So Walker wants to leave...or does he? ( merged thread )

Mr Sifter

true, i don't think it would be a very quick case though if there is nothing written.

Would be like a defamation of character case though. I know if it was me and it wasn't true I would be looking to take them all the way on it.

I also think that the lack of any communication from Walker tells you that there is truth in what Levein says

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I disagree, it's very easy to point the finger at Levein. Parking the shambles surrounding team performance why would you release that type of information at a press conference? It?s very easy to communicate that Walker is available through his agent and normal football channels so it does not improve the fee we would receive. It?s unprofessional at best or more likely a devious tactic to deflect attention from his coaching team?s performance. How do you think this was perceived by his team mates or indeed any player who we are trying to bring into the club?

it does not look good obviously but if it helps hearts get and extra few hundred K i don't think he will care. 

Would be like a defamation of character case though. I know if it was me and it wasn't true I would be looking to take them all the way on it.

I also think that the lack of any communication from Walker tells you that there is truth in what Levein says

yeah true. i would fight it as well to be honest. 

What a lot of shite.

Get a grip of yourself seriously. Law suits over this?

Given if Jamie wants to say it's because of a love for the club he'd hardly want to run the club through the courts over something as trivial (few sane people would)

It seems there is just a difference in stance over contract talks. Levein has interpreted that a particular way but all that would hardly stand up in court.

FS this place sometimes :laugh:

We_are_the_Hearts

Walker is in Dubai. His sister and his dad have made their feelings known on Social media. 

Lawsuits, defamation of character?? :rofl:

This is the thread that keeps on giving. Jamie Better Call Saul!

Lawsuits, defamation of character?? :rofl:

This is the thread that keeps on giving. Jamie Better Call Saul!

Especially when JW and his connections have been hinting for months that he is leaving.

Levein has called their bluff.

100% Jamie Walker won't have asked Hearts to leave.

Levein's at it here.

Jamie Walker has been offered a new deal (nobody on here knows what that was however I'm sure it wasn't ?100 a week!!)

Jamie Walker has refused that deal to keep his options open which is fair enough.

Craig Levein being the main man in charge of these things (Ian Cathro is coach) has decided he has to go now so we can make money on him and continue the plan to develop and sell.......

WHY IS THAT SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND

Craig Levein has Hearts best interest at Heart here, anyone who thinks otherwise is bitter or stupid or both

Jamie, Sam and Callum DO NOT have Hearts best interest at Heart, this is fair enough albeit not exactly loyal but each to their own.

it does not look good obviously but if it helps hearts get and extra few hundred K i don't think he will care.

Obviously I hope we get as much money as possible for Jamie Walker but I don't see how yesterday aided that, as I mentioned these things are quickly communicated through agents and contacts. I do think it has damaged as a place players want to come and play though.

Obviously I hope we get as much money as possible for Jamie Walker but I don't see how yesterday aided that, as I mentioned these things are quickly communicated through agents and contacts. I do think it has damaged as a place players want to come and play though.

Suppose we will find that out soon enough. 

maroonnicky63

For me Levein has hung walker out to dry and most on here have fallen for it and started of all this rubbish saying we don't care if he goes , he is not consistent enough blah blah.

Walker has been our best player this season by a country mile and why he is not being paid top rate along with others is obvious , hearts want to cash in on him. I don't believe for a minute that Jamie has asked to go as he is a jambo along with Nicholson despite what other posters on here think , I think he has rejected a contract yes but that's it.

All Levein had to say was '' we have offered Jamie what we consider is a good offer and he has turned it down therefore we have no option but to listen to offers for him'' and that's it, 

Reading into his Dad's comment is not difficult is it.

Nicholson is the same he has not asked to leave and the offer hearts have given him is not considered good enough.

I said on here a long time ago that there would be issues regarding our young players signing and I was blasted for it

Walker has been giving hints on Instagram for months that he is leaving - especially to Rangers. Liking their players and clubs posts etc. Just posted one with a flight to Glasgow.  I know he's on holiday and is flying home, but yet another hint relating to Rangers. Will be surprised if he doesn't sign for Rangers. This sounds ridiculous but its how a lot of players work now. 

Seymour M Hersh

Levein ate my hamster!!!! 

Well, okay he didn't but he might have.

If I had a hamster! 

Seymour M Hersh

Fair enough but he is 100% a staunch Hearts fan.

Regarding wearing other teams scarves: one regular poster on here (dont think they have posted on this thread so cant name them) said that they wore a Falkirk scarf when they went to see them when Scott Crabbe signed for them. There was no "youre no Hearts supporter!!" outburst then.

