is shit and our management is a shambles.

But YAY, the club won this Internet bunfight. It's like Romanov all over again.

Savour your victory.

Bowmans_Boot

As a Hearts supporter, its probably unlikely I'd choose to go along to a Rangers game, even if it were with Rangers supporting mates.

If however for whatever reason I did go along to such a thing with such people, I'd certainly not feel inclined to wear a scarf and / or a strip of said club, even for the sake of 'fitting in'.

I say that as someone who ISNT an employee of Hearts, and who ISNT in any way recognisable to the general public or at all likely to be photographed in such attire.

If I were an employee of Hearts, I can only imagine that, what with the chances of being recognised by the general public and indeed photographed in such a position being increased tenfold - I'd be even less likely to partake in such a thing.

I agree with you and wouldnt do that, either. It doesnt make him a Rangers fan, though, and he isnt.

One prominent poster on here said they wore a Falkirk scarf at a game as a way of supporting Scott Crabbe. I dont recall one single negative comment being made about it.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Anyone on here even worn a scarf of a team they didn't support? I haven't.

I'm not bothered as to who is telling the "truth". I find it disappointing that our best player won't be in the team next season, especially when I've no confidence in our recruitment strategy.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I agree with you and wouldnt do that, either. It doesnt make him a Rangers fan, though, and he isnt.

One prominent poster on here said they wore a Falkirk scarf at a game as a way of supporting Scott Crabbe. I dont recall one single negative comment being made about it.

Who? I'd happily give them abuse for that.

I don't really care whether or not it makes him a Rangers fan or not to be honest - what it does confirm he is is pretty stupid though.

Couple it with the liking / commenting / sharing or whatever it was of Rangers content on social media and it only strengthens my point.

I don't doubt he is / was at some point a Hearts supporter. I do think there are some pretty serious doubts over his poster boy lifelong super fan type image though.

Pans Jambo

I like Jamie Walker

& I hope he changes his mind and stays.

There...I said it.

franko1874

I like Jamie Walker

& I hope he changes his mind and stays.

There...I said it.

I'd like him to stay and sign a new contract aswell but he needs to get rid of that agent of his for there to be any chance of that happening.

Hearts offer Jamie Walker the highest wage at the club. Walker rejects it. Hearts fans blame the club.

Hearts try to sell the player rather than lose him for free. Hearts fans blame the club.

Hearts offer Paterson a new deal. He rejects it. Hearts fans blame the club.

Hearts don't try to sell him last summer with 1 year left. Fans moan about losing him on the cheap.

Hearts fans moan.

KingRudiSkacel51

So to summarise.. money talks bullsh*t walks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who cares?

You never add anything, just turn up, take the moral high ground, then leave.

We are now in a position where we are losing our best player, probably to rangers and probably for not much cash, probably replaced by some chancer from the English 2nd division, our squad is shit, out Head Coach is shit and our management is a shambles.

But YAY, the club won this Internet bunfight. It's like Romanov all over again.

Savour your victory.

Getting a bit prickly now that the club have made a clear statement of the situation.

It appears to have upset more than few who have now shown themselves up for what they are as having an inexplicably anti-Hearts agenda.

Despite this clarification of the situation you are using this statement as another stick with which to beat us.

The club must react to accusations of lying by the supporters and the Walker family. Our club's name has been dragged through the mud for years and this latest defamation had to be addressed.

You seem disappointed that the club has come out into the open and cleared up the matter and calling it an "Internet Bunfight" - well I see it as the club fighting back against those whose soul objective is to blacken the name of the club, yet still you trivialise and turn it back on the club.

Also I would rather see "some chancer from the English 2nd division" who wants to be at Hearts play before Walker who does not want to be here.

I now think that, even if this statement reduces any transfer fee the important thing is that the club will not be held to ransom by some wee ned and his greedy  age nt.

upgotheheads

If Jamie wants to leave to develope his career then good, he's entitled to do that even if it's to Sevco.

If a family member or anyone connected to Jamie makes inflammatory social media comments which are lies then bad, that will hurt his reputation.

