So Walker wants to leave...or does he? ( merged thread )

Mr Sifter

Genuine question, what's the issue with Levein giving advice from the stands? That not allowed?

Or do we know that Cathro has explicitly told Levein that he doesn't want any input from him on match days? I'm confused.

I don't think there is an issue with that? Its the fact levein is trying to deny it happens that's the issue.

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the big show

Genuine question, what's the issue with Levein giving advice from the stands? That not allowed?

Or do we know that Cathro has explicitly told Levein that he doesn't want any input from him on match days? I'm confused.

IT'S OK ... You will understand it once all the smoke clears away or someone gives you a key to open the door of his fantasy playground ..

Pans Jambo

Seems everything CL touches it turns to shite.

Player recruitment in the last 2 windows

Recruiting a biscuit erse bairn with no man management skills

Lying about passing the notes (we seen it on the TV Craig FFS)

& now this shite with one of our best players. Disrespectful. Deceitful.

Left to the players father to tell the truth.

This does not make our DoF look good at all.

Something not quite right here. We should aim for all Scottish players in the Hearts side to be international quality (whether future, current or past). Don Cowie has ten caps, for instance. It's Scotland we're talking about here, not Germany/Spain/Italy.

Shinnie has been standout for Aberdeen the past few seasons and one of the top SPL players. 0 caps. McLean similar. At Celtic boys like McGreggor, Armstrong, Gordon, Griffiths all don't get regular caps.

Walker is a top SPL player. That is our level and his. He's invaluable for us. To lose him weakens us a hell of a lot. Especially given the blatant belt tightening on show. I'd rather we lost two squad players, kept Jamie and plugged gaps with young players than sell an asset like him.

We're a Scottish club but we will be lucky to have more than 2 players getting picked for Scotland at anyone time. Just a sign of the times.

OmiyaHearts

I'm astounded at the amount of people on this thread who appear ITK about the situation. Jamie must talk to some amount of people about his wages and his personal situation.

I don't think I've read so many lies, in one thread, in the history of JKB. Please stop making stuff up or pretending you've heard direct from the player or a source. Most (rational) people know it's all made up - probably for attention.

Apparently we're supposed to believe people who post anonymously on a message board rather than an employee of the club, who has identified themselves and given a statement on the situation in front of the press.

Rudolf's Mate

I actually agree with you on this [emoji15]

Considering how professional the club has been with near enough ever other aspect since admin for me this is a joke.

Not been on this thread for hours. Wtf is Walker in Rangers scarf pic all about? wind up?

No problem with him attending another teams game, but if he has worn that while being a Hearts player, then that is showing a real lack of respect to Hearts and there supporters.

10x worse than any Steven Presley did, you can be sure this photo will be shown numerous times in the media, as they crank up the pressure on us to sell Jamie Walker to Rangers on the cheap.

This photo will come back to haunt Jamie, and ruin any legacy he may have had with Heart of Midlothian.

been here before

looks like you're the one getting hysterical pal.

Aye? Cool.

In what way would that be then "pal"?

Please do explain.

The Treasurer

Is it just me but something about that picture doesn't look right.

Why is most of the ground empty apart from the wee section that Walker is standing in ?

On the wider topic, regardless of what the truth is or isn't I find it quite sad that so many Hearts fans are quick to dismiss our POTY and top scorer as an "over-rated cripple who doesn't try and won't be missed"

IMO the exact opposite is true. He's one of the few players who, when he gets the ball, you expect something could happen. There are not too many players in that category, certainly not ones that we can afford.

Jambo 4 Ever

No problem with him attending another teams game, but if he has worn that while being a Hearts player, then that is showing a real lack of respect to Hearts and there supporters.

10x worse than any Steven Presley did, you can be sure this photo will be shown numerous times in the media, as they crank up the pressure on us to sell Jamie Walker to Rangers on the cheap.

This photo will come back to haunt Jamie, and ruin any legacy he may have had with Heart of Midlothian.

This

he could easily go along to Rangers games if he must - but didn't need to wear a scarf or pose for a photo! 

Maroonblood22

I don't think there is an issue with that? Its the fact levein is trying to deny it happens that's the issue.

But on the flipside would it not undermine Cathro in public if he openly says that he has asked for or needs advice from Levein?