I think wearing that toilet paper around his neck (for whatever reason) dilutes him down to about 81.7% of staunchness! 

******* lawsuits.................this thread has now officially jumped the shark.

557bb0503d9c5352020f11648151be04.jpg

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

been here before

Levein ate my hamster!!!!

Well, okay he didn't but he might have.

If I had a hamster!

I've heard he really did eat a hamster. Cant reveal my sources though. They might get blasted.

maroonnicky63

"blasted" :lol:

Enter the Drama Queen

"blasted" :lol:

Enter the Drama Queen

bloody hell you should talk , hilarious

been here before

In what way sweetpea?

If we are forcing Jamie out against his will that is appalling. Give him the contract he deserves provided it is within our means to do so. I've seen nothing to suggest Jamie is wanting silly money.

Sad to see a few of you turn on Jamie too. Really sad.

Levein has you all eating out of his hand.

Can you honestly say or anybody else for that matter say that he is performing well ? Paint or spin it anyway you like but what has went on is making a mockery of our club and making us a laughing stock and ignorance of it does not take it away sadly .. i happen to be passionate about my team and will not ignore what is blatantly obvious .. ARE you or anybody else saying we should just suck it all up and hope that this shambles corrects it self on hope or blind faith with a management team that look totally out of there depth and a Dof that has made more mistakes than tongue could tell .. sorry but i'm afraid i and plenty other's will voice there opinion ..

Well why don't you voice it to Levein and the club?

Blowing out hot air on here will achieve **** all.

If we are forcing Jamie out against his will that is appalling. Give him the contract he deserves provided it is within our means to do so. I've seen nothing to suggest Jamie is wanting silly money.

Sad to see a few of you turn on Jamie too. Really sad.

Levein has you all eating out of his hand.

Who is to say what he deserves?

I don't know what he earns, or what he thinks he deserves to be on either, but I would imagine there is a midway point where club and player would be satisfied?

Or do the club only think he is worth X and won't move from that valuation?

That's hardly forcing him out, is it?

This moaning about Jamie's form do realise that his poor form also coincides with Cathro coming in and filling the squad with dross.

I don't know what he earns, or what he thinks he deserves to be on either, but I would imagine there is a midway point where club and player would be satisfied?

He has alledgedly been offered a very modest pay rise. Given his status and importance in the team has risen greatly since he signed that last deal, you would think he would be deserving of a suitable increase.

Now maybe he wanted too much. Or maybe he wanted to be paid a salary comparable to the club's highest earners. The latter would seem to me to be highly justified.

Levein has announced to the nation that Jamie wants to leave. Jamie doesn't want to leave. Doesn't that sound like he is being pushed out the door?

Levein has announced to the nation that Jamie wants to leave. Jamie doesn't want to leave. Doesn't that sound like he is being pushed out the door?

Spoke to Jamie yourself then have you?

So he'll sign a new contract

Good news

Given the results / form / performances of this season, in all honesty I don't think ANYONE at the club should be arguing a case for a pay rise at the moment. I've certainly seen nothing from any of them to merit paying them MORE money.

Jamie Walker included in that.

A 'modest' pay rise is a rise more than they should be getting given the performances from this season, i'll say that much.

davemclaren

Nobody can make Jamie leave of course.

how do you know he doesnt want to leave? 

Nobody can make Jamie leave of course.

Correct. But you can push someone in that direction.

What a lot of shite.

Get a grip of yourself seriously. Law suits over this?

Given if Jamie wants to say it's because of a love for the club he'd hardly want to run the club through the courts over something as trivial (few sane people would)

It seems there is just a difference in stance over contract talks. Levein has interpreted that a particular way but all that would hardly stand up in court.

FS this place sometimes :laugh:

Well like I said it defamation of character and could actually put clubs of wanting him due to the tit for tat from family. I'm not suggesting that he goes this route but I'm sure Levein would know this is a possibility if he was lying.

I heard months ago that he wanted away and I'm actually siding with Levein on this, something I thought I wouldn't do as I want him away from the club ASAP

how do you know he doesnt want to leave?

:lol: Never intended for the post to come across as being any way ITK. I'm not. Poor choice of language used.

davemclaren

Correct. But you can push someone in that direction.

You can try but experience would tell us that is difficult.

You can try but experience would tell us that is difficult.

:lol: It certainly has been with Oshaniwa that's for sure.

BonningtonJambo

:lol: It certainly has been with Oshaniwa that's for sure.

Oshaniwa has 3 years(a year now) to burn jamie only has a year

davemclaren

Oshaniwa has 3 years(a year now) to burn jamie only has a year

So what different approach should we take? I think if Jamie wants to see his contract out and go for free there is nothing to stop him.

