So Walker wants to leave...or does he? ( merged thread )

Mr Sifter

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why he want to leave

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dunno. It's been confirmed by Levein though so the question is now how do we deal with it?

I think there is a decent chance a deal is well on way to being agreed.

Just cos it's been announced today he wants to leave doesn't mean it's just happened.

We're more likely just trying to control the news.

gorgieheart

Have an inkling that the deal is already done...cant see why CL would put it out there otherwise !

Captain America

Have an inkling that the deal is already done...cant see why CL would put it out there otherwise !

This.

Along the M8 will leave a bitter taste in my mouth. Anywhere else out with Scotland though and good luck to the guy.

queensferryjambo

If Walker signs for a club bigger than Hearts and gets a regular start I would be surprised. IMO Hearts is his level and even then his consistency at this level has been patchy to say the least. He is IMO a player who can be very good on his day but never quite got there to being great. 

Good luck to him if he leaves Scotland and tries to better himself.

Obviously if he joins a rival SPFL club then my good luck wishes do not apply.

I am reading between the lines here.  Clearly does not support the 'manager'.

Thought Police

All this chat about Walker and Nicholson going to Rangers has made me chuffed that that's the level of player they're after.

Italian Lambretta

Who Levein or Walker or both?

I am reading between the lines here.  Clearly does not support the 'manager'.

I am reading between the lines here. Clearly does not support the 'manager'.

Well he has to go then. He's an employee of the club, if the club employ the tea lady as a head coach then the players need to suck it up. They're paid to do what they're told, not to dictate who their boss should be.

...although tbf your reading between the lines could be BS.

the_jailer

I am reading between the lines here. Clearly does not support the 'manager'.

Levein told Walker he wouldn't make it at a bigger club than hearts when Walker refused to sign a new deal at ?100 extra a month.

We've lost all our best players and a decent coach in the space of six months. Let's hope Berra is only the start of some decent signings.

If Walker signs for a club bigger than Hearts and gets a regular start I would be surprised. IMO Hearts is his level and even then his consistency at this level has been patchy to say the least. He is IMO a player who can be very good on his day but never quite got there to being great. 

Agree with this.

Jamie Walker, in my opinion, needs at least one - maybe even two seasons of consistent top level performances under his belt before he can be thinking about a 'big' move.

At Hearts, he's shown flashes of brilliance which are often hidden amongst largely average spells.

We've lost all our best players and a decent coach in the space of six months. Let's hope Berra is only the start of some decent signings.

I hope so.  Although how poorly I rate Cathro it does seem like he clearly understands the type of signings required and that players like Struna, Sowah and Malaury Martin are just not acceptable on any level.

Bull's-eye

Good, he's not in any way consistent enough for a decent side looking to contest for honours.

He'll be lucky to get into an English Championship side and it wouldn't bother me if he went to another side in Scotland either.

We_are_the_Hearts

Hate it to be The Rangers

No chance, tension is bad enough just now with the support.

**** sake.

Never mind, there will be a flood of incoming posts reassuring me he was shite anyway...

Punks No Deid

agree 100% - will his knee (or knees) pass a thorough medical?

I certainly won't be too upset about this news. He has been good for us over the past few seasons and scored a few goals but his work rate particularly since Cathro arrived has been questionable. He comes over as petulant and he has thrown his toys out of the pram on more than one occasion recently. Suspect he probably doesn't like the role he is being given. Good luck to him and hope he progresses elsewhere preferably outwith Scotland... but we may have had the best of him.

queensferryjambo

The only players we have lost IMO who were really worth keeping were Sow and Paterson. The rest need to be cleared out, they are average and have gone stale.at Hearts.

**** sake.

Never mind, there will be a flood of incoming posts reassuring me he was shite anyway...

He is defo not shite.  He is however something far far worse and that is uninterested.

The only players we have lost IMO who were really worth keeping were Sow and Paterson. The rest need to be cleared out, they are average and have gone stale.at Hearts.

Just Paterson I'm unhappy about

Sow lost us the chance of winning the Scottish Cup but was great money

Nookie Bear

He is defo not shite.  He is however something far far worse and that is uninterested.

When he is playing alongside lazy fraudsters like the Greek Millionaire, who gets picked even when the Head Coach could see he wasn't trying, I don't blame him for upping sticks and getting out of this mess.

queensferryjambo

**** sake.

He has been a good player for Hearts on his day and very much liked by our support.