If Hearts hold out for a proper fee then good, even if he goes to Sevco.

Hearts existed before JW and will be around long after he leaves. If staying in Scotland is the limit of his ambition then I feel sorry for him.

Pans Jambo

I'd like him to stay and sign a new contract aswell but he needs to get rid of that agent of his for there to be any chance of that happening.

Aye but no doubt he will be contracted to his as well (whoever it is).

I agree. I dont see the positives at all.

But hey, we are such a well run, professional, caring family club with our finances firmly under control. We are only 2-3M short on the new stand and our best players want to leave. On the plus side, we will have a (half finished) shiny new stand next season. Brilliant stuff.

About where I am. All of our best young players away was always likely to happen but just the timing isn't great. Our owner and football management correctly drew plaudits when things went extraordinarily well so they have to be able to take some criticism when they aren't. My main bugbear is the trainee manager bit which fell apart when Robbie left and we have a rough road ahead, not due to fans on here bringing the club down but hey some on here are religious in their beliefs and take every concern as coming from some strange non believer or infiltrator.

Back on Jamie I hope we get decent cash and a sizable percent is made available for recruitment but fear neither will happen. Time will tell.

Nookie Bear

Getting a bit prickly now that the club have made a clear statement of the situation.

It appears to have upset more than few who have now shown themselves up for what they are as having an inexplicably anti-Hearts agenda.

Despite this clarification of the situation you are using this statement as another stick with which to beat us.

The club must react to accusations of lying by the supporters and the Walker family. Our club's name has been dragged through the mud for years and this latest defamation had to be addressed.

You seem disappointed that the club has come out into the open and cleared up the matter and calling it an "Internet Bunfight" - well I see it as the club fighting back against those whose soul objective is to blacken the name of the club, yet still you trivialise and turn it back on the club.

Also I would rather see "some chancer from the English 2nd division" who wants to be at Hearts play before Walker who does not want to be here.

I now think that, even if this statement reduces any transfer fee the important thing is that the club will not be held to ransom by some wee ned and his greedy  age nt.

I believed the club wasn't doing enough to keep Walker and I can see I was wrong with that. I am also disappointed he wants to go, for whatever reason, but I hope we get decent money for him.

I am disappointed that the spirit and morale of the club is at a serious low right now, that this whole episode had to happen. If Jamie is not sold, we could start next season with our best player at odds with the fans, so nobody wins, but I suspect he will head along the M8 for a 6-figure sum.

And I am disappointed at the glee some on here are showing. I got warning points a while back for telling a hibee on here to GTF, so I can only imagine how busy the mods will be today.

But anyway, the statement was not aimed at kickback, it was aimed at one or two individuals close to Walker who accused the club of lying, otherwise where are the statements to refute every other allegation made on here against the club. And "objective is to blacken the name of the club"?  I think results speak louder than some randoms on a message board.

Jambo 4 Ever

Shocked that you would fall against the club on this matter!!!!!

Shocked that you had to comment on my comment

Jambo 4 Ever

You're the prick that wanted him to take elocution lessons are you not?

Never said that at all - and no more name calling please!!  That is out of order

Shocked that you had to comment on my comment

Just highlighting that you are a hypocrite pal!!!!

Jambo 4 Ever

So why would he pose for photos wearing a Rangers scarf?

Jambo 4 Ever

Just highlighting that you are a hypocrite pal!!!!

well I'm not - so just leave it there

Cut The Crap

Whatever the rights and wrongs of the situation, it does no one any favours for it to be played out in the mainstream media and on social media in the way that seems to be happening and I'm surprised our DoF has allowed it to come to this.

I'd really prefer it if we were focussing fully on the major squad rebuild required this month. 

Hearts offer Jamie Walker the highest wage at the club. Walker rejects it. Hearts fans blame the club.

Hearts try to sell the player rather than lose him for free. Hearts fans blame the club.

Hearts don't try to sell him last summer with 1 year left. Fans moan about losing him on the cheap.

