So Walker wants to leave...or does he? ( merged thread )

Mr Sifter

bernardbresslawsarmchair

When I was a kid I had a dog for about 3 years. Loved him. It then turned on me & my mum so we had him put down. True story.

you still got the collar ? tyson needs a new one !

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the big show

It's mental. It's practically self-abuse to get so worked up about every little thing.

AYE .. But you know what the whole irony of it all is .. meanwhile we have Osh , Martins , Sammon , etc  all on 3 or 3 and a half year deals and have contributed nothing to the HMFC  and most likely on far more money Than Walker was ever offered , and also they are worth the square root of SFA and yet Walker who is a asset a valuable member of team who scored 15 goals is made out wrong in all this ..  oh the irony ... ffs next we will be told it's a coincidence we have went through so many Captains who are now no longer here or been frozen out .. pfffffffffffffft just sit back and suck it up .. is this the chuckle brothers or wee jimmy kranky .. the ignorance is breathtaking it is " MENTAL "  as you put it ..

AYE .. But you know what the whole irony of it all is .. meanwhile we have Osh , Martins , Sammon , etc all on 3 or 3 and a half year deals and have contributed nothing to the HMFC and most likely on far more money Than Walker was ever offered , and also they are worth the square root of SFA and yet Walker who is a asset a valuable member of team who scored 15 goals is made out wrong in all this .. oh the irony ... ffs next we will be told it's a coincidence we have went through so many Captains who are now no longer here or been frozen out .. pfffffffffffffft just sit back and suck it up .. is this the chuckle brothers or wee jimmy kranky .. the ignorance is breathtaking it is " MENTAL " as you put it ..

Hearts fans complain about us giving long and expensive contracts to players.

Hearts fans complain about us not giving long and expensive contracts to a player who looked completely disinterested for most of the last 6 months, hasn't developed his game in the way the likes of CP has since their breakthrough and has a chronic injury. This is the best time to sell him.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

If Jamie wants to stay and what he has been offered is derisory then he's in his rights to say no.

Hearts are right to punt him for a fee.

What's not right is Levein going public in this manner.

I believe Jamie should be offered parity with some of the higher earners on a long term deal.

We might have offered him 3.5k a week and he wants 5k, we just don't know.

Completely agree. Exactly where I'm at with the situation.

Not really a fair comparision though is it?

We gave guys like Martin a long term deal without seeing him play yet we wont push the boat out for Walker.

He had a poor few months but so did everyone else in the team.

Would rather not see us actively sell our best players but such is life at the moment.

?We?ve had a couple of phonecalls. We don?t want to lose him but if the right offer comes in then we?ll need to consider it. None of the calls have been close to the right offer. I?d like to keep him and that probably taints your judgment but I can understand his position.?

jambopilms

Acting like a huffy teenager doesn't get you a big contract . Working your arse off does.

the big show

Hearts fans complain about us not giving long and expensive contracts to a player who looked completely disinterested for most of the last 6 months, hasn't developed his game in the way the likes of CP has since their breakthrough and has a chronic injury. This is the best time to sell him.

This chronic injury you mention do you not think other clubs will have info or know about this ? it's not stopped him playing well a lot more than most from our team anyway,, personally i think it's one big smoke screen from the actual shambles that has been going on .. AND the best time to sell would have been last season when he was playing well , Walker not developed his game are you having a laugh .... 

the big show

Acting like a huffy teenager doesn't get you a big contract . Working your arse off does.

Osh , Martins , Sammon ,  etc  Hmmmm  aye right i get it cracker ..

Dallas Green

Sake.

I'm torn as who to believe.

I like Jamie and I like Craig.

I just hope we don't lose him to a biggot sister.

jambopilms

Osh , Martins , Sammon , etc Hmmmm aye right i get it cracker ..

They won't be getting new contracts will they?

been here before

SEEMS there is quite a lot blowing out hot air on here WHAT will they achieve ? and yes your self included ? exactly **** all .... in your words ... This is a forum which there is debate and people giving opinions on all things Hearts , Not happy with that then i suggest not to come on the forum and read my views and opinions or put me on ignore ... And for your information i have made my feelings and opinions known many times at games supporting the club HAVE YOU ? .. That is another problem on here the biggest % hardly ever go to away games or even some of the home games etc etc yet they sit on here and have more to say than tongue could tell about everything Hearts and are never wrong .. HUH what's new though eh ..

Uber alert.... Uber alert....

I especially like the bit about those not attending away games. Shame on you that have other commitments.

the big show

Uber alert.... Uber alert....

I especially like the bit about those not attending away games. Shame on you that have other commitments.

Do you ? try attending then you will get exactly what i mean it's been going on long enough , this latest farce is only another in a long list of total farces what has went on ..  ASK other teams fans you might get a truer reflection if it helps ? oh but wait a minute the journos , pundits etc etc have already had a dig and everybody has just got a agenda ..  And we had the cheek to call them on .nut deluded ffs oh the irony .... 

