***Potential signings/Transfer rumours Thread***

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

How ? One or two rounds half way through the summer against Dinamo Whatstheirname and Sparta Middleofnaewhere

So you know Aberdeen won't get to group stages then?

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Escobar PHM

I'd be willing to take a bet on it if your interested ?

gorgieheart

As I said we have no available left backs!!!

FACT !

We do need two left backs, one as back up.

Surely AB has seen the money that wishywashy is on and is looking at a way to cut and run, she has a sound business head on her wee shoulders so here's hoping this is the window when oshy vanishes  !!

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Not a hope

Malcolm Tucker

I actually agree with you MT but I don't like the idea of bringing people in as stop gaps. Imo they should be told they'll be fighting for a first team place.

I agree wholeheartedly you need depth as I do also appreciate that you fill a squad with supposedly first team players then you're going to have a few unhappy players. Double edge sword.

Totally, we shouldn't be bringing folk in for the sake of bringing them in. However, any truly professional footballer on earth won't want to be second choice and they'll do their best to push out the guy currently in their position. Remember Igor Rossi was originally brought in for squad depth and he ended up being a very good signing for us.

As Ugly American pointed these 'back-up' places should be going to development players, however that simply isn't possible for the time being. I'd wager that this Polish laddie will be on a low wage and there's no danger we'll be paying for him. Competition and depth is a good thing, so hopefully both Mr. Poland and Smith-Brown are talented players that improve upon a problem position for us.

I was most happy when you stopped typing sunshine. We don't have any available left backs at the minute pal.

I'm no football genius but I suggest we need more than one.

Well that is just not true is it,whether you like it or not Oshaniwa is a Hearts player and a very well paid one at that,if as you stated we are signing a Polish defender as cover it makes no sense as we don't have a quality full back to cover,we have at current a squad that would struggle to get top six,a squad that was bottom of the form table.We have released 2 left backs and if we just wanted cover why not keep Sowah?

These players come with signing on fees,to release shite and replace it with more shite isn't very good management is it...

Well that is just not true is it,whether you like it or not Oshaniwa is a Hearts player and a very well paid one at that,if as you stated we are signing a Polish defender as cover it makes no sense as we don't have a quality full back to cover,we have at current a squad that would struggle to get top six,a squad that was bottom of the form table.We have released 2 left backs and if we just wanted cover why not keep Sowah?

These players come with signing on fees,to release shite and replace it with more shite isn't very good management is it...

So its all just a shite dig at Cathro and to a greater extent Levein.

You don't even know who this boy is yet ffs.

Osh won't play for us again.

Pasquale for King

source?

Noel Hunt, he was on rhe A licence course at Oriam last week with Cowie/McFadden/Adam and my nephew. He has better offers down south thankfully.

Elias Henry Furst

Doesn't your closing sentence justify criticism aimed at Levein?

Doesn't your closing sentence justify criticism aimed at Levein?

Yep it does but that wasn't what the boy was getting at.

Escobar PHM

No I think he is saying that despite the last 2-3 windows having the flaw of signing unknown uninterested unsuitable players amongst the odd gem, it seems likely that we're following the same path this close season. If we're signing a Polish journeyman defender for nothing who has no experience of the British game we're taking EXACTLY the same path as that which has failed us in the last 3 years.

Pasquale for King

in the shape of Noel Hunt...or actually Noel Hunt ? ... the 34yr old striker who will be out of contract from Portsmouth in August... that Noel Hunt ?

The same Noel Hunt who has scored 1 goal in 20 appearances ? That Noel Hunt ? or just somebody who is the same shape as him ?

The actual one, not a good sign of the people the DoF is looking at to be honest.

In my view if we are playing three at  the back Osh should be in the team at LWB. He did well there at end of the previous season at Parkhead. Didn't he?

No I think he is saying that despite the last 2-3 windows having the flaw of signing unknown uninterested unsuitable players amongst the odd gem, it seems likely that we're following the same path this close season. If we're signing a Polish journeyman defender for nothing who has no experience of the British game we're taking EXACTLY the same path as that which has failed us in the last 3 years.

I will wait until I know the name of the player until I lose all sense of reason.

Cathro and to a " greater extent " Levein have just presided over the worst transfer window in Hearts modern history,I think fans are entitled to be cautious and pessamistic about their ability to one identify and 2 attract the required quality to compete in the top 3.It's quite ironic you defending it by claiming "Osh" will never play again,correct me if I'm wrong but was it not Levein that signed this huddy that has cost us hundreds of thousands of pounds in wages?

Once they get the 1st team to a better standard then they should think about squad or back up players.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Noel Hunt, he was on rhe A licence course at Oriam last week with Cowie/McFadden/Adam and my nephew. He has better offers down south thankfully.

