***Potential signings/Transfer rumours Thread***

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Bowmans_Boot

I think at least one more signing will be on a par with Berra

Think or know? I think you are pretty spot on with these things.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hmfc_liam06

This worries me. We were specifically told that the stand would not affect the playing budget at all. If the opposite is true then we deserve to be told.

Maybe not directly to do with the stand but with having deadwood like Osh on the wage bill (perhaps they had banked on moving him on) doesn't help.

I would say the fact the stand is being built means there's no wiggle room for extra budget rather than the stand eating into our existing budget.

Bowmans_Boot

Maybe not directly to do with the stand but with having deadwood like Osh on the wage bill (perhaps they had banked on moving him on) doesn't help.

I would say the fact the stand is being built means there's no wiggle room for extra budget rather than the stand eating into our existing budget.

If that is the case then fair enough. If the stand is impacting on the playing budget then I think Ann should be honest and say so.

Half time pie

Whilst Berra signing is great, 'one swallow a summer does not make'. We need serious investment in new players to give supporters a team that will challenge week in, week out and put bums on seats. Having a new stand is all well and good but it should not compromise the team funding. Hope we're not putting the cart before the horse.

chester copperpot

Think or know? I think you are pretty spot on with these things.

More second hand info mate.

I am in no way ITK when it comes to Hearts though.

hmfc_liam06

If that is the case then fair enough. If the stand is impacting on the playing budget then I think Ann should be honest and say so.

Obviously I'm just guessing and in no way know about our budgets etc but it's probably a reasonable conclusion.

I do agree though, we were told the stand wouldn't impact on budget so it would be good to hear if it now actually is.

BervieJambo

Paul McMullan has Gavin Reilly written all over it.

I'm hoping for more of a John Colquhoun... young and never quite made the breakthrough at Celtic.

Bowmans_Boot

More second hand info mate.

I am in no way ITK when it comes to Hearts though.

Cheers. Your comments on signings always appear to be spot on so I pay attention to them!!

Whilst Berra signing is great, 'one swallow a summer does not make'. We need serious investment in new players to give supporters a team that will challenge week in, week out and put bums on seats. Having a new stand is all well and good but it should not compromise the team funding. Hope we're not putting the cart before the horse.

true mate, but we have a player who can captain a team, knows what hearts are all about, so lets put it down to great start, and hopefully progress throughout the close season

If Walker was to go I'd like to see Currie given a chance, he's looked promising from what we've seen so far !

She has already said, albeit some time ago, that the stand will not impact on the playing side.  Things might have changed but I think it's unreasonable to demand an update on our finances/priorities every time somthing changes.  A statement on the club's financial state is issued every year with the accounts and that will do me.  I am sure these statements are honest, or at least I have no reason to believe otherwise.

Bowmans_Boot

She has already said, albeit some time ago, that the stand will not impact on the playing side. Things might have changed but I think it's unreasonable to demand an update on our finances/priorities every time somthing changes. A statement on the club's financial state is issued every year with the accounts and that will do me. I am sure these statements are honest, or at least I have no reason to believe otherwise.

Yes, she said that the playing budget will not be affected and so that is what all fans believe.

Given that the players are the most important part of the club, if this changed then it would be a major change and one which, I believe, should be communicated to the fans who are paying for them (& the new stand etc etc).

Yes, she said that the playing budget will not be affected and so that is what all fans believe.

Given that the players are the most important part of the club, if this changed then it would be a major change and one which, I believe, should be communicated to the fans who are paying for them (& the new stand etc etc).

Do you mean that if we are skint we should tell everyone and then some club who (say) might have bid ?1m for Walker will now bid half of that because we have advertised that we are hard up and they know we are desperate.  Is that what you want?  It's not what I want.  I would put my faith in a previously successful businesswoman and trust that things are being dealt with in the club's best interests.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

I can't believe anyone thought our playing budget wouldn't be affected. A new stand would always be taken into consideration when budgeting for a new season.

Bowmans_Boot

Do you mean that if we are skint we should tell everyone and then some club who (say) might have bid ?1m for Walker will now bid half of that because we have advertised that we are hard up and they know we are desperate. Is that what you want? It's not what I want. I would put my faith in a previously successful businesswoman and trust that things are being dealt with in the club's best interests.

We arent "skint" so that isnt am issue.

What I want is honesty. I believe the playing budget isnt affected because that is what Ann said. As there has been nothing more said I presume that is still the case. If it actually has been affected then I would like to know. I dont think that is asking too much.

Bowmans_Boot

I can't believe anyone thought our playing budget wouldn't be affected. A new stand would always be taken into consideration when budgeting for a new season.

We were specifically told that it wouldnt be affected.

132goals1958

To much to hope he could go out on loan and some other club contribute part of his wages. 

Do the fans not make the decision as they are shareholders. possibly not.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

hmfc_liam06

Do the fans not make the decision as they are shareholders. possibly not.

Did you not get your voting slip through the post mate?

We arent "skint" so that isnt am issue.