Hearts fans moan.

It's all levein fault mate....

Bull's-eye

Decent statement and pretty clear now what the issue is.

Doesn't really explain why JWs form has been so brutally honking, unless he's had his career path sorted for quite some time now of course.

Hearts fans moan.

Correction, according to Craig Levein Walker accepted their 3 year deal offer to make him the clubs highest paid player and yet he later changes his mind and declines the offer.

Does anyone know why this was? Did he get tapped by another club? Did the club withdraw the offer as they did with Rudi or try and change the offer? Did Walker see no future with the club under the new Coach?

It could have been any one of these options so it's perhaps not just as black and white as you portray.

Bowmans_Boot

So why would he pose for photos wearing a Rangers scarf?

For the millionth time, he went to a match with Rangers supporting mates and wore a scarf. One of the mates said, "Jamie is 100% Hearts".

Personally, I dont agree with wearing other teams scarves but he wont be the last person to do it.

Whatever the rights and wrongs of the situation, it does no one any favours for it to be played out in the mainstream media and on social media in the way that seems to be happening and I'm surprised our DoF has allowed it to come to this.

I'd really prefer it if we were focussing fully on the major squad rebuild required this month. 

You have hit the nail on the head that's why he should not be our DOF. 

Bowmans_Boot

Correction, according to Craig Levein Walker accepted their 3 year deal offer to make him the clubs highest paid player and yet he later changes his mind and declines the offer.

Does anyone know why this was? Did he get tapped by another club? Did the club withdraw the offer as they did with Rudi or try and change the offer? Did Walker see no future with the club under the new Coach?

It could have been any one of these options so it's perhaps not just as black and white as you portray.

The fine detail of the contract may not have been fully agreed and so Jamie may have agreed in principle, but not 100% guaranteed.

The club are very pubicly trying to make it all black and white, though.

For the millionth time, he went to a match with Rangers supporting mates and wore a scarf. One of the mates said, "Jamie is 100% Hearts".

Personally, I dont agree with wearing other teams scarves but he wont be the last person to do it.

He could have gotten one of the half & half scarves... ; )

sandylejambo

I was one of the people who thought it was all Leveins fault, now I don't think the club would come out with the statement they did if it was not true, but because of the shit that has been our club for the last 5 months I am still hunting for thing to beat the club with, sorry I will try and be reasonable in future.

Marooned Abroad

But he is partial to the Huns too it seems, as apparently half his family are of that type of breed?

Hearts fans follow him on Instagram and he posts a photo of him and his kid in Rangers attire for us all to admire! Great...

Jamie doesn't do himself any favours in this soap opera, just like Levein doesn't. Shambles...

Bit of a tosser if you ask me publishing a photo like that when he is contracted to another Club. Not the brightest spark it seems.......maybe it's in the genes judging by his father's input too.

Hearts are quite right....get rid, get as much money as we can, and let's all wish the boy good luck until he comes back to Tynecastle in a Rangers strip!

End of story

well I'm not - so just leave it there

I will decide where to leave it..................you have flip flopped. You start off saying you agree with the club and now this morning you are calling the club out over it, but since I don't think you are a Hearts supporter I cant say I'm  surprised.

Jambo 4 Ever

If he really was 100% Hearts he wouldn't be wearing a scarf and actually posing for a photo for it!!  Also, how do you explain his kid being in a Rangers kit, and him liking Rangers things on social media?

Especially when he is employed by us too - it is just stupid behaviour

Rocky jamboa

With the club statement saying Jamie was initially keen to sign then changed his mind, it sounds like his agent has turned his head and/or he has been tapped up by rangers.

Jambo 4 Ever

I will decide where to leave it..................you have flip flopped. You start off saying you agree with the club and now this morning you are calling the club out over it, but since I don't think you are a Hearts supporter I cant say I'm  surprised.

I agree with the club for making a statement yes - but perhaps went in to too much detail, about an employees contract.

and you are wrong - I am a hearts fan - so enough!

The Real Maroonblood

I agree with the club for making a statement yes - but perhaps went in to too much detail, about an employees contract.

