So Walker wants to leave...or does he? ( merged thread )

Mr Sifter

siegementality

It was reported early doors that JW had informed the club that he would want to speak to any club that approached with an interest in him. The crux of that is that JW is prepared to leave if the right club/offer comes in for him. Whilst that might not be quite the same as what CL said i.e. JW has asked to leave, but it's more or less the same thing. Maybe CL should have said exactly what happened rather than some edited version.

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Diadora Van Basten

When we were in admin Walker put the club first.

Having played in the Championship winning team last year should have been a big year for him.

Instead two years on the trot we have messed up the January transfer window and played friendlies from Feb onwards.

I can understand his frustration I think he is being played out of position and being asked to be creative in a team full of defensive midfielders and awful full backs.

We know that we are going to play three at the back next season and there is ai fair chance that he will be asked to be a wing back next season which I doubt he fancies.

I don't blame him if he doesn't fancy playing for Hearts next season as apart from Berra there is nothing to suggest we will be an improvement on this year.

been here before

...if you let me try a ddt on you and march through Gorgie like 1 of the bushwackers I'm up for it

I've got no idea what that means but it sounds like filth.

I might be game for that.

His name is

If levein / hearts are lying he would be fully entitled set the record straight

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

jack D and coke

You will not be the 1st or the last to be be banned for nothing mate , some of the mods on the different Hearts forum's seem to think they are some sort of hierarchy and can ban people for very little or nothing at all , posts seem to get deleted very regularly as well .. it's actually quite annoying ..

It's ridiculously harshly policed at times I agree.

Almost a humour and banter vacuum at times too.

Jambojay84

I've got no idea what that means but it sounds like filth.

I might be game for that.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If this is a lie, why was Joel Sked tweeting last week that Walker wanted away? And a lot of people has resigned themselves to this fact. It was widely known.

Walker also posted on Instagram saying something about a change.

Yet here has presented itself an opportunity to bash Levein and folk are jumping all over it. Most likely the same folk who are also bemoaning CP leaving for nothing (of course you can't force a player to sign a deal, and he got injured so ?1m would have been decent...) yet Hearts are trying to prevent the same thing happening again and that's not good enough either.

Admits what people have said about the last two windows. Still not good enough for some folk.

"He's hiding". "Where's Levein?" Does a press conference. Criticised.

Genuinely, the guy can't win. It's absolutely laughable how childish some folk are.

I have been a bit puzzled about all the fuss. I also was under the impression that Jamie Walker had previously intimated his desire to leave the club. Certainly his most recent performances have smacked of a man who had no enthusiasm for his job.

We might be toiling to get a million quid for him given his injury history and the fact that he seems to go into hiding on occasion.

After seeing that photo of him at Ibrox he can gtf there if he likes because if he is seen as a capture by them then they wont be winning any titles for a long time to come.

Jamie is in Dubai. Hearts want him to sign a long term deal but he is keeping his options open. He is happy to stay next season but Hearts would rather sell and get a decent fee. The ?400k we were hoping to get for Nicholson is a blow if he signs for a team in the US. By going public, we are hoping a championship team will offer us a little bit more than we would get from Rangers. ?1.2m and he will be gone. Jamie Walker is a Hearts supporter but would play for Rangers. His agent has close links to ibrox so is frequently a visitor at their games. Don't think any of this is a surprise.

The club have a funding gap to finish the stand and a team to replace. Every bit of money would help that.

Take your sense and logic and GTF. I want square goes in row 42 of the Wheatfield, with Levein holding the jackets!

Additional to Crawford/McMillan I heard there have been provisional discussions with Ryan Gauld and a second tier bundesliga player, not sure what position/name.

Also to confirm what you mentioned about the stand. Hearts are actively trying to flog Jamie to fund shortfalls in stand budget ..

thats my post from last week before this broke from my source in the inner circle at tynie, the one that told me about berra in January.

He did mention also that jamie probably would like to see out the remainder of his contract (more money for him) but Hearts are having none of it.

jamtartan74

Wow this thread is fantastic (apart from walker wanting to leave). If he goes then hopefully not to sevco, good luck to him. Can we set up a jkb boxing event at tynie to open the new stand for all these square goes? That would bring in a few quid to help with the funding gap.

Selkirk_Jambo

Jamie is in Dubai. Hearts want him to sign a long term deal but he is keeping his options open. He is happy to stay next season but Hearts would rather sell and get a decent fee. The ?400k we were hoping to get for Nicholson is a blow if he signs for a team in the US. By going public, we are hoping a championship team will offer us a little bit more than we would get from Rangers. ?1.2m and he will be gone. Jamie Walker is a Hearts supporter but would play for Rangers. His agent has close links to ibrox so is frequently a visitor at their games. Don't think any of this is a surprise.

