***Potential signings/Transfer rumours Thread***

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Bloody hell only read the last few pages to get up to date and it's a bitch fest .

Anyone got any updates ?

Young left back from Citeh and a Polish striker are the latest rumours I heard . Add deals on the table for Whittaker, Caddis and Allen .

Any truth in these, any substance to them , have they been outed as rubbish ?

Any other rumours ive missed ?

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hmfc_liam06

What if there isn't 4 or 5 youth players who are of the standard quite yet but this a plug a hole type signing until one is?

More than happy with that approach as long as the outlay is relatively low.

Would rather have russell than some polish squad player

You don't even know who the boy is ffs.

I'm hardly moaning. I'm making perfectly valid points about our signing policy of the last few windows and SPECULATING that we might do it again and make the same mistakes. Just a discussion mate. Ignore me if you dont fancy a discussion. I thought thats what we were all here for though ?

Sorry I took your speculating and discussion as moaning and having an unnesasarry dig at the club over something that hasn't happened. I apologise.

Outstanding comment, have you seen the Polish lad play? :rofl:

Based on what?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Turkish striker I'm hearing but he's been told to say nothing about the move, name given was Unda Mahat.

Turkish striker I'm hearing but he's been told to say nothing about the move, name given was Unda Mahat.

How dare you crack a light hearted joke in the midst of us signing 2 frigging left backs ya clown have a word man we are wasting money on a back up fullback to our 1st team full back take it frigging seriously mate eh

How dare you crack a light hearted joke in the midst of us signing 2 frigging left backs ya clown have a word man we are wasting money on a back up fullback to our 1st team full back take it frigging seriously mate eh

:lol:

Outstanding comment, have you seen the Polish lad play? :rofl:

He has probably seen Russell the same amount of times as the polish guy

He has probably seen Russell the same amount of times as the polish guy

He'll have seen Russell when Morton were playing at Easter Road, 100%.

You must have same source as me Debut

you keeping Schtum CJ?

Now I'm the one going to look daft if this signing doesn't happen. Cheers

When does the Dutch/Belgian 3rd division open for business?

All year round mate you thinking of entering a team in there

I'm hardly moaning. I'm making perfectly valid points about our signing policy of the last few windows and SPECULATING that we might do it again and make the same mistakes. Just a discussion mate. Ignore me if you dont fancy a discussion. I thought thats what we were all here for though ?

So say if we sign the young city left back on loan. And he would be first team. And then there is just Osh after him.

If the going gets tough and the team goes down on confidence a bit. He might lose motivation or effort. And can be almost sure to start every game.

Having a back up is a good way of keeping players on their toes. Having competition, people working hard to make sure they play week in week out.

Ideally it would be young players, but our academy went through a huge makeover under 3 years ago. We should start to see the benefits soon but until then we will need to bring outside players in to fill gaps in the Squad.

Whether that are Polish, Scottish or Japanese doesn't make the slightest difference as long as they improve the squad until a youth player can step up

Based on what?

Probably based on the fact there's not enough moaning for JiH today.

He needs a chance before declaring him pish. Least give him the first half of the first game :lol:

*edit* Signing him first would be good.

Escobar PHM

What if there isn't 4 or 5 youth players who are of the standard quite yet but this a plug a hole type signing until one is?

More than happy with that approach as long as the outlay is relatively low.

Point taken and I'm not bitching but at what stage do we actually say 'you know what, lets get some structure into the future of the club and give a few laddies a glimmer of hope that there's a real chance for them at Hearts' There must be a few in the last couple of years who were worth more of a chance that we have given them to date. The laddie Beith (albeit not helped by injuries) Reilly, Zanatta, Currie, Smith and a few others have to take a back seat for the likes of Sowah, Rherras, Struna, Sammon, Choulay, Martin (and thats only the recent ones) and a whole raft of others who were here to get paid and not much else. 

Don't get me wrong, signing the odd bit of experience and taking the odd punt isn't a bad thing, and its probably something we have to do in part, but we've over loaded the squad with them and we've ended up in an unstructured mess because of it and we now need 7-8 decent players just to get back on an even keel

Escobar PHM

Sorry I took your speculating and discussion as moaning and having an unnesasarry dig at the club over something that hasn't happened. I apologise.

I'll moan if it happens. Until then I'll speculate that it might and be pleasantly surprised if it doesn't.

The Apprentice

He'll have seen Russell when Morton were playing at Easter Road, 100%.

