***Potential signings/Transfer rumours Thread***

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Captain America

Is he still in it? Noticed Ken Barlow was still there last week. Is the Rovers still open these days?

True story our DoF conducted a raffle with myself and spoke only about Coronation Street, he was a player at the time. Many years ago.

I don't watch it so i feel like i am out of my depth answering these questions but it true ITK style ( Notts exempt) I will make up the answers and pass them off as truth.

1) No, he left to sign for Eastenders. Corrie offered him a new deal but after accepting he then refused and started getting his pictured with Phil & Grant Mitchell at the soap awards.

2) Rovers is open, new manager been in charge for 6mths under the watchful eye of former manager Jack Duckworth and Betty ( who now owns the pub), Sales have been down though and he is under pressure. Hopefully the new pub 'season' sees a change in fortunes. 

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Escobar PHM

Noel Hunt must be about 40 now

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

34. Levein will need shooting if he signs Noel Hunt. Boy has scored half a dozen goals in 4 years !!!

gorgieheart

So with Reilly away we are interested in another headless chicken with no ability in the shape of Noel Hunt,who was at United under the DoF. I thought Cathro was supposed to be picking the players?

in the shape of Noel Hunt...or actually Noel Hunt ?  ... the 34yr old striker who will be out of contract from Portsmouth in August...  that Noel Hunt  ?   

The same Noel Hunt who has scored 1 goal in 20 appearances ?  That Noel Hunt ?    or just somebody who is the same shape as him ?

rudi must stay

Hunt's a nippy wee player that would get a few goals for us. Could be a Sammon situation though, but I think he's worth a punt. A player other clubs love to hate and we are missing that arrogance in the team

34. Levein will need shooting if he signs Noel Hunt. Boy has scored half a dozen goals in 4 years !!!

Christ seems to have been about for donkeys surprised he still only 34

Anybody fancy a Polish left sided defender?

I used to be a respected (lol) ITK and I posted the fact it was a defender and not a striker yesterday.

I got a few just making things up replies.

Notts posts it and it's all good.

Dam that pesky Notts ha ha

Hopefully the first of many mate

Osh is never leaving.

I have accepted the fact he is always going to be around and always going to be 3rd choice left back.

#GODISGOD

#OSHISOSH

Escobar PHM

Hunt's a nippy wee player that would get a few goals for us. Could be a Sammon situation though, but I think he's worth a punt. A player other clubs love to hate and we are missing that arrogance in the team

Nut. Sorry. Youre having a laugh.

Also heard we are in for Noel Hunt. Also heard we are in for a double swoop for the Young brothers

Eoin Jess off to Rangers too according to Chick the Dick Young.

Escobar PHM

I used to be a respected (lol) ITK and I posted the fact it was a defender and not a striker yesterday.

I got a few just making things up replies.

Notts posts it and it's all good.

Dam that pesky Notts ha ha

Hopefully the first of many mate

Nae use withoot a name pal................lol

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I don't watch it so i feel like i am out of my depth answering these questions but it true ITK style ( Notts exempt) I will make up the answers and pass them off as truth.

1) No, he left to sign for Eastenders. Corrie offered him a new deal but after accepting he then refused and started getting his pictured with Phil & Grant Mitchell at the soap awards.

2) Rovers is open, new manager been in charge for 6mths under the watchful eye of former manager Jack Duckworth and Betty ( who now owns the pub), Sales have been down though and he is under pressure. Hopefully the new pub 'season' sees a change in fortunes. 

:lol:

Thought we were after known quantities these days

transfer policy was also apparently changing (ie signing British players) we are obviously not paying very good wages at all and failing to get our top targets if we are going down this route once again

Another wage on a "back up" player?

What's the point in the youth system,Hearts are in major need of some quality for the 1st team which should be priority,backing up already shite players makes no sense.

Bungalow Bill

transfer policy was also apparently changing (ie signing British players) we are obviously not paying very good wages at all and failing to get our top targets if we are going down this route once again

Obviously...

2 signings so far and both British, one of which is a current internationalist.

Escobar PHM

Its extremely telling if Aberdeen get Stewart ahead of us.

Obviously...

2 signings so far and both British, one of which is a current internationalist. This I'm happy with. The discussion appears to around signing a polish left back however and that's what I'm referring to. Do see point I'm another oshaniwa rherras or sowah

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

They have more money to offer. It really is that simple.

What's the point in the youth system,Hearts are in major need of some quality for the 1st team which should be priority,backing up already shite players makes no sense.

Bet that post sounded good in your head didn't it.

RustyRightPeg

Not really. They will probably pay a higher % of his wage and they've been miles ahead of us for 3+ years now.

Europe will be a big draw for him also I'd guess.

Escobar PHM

Not really. They will probably pay a higher % of his wage and they've been miles ahead of us for 3+ years now.

If we don't start seriously closing that gap, how are we ever going to compete with them ? I know we got Sammon ahead of them but on reflection they dodged a bullet there.

Bungalow Bill

But how is it obvious?

At this point we're assuming we're signing a foreign left back.

If we do sign a foreign left back, do you know what terms we're offering?

There is nothing obvious, just assumptions, most of which are wild on this forum when it comes to the footballing department of the club.

Escobar PHM

Europe will be a big draw for him also I'd guess.