Thank **** for that. That would be more a head in hands moment than the Sammon signing last summer.

Cathro and to a " greater extent " Levein have just presided over the worst transfer window in Hearts modern history,I think fans are entitled to be cautious and pessamistic about their ability to one identify and 2 attract the required quality to compete in the top 3.It's quite ironic you defending it by claiming "Osh" will never play again,correct me if I'm wrong but was it not Levein that signed this huddy that has cost us hundreds of thousands of pounds in wages?

Once they get the 1st team to a better standard then they should think about squad or back up players.

You aren't being cautious though are you. You've thrown your toys right out of your pram.

I will say it again we don't have a left back. How many do you think we need to sign? One or two? I'll give you a clue the answer isn't one.

You aren't being cautious though are you. You've thrown your toys right out of your pram.

I will say it again we don't have a left back. How many do you think we need to sign? One or two? I'll give you a clue the answer isn't one.

In what way have I thrown my toys out the pram?

By stating that out recent transfer activity has been awfull?

By stating that we need quality in the 1st 11 before thinking about back ups?

I think we both know who has thrown thier toys out princess...

Escobar PHM

I will wait until I know the name of the player until I lose all sense of reason.

Its hardly losing all sense of reason to speculate that we might be repeating mistakes we said we wouldn't be is it ?

If the boy doesn't come with a cv thats a clear and obvious improvement on what we have then its a gamble. A gamble thats been tried and tested and has resulted in failure and waste getting on for 20 times or more now.

As you said. Lets see what comes of it, if anything, but dont pretend you dont understand folks views on signing unknown no marks if thats what we've signed.

Escobar PHM

I dont honestly see how can have any kind of decent offer on the table. 6 goals in 4 years !!!. Miles past his best days. He would belly crawl naked through 5 miles of broken glass to get a contract at Hearts at this stage of his career. Hopefully this is a joke of some kind that i'm not getting.

Pasquale for King

In my view if we are playing three at the back Osh should be in the team at LWB. He did well there at end of the previous season at Parkhead. Didn't he?

I'm not entirely convinced we will play 3 at the back next season, the interview he gave didnt confirm this at all but the EEN skewed it that way.

Pasquale for King

I dont honestly see how can have any kind of decent offer on the table. 6 goals in 4 years !!!. Miles past his best days. He would belly crawl naked through 5 miles of broken glass to get a contract at Hearts at this stage of his career. Hopefully this is

a joke of some kind that i'm not getting.

No joke unfortunately, has better offers surprisingly.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

How can anyone make a judgement on a nameless player?

Escobar PHM

No joke unfortunately, has better offers surprisingly.

In that case I wish him good luck.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Hmmmm....maybe I have misread but the tone seems to read we don't want squad players that is burning money.

Or am I wrong?

Bazzas right boot

How can anyone make a judgement on a nameless player?

Cos' he's shite.

Getting back to transfer rumours and not slating fictional players the polish striker that has been linked with us over the last few days is away on holiday so either not him or no announcement imminent

Escobar PHM

Hmmmm....maybe I have misread but the tone seems to read we don't want squad players that is burning money.

Or am I wrong?

define 'squad player'

KingRudiSkacel51

define 'squad player'

more or less everyone who is left can be a 'squad player' djoum kitchen cowie nowak smith ect we need players who are going to be first team regulars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lord Beni of Gorgie

define 'squad player'

My definition.

Someone who does not command a large wage who is capable of solid performance when a better player is unavailable.

Since we are not rich quite good to have some of those I would have thought.

Escobar PHM

My definition.

Someone who does not command a large wage who is capable of solid performance when a better player is unavailable.

Since we are not rich quite good to have some of those I would have thought.

So you deliberately sign players who right from the start, you dont think are first team starters  because we've got a better player in that position ?

JamboBornNBred

So you deliberately sign players who right from the start, you dont think are first team starters  because we've got a better player in that position ?

It's called competition for places...........but you knew that .

Lord Beni of Gorgie

So you deliberately sign players who right from the start, you dont think are first team starters because we've got a better player in that position ?

If that's all you have budget for yes. We don't have the money to have 22 starters. Surely you realise that.

Note I did say they would be capable of solid performance. Don't ignore that for the sake of an argument

Escobar PHM

No, competition for places is something entirely different

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I would say cover to be fair. I think the lad believes we should have competition to his credit. Not sure we are at that point in our financial growth myself

JamboBornNBred

I would say cover to be fair. I think the lad believes we should have competition to his credit. Not sure we are at that point in our financial growth myself

Yeah you are probably right .

