So Walker wants to leave...or does he? ( merged thread )

Mr Sifter

The most sensible post on here, no way you are a hearts fan

It was a load of balony so why you think it was sensible defies belief

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the big show

So Levein hasn't passed any notes down to cathro/mcphee? Either verbally or on a piece of paper? He hasn't had Jon Daly scurrying up and down the stairs? So that never happened then?

it was going on when Robbie was here as well bits of paper as well and verbally  ..  

the big show

Levein hasn't passsed notes to Cathro or McPhee. Both of them have passed notes to players. Leveins comment 100% accurate from a personal point of view. Truth on that one so probably truth re walker.

utter BS ....

People have been saying for ages he's wanting to leave

Levein confirms it and JKB becomes a deranged self flagulating cesspit of Opus Dei, illuminati type conspiracists

Mental.

Oh and those bits of paper. Grrrrr.

This is a parody site now right?

Some sort of new wave satire?

So Levein hasn't passed any notes down to cathro/mcphee? Either verbally or on a piece of paper? He hasn't had Jon Daly scurrying up and down the stairs? So that never happened then?

I suppose technically Levein didn't pass notes directly to Cathro or anyone else as he gave them to Daly to deliver :2thumbsup:

socrates82

Because "Levein is a snake"

Some folk have such a hatred for Levein that no matter what he says it does it is not good enough.

He made a mistake with Oshaniwa, we all agree on that, each and every one. He is now not throwing money at players and he gets criticised for "doing it on the cheap"

Paterson decides he will not sign a new contract, gets injured right before a big money move. Levein gets criticised for "allowing him to leave on the cheap" and not throwing big money at a player who wants to try his luck elsewhere and refused to negotiate further.

Nicholson decides he won't sign a new contract, he is massively inconsistent and realistically is worth more in development fees than anybody would ever be willing to pay in transfers. Nicholson decides to Swan off to America and do us out of a development fee and Levein gets criticised for not throwing money at a player who has flattered to deceive.

Decides to take no risks when Jamie Walker announces he doesn't want to sign a new contract and let's it be known he is available. Gets criticised for not breaking the bank and throwing big wages at him and called a liar.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Sensible post alert!

I like Jamie but if he isn't going to sign an extension then Hearts are right to stimulate interest to get him out now for a fee.

I agree but I would also like to know what sort of offer they made him if this were the case.

Have they made him a poor offer hoping that he will want to go?

Lucille's Thirsty

I saw the interview on SSN and it showed Levein and Daly exchanging words in the stands at Pittodrie and then it shows Daly walking down the stairs to the dugout he then points to the football pitch whilst talking to McPhee.

Levein's a complete liar I bet Jamie hasn't asked to leave the club, Jamie wants to keep his options open which he's entitled to do Levein arrogance comes into play he doesn't want Walker to go on a free which is understandable but don't make Jamie out to be a liar.

Not been on this thread for hours. Wtf is Walker in Rangers scarf pic all about? wind up?

Lucky gits I got a tenner a week rise.

How many goals in the Premier league did you score last season?

Lucille's Thirsty

A supposed Hearts fan wearing a Rangers scarf at Ibrox that doesn't sit well with me at all by all means go to a football game no need to put the scarf on at all.

socrates82

I agree but I would also like to know what sort of offer they made him if this were the case.

Have they made him a poor offer hoping that he will want to go?

Define "poor". In the context of what he can get elsewhere even for a League One club in England it probably was poor. But that's where we are.

From Walkers point of view, his value is possibly as high as it's ever been so it's the right time to look for a move (benefits us too). You can also look at him seeing players get caps just for playing in England while he played consistently well for Hearts and doesn't get a sniff of a call-up. I think he's got what it takes to play for a half-decent English Championship club, which is a good opportunity.

Clark Griswold

Also posted this on the other thread RE Press conf but here's an extract from Budge's early April statement:

"Then it was questioning the Director of Football?s role in terms of the First Team. This reached frenzied proportions during and after the recent Aberdeen game. As has been explained many times before, the Director of Football role as it applies at Hearts is very wide and very varied. Craig is responsible for all football matters and for all age groups? and as stated above, there is a lot going on. He is also an executive director on the Board with the additional responsibilities that brings. Craig holds his position because of his vast footballing experience, which means his opinion and advice can be extremely valuable. That said, he no more does Ian?s job than he does Roger Arnott?s job as Head of the Academy?or indeed mine, as Chief Executive. For the avoidance of doubt, Ian picks the team?.as did Robbie when he was here. Any input from Craig?whether in note form from a vantage point in the stand or in any other form? is given purely to assist Ian?s decision-making."