I'm not sure Levein should have to 'deny' that side of things anyway. I'm as pissed off as the next guy re. our recruitment but just don't get this issue about the 'notes'.

Maroonblood22

IT'S OK ... You will understand it once all the smoke clears away or someone gives you a key to open the door of his fantasy playground ..

Strange reply but fair enough.

Look I'm not a happy clapper by any means but personally I think it's more important to take issues with the actual things that matter like our absolutely shite recruitment. The notes thing is just a weird thing to get pissed off about IMO.

BonningtonJambo

hes not

124ba79828a64385923c542af02557e3.png

Have a friends dad thats knows him so i asked him what team jamie supported when he was younger and he said he was never out of a hearts top and only time he changed it was to wear a liverpool top

Bowmans_Boot

I got ripped to shreds for saying he was a hun a few months back.

He is a Hearts fan, 100%. That photo is from a few years ago when he went to a Rangers match with Rangers supporting mates. One of those mates told me, "Jamie is totally a Hearts fan and just wore a scarf to be part of the group."

the big show

Is it just me but something about that picture doesn't look right.

Why is most of the ground empty apart from the wee section that Walker is standing in ?

On the wider topic, regardless of what the truth is or isn't I find it quite sad that so many Hearts fans are quick to dismiss our POTY and top scorer as an "over-rated cripple who doesn't try and won't be missed"

IMO the exact opposite is true. He's one of the few players who, when he gets the ball, you expect something could happen. There are not too many players in that category, certainly not ones that we can afford.

Spot on .. In terms of consistency i would put only Jamie and Patterson miles ahead of all others regarding this season ... aye ok Jamie tailed of a bit to the end but given the circumstances of what has went on it is hardly something we should be jumping on or surprising .. People go on about Cowie but seem to forget he was rank rotten early on and were calling for him to GTF and Neilson did not know were to play him , Jamie will be hard to replace make no mistake about it and people slating him need to ask there self's are there that many players we can afford to buy or on his wages etc that will give 15 goals a season .. Somehow i don't think so but that is the reality of the situation ..  This is a absolute shambles and a disgrace ...

Bowmans_Boot

Those saying that Jamie will help to fund the new stand (the very same new stand which was to have absolutely no impact on the playing budget), will selling our best, most popular player, the one who the fans relate to, the one who the younger fans isolise, help to sell STs? Will Paul McMullan automatically assume this role? Very short sighted management.

So Levein hasn't passed any notes down to cathro/mcphee? Either verbally or on a piece of paper? He hasn't had Jon Daly scurrying up and down the stairs? So that never happened then?

When is a note the the same as the spoken word? Answer is never. The whole mess is about written notes. Ever heard of spoken notes?

Where's the evidence it did? There are no photos of Levein passing notes. The super soaraway Sun, which hates Levein, didn't even bother photoshopping one in when they ran their shite stories about Levein telling Daly to tell Cathro something. The pictures show no note. Unless someone can provide a pic of Levein passing a note, Daly carrying a note and Cathro reading the note, there was no note.

No note:

bill-leckie-column-goals-20.png?strip=al

Maybe it was in invisible ink? On invisible paper? The plot thickens...

Exactly!! But come on here just make it up re Levein.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Exactly!! But come on here just make it up re Levein.

It's still a bizarre state of affairs - that between them McPhee and Cathro can't see what's happening in front of them. Levein has to send errand-boy down to give advice which, on the evidence of results, is worthless anyway.

Levein needs to admit that this has all got out of control. Next season's going to be a write off at this rate.

Last time, he isn't denying that he passes on info or advice. He is denying the use of notes. It really couldn't be more straightforward. Unfortunately some seem to want to twist what he is saying. It's part of his job to give advice to all coaches at the Club. Why can't people get their heads round that?

Wnning the championship at first attempt. Third in SPFL first season back. Yes shite indeed.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Last time, he isn't denying that he passes on info or advice. He is denying the use of notes. It really couldn't be more straightforward. Unfortunately some seem to want to twist what he is saying. It's part of his job to give advice to all coaches at the Club. Why can't people get their heads round that?

Maybe we should start discussing the fact that his advice is having no positive impact then.

Thought Police

Seems no one needs an excuse to have a pop at Levein anymore.