What I want is honesty. I believe the playing budget isnt affected because that is what Ann said. As there has been nothing more said I presume that is still the case. If it actually has been affected then I would like to know. I dont think that is asking too much.

So what's the problem?

gorgieheart

AB said otherwise at the meetings when the stand was being planned/budgeted for.....but you carry on !

Bowmans_Boot

So what's the problem?

People are now suggesting that our budget is affected.

Bazzas right boot

Many fans will only realise exactly what we had when Jamie leaves, unfortunately.

Yip, similar to Paterson, I remember a few threads ripping him or just comments generally playing him down.

More so if he bangs in a hatrick at Ibrox against us.... Boak.

I would imagine that the set budget has not been effected, however, the funding for the new stand has eaten in to any reserves we may normally have had to supplement this. unless we shift some players for a fee.

I didn't get any slip as I'm a member of the old (save our Hearts) mate).

Textbook example of a clich?-ridden post.

Bazzas right boot

AB said otherwise at the meetings when the stand was being planned/budgeted for.....but you carry on !

Exactly and a ?3m debt which is the remainder is hardly a crisis, we have ?1.5 m foh subs coming in, two year Mon, maybe 3 years max if they drop.

Doesn't even consider our increased revenue.

Our budget will and must be bigger than previous seasons.

Bowmans_Boot

Yip, similar to Paterson, I remember a few threads ripping him or just comments generally playing him down.

More so if he bangs in a hatrick at Ibrox against us.... Boak.

I remember posting about Paterson in January, only to be told that he wouldnt get a game as Struna was superior....

Bazzas right boot

If Walker was to go I'd like to see Currie given a chance, he's looked promising from what we've seen so far !

If Currie replaces walker, we're ****ed in all honesty.

It won't happen, so no need to worry.

People are now suggesting that our budget is affected.

People are now suggesting.....................

Grow a pair.

We were specifically told that it wouldnt be affected.

Could it be that, as a result of the new Stand funding requirement, we set a reduced playing budget to fit in with the need to fund the stand. Now, for the sake of argument, say that budget is ?4 million. AB is correct in saying that the budget is unaffected in so far as we keep within it.

Circumstances can change, unforeseen construction problems are not uncommon, leading to increased unbudgeted costs ( there will be a contingency amount within the build budget) so anyone out there demanding complete transparency is adopting an unrealistic expectation IMO.

This worries me. We were specifically told that the stand would not affect the playing budget at all. If the opposite is true then we deserve to be told.

We're undertaking a 12MM capital project with no senior debt facilities. If it was so straightforward why didn't we do it years ago? It's clear a monumental scale project for a club / business of our size and scale. Put into some perspective - it's a capital project of 1.6 x annual revenue - with no debt requirement.

If she pulls this off she's achieved something of enormity

If funds are tight on the playing side - which they clearly are, I'd be getting a few existing SPL types in who know the league and are tried and tested. Guys like Ross Draper might ordinarily be deemed as uninspiring but it's the type we probably need in the short term in order to be in a position to make further progress and recruit better quality.

There's no doubt in my mind that Budge will be disappointed in the recruitment mess that Levein has overseen in the last 2 years. She needs a huge squad overhaul at this time like a hole in the head.

We need to be competitive - something we weren't in the last 6 months. We need types to make us such. That doesn't need to cost the earth. St Johnstone prove that every year

jambopilms

So somebody says "I hope the playing budget isn't affected" and now it's fact it's been affected. Classic KB

Bazzas right boot

We're undertaking a 12MM capital project with no senior debt facilities. If it was so straightforward why didn't we do it years ago? It's clear a monumental scale project for a club / business of our size and scale. Put into some perspective - it's a capital project of 1.6 x annual revenue - with no debt requirement.

If funds are tight on the playing side - which they clearly are, I'd be getting a few existing SPL types in who know the league and are tried and tested. Guys like Ross Draper might ordinarily be deemed as uninspiring but it's the type we probably need in the short term in order to be in a position to make further progress and recruit better quality.

There's no doubt in my mind that Budge will be disappointed in the recruitment mess that Levein has overseen in the last 2 years. She needs a huge squad overhaul at this time like a hole in the head.

We need to be competitive - something we weren't in the last 6 months. We need types to make us such. That doesn't need to cost the earth. St Johnstone prove that every year

It was also explained how it would be paid.

I believe ?3m had to be found.

You are saying Budge told porkies without any proof.

The mess that Levien had us in. That will be at least a year ahead of her plan?

That's a great mess tbh.

I agree generally with the recruitment and need for improvement, however financially we are ahead over the three years and even on The Football side we are on track although after being ahead the first two it looks worse than it is.

Ranger's and hibs being an example of actually being behind what they wanted over the three years.

Thomson1874

For those people mentioning that Ali Crawford has 1 year left on his contract, I wonder if he has a clause in his contract where he can leave for free if Hamilton are relegated...

It was also explained how it would be paid.

I believe ?3m had to be found.

You are saying Budge told porkies without any proof.