Is Notts 1874 in love with you?

Don't think you are pal.

You spend all your time on here being nothing but negative towards the club.

HMFC86, on 02 Jun 2017 - 09:37 AM, said:

He could have gotten one of the half & half scarves... ; )

Some on here would need a triple scarf..fact :tiny:

Jambo 4 Ever

Don't think you are pal.

You spend all your time on here being nothing but negative towards the club.

I am perfectly entitled to my opinion.

Will just have to agree to disagree - please refrain from any more personal attacks and questioning my support of Hearts.  I have asked nicely - thanks

One word missing from all of this is GREED whether it be Walker, his agent or whoever.  One can deduce that that Hearts have made him an offer beyond anything offered to any other player which he accepts and then reneges on.  Why? Hearts then either have no wish to inprove on that offer for budgetary reasons or simply that he is not worth further investment with regard to past performance, future expectation or maybe even fitness doubts .  Stalemate!  Does anyone want up to a year's haggling?  I don't think so, so someone has to make a move, and learning from the Paterson episode, Hearts take the initiative and put him up for sale.

Enter Walker senior.  WTF has it got to do with him? What then happens is that all the disaffected supporters, the CL haters. the Cathro haters and the interlopers on this board all pile in with the cumulative result being that Hearts, like a rolling stone, gather the moss of incompetence, nastiness, unfairness etc.

Clarification, if any is required, now needs to come from Walker and I would him urge to do asap, in private or by his father's method, because he will not want to be seen in a bad light by prospective employers.  If he makes no such move I would make him twiddle his toes for a year and not be allowed to use this club in a selfish manner.

I am perfectly entitled to my opinion.

Will just have to agree to disagree - please refrain from any more personal attacks and questioning my support of Hearts.  I have asked nicely - thanks

Just giving my opinion as well.

You love accusing people of personal attacks don't you?

The problem is, the family member set off a chain of responses from hundreds of other Hearts fans accusing the club of telling lies. I'm certainly not the only one on here who thinks that the club was well within its right to make a statement.

Does Jamie Walker support Hearts? I don't know him or his family, but was he not recently photographed at Ibrox with a Rangers scarf around his neck, and has he not been 'liking' several Rangers-related posts on social media over the last couple of days? Funny thing for a Hearts fan to do. I honestly don't care what team he supports though.

The difference between Levein's Press conference and Jamie Walker's dad on Facebook is that Levein is a paid professional doing his job, so no, the two things aren't comparable in this instance.

I'm not privy to Walker's contract situation but Levein made it clear what was said at the press conference and in today's statement from the club, they wrote "Hearts totally refute any suggestion that a member of the club board or senior executive would be less than honest with any information provided to the media or the fans".

We all have to make up our own minds as to what happened and who to believe. I'm actually not that bothered. It's a shame Jamie's going to Rangers, but we'll just have to carry on without him. He's a great player on his day and seems a nice lad, but better players have left us in the past.

Great post, BB. This is exactly how I feel about the situation.

Escobar PHM

Levein should not have publicly revealed this in the first place. Business like that should stay in the confines of the club.

One thing led to another when he publicly discussed private club business.

As for Walker, Nicholson, Paterson. There is a pattern here. We need to find out why they are so gagging on a move and we need to fix it.

I'd love to know why Walker changed his mind. Whatever it was has to be looked at and fixed if its an internal thing.

Nelly Terraces

He said, she said, blah blah blah...

None of this pish is making Hearts win football matches. It's a tedious distraction.

Nookie Bear

Levein should not have publicly revealed this in the first place. Business like that should stay in the confines of the club.

In hindsight, this is absolutely correct.

He said, she said, blah blah blah...

None of this pish is making Hearts win football matches. It's a tedious distraction.

no football matches being played atm..

Jambo 4 Ever

Just giving my opinion as well.

You love accusing people of personal attacks don't you?

I don't give "opinions" on posters on here and state them as facts, where as you do

• davemclaren locked this topic

Archived