Everyone has just been moaning about how we've not got a return on Nicholson or Paterson, so Levein is recognising early that Walker is likely to run down his contract as well. Therefore, he's up for sale so we can get some money for him.

Sensible IMO.

Given that he has been with Hearts for over 10 years of its a genuine photo then it is disrespectful.

hmfc_liam06

Jammy T's desperation is getting a bit scary.

He's right though.

A few weeks ago there was a discussion on Jamie wanting to leave, no dramas.

Now that Levein has said he wants to leave there's some mad conspiracies going on?

Maybe we should start discussing the fact that his advice is having no positive impact then.

Maybe. That's a more worthwhile discussion.

Could it not be that Hearts asked him if he was interested in a new contract and he told them he would see out his present one but would leave next year. So that they didn't lose out, like they did with Paterson, Hearts then told him that he can go in the summer if a suitable offer comes in. Nobody is pushing him out the door it's just Hearts not wanting to lose out on big fee

People possibly the same people been moaning/ demanding the club get good fees for players.

Walker needs to be sold now unless he signs a new contract.

My mind would be elsewhere too if I had to line up in that side. Walker's played in some bad teams - McGlynn and Locke's sides - he's lined up with Paul McCallum and go nowheres like Hamill and such. But those sides had far, far more fight than that side. No wonder his head dropped.

We've lost better but when we have it takes 3/4 seasons to get another in. We've been lucky to see Walker, Paterson and Sow all in the same side. Three players who we'd usually expect to have one of that calibre of lucky.

We're on the verge of losing the best midfielder we've had since Rudi. It's pretty daft, to me, to say we'll get someone to plug the gap. Next season's team is going to be very very hard going.

If he's all that you think he is he wouldn't let these things affect his game.

Anyway I disagree with you. He's a good player at SPFL level but I think he would get shown up in a better league.

There is also his injury history to consider. I think we will be very fortunate to get a million quid for him.

Who's going to pay megabucks for an injury prone hide and seek merchant ?

All that stuff about blaming other players for performances is just making excuses for him.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

He's right though.

A few weeks ago there was a discussion on Jamie wanting to leave, no dramas.

Now that Levein has said he wants to leave there's some mad conspiracies going on?

There's the issue of motive though. Was he made a fair offer? And if not (like his dad says) isn't it the club who are forcing the issue?

Besides, this goes way beyond Walker. It's about Levein admitting that a transfer strategy which he personally insisted on has failed dismally. It's about the fact that we've got a head coach who needs his hand held and isn't showing any improvement with Levein holding his hand.

Take it from me, this will all come crashing down. It's just a case of when and a case of how much of next season we waste.

the big show

IT is absolutely ludicrous what has went on yet still we have people backing it .... I mean what have they actually seen that can possibly make them think that this is going to be a success and these guys can produce us to be playing fantasy football .. ffs he has just come out and said Cathro did not understand the Scottish game etc etc ... AYE and yet he was at Dun utd while he was there , Honestly you talk about given the opposition bullets to fire on this whole scenario .. it is actually mind boggling ...

Five to One

He is a Hearts fan, 100%. That photo is from a few years ago when he went to a Rangers match with Rangers supporting mates. One of those mates told me, "Jamie is totally a Hearts fan and just wore a scarf to be part of the group."

Strange behaviour if you ask me. Would never wear a Sevco scarf. 

I'm totally comfy that player wages can't be higher than what can be afforded. But how does letting promising Scottish talent go out the door make sense when it's been stated that Scottish/British player signings is what we need?

And it also doesn't make sense with the amount of cash being spunked on foreign "talent" with long contracts. You can bet that Martin, Sammon, Struna, Greeks etc are paid far in excess of what is being allowed to walk.

It's contrary to what the plan (if there is one) is.

I might be going out on a wing here but im getting the impression after reading this thread that the big show thinks our DOF isn't performing too well?

Apologies in advance if I've got this all wrong.

Siphiwe Tshabalala

Panner with the best post on the whole thread, standard.

Totally 100% agree.

the big show

I might be going out on a wing here but im getting the impression after reading this thread that the big show thinks our DOF isn't performing too well?

Apologies in advance if I've got this all wrong.