The mess that Levien had us in. That will be at least a year ahead of her plan?

That's a great mess tbh.

I agree generally with the recruitment and need for improvement, however financially we are ahead over the three years and even on The Football side we are on track although after being ahead the first two it looks worse than it is.

Ranger's and hibs being an example of actually being behind what they wanted over the three years.

I can't make any sense of you post Tosh.

For clarity - I don't think she's told any "porkies". I'm saying that pulling off a capital project of this scale for a club of our scale, with no debt requirement, is absolutely enormous.

Levein's recruitment since promotion has been a disaster and she needs a complete squad overhaul at this time like a hole in the head. What's untrue about that?

Why didn't we do it years go?

Better ask Vlad.  Previous to that we were in debt and (almost certainly) didn't have the collateral for borrowing requirements.

Ross Draper - I'd be looking for better but how do you know we have/haven't approached him?

Budge disappointed - I think she will but will also recognise from experience that even the best laid plans o' mice and men gang aft agley.  That's why realignment is necessary before disaster.

Competitive - That is recognised in the changed approach we are said to be following re recruitment.  The TEMPORARY signings simply just didn't work out.

Bowmans_Boot

Could it be that, as a result of the new Stand funding requirement, we set a reduced playing budget to fit in with the need to fund the stand. Now, for the sake of argument, say that budget is ?4 million. AB is correct in saying that the budget is unaffected in so far as we keep within it.

Circumstances can change, unforeseen construction problems are not uncommon, leading to increased unbudgeted costs ( there will be a contingency amount within the build budget) so anyone out there demanding complete transparency is adopting an unrealistic expectation IMO.

Probably fair enough, tbh. I had high hopes for exciting new signings and I guess I am becoming a little worried that they will not be of the quality I had hoped.

Bazzas right boot

I can't make any sense of you post Tosh.

For clarity - I don't think she's told any "porkies". I'm saying that pulling off a capital project of this scale for a club of our scale, with no debt requirement, is absolutely enormous.

Levein's recruitment since promotion has been a disaster and she needs a complete squad overhaul at this time like a hole in the head. What's untrue about that?

Ok, so we'll have to go on her word that the playing side won't be effected.

The recruitment needs addressed, this has been spoken off already by budge.

We finished 3rd the year before, hardly a diasaster, this season it's been poor, hampered by a manager change midway and injuries tho.

If we had been 5th then 3rd, it would be hailed as good improvement.

3rd, then 5th is not great. Victim's of our early and fast success in the first two Ann/ Craig years?

I'd expect the quality of player to improve along wth our budget even when financing this new stand, which by Ann's statement is ?3m which will be paid off by foh contributions in hopefully two years.

Cut The Crap

I don't know what was actually said at the time, but I'm not sure how anyone expected us to divert ?12m of funds to a capital project and for that to have no effect on the money we spend elsewhere in the club.

In any case, it shouldn't take a shed load of money to improve us - even a fairly modest outlay on some modestly-talented new recruits should help us get up to the level of St Johnstone, which would be significantly better than this year.

I don't know what was actually said at the time, but I'm not sure how anyone expected us to divert ?12m of funds to a capital project and for that to have no effect on the money we spend elsewhere in the club.

In any case, it shouldn't take a shed load of money to improve us - even a fairly modest outlay on some modestly-talented new recruits should help us get up to the level of St Johnstone, which would be significantly better than this year.

Absolutely right.

What's the thoughts on young Moore for next season?

Seems to have gotten pretty good reviews while on loan and v the wee wee team.

If Walker goes assuming we will bring in a replacement with maybe Moore & Zanatta as back up?

KingRudiSkacel51

Shay given is a free agent, he's a good age but could probably still do a job for us/ mentor jack Hamilton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You don't what was said and you're not sure how anyone expected.... but you come on here to make some point about getting to St Johnstone's level.

Shay given is a free agent, he's a good age but could probably still do a job for us/ mentor jack Hamilton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good keeper in his day but time catches up.  Never that good at commanding his area.  Pass

We didn't budget to finish 5th. That will have had an impact. Osh continues to have a financial impact without actually making any footballing impact. Ridiculous piece of business by the club. Hopefully season ticket sales end up decent. Or that will also have an impact.

So I reckon there are three potential impacts. We can only make an impact on one of them. Just saying.

Cut The Crap

You don't what was said and you're not sure how anyone expected.... but you come on here to make some point about getting to St Johnstone's level.

Correct.

Do YOU have a point to make? :mw_confused:

Those drivelling on about budgets etc go start another thread and argue with each other over there. This is for potential signing targets just trapsed through 3 pages of drivel leave it alone eh

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

vegas-voss

We didn't budget to finish 5th. That will have had an impact. Osh continues to have a financial impact without actually making any footballing impact. Ridiculous piece of business by the club. Hopefully season ticket sales end up decent. Or that will also have an impact.

So I reckon there are three potential impacts. We can only make an impact on one of them. Just saying.

We budgeting for 4th what real difference is that not a lot I would imagine ?

Archived