The club have a funding gap to finish the stand and a team to replace. Every bit of money would help that.

If we can get anywhere of the region of 1 million, we should take it. He can be excellent but his inconsistency and ability to disappear in games when things aren't going his way is infuriating. At almost 24, his game should be coming together a bit better. It's a shame, when he's on it, he's a class above.

I would also be very surprised if funding shortfall for the stand was relevant in this case. We are a wee bit short but we have a steady and consistent income stream in FOH and a relatively steady supporter base. Unless season ticket sales have been absolutely awful, I can't see us hitting the panic sale button.

Additional to Crawford/McMillan I heard there have been provisional discussions with Ryan Gauld and a second tier bundesliga player, not sure what position/name.

Also to confirm what you mentioned about the stand. Hearts are actively trying to flog Jamie to fund shortfalls in stand budget ..

thats my post from last week before this broke from my source in the inner circle at tynie, the one that told me about berra in January.

He did mention also that jamie probably would like to see out the remainder of his contract (more money for him) but Hearts are having none of it.

Who are Crawford (Ali?) and McMillan?

Bowmans_Boot

Taking Jamie Walker out of the team means there is a huge, massive gap to replace, which will not be easy (or cheap) at all.  Getting rid of/selling our very best and most important players (now I would only include Jamie, Isama & Souttar in that list) is not the way forward. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Walker has peaked. A good player at this level but getting no better. A shame because I like him

Jamboscanbevicius

This is part of the problem of modern football landscape.

Players want to run down their contract as they personally get more money. If a club has to pay a transfer fee they might get a little less per week to offset the fee.

So players try to shaft clubs all the time to protect number 1. This is what has happened with Paterson and Nicholson and I don't blame the club in the slightest for saying enough is enough and cashing in on Jamie!

super_vlad

The most sensible post on here, no way you are a hearts fan

Livvyjambo

Walker calling the shots to be fare . If he wants he sits out his contract until next year he would receive an enormous signing on fee with a club he signed for

This is part of the problem of modern football landscape.

Players want to run down their contract as they personally get more money. If a club has to pay a transfer fee they might get a little less per week to offset the fee.

So players try to shaft clubs all the time to protect number 1. This is what has happened with Paterson and Nicholson and I don't blame the club in the slightest for saying enough is enough and cashing in on Jamie!

The same modern football landscape we have exploited ourselves. Ultimately the club still has the opportunity to offer a good deal for a player to stay. There are serious questions surrounding the identity of the club when we can't keep the players who have come through our ranks. I don't think anyone would have issues about a structure aimed at retaining homegrown players, some continuity is important particularly for young fans. I know how much I hero worshipped Robbo, JC and Levein himself when I was growing up.

Siphiwe Tshabalala

Folk offering scraps on the internet will never stop being amusing.

He Who Cannot Be Named

Over rated in a 'best of a bad bunch' kind of way and lacks the intelligence levels to make it down south. I reckon we will replace him fairly easily. Don't really want Rangers sympathisers involved in our club. Enjoy Ibrox. Turncoat.

Walker calling the shots to be fare . If he wants he sits out his contract until next year he would receive an enormous signing on fee with a club he signed for

Exactly and Hearts are supposed to sit back and allow him to do this.

Then the same people who are criticizing Levein  for players leaving for nothing would be on his case if Walker leaves for nothing.

The hatred for CL is clearly clouding peoples judgement.

I would take everything that the player's family have said with a large pinch of salt.

Exactly.

If we can't afford to offer the lad a good deal then how can we afford to replace him.

Not only him but the 10 or so goals Paterson knocks in a season from defence.

Can't see where we will find a player who scores 15 goals from midfield for less than a million never mind replace the 25 goals from both for less.

Nor can I see us replacing a player like Walker for less than 3 grand a week or so.

He's quite happy to spunk away money on the shite he's signed but unwilling to give the same deals to genuine Hearts laddies.

Levein should give up his wage for the year to keep these players.

Exactly this. Walker to me is one of 3 no brainers to keep at Hearts.

When he's gone and we've got the likes of Martin playing weekly we'll be crying out to have Jamie back.

Really cannot see the logic in losing Walker. None at all. Yes money now. But I'd be saving agent money and fees for a new set of players replacing him by giving him more money and a 3 year deal.