Escobar PHM

If that's all you have budget for yes. We don't have the money to have 22 starters. Surely you realise that.

Note I did say they would be capable of solid performance. Don't ignore that for the sake of an argument

I'm not looking for an argument, just a discussion on overall signing policy and where that policy has got us to now. See the problem with squad fillers is that, when the player ahead of them leaves, as happens to us quite a lot for some reason, the 'squad player' becomes the first team starter and an even lesser squad player takes his place behind him. You keep doing that and you end up with what we more or less have now, i.e a team of squad players.  Theres a randomness to our signing policy. Its firefighting really. We're not looking ahead more than 6 months at a time. Thats got to stop sometime. I'd prefer it was now or we'll see this summer after summer.

I dont want 22 starters. I want 14-16 players who as a team, wouldn't be seriously weakened no matter which 11 out of those 14-16 started. Then I want us to pick 4-5 of the best youngsters and I want them on the bench every week and getting game time as often as possible. Those players would be the subs of choice, not some European pro only here to see the castle and shag some ginger burdz. If we must have a couple of versatile hingers oan who can help see a game out if needs be, then it should be just a couple.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Yeah you are probably right .

The boy Sowah. When he signed he to me looked more back up material. Pressure of being first choice at Hearts tripped him. Had he been a back up he may have been better with less pressure. Maybe not the best example.

Its hardly losing all sense of reason to speculate that we might be repeating mistakes we said we wouldn't be is it ?

If the boy doesn't come with a cv thats a clear and obvious improvement on what we have then its a gamble. A gamble thats been tried and tested and has resulted in failure and waste getting on for 20 times or more now.

As you said. Lets see what comes of it, if anything, but dont pretend you dont understand folks views on signing unknown no marks if thats what we've signed.

The majority of the Jan window had a quality CV just like you are asking for, in the same breath saying the window was a shambles.

I'm not looking for an argument, just a discussion on overall signing policy and where that policy has got us to now. See the problem with squad fillers is that, when the player ahead of them leaves, as happens to us quite a lot for some reason, the 'squad player' becomes the first team starter and an even lesser squad player takes his place behind him. You keep doing that and you end up with what we more or less have now, i.e a team of squad players. Theres a randomness to our signing policy. Its firefighting really. We're not looking ahead more than 6 months at a time. Thats got to stop sometime. I'd prefer it was now or we'll see this summer after summer.

You haven't got the first clue who has been lined up or who is signing so how can you state anything about the randomness or anything to do with this summers signing policy. You have no idea what is happening like 99% of those on here. Why not keep your moaning until you have something to moan about.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I'm not looking for an argument, just a discussion on overall signing policy and where that policy has got us to now. See the problem with squad fillers is that, when the player ahead of them leaves, as happens to us quite a lot for some reason, the 'squad player becomes the first team starter and an even lesser squad player takes his place behind him. You keep doing that and you end up with what we wore or less have now, i.e a team of squad players. Theres a randomness to our signing policy. Its firefighting really. We're not looking ahead more than 6 months at a time. Thats got to stop sometime. I'd prefer it was now or we'll see this summer after summer.

I think we actually agree mostly.

A squad is always better with 2 equal for each position.

We maybe can afford 6 very good players and 16 decent ones. Or 11 very good 5 ok and 6 untested or even poor. This new stand is very important to be paid and then earning money to pay wages

This thread is a bit of a car crash innit? I see loads of pages added but read em to find the usual petty squabbles and no news bah!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People losing their shite over signing 2 left backs

Imagine the seethe on here if we signed 2 strikers

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Rudolf's Mate

Totally, we shouldn't be bringing folk in for the sake of bringing them in. However, any truly professional footballer on earth won't want to be second choice and they'll do their best to push out the guy currently in their position. Remember Igor Rossi was originally brought in for squad depth and he ended up being a very good signing for us.

As Ugly American pointed these 'back-up' places should be going to development players, however that simply isn't possible for the time being. I'd wager that this Polish laddie will be on a low wage and there's no danger we'll be paying for him. Competition and depth is a good thing, so hopefully both Mr. Poland and Smith-Brown are talented players that improve upon a problem position for us.

Agreed [emoji1303]

Escobar PHM

You haven't got the first clue who has been lined up or who is signing so how can you state anything about the randomness or anything to do with this summers signing policy. You have no idea what is happening like 99% of those on here. Why not keep your moaning until you have something to moan about.

I'm hardly moaning. I'm making perfectly valid points about our signing policy of the last few windows and SPECULATING that we might do it again and make the same mistakes. Just a discussion mate. Ignore me if you dont fancy a discussion. I thought thats what we were all here for though ?

Archived