Shame to see him go as IMO Hearts is his level. 

If he feels he wants to better himself and the only way he feels he can do it is to leave and try somewhere else then he has to try I suppose. 

The People's Chimp

Why he want to leave

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shite wages, revolving door, lack of team spirit. 

Seymour M Hersh

Is this, to a lesser degree, our Barry Fergusson/Paul Le Guen moment but instead of bowing to player pressure the club are taking control? 

Nelly Terraces

Wants to leave. Nah, not buying that shite.

Forced to leave more likes.

**** sake.

I don't think I've seen anyone suggesting he was shite.

I do see a lot of folk who have picked up on his inconsistency, and the fact he's anonymous in games far too often.

Shite? No, certainly not.

But he's also not irreplaceable and if he doesn't want to play his football at Hearts, then I'd rather he wasn't here.

maroonlegions

The question that should be asked is why.

Is it all down to just money or is there a real issue with IC and CL??

Nelly Terraces

Maybe they could use the money from Walker to keep a class player like Struna. :lol:

When he is playing alongside lazy fraudsters like the Greek Millionaire, who gets picked even when the Head Coach could see he wasn't trying, I don't blame him for upping sticks and getting out of this mess.

The whole season was just one big nightmare.  I have never seen such a useless shower of shite in all my life than we had at the end.  A mixture of poor quality, sheer laziness, lack of desire, commitment and motivation, no team spirit and an overall standard so below par they could not even take a throw in properly. **** me it would take some beating. 

Wants to leave. Nah, not buying that shite.

Forced to leave more likes.

We've had people saying Hearts have mis-managed McGhee, Nicholson and Paterson in not getting good fees.

So selling him now instead of for nothing in a year is also poor management?

jambopilms

Walker and Nicholson sum up hearts the last few years. Great at home against so called lesser teams. Go into hiding away from home and against top teams or anyone who wants a battle. Heart of a mouse.

Don't give a **** he wants to go let him get ?1.5m/?2m would be good....hope his career goes one way and that's down hill fast....but he will make good money for himself

crunchy frog

100% agree.

Seymour M Hersh

Maybe they could use the money from Walker to keep a class player like Struna. :lol:

You do know he's left?  

Put simply we can't keep our best players. You can make as many petty jibes as you want but Walker and Paterson are/were our best players and we have contrived to lose them for what will be the minimum they are worth. They weren't perfect because they are both young and developing.

This is undeniably a lack of strategy on our behalf coupled with questionable man management. Are our DoF and coaches fit for purpose? 

Where has this story on the EN website come from? From 'speaking to the press' but no quotes. Also talks about the recruitment not been good enough. Hope more is to come out of this press release where he's been grilled

Edit. I see the other thread now

Nookie Bear

Put simply we can't keep our best players. You can make as many petty jibes as you want but Walker and Paterson are/were our best players and we have contrived to lose them for what will be the minimum they are worth. They weren't perfect because they are both young and developing.

This is undeniably a lack of strategy on our behalf coupled with questionable man management. Are our DoF and coaches fit for purpose? 

It's a shambles.

How much will it cost to replace Walker, against the cost of giving him a better deal? I bet it is a lot cheaper to keep him.

But, he clearly sees the way the wind is blowing at Tynie and wants out.

Lucille's Thirsty

We are losing all of our better players I'm getting slightly anxious are we going to replace them with better players at wages we can afford.

Hope the club know what there doing.

Along the M8 will leave a bitter taste in my mouth. Anywhere else out with Scotland though and good luck to the guy.

Hate it to be The Rangers

If he does end up there, I hope the club gets 100% of whatever fee is agreed up front.  Make sure the cash clears into the account before sticking Walker on the CityLink.

Buffalo Bill

I like Jamie Walker but I'm not convinced there's a higher level to his game.

Still, good luck to him, unless he signs for Rangers.

All this chat about Walker and Nicholson going to Rangers has made me chuffed that that's the level of player they're after.

A great point. With this level of signing we have a chance.

Levein told Walker he wouldn't make it at a bigger club than hearts when Walker refused to sign a new deal at ?100 extra a month.

if I was walker I wouldn't listen to a word that levein says,how can you trust a mans opinion that has made so many **** ups since coming to hearts he's the last person that walker should listen to

Archived