So he did pass notes then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh and those bits of paper. Grrrrr.

This is a parody site now right?

Some sort of new wave satire?

Yea I'm furious about the notes right enough. Its more the fact levein is claiming it never happened, you got an opinion on that?

socrates82

Yea I'm furious about the notes right enough. Its more the fact levein is claiming it never happened, you got an opinion on that?

Where's the evidence it did? There are no photos of Levein passing notes. The super soaraway Sun, which hates Levein, didn't even bother photoshopping one in when they ran their shite stories about Levein telling Daly to tell Cathro something. The pictures show no note. Unless someone can provide a pic of Levein passing a note, Daly carrying a note and Cathro reading the note, there was no note.

No note:

bill-leckie-column-goals-20.png?strip=al

Maybe it was in invisible ink? On invisible paper? The plot thickens...

Ask Yuri Geller or David Icke mate

It's at about that level now.

Holyrood_Hearts

Does offering advice count??

I like Jamie but if he isn't going to sign an extension then Hearts are right to stimulate interest to get him out now for a fee.

By saying he wants out with a year to go we've underplayed our hand and devalued our player.

Bloody stupidity.

I just think we will end up with more players like cowie and less like Nicholson and walker.... I can see that was leveins preferred approach... a bit like Martin o Neil, line them up tallest to shortest and pick the first 11

Unlike Levein to prefer those types of players.

He may have brought through Hartley and had Valois but his teams were never fluid or blessed with great players

As I have said before. Walker is gone. We have had far better players leave and survived. You could see since after the rangers game when he scored 2 goals. His mind has been somewhere else.

My mind would be elsewhere too if I had to line up in that side. Walker's played in some bad teams - McGlynn and Locke's sides - he's lined up with Paul McCallum and go nowheres like Hamill and such. But those sides had far, far more fight than that side. No wonder his head dropped.

We've lost better but when we have it takes 3/4 seasons to get another in. We've been lucky to see Walker, Paterson and Sow all in the same side. Three players who we'd usually expect to have one of that calibre of lucky.

We're on the verge of losing the best midfielder we've had since Rudi. It's pretty daft, to me, to say we'll get someone to plug the gap. Next season's team is going to be very very hard going.

Half time pie

Boring now. Could kick a ball effectively and made runs. If he wants to move on, good luck. We could employ someone else that can kick a ball and make runs. Not rocket science.

Boring now. Could kick a ball effectively and made runs. If he wants to move on, good luck. We could employ someone else that can kick a ball and make runs. Not rocket science.

One who will get 15 from midfield? Or anywhere for that?

Hackney Hearts

I don't think Walker is international quality. But in saying that he's quality for us.

Something not quite right here. We should aim for all Scottish players in the Hearts side to be international quality (whether future, current or past). Don Cowie has ten caps, for instance. It's Scotland we're talking about here, not Germany/Spain/Italy. 

socrates82

He may have brought through Hartley and had Valois but his teams were never fluid or blessed with great players

Ricardo Fuller's another one. Levein's teams always had height and strength but always a bit of skill as well. He signed players like Kirk, Wales, Wyness, Stamp and gave games to Sloan, Jancyz, Joe Hammil. Weir etc who don't fit the big physical player mold either. OK, he played Kevin McKenna up front a lot but it worked. JJ did the same with Mike Galloway for a while. If it works, who cares? Looking at the list of youngsters, it's fair to say we weren't blessed with great players coming through the ranks then! The recent crop have been much better.

I think his philosophy is that to get close to the OF or at least finish above everyone else, you need to match them physically. Two 3rds suggests he was right.

Funnily enough his worst season was his first when he kept more skilful players he'd inherited like Juanjo, Fulton and Adam. The following season with his own team things got much better, very quickly (e.g. the original 5-1). So maybe that influenced his management philosophy.

millerjames398

Ricardo Fuller's another one. Levein's teams always had height and strength but always a bit of skill as well. He signed players like Kirk, Wales, Wyness, Stamp and gave games to Sloan, Jancyz, Joe Hammil. Weir etc who don't fit the big physical player mold either. OK, he played Kevin McKenna up front a lot but it worked. JJ did the same with Mike Galloway for a while. If it works, who cares? Looking at the list of youngsters, it's fair to say we weren't blessed with great players coming through the ranks then! The recent crop have been much better.

I think his philosophy is that to get close to the OF or at least finish above everyone else, you need to match them physically. Two 3rds suggests he was right.

Funnily enough his worst season was his first when he kept more skilful players he'd inherited like Juanjo, Fulton and Adam. The following season with his own team things got much better, very quickly (e.g. the original 5-1). So maybe that influenced his management philosophy.