Can you honestly say or anybody else for that matter say that he is performing well ? Paint or spin it anyway you like but what has went on is making a mockery of our club and making us a laughing stock and ignorance of it does not take it away sadly .. i happen to be passionate about my team and will not ignore what is blatantly obvious .. ARE you or anybody else saying we should just suck it all up and hope that this shambles corrects it self on hope or blind faith with a management team that look totally out of there depth and a Dof that has made more mistakes than tongue could tell .. sorry but i'm afraid i and plenty other's will voice there opinion ..

Let's be honest even if Jamie does want to leave.

No matter if CL is lying or telling the truth, Jamie will obviously deny it.

What if a move falls through for him and he needs to resign here? He's hardly going to admit to the fans that he wanted to leave.

So someone is lying either way. Hardly fair to point the finger at levein, when we don't know the full story.

Can you honestly say or anybody else for that matter say that he is performing well ? Paint or spin it anyway you like but what has went on is making a mockery of our club and making us a laughing stock and ignorance of it does not take it away sadly .. i happen to be passionate about my team and will not ignore what is blatantly obvious .. ARE you or anybody else saying we should just suck it all up and hope that this shambles corrects it self on hope or blind faith with a management team that look totally out of there depth and a Dof that has made more mistakes than tongue could tell .. sorry but i'm afraid i and plenty other's will voice there opinion ..

I wasn't being entirely serious tbf, but you have made the same post dozens of times on the two threads.

Bowmans_Boot

Strange behaviour if you ask me. Would never wear a Sevco scarf. 

Fair enough but he is 100% a staunch Hearts fan.

Regarding wearing other teams scarves: one regular poster on here (dont think they have posted on this thread so cant name them) said that they wore a Falkirk scarf when they went to see them when Scott Crabbe signed for them. There was no "youre no Hearts supporter!!" outburst then.

KineticBeat

Whether or not Jamie wants to / doesn't want to leave. If I was Jamie I would be telling my dad to shut up on facebook....

Bowmans_Boot

Whether or not Jamie wants to / doesn't want to leave. If I was Jamie I would be telling my dad to shut up on facebook....

I think it is entirely fair and reasonable that his dad speaks up for him.

I'm no legal expert but would Walker not have a case against Levein for saying this if it wasn't true

I'm no legal expert but would Walker not have a case against Levein for saying this if it wasn't true

no because we do not know which of the two is lying

KineticBeat

I think it is entirely fair and reasonable that his dad speaks up for him.

Might just be a personal thing then.

But I would be raging at my dad spraffing contract stuff on social media whether it was for or against me.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

the big show

I wasn't being entirely serious tbf, but you have made the same post dozens of times on the two threads.

i get what you are saying .. but in my honest opinion do you think it is a time that we need to be serious ? i do as like many others do , my view and opinion on things is not from sitting on here week after week , i go to the games and then express my views and opinions , Now let me tell you if what your hearing in the stands is anything to go by then there are many within the Hearts support with my view and opinion on things , Do people think the mass walk out last game at home was just a myth , Aberdeen away things were getting heated between fans , Partick away was the same , it has been going on for long enough,  Fans have been voicing there displeasure long before Robbie left .. However the problems that was glaringly obvious then has never been rectified and it has just been one hick up after another , IE no balance to the team, set up all wrong , no consistency , players playing out of position etc etc , OH ffs don't get me started on transfers and contracts handed out .. think you get the Just of it eh .. aye he is doing a grand job all right ..

no because we do not know which of the two is lying

We don't but Walker, his agent and Levein do

We don't but Walker, his agent and Levein do

true, i don't think it would be a very quick case though if there is nothing written.

Let's be honest even if Jamie does want to leave.

No matter if CL is lying or telling the truth, Jamie will obviously deny it.

What if a move falls through for him and he needs to resign here? He's hardly going to admit to the fans that he wanted to leave.

So someone is lying either way. Hardly fair to point the finger at levein, when we don't know the full story.

I disagree, it's very easy to point the finger at Levein. Parking the shambles surrounding team performance why would you release that type of information at a press conference? It?s very easy to communicate that Walker is available through his agent and normal football channels so it does not improve the fee we would receive. It?s unprofessional at best or more likely a devious tactic to deflect attention from his coaching team?s performance. How do you think this was perceived by his team mates or indeed any player who we are trying to bring into the club?

Archived