If the player doesn't want to leave we don't have to sell.

If Aberdeen spent ?500,000 for McLean and they make cash and Jamie "wants" away I can see them and Rangers offering derisory bids and Walker ended up there.

I honestly can't see him down south. He seems settled here in Edinburgh. So it'll be Rangers. And to me we'd be shooting ourselves in the foot.

If we play 3-5-2 or 3-5-1-1 next season there might not be a slot for him. He could arguably play behind the striker in the latter. Jamie is suited to wide areas in a 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1. I suspect we will see bruising,athletic players in a 3-5-1-1 or similar. I think the club are excising good business sense knowing he will leave for free next year and trying to capitalise now to help with the stand. I would hope we could get something in the region of 750k plus. Clearly strachan doesn't rate him as he has not been seen near a Scotland squad.

Ahhh Facebook the encyclopedia of bull sh!t!

I'm pretty sure if this was true Walker would come out himself and say it wasn't true

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

So FB is bullshit but JKB is gospel.

Ahhhhhh got you.

:cornette:

Clark Griswold

So FB is bullshit but JKB is gospel.

Ahhhhhh got you.

:cornette:

:lol:

Exactly and Hearts are supposed to sit back and allow him to do this.

Then the same people who are criticizing Levein for players leaving for nothing would be on his case if Walker leaves for nothing.

The hatred for CL is clearly clouding peoples judgement.

I would take everything that the player's family have said with a large pinch of salt.

Not exactly.

If Walker doesn't want to leave and is looking for say an extra ?100-200 a week then why should he be forced out? One last season on his current wage then see how things look then.

The club to me have done a stupid thing.

He's our best asset in the squad for selling. Levein says "he wants away". In doing so he cuts the money we could make on him. Say Bristol City or Rangers offered ?500,000 and Levein goes no, ?1m minimum. They'll just laugh at him and point out he said Walker wants out. Take it or leave it.

Equally, in doing so - Walker's views aside - we've shown Jamie 0 loyalty over this. "Cheers for your 15 goals, now **** off, we need this stand more than you." So if he attracts hee-haw and 6 months later we offer him an improved deal he'll likely go "nah, you missed the chance... all the best".

We've put ourselves over a barrell. Walker holds all the cards here now. Not us.

Very very bizarre stuff.

Finally, someone summing it up perfectly.

If we play 3-5-2 or 3-5-1-1 next season there might not be a slot for him. He could arguably play behind the striker in the latter. Jamie is suited to wide areas in a 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1. I suspect we will see bruising,athletic players in a 3-5-1-1 or similar. I think the club are excising good business sense knowing he will leave for free next year and trying to capitalise now to help with the stand. I would hope we could get something in the region of 750k plus. Clearly strachan doesn't rate him as he has not been seen near a Scotland squad.

His best performances for us has been in behind the striker. And Since Robbie came in he's largely played in the hole.

And Strachan is an arse with Scotland - boys like Murphy, McLean, Shinnie hardly get a sniff but Chris Martin does. However, I don't think Walker is international quality. But in saying that he's quality for us.

New contract in my eyes. We're guff at present. The players we're retaining aren't great and to lose Jamie makes me worry a lot about next season. Like Hibs a few seasons back our new stand may not get capacity if we keep signing dross and selling anyone we can for a quick buck.

Taking Jamie Walker out of the team means there is a huge, massive gap to replace, which will not be easy (or cheap) at all. Getting rid of/selling our very best and most important players (now I would only include Jamie, Isama & Souttar in that list) is not the way forward.

:spoton:

Would rather see the 3k per week spent on good players like Jamie Walker than the director of football.

Alternatively over 3 years having no dof fills half the supposed stand funding gap.

Livvyjambo

The worry for me is unless it's been undisclosed nobody has made bids for Walker . Why would it change now if we are still looking for a healthy fee . Now any club can wait until Jan and sign him on a pre contract for nothing . I suspect this will be walkers plan.

I just wonder if today's tactic at the presser will pi** him off and he digs his heels in and leaves us with no option. Just feels we should have managed the whole situation so much better although maybe Levein's thoughts were to put it out in the open to attract suitors . Just wonder how much we now need this money particularly with the stories of the stand costs running away

His best performances for us has been in behind the striker. And Since Robbie came in he's largely played in the hole.

And Strachan is an arse with Scotland - boys like Murphy, McLean, Shinnie hardly get a sniff but Chris Martin does. However, I don't think Walker is international quality. But in saying that he's quality for us.

