***Potential signings/Transfer rumours Thread***

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

I'm more upset than anyone else that we haven't brought anyone one in since the window opened a few days ago. No more proof is needed that our targets have all turned us down and nobody wants to play for Cathro or levein. We will have to go with what we have and we will be relegated. If anyone does actually sign he will be shit so I don't know why we bother signing anyone.

Just wanted to quote this so everyone can enjoy reading it twice.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Unknown user

I'm more upset than anyone else that we haven't brought anyone one in since the window opened a few days ago. No more proof is needed that our targets have all turned us down and nobody wants to play for Cathro or levein. We will have to go with what we have and we will be relegated. If anyone does actually sign he will be shit so I don't know why we bother signing anyone.

I can't tell if this is superb satire or witless gobshitery

Until our targets sign for other clubs no-one can say they have turned us down.

Patience people, you'll cut your circulation twisting yer knickers so tight

Clerry Jambo

The slight panic for me is the numbers we need to add, if it was only a few then fine take your time, but we need quite a few more than that

You can sign and register anyone from anywhere if your own domestic window is open

Actually that makes sense, otherwise it would be pointless having transfer windows that run at different times!

:vrface:

Someone nip roond to this ***** hoose and make sure he's no hingin fae the ceiling ffs.

Most contracts don't end till 31st of June.

FFS we will never sign anyone ever again if we have to wait until the 31st of June.

This was sarcasm. I thought it was obvious but maybe not the way KB has been lately.

Unknown user

This was sarcasm. I thought it was obvious but maybe not the way KB has been lately.

:laugh: then good one

Jambof3tornado

While its great to get the signings done early I'm quite relaxed about this.

Might be freeing up more wages before we can see what level we can bring in.

Still a bit of deadwood to strip away imo.

I'm hoping the squad is bolstered more by youngster next season as a positive sign the academy is working.

All roads lead to Gorgie

That's not the point though, you said this on reference to recruitment;

"What the feck does the manager do, isn't it his job to recognise players that would benefit the team."

In short, no.

My point was sort of made in jest but more seriously whilst agencies are a useful tool in finding players, maybe deeper research into the said players qualities and a discussion between the DOF and coach, the man that takes the flak after all, is needed to achieve our objectives. A lot of players seem to end up at Tynecastle after being touted around a lot of clubs before by these agencies and the reasons why soon become obvious. The impression I get is teams like Aberdeen identify players they need more through their management team.

4 more pages of complete drivel

I will pop back in an hour

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

OmiyaHearts

My only slight concern is the number of players who seem to want to leave, combined with the number of players we maybe no longer want at the club. 

I think we need a fair amount of incoming players if we lose Walker, Djoum and get of under performing players like Sammon, Osh, Kitchen, Johnsen & Nowak. Combine this with the players already gone.

The squad is bereft of quality if we have to keep some of the under performers and play them next season.

jambopilms, on 13 Jun 2017 - 09:18 AM, said:

ueeZ8VY.png

While there is still time the combination of lack of signings so far, better players wanting to leave, duff player staying and a manager that people want to reassess when he has his own signings does entitle people to be a wee bit concerned does it not?

Until our targets sign for other clubs no-one can say they have turned us down.

Patience people, you'll cut your circulation twisting yer knickers so tight

That should be targets as perceived by JKB. Hearts have not stated who their targets are or even  hinted at who they might be. 

So what you're saying is that as soon as Stewart signs for Hibs or Aberdeen we SHOULD get our knickers in a twist because he is regarded as a target by some on here.

I'm starting to think the blood flow is already constricted regardless of the state of their knickers.

Bungalow Bill

I think we need a fair amount of incoming players if we lose Walker, Djoum and get of under performing players like Sammon, Osh, Kitchen, Johnsen & Nowak. Combine this with the players already gone.

Bit harsh on Nowak, he's a decent enough squad player in my book.

Thought Police

Someone nip roond to this ***** hoose and make sure he's no hingin fae the ceiling ffs.

Might come round yours and make sure your sarcasm detector doesn't need a new battery

Wonder if we're waiting to see if Celtic let Ciftci leave instead of looking for a fee.

Has he been rumoured as a potential target? Sorry if I've missed this?

Might come round yours and make sure your sarcasm detector doesn't need a new battery

More than welcome to TP. Looks like you'll be chappin doors all day tho if yer goin round everyone that replied to that post. Bring rolls if yer comin. And bacon. Am ****ing starving :-)

All roads lead to Gorgie

I think he was but that was as a loan in January if I am not mistaken. Shows we are maybe interested.