There's a difference between giving long term contracts to players that we don't know and have hardly ever watched playing other than on some video clips to guys that are playing in our leagues and we see first hand how they perform.

There is always an element of risk with every signing however it is much more so when they have not been watched.

Oshaniwa, etc.

What is wrong with offering a one year deal with an option to extend if the player fits in? We have done that with some players but not others, why?

Livvyjambo

What you can guarantee , if there was a chance Walker would sign a new deal the door has been slammed closed now .

Amatuer school

been here before

Do you ? try attending then you will get exactly what i mean it's been going on long enough , this latest farce is only another in a long list of total farces what has went on .. ASK other teams fans you might get a truer reflection if it helps ? oh but wait a minute the journos , pundits etc etc have already had a dig and everybody has just got a agenda .. And we had the cheek to call them on .nut deluded ffs oh the irony ....

I was at most away games last season hotshot, doesnt make me any better a supporter or fan than someone who has other commitments or make my opinions any more valid.

Unless of course is qualifies me to opine on your fuddery. Again though I dont think its only those who attend matches who will notice this.

What a banger.

been here before

:cornette:

If its too difficult for you to explain just say.

Or keep posting funny wee pictures.

Whatevers easier for you as a total 24 carat PHM.

maroonnicky63

I have to say if any young player has any ambition to improve they should head out of Scottish Football as it is awful just now., I don't blame any of the young lads who are moving on.

One horse race again next season no doubt and we will be aiming for the top 4 next season which is about right.

Celtic will be even stronger next year under the manager they have at the moment and will win it again in a canter.

I think Rangers will be very interested in Walker but for me he should head to the championship in England and I think he would do very well down there but we will have to wait and see.

When I was a kid I had a dog for about 3 years. Loved him. It then turned on me & my mum so we had him put down. True story.

What a strange reply.

• Moderators

Several people banned from this thread for abuse. It is possible to disagree without abusing each other.

tolcross lad

Biggest farce that's been going on for a while is the drivel you spout..........................Take that too the bank.Every single one of your rants is a look at me type post or I'm a better supporter than you type post.When you get bored with that its Jason Holt is the messiah....Like hell he is.Consider yourself  put on ignore you clown :)

Its not drivel to a large section of our fans.There is a lot of discontent about Leveins performance as DOF and his appointed Head coach.Nothing wrong with our DOF trying to maximise income from Walker but how the scenario is being played out is symptomatic of the dysfunctional state that the football side of the club appears to be in. 

been here before

What a strange reply.

Heart wrenching though.

I thought it was perhaps apochryphal but I could well be reading too much into it :lol:

Seems everything CL touches it turns to shite.

Player recruitment in the last 2 windows

Recruiting a biscuit erse bairn with no man management skills

Lying about passing the notes (we seen it on the TV Craig FFS)

& now this shite with one of our best players. Disrespectful. Deceitful.

Left to the players father to tell the truth.

This does not make our DoF look good at all.

Go back to bed.

john brownlee

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They won't be getting new contracts will they?

Yes but how much have they cost the club in wasted salaries and agents fees etc?

Analagy

So you want to destroy our DOF and head coach.

That's one way of conducting business I suppose.

AYE .. But you know what the whole irony of it all is .. meanwhile we have Osh , Martins , Sammon , etc  all on 3 or 3 and a half year deals and have contributed nothing to the HMFC  and most likely on far more money Than Walker was ever offered , and also they are worth the square root of SFA and yet Walker who is a asset a valuable member of team who scored 15 goals is made out wrong in all this ..  oh the irony ... ffs next we will be told it's a coincidence we have went through so many Captains who are now no longer here or been frozen out .. pfffffffffffffft just sit back and suck it up .. is this the chuckle brothers or wee jimmy kranky .. the ignorance is breathtaking it is " MENTAL "  as you put it ..

Merely thinking something may be fact doesn't actually render it as fact.  For example, I may believe that Cathro is on less money than Robbo and that this is a staggering indictment of Cathro's skills as boss and be amused by the irony of it all.  But I can't moan at others for sitting back and sucking that up as if it's an actual thing that everyone else recognises as fact.

Pans Jambo

So you want to destroy our DOF and head coach.

That's one way of conducting business I suppose.

You got it.

We gave guys like Martin a long term deal without seeing him play yet we wont push the boat out for Walker.

Who says we're paying Martin more than Walker?

Who says we're paying Martin more than Walker?

I don't know if we are or not. The point is that Walker is our best player, top goalscorer and player of the year so he should be the top earner in my opinion. To offer him a larger salary with a view of earning more once we do eventually sell him.

Some people want to act like they aren't bothered if he leaves but without him we will really struggle.

Bowmans_Boot

I am not surprises in the slightest. Despite many, "he only has 1 good game in 10", "hes disinterested" etc comments on here, Jamie is a quality player and I would imagine many clubs will be seriously interested. Especially so as the money will not be that much in English terms.

I will be devastated if he leaves and we will badly miss him. I dont believe people appreciate the full extent of this at present and believe some Celtic U21 player/a random guy from Steveange will fill the void. It wont.