New contract in my eyes. We're guff at present. The players we're retaining aren't great and to lose Jamie makes me worry a lot about next season. Like Hibs a few seasons back our new stand may not get capacity if we keep signing dross and selling anyone we can for a quick buck.

I just think we will end up with more players like cowie and less like Nicholson and walker.... I can see that was leveins preferred approach... a bit like Martin o Neil, line them up tallest to shortest and pick the first 11

Livvyjambo

Not exactly.

If Walker doesn't want to leave and is looking for say an extra ?100-200 a week then why should he be forced out? One last season on his current wage then see how things look then.

He's our best asset in the squad for selling. Levein says "he wants away". In doing so he cuts the money we could make on him. Say Bristol City or Rangers offered ?500,000 and Levein goes no, ?1m minimum. They'll just laugh at him and point out he said Walker wants out. Take it or leave it.

Equally, in doing so - Walker's views aside - we've shown Jamie 0 loyalty over this. "Cheers for your 15 goals, now **** off, we need this stand more than you." So if he attracts hee-haw and 6 months later we offer him an improved deal he'll likely go "nah, you missed the chance... all the best".

We've put ourselves over a barrell. Walker holds all the cards here now. Not us.

Very very bizarre stuff.

Great points

Well darling do you want a gold medal for knowing me its in the post ps i know alot more than you so away back to ur dishes

ffs, what an embarrassment.

Since when did the funding of the new stand become a Major problem as some are making out on this thread.

johnking123

As I have said before. Walker is gone. We have had far better players leave and survived. You could see since after the rangers game when he scored 2 goals. His mind has been somewhere else.

Not exactly.

Very very bizarre stuff.

two good posts mate....

Not quite the truth though is it ?

"Jamie said he has been here a long time and feels it is time to move on."

Reality is he wants to leave and the club are faced with the age old problem of selling this season and gettng a fee or playing him next season and allowing him to leave for no fee

It's not the first time and it won't be the last

Time for fans to wise up and appreciate this is also a business, hard decisions need to be taken..if he doesn't want to stay then cheerio and he'll go with my best wishes for his time and efforts. He has at least told the club of his wishes instead of playing us along all of next season.

PS this rather silly link with stand funding is just another issue that those who want to create issues use..are they really fans at all ?

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

All a bit of a mess. So far Levein has done nothing a semi competent manager couldn't have done on his own.

Since when did the funding of the new stand become a Major problem as some are making out on this thread.

Probably since the football department totally screwed up the second half of the season with no discernible consequences for them.

The worry for me is unless it's been undisclosed nobody has made bids for Walker . Why would it change now if we are still looking for a healthy fee . Now any club can wait until Jan and sign him on a pre contract for nothing . I suspect this will be walkers plan.

I just wonder if today's tactic at the presser will pi** him off and he digs his heels in and leaves us with no option. Just feels we should have managed the whole situation so much better although maybe Levein's thoughts were to put it out in the open to attract suitors . Just wonder how much we now need this money particularly with the stories of the stand costs running away

Can you expand on your last paragraph ?

Craig levein said on the note passing today

"I just laughed when I saw those comments. There were never any notes passed, trust me. That's not true.

So we all know that that is a complete lie. Is anyone trying to tell me they trust 100% what he's said about walker?

Im 'ITK'as much as that mug but Im happy to meet up for a pagger before then if it helps.

Nae lightweights or chickens though but mibbes best if you bring an army.

Bring an army.

This is not the 1970's.

Craig levein said on the note passing today

"I just laughed when I saw those comments. There were never any notes passed, trust me. That's not true.

So we all know that that is a complete lie. Is anyone trying to tell me they trust 100% what he's said about walker?

Levein hasn't passsed notes to Cathro or McPhee. Both of them have passed notes to players. Leveins comment 100% accurate from a personal point of view. Truth on that one so probably truth re walker.

HillmanHearts

I like Jamie but if he isn't going to sign an extension then Hearts are right to stimulate interest to get him out now for a fee.

Ivan Drago

All a bit of a mess. So far Levein has done nothing a semi competent manager couldn't have done on his own.

He basically just does what Romanov used to do but without the entertaining shenanigans :(

Levein hasn't passsed notes to Cathro or McPhee. Both of them have passed notes to players. Leveins comment 100% accurate from a personal point of view. Truth on that one so probably truth re walker.

So Levein hasn't passed any notes down to cathro/mcphee? Either verbally or on a piece of paper? He hasn't had Jon Daly scurrying up and down the stairs? So that never happened then?

Archived