Unknown user

My point was sort of made in jest but more seriously whilst agencies are a useful tool in finding players, maybe deeper research into the said players qualities and a discussion between the DOF and coach, the man that takes the flak after all, is needed to achieve our objectives. A lot of players seem to end up at Tynecastle after being touted around a lot of clubs before by these agencies and the reasons why soon become obvious. The impression I get is teams like Aberdeen identify players they need more through their management team.

Is there any reason to believe that all this won't happen after players with good stats have been identified?

Gon?alves, our one good January signing, was known to Cathro and McPhee, so we clearly aren't ignoring what they know - we've brought in a company to analyse stats and try to get a competitive advantage - what's wrong with that? We've been desperate for a change in how we do things, let's see how it goes before we judge it

There was alot of chat about him last summer. There's 2 years left on his deal I think so it would require a leaving by mutual consent agreement.

Probably stemmed from him being a former Dundee Utd player but I don't think anyone at the club was still with Utd at the time. Levein would have been Scotland manager at the time.

Just correcting this I think Cathro was still a youth coach there and Ciftci would have been around 20-21 at the time so they may have known each other.

Jambof3tornado

Bit harsh on Nowak, he's a decent enough squad player in my book.

Correct. And offers cover in more than 1 position.

Apart from Sevco, nobody is really going balls out with signings thus far.

Rangers signing Portagay after Portagay and a few Mexicans thrown in could backfire like our January window did.  "Missing a spine" perhaps

Rangers signing Portagay after Portagay and a few Mexicans thrown in could backfire like our January window did. "Missing a spine" perhaps

They'll still have Wilson and Holt to form a spine with. :rofl:

Elias Henry Furst

I think we'd all hoped we'd have seen some more movement before now.

We have several players we don't want and there are others who clearly want to move on.

Given the numbers involved I can't see the squad being where we want it to be this Summer.

It's all a bit messy.

Elias Henry Furst

Greg Stewart is going to be announced today or tomorrow.

Confident of source?

Just as a reminder when Hearts went over to Ireland on a previous occasion was under Burley.

We played St. Patrick's on the 10th July(roughly) and not one signing had been made at that point. In fact I'm sure Burley didn't even look at signings until the Middlesbrough game which was on the 20th? During this time Andy Webster was also trying to engineer a move to Rangers.

I'm quite relaxed about us making signings.

There was alot of chat about him last summer. There's 2 years left on his deal I think so it would require a leaving by mutual consent agreement.

Probably stemmed from him being a former Dundee Utd player but I don't think anyone at the club was still with Utd at the time. Levein would have been Scotland manager at the time.

Just correcting this I think Cathro was still a youth coach there and Ciftci would have been around 20-21 at the time so they may have known each other.

Ah, ok. :thumbsup:

Just as a reminder when Hearts went over to Ireland on a previous occasion was under Burley.

We played St. Patrick's on the 10th July(roughly) and not one signing had been made at that point. In fact I'm sure Burley didn't even look at signings until the Middlesbrough game which was on the 20th? During this time Andy Webster was also trying to engineer a move to Rangers.

I'm quite relaxed about us making signings.

Did we not have about 6/7 signing for the boro game?

It is a little concerning, not only are we going back threadbare, we are re- Grouping with players such as walker, sammon, osh,kitchen and Djoum still here, all players that are surplus to requirements or touting for moves away.

Not great for planning or good first impressions for our new signings.

It can't be a happy place ATM.

Plenty time, but in all honesty we aren't moving at any pace giving the amount of work needing done.

It probably isn't a happy place nor a sad place.  If training doesn't start until Friday I would guess there's hardly anyone there to be happy or sad.

Did we not have about 6/7 signing for the boro game?

Pretty sure it was just a boat load of trialists and the actual signings were made after.

I heard a rumour last night, again I'm in no way itk and only passing on what I've heard, that we have signed 4 players but aren't getting unveiled until Friday along with the kit.

I don't believe this in anyway and told my mate that he's talking rubbish but if it does happen then I think I need to do some major apologising

Hagar the Horrible

Rangers signing Portagay after Portagay and a few Mexicans thrown in could backfire like our January window did.  "Missing a spine" perhaps

And like the Mexican carpet fitter recomends........underlay underlay

Rangers signing players with vowls at the ends of their name, dont make them better players.  There team sheet will look like a Tapas menu

Archived