Bazzas right boot

Of all the negative things that have happened in the past 6 months

Souttar's injury

Paterson' injury and leaving for peanuts

Poor form after Robbie leaving

Rinse and repeat of the fans divide we saw under Robbie.

Absolutely shite Jan signings.

This "episode" with Walker is the most worrying.

If we are  trying to push Jamie to fund the new stands then there need to be some explanation as this goes against all the communication from the club and the funding of the new stand.

If Craig is lying, then I dunno even what to do with that.

If Walker does want to leave for more money then fair enough, but if he would stay if he was one or our highest earners then the alarm bells are ringing if we offered him ?100 a month/ week to stay.

If he's being pushed, quite simple he's our best player , so why?

Well like I said it defamation of character and could actually put clubs of wanting him due to the tit for tat from family. I'm not suggesting that he goes this route but I'm sure Levein would know this is a possibility if he was lying.

I heard months ago that he wanted away and I'm actually siding with Levein on this, something I thought I wouldn't do as I want him away from the club ASAP

Don't think there is anything to see here. I also don't think either party is nessecerily lying either

They've just took what they want from the contract situation and interpreted it to suit their position

Craig- Jamie refused contract therefore wants to go. (Trying to force Jamie's hand in accepting the deal or gaining the club a transfer fee)

Jamie- I want to stay but I'll go elsewhere if deal on table is not agreeable (in his/agents opinion)

The Q&A was a total mess and has raised more questions than answers. CL had a mare.

But looking at the walker contract situation it's just both sides trying to call each other out? Must happen at work places the world over

Cruyff Turn

If Jamie wants to stay and what he has been offered is derisory then he's in his rights to say no.

Hearts are right to punt him for a fee.

What's not right is Levein going public in this manner.

I believe Jamie should be offered parity with some of the higher earners on a long term deal.

We might have offered him 3.5k a week and he wants 5k, we just don't know.

This moaning about Jamie's form do realise that his poor form also coincides with Cathro coming in and filling the squad with dross.

So should he just down tools mate cos he aint happy? Serious question. It really gets my goat when footballers do it and, if it is the case when players don't like a manager should we just sack the manager? 

I like Jamie W and I'd like to keep him BTW

Hearts fans complain that "we haven't done more" when the likes of Paterson and Nicholson run their contracts down and leave for free/compensation.

Hearts fans complain when we try to move Jamie Walker on at his most valuable point because he's running his contract down to leave on a free.

Pans Jambo

Wnning the championship at first attempt. Third in SPFL first season back. Yes shite indeed.

When I was a kid I had a dog for about 3 years. Loved him. It then turned on me & my mum so we had him put down. True story.

the big show

Well why don't you voice it to Levein and the club?

Blowing out hot air on here will achieve **** all.

SEEMS there is quite a lot blowing out hot air on here WHAT will they achieve ? and yes your self included ? exactly **** all .... in your words ... This is a forum which there is debate and people giving opinions on all things Hearts , Not happy with that then i suggest not to come on the forum and read my views and opinions or put me on ignore  ... And for your information i have made my feelings and opinions known many times at games supporting the club HAVE YOU ? .. That is another problem on here the biggest % hardly ever go to away games or even some of the home games etc etc yet they sit on here and have more to say than tongue could tell about everything Hearts and are never wrong ..  HUH what's new though eh ..

Hearts fans complain that "we haven't done more" when the likes of Paterson and Nicholson run their contracts down and leave for free/compensation.

Hearts fans complain when we try to move Jamie Walker on at his most valuable point because he's running his contract down to leave on a free.

I think the point is that if we offered him acceptable terms on a longer deal then he might stay and would be worth more money on a longer deal rather than just having one year left.

Don't feel we have done enough to keep our best players financially.

sairyinthat

Last time, he isn't denying that he passes on info or advice. He is denying the use of notes. It really couldn't be more straightforward. Unfortunately some seem to want to twist what he is saying. It's part of his job to give advice to all coaches at the Club. Why can't people get their heads round that?

Doesn't fit the agenda,maybe better getting the Anti anybody with authority to explain Exactly what was done to them.Where and when the particular event occurred may explain their Hatred but I wouldn't hold my breath.

sairyinthat

When I was a kid I had a dog for about 3 years. Loved him. It then turned on me & my mum so we had him put down. True story.

He wasn't called Levein was he  surely not

BonningtonJambo

So what different approach should we take? I think if Jamie wants to see his contract out and go for free there is nothing to stop him.

I think hearts want the money for him specially after watching paterson walk away for next to nothing and nicholson for nothing

socrates82

It's mental. It's practically self-abuse to get so worked up about every little thing.

Archived