How ? One or two rounds half way through the summer against Dinamo Whatstheirname and Sparta Middleofnaewhere

How ? One or two rounds half way through the summer against Dinamo Whatstheirname and Sparta Middleofnaewhere

Considering the whole thing is made up who knows what his motivation is.

Generic Username

Aberdeen with their record of hitting cup finals, achieving European football and finishing either 2nd or 3rd in the last 3 seasons are blatantly a bigger draw than Hearts and what is effectively our "ground zero" position at present.

Watt-Zeefuik

If it's Noel Hunt I hope he's coming to kick off his coaching career under his old friend Levein.

Rudolf's Mate

Went to post similar when Notts posted that. Actually said same last season as well. We shouldn't be bringing in players to fill gaps or simply be squad players.

Malcolm Tucker

Went to post similar when Notts posted that. Actually said same last season as well. We shouldn't be bringing in players to fill gaps or simply be squad players.

Great shout aye. Let's just have 1 player for every position.

Elias Henry Furst

There's some merit in this. We needed 4/5/6 players who would instantly be first choice pics. Berra obviously is but IF this is true, it's another squad filler along with Stockton.

I can't help shake off the feeling that we need to move players on before we can utilise their wages elsewhere.

There must be about 10k a week we are wanting to shift out the club. The mistakes of the last few years may be catching up with us.

Rudolf's Mate

Aye cos a said that :cornette:

If it's common knowledge that you're bringing a player in to sit on the bench then you're setting yourself up for defeat. We did this last season and it worked for us right enough eh [emoji85]

Why they have a massive budget over us.

heartsfc_fan

Why they have a massive budget over us.

That will change soon when we reap the benefits of a bigger stadium with better corporate facilities.

Malcolm Tucker

Aye cos a said that :cornette:

If it's common knowledge that you're bringing a player in to sit on the bench then you're setting yourself up for defeat. We did this last season and it worked for us right enough eh [emoji85]

It's common knowledge that for any team to have success they need depth. We're talking about the left-back position here. Rherras is gone, Sowah is gone, Oshaniwa will be gone. We need to sign 2 left-backs. Looks like we're signing 2 left-backs. What's the issue?

Elias Henry Furst

It's common knowledge that for any team to have success they need depth. We're talking about the left-back position here. Rherras is gone, Sowah is gone, Oshaniwa will be gone. We need to sign 2 left-backs. Looks like we're signing 2 left-backs. What's the issue?

I hope you're right re Osh but I'll believe it when I see it.

RustyRightPeg

If we don't start seriously closing that gap, how are we ever going to compete with them ? I know we got Sammon ahead of them but on reflection they dodged a bullet there.

Sometimes club's go through cycles and everything they do works. Aberdeen have done that, they've recruited wisely and we haven't. Simple as that. Take into account we weren't in the league for a year, they picked up players we potentially could've during that time (Rooney, McLean etc.) and they've made the most of it. Time will tell if that's now run its course and they are beginning their spell on the downward spiral, with Hayes moving on, McGinn amongst others.

Perhaps we will close the gap? Greg Stewart isn't the be all and end all.

Rudolf's Mate

I actually agree with you MT but I don't like the idea of bringing people in as stop gaps. Imo they should be told they'll be fighting for a first team place.

I agree wholeheartedly you need depth as I do also appreciate that you fill a squad with supposedly first team players then you're going to have a few unhappy players. Double edge sword.

Bet that post sounded good in your head didn't it.

What part are you unhappy with chief and I'll clear that up for you.

Watt-Zeefuik

While in general I agree with you TBF there's an argument that squad players should be coming from the academy. We're not at that stage yet but it's probably where we need to try to get.

Meanwhile I'm to the point where I can't even get excited about an announcement that we're signing a left back. I'm finding it impossible to believe we're not just going to overspend on another loser.  Hoping for better, but I'll let myself be pleasantly surprised if it happens rather than disappointed.

Nookie Bear

Until Osh leaves, he needs to be the reserve left back. We can't afford to keep forking out to cover our scouting mistakes.

Hopefully we get a left back who is decent and stays fit. We can play Osh at parkhead where it doesn't matter much anyway...

If we are bringing in transfer fees/development fees for Paterson, Nicholson, Walker, Djoum etc the club better be using that money to re-invest in the playing squad rather than to fund the shortfall in the stand or it's a recipe for disaster. FOH pledges will take care of the stand in time, but if the stuff on the park is sub-standard, because of signing on the cheap, the whole thing will come tumbling down.

If we are bringing in transfer fees/development fees for Paterson, Nicholson, Walker, Djoum etc the club better be using that money to re-invest in the playing squad rather than to fund the shortfall in the stand or it's a recipe for disaster. FOH pledges will take care of the stand in time, but if the stuff on the park is sub-standard, because of signing on the cheap, the whole thing will come tumbling down.

I agree with this.

It is vital that the club is on a financially sound footing however; without a decent team we are not worth watching. Success on the park brings success to the clubs coffers.

A repeat of what happened last half of last season in the first half of next season and we wont even be able to fill the stadium.

Any spare cash we get as part of player transfers should be given to the playing squad to re-invest.

What part are you unhappy with chief and I'll clear that up for you.

I was most happy when you stopped typing sunshine. We don't have any available left backs at the minute pal.

I'm no football genius but I suggest we need more than one.

gorgieheart

I was most happy when you stopped typing sunshine. We don't have any available left backs at the minute pal.

I'm no football genius but I suggest we need more than one.

We have one..... Oshy...!

Archived