We_are_the_Hearts

I am not surprises in the slightest. Despite many, "he only has 1 good game in 10", "hes disinterested" etc comments on here, Jamie is a quality player and I would imagine many clubs will be seriously interested. Especially so as the money will not be that much in English terms.

I will be devastated if he leaves and we will badly miss him. I dont believe people appreciate the full extent of this at present and believe some Celtic U21 player/a random guy from Steveange will fill the void. It wont.

Exactly, some of our fans talk shite. Think his form just suffered like the fans enthusiasm did with the shite gutless wankers we had to endure. In a proper footy team Jamie is a huge asset, we are just a basket case the now. Shambles

Bowmans_Boot

Exactly, some of our fans talk shite. Think his form just suffered like the fans enthusiasm did with the shite gutless wankers we had to endure. In a proper footy team Jamie is a huge asset, we are just a basket case the now. Shambles

Exactly. Hearts matter to him and he was clearly demotivated by his team mates lack of care.

cosanostra

If Bristol City want a winger with pace then that's Jamie Walker out then.

He'd have serious potential to do damage in Europe's best leagues if he had pace.

Jambof3tornado

If Bristol City want a winger with pace then that's Jamie Walker out then.

He'd have serious potential to do damage in Europe's best leagues if he had pace.

Yup. If he had pace we'd have lost him ages ago.

If we are realising an asset to fund the stand I have no problem with that.

Good luck.

Bowmans_Boot

If we are realising an asset to fund the stand I have no problem with that.

I would have a huge problem with that. When the new stand was spoken about it was said that the playing budget would not be affected. It was never said that we would sell players to finance it.

I would have a huge problem with that. When the new stand was spoken about it was said that the playing budget would not be affected. It was never said that we would sell players to finance it.

Agree.

Even more annoying that the club didn't make any sensible attempt to bridge the funding gap through the fans. ?100 to guarantee your seat for cup games. Pathetic.

It sounds a bit like a Politicians statement where you have to read more into what they didn't say rather than what they did.

Strictly speaking they could argue that the same amount of funding will be available for player wages. The fact they never mentioned any income from player sales in their eyes would exonerate them and I am sure they would also say they are eager to not lumber the club with any debt as well.

Clark Griswold

Whilst i agree with what you've said here, things can change due to unforeseeable circumstances, like:

- Our manager leaving unexpectedly half way through a season, when we were second in the league

- Young coach hired with no management experience

- Stop-gap short term signings who mostly didn't give a toss about the club, and using us as a platform to move on

- poor performance in the league resulted in a significantly less prize money from the league final standings

- poor performance in the league resulted in slower than expected season ticket uptake due to fans being disillusioned with the quality of the head coach/DOF

I know Budge can handle the business side of things including budgets and whatnot, but if things get really tight financially due to the construction of a new stand and its shortfall in funding, something needs to give from somewhere else in that business, whether its a lower quality of assets (players or staff), other fund raising activities or more money from FOH. This is just like in any other business, football club or not. Let's just hope its not the player budget...

Bowmans_Boot

It sounds a bit like a Politicians statement where you have to read more into what they didn't say rather than what they did.

Strictly speaking they could argue that the same amount of funding will be available for player wages. The fact they never mentioned any income from player sales in their eyes would exonerate them and I am sure they would also say they are eager to not lumber the club with any debt as well.

Yes, I get that, but intending to finance the stand with player sales is a pretty major and fundamental aspect of it and should have been announced. Not to do so is, at absolute best, misleading.

Bowmans_Boot

Whilst i agree with what you've said here, things can change due to unforeseeable circumstances, like:

- Our manager leaving unexpectedly half way through a season, when we were second in the league

- Young coach hired with no management experience

- Stop-gap short term signings who mostly didn't give a toss about the club, and using us as a platform to move on

- poor performance in the league resulted in a significantly less prize money from the league final standings

- poor performance in the league resulted in slower than expected season ticket uptake due to fans being disillusioned with the quality of the head coach/DOF

I know Budge can handle the business side of things including budgets and whatnot, but if things get really tight financially due to the construction of a new stand and its shortfall in funding, something needs to give from somewhere else in that business, whether its a lower quality of assets (players or staff), other fund raising activities or more money from FOH. This is just like in any other business, football club or not. Let's just hope its not the player budget...

All of your unforeseen circumstances have the result of finishing 5th, rather than the budgeted 4th. The financial difference is around ?100,000, which isnt enough to justify drastically changing the funding srrategy and start directing players sales income to the stand budget.

I doubt if the ST uptake will be drastically different to last season.

davemclaren

Apart from hearsay is there any hard evidence that player sales will fund a redevelopment shortfall?

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Apart from hearsay is there any hard evidence that player sales will fund a redevelopment shortfall?

Did anyone ask about this at Levein's press conference?

Bowmans_Boot

To be honest, no. But with the shortfall as high as it is then it would be likely.

Archived