I agree with your points mate ,but it was alex MacDonald who used mike Galloway up front not jj,excellent in our euro adventures of 88/89.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Valois

Juanjo

Hartley

Perrera

Wyness

Fuller

Levein likes skilful players - ****ing difficult to find and pay for in Scotland...

But that makes Levein a ***** I guess

So many dullards making points without any basis in fact....

Socrates -

Clearly not an 'arsehole or ******'.. (MODS - that's a quote from

another member before you get on at me)

:)

Jambof3tornado

Sorry but imagine the outcry if walker sat tight for a year then left for nothing?

We need to cash in on him. If he really doesnt want to leave he can sign a new deal. ?200 a week extra plus bonuses, try working for the fekkin nhs!!

Good player on his day but his day usnt frequent enough to make him top class.

Good luck to him unless he heads to ibrox.

Bull's-eye

Can only hope Levein speaks to the media more often.

This thread :rofl:

Create youth players, play them for over a hundred games, sell them.....

Burn that witch.....

FFS get a grip numbskulls.

Create youth players, play them for over a hundred games, don't sell them before contract runs out

Burn the witch.....

FFS get a grip numbskulls

You can't run and win every single dumb**** argument and win

Toxteth O'Grady
Given the source this sounds the most likely story. It is the right thing for Hearts to do but Levein has gone about it wrong by distorting it. I'm not that bothered, it is just a smokescreen CL has created to hide his own failings over apppointing Cathro and messing up recruitment

By the way I'm right

You can't run both arguments so can people with a brain please chose a side.

I expect about 5 reasoned responses.

Seymour M Hersh

Does offering advice count??

Not allowed according to some on here or at least so it would seem.

Sorry but imagine the outcry if walker sat tight for a year then left for nothing?

We need to cash in on him. If he really doesnt want to leave he can sign a new deal. ?200 a week extra plus bonuses, try working for the fekkin nhs!!

Good player on his day but his day usnt frequent enough to make him top class.

Good luck to him unless he heads to ibrox.

Great post. As an NHS worker I totally agree with this. I have had a 1% wage rise for the past 5 yrs and although not happy about it I love my job and the company I work for.

If Walker is such a die hard jambo he would've accepted the rise and as for folk saying but he's got a young family to think off then think about all those people on minimum wage with young families. It's called living within your means.

I have no problems with Walker wanting to move on if it's to go to a better club or league but if he goes along the M8 then that shows no ambition whatsoever and proves he's only chasing the money and I hope he rots in that team

So, going by Allan's words CL interpreted Jamie's refusal to sign a new contract offered as he wants to leave.

Is that why AB has allegedly taken over contract matters?

So, going by Allan's words CL interpreted Jamie's refusal to sign a new contract offered as he wants to leave.

Is that why AB has allegedly taken over contract matters?

When did AB take control of contract matters?

Ricardo Shillyshally

Regardless of his contract situation, Jamie is another player whose been very poor since Cathro arrived.

slashishere

Alleged, rumoured, Itk, been told, read..

Is it not really the case that no one on here really has the first clue about what has or not been discussed.

Jambo 4 Ever

That'll be williamgerrard along later claiming he's spoken to another source he cant reveal...

On a side note Walker's old man doesn't seem the sharpest tool.

Ha he could have atleast checked his spelling!!

Maybe Budge needs to come in and sort this all out

been here before

When did AB take control of contract matters?

We dont know thst she did. Same as we dont know if Walker asked for an increase. Same as we dont know if Levein took it to mean he wants away. Same as we dont know if Walker needs to go to fund the stand...

...doesnt stop the hysteria on here though.

Incidently is anyone looking to hook up for a fight today? I've an hour between 3-4 if it helps.

Maroonblood22

Genuine question, what's the issue with Levein giving advice from the stands? That not allowed?

Or do we know that Cathro has explicitly told Levein that he doesn't want any input from him on match days? I'm confused.

We dont know thst she did. Same as we dont know if Walker asked for an increase. Same as we dont know if Levein took it to mean he wants away. Same as we dont know if Walker needs to go to fund the stand...

...doesnt stop the hysteria on here though.

Incidently is anyone looking to hook up for a fight today? I've an hour between 3-4 if it helps.

looks like you're the one getting hysterical pal.

There's something obviously not right about this scenario. A lie, a breakdown in communication , a misinterpretation?

In the end it doesn't really matter to me. Football moves in and so will the club but it's unfortunate if a good player and servant like Walker has been treated poorly. Doesn't bode well for future situs IF this is the behaviour of the hierarchy.

Archived