I'm waiting for the "well at least Russell will have heard of Hearts" statement. Usually comes along shortly after.

I'm waiting for the "well at least Russell will have heard of Hearts" statement. Usually comes along shortly after.

Guid Scottish laddie will then follow after that.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Some folk seem to be under the impression that we will only be signing British players or players who have experience of British football. Not once has it been said that this is what we will be doing.

Getting back to transfer rumours and not slating fictional players the polish striker that has been linked with us over the last few days is away on holiday so either not him or no announcement imminent

Possible he's signed and done the interviews and we've not announced it yet?

Holyrood_Hearts

I was away to google his name before I realised!!

I was away to google his name before I realised!!

I did Google the name

That's how I Ken he wisnae taking this 2 left backs seriously enough

TWO!!!!!!

we only have room for 1 at time

And he's trying to crack jokes

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Some folk seem to be under the impression that we will only be signing British players or players who have experience of British football. Not once has it been said that this is what we will be doing.

Correct. To disregard the whole European market would be quite frankly rather stupid.

Austin Jambo

Nobody really knows who we are looking at bringing in but people are getting a bit nervous with the lack of action and I can see why. Rangers are getting a lot of business done early and are bringing in a quality we cant match. We need to bring in good quality in order to have a chance at 4th in the league next season. If we are not careful i can see us ending up in mid table obscurity. More players of the calibre of Berra are required but I fear we will struggle to attract these players and may end up with more foreign players who are a gamble. One thing is for sure the club is under increased scrutiny here after a period of shocking recruitment and we need to see some positive action in comings and goings very soon indeed.

Bazzas right boot

The explanation is that some folk are stupid.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Did Levein not say that?

No. The management team have stated that the priority will be British players and players who know the league to introduce a more homegrown spine but they have also said that doesn't mean we will be ruling out the foreign market entirely. That would be daft.

Pressure of being first choice at Hearts tripped him.

Sorry, just amused at the thought that being first choice fb with us was a lot of pressure.

Not as if there's been much to beat in recent memory.  :Hearts Man spotrun:

Pasquale for King

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/big-interview-craig-levein-opens-up-on-cathro-and-hearts-plans-1-4461461

A Scottish, or at least British, spine must be reinstalled in Gorgie. Cathro has already enjoyed Christophe Berra?s return

A body is made up of more than a spine

There's lungs muscles and a heart and that's just the ones I can think off the top of my head

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Sorry, just amused at the thought that being first choice fb with us was a lot of pressure.

Not as if there's been much to beat in recent memory. :Hearts Man spotrun:

My impression was he was used to playing either at small club's or reserve football. 16k every week he wasn't used to

jamboinglasgow

Good interview with Levein where he says that we wants a British core, but says Hearts have a tradition with foreign players coming in and doing well so will look outside UK as well.

So basically what Cooper says.

rick witter

A Scottish, or at least British, spine must be reinstalled in Gorgie. Cathro has already enjoyed Christophe Berra?s return

There's lungs muscles and a heart and that's just the ones I can think off the top of my head

Going by our pathetic second half of last season we need a lot more than just a spine we need practically the whole new body batting one or two parts.

Going by our pathetic second half of last season we need a lot more than just a spine we need practically the whole new body batting one or two parts.

It's a football team we're talking about not a cricket team.

Unknown user

When does the Dutch/Belgian 3rd division open for business?

Might be a while mate, neither country has one - it gets all regional after the top two divisions

I did Google the name

That's how I Ken he wisnae taking this 2 left backs seriously enough

TWO!!!!!!

we only have room for 1 at time

And he's trying to crack jokes

haha...

We certainly can't afford to go into next season half cocked.

Knuckles, tits. A farter. That's just off the top of my head. To be fair though, between us we've pretty much covered it.

The Internet

Might be a while mate, neither country has one - it gets all regional after the top two divisions

tenor.gif

We signed all our players from those leagues. They do exist. They even have agents.

The last thing we need is pathetic squad type fillers. Our whole team is already full of them. We need more players of Berra's class. McGinn level players. Shite from the Conference down south is taking a big risk when we have Johnsen and Sammon at the club. Thoughts?

We certainly can't afford to go into next season half cocked.

That may not be entirely of our choosing,

Walker and Djoum seem to be looking for pastures new but if they don't go until near the end of the window it would be financial folly to spend anticipated fees on replacements before then and maybe see one or other of them fail a medical.

i feel sure however we'll have most of our squad by next Friday or very soon thereafter.

Archived