***Potential signings/Transfer rumours Thread***

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

What's McGowan doing now?

Maybe he can be brought back this summer?

Playing in China for the promoted side. Not been following games.

Also back in Australian international squad. Confederations Cup in Russia.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Daher. Vegetable Wholesalers

Interesting that he sponsored Robbo who was an expert at filling the onion bag...

I'm sick of reading Cathro saying "Its hard to sign players in January, summer window will be better", esspecially when Ryan McGowan basically said he was all ears, yet Cathro never bothered. Cathro got it wrong, and one decent signing of Berra doesnt fill me with confidence

What a corker for a 1st post.

Maybe Cathro didn't rate McGowan.  There would be many players who would want to play for Hearts but that doesn't mean they are good enough or worth spending a wage on.

KingRudiSkacel51

True.

Just thought if he wants to change formation/tactics during a game he could be a bit limited

It would be nice to have options bud I think getting a left and right wing back and a striker has to be top of the list. Probably a goal keeper as well. If walker stays I'd like to see more of zanatta this season on the other wing when we change formation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KingRudiSkacel51

What a corker for a 1st post.

Maybe Cathro didn't rate McGowan. There would be many players who would want to play for Hearts but that doesn't mean they are good enough or worth spending a wage on.

McGowan is decent enough in a flat back four but not sure about him going forward the way that cathro is trying to play. Probably better options out there.

chester copperpot

It would be nice to have options bud I think getting a left and right wing back and a striker has to be top of the list. Probably a goal keeper as well. If walker stays I'd like to see more of zanatta this season on the other wing when we change formation.

Zanatta is complete pony mate.

KingRudiSkacel51

Zanatta is complete pony mate.

Is he lol I've not seen him play only seen a few wonder goals he's scored whilst being out on loan.

chester copperpot

Is he lol I've not seen him play only seen a few wonder goals he's scored whilst being out on loan.

Granted I haven't seen him whilst he was out on loan but saw him a lot with the U20's and the rare appearances he made with the first team.

Just don't rate him that highly.

Heard a wee whisper last night that we might have two signings later this week. Pretty good source, would not say who. Anybody heard anything.

Italian Lambretta

Yeah heard that too but no telling either

Heard a wee whisper last night that we might have two signings later this week. Pretty good source, would not say who. Anybody heard anything.

Heard we're definitely going to sign players before the season starts, they play either in goal, defence, midfield or attack, and they'll go straight into Cathros squad and be available for selection for the first competitive game.

Good Source, exciting times :uhoh2:

Jambo 4 Ever

Heard we're definitely going to sign players before the season starts, they play either in goal, defence, midfield or attack, and they'll go straight into Cathros squad and be available for selection for the first competitive game.

Heard this too

Clark Griswold

PM please

Italian Lambretta

How come other teams sign and announce players before they go on holiday yet we do the opposite leaving the fans bloody waiting

Rumours site seldom gets much right but Jamie Mackie being suggested.  The only thing that gives this a shred of credence is that CL gave him his 1st Scottish cap.

Clark Griswold

How come other teams sign and announce players before they go on holiday yet we do the opposite leaving the fans bloody waiting

Levein clearly trolling us :lol:

Seriously though, it does get on my nerves too, the whole waiting game, but sometimes these things just take time to complete.

OmiyaHearts

This is the type of solid information this thread needs.

Italian Lambretta

Yeah you can imagine the conversation

Levein; We would like to offer you a 3 year deal and x amount of money a week

Player: Well that's a great offer and I think my family would love to stay in Edinburgh so Ye............................

Levein; Great why don't you go away on holiday and think it over. Get back to us in 3 weeks when you've made up your mind.

Levein clearly trolling us :lol:

Seriously though, it does get on my nerves too, the whole waiting game, but sometimes these things just take time to complete.

Jambo 4 Ever

Rumours site seldom gets much right but Jamie Mackie being suggested.  The only thing that gives this a shred of credence is that CL gave him his 1st Scottish cap.

is he any good?

Just saw McPhee and Levein collecting someone at the airport. Didn't recognise who it was unfortunately!

Just signed a one year extension at QPR...next!!

As I said it doesn't get much right.

Seymour M Hersh

Hard to argue with this.

If you are sick of reading what Cathro is saying then read about the summer transfer window, and when it opens. You might sound a bit less like a petulant child if you had more information.

Where do you get these names for people. Petulant child. Come on.

Pony ...where do you get that from.

I know right! I've always thought there was something majestic about ponies :( 

station_jambo

Just saw McPhee and Levein collecting someone at the airport. Didn't recognise who it was unfortunately!

Do you have a smartphone?

Re Jamie Mackie a Google search shows nothing in regards to contract extension. Transfermarket website shows his contract up next month bit there is an option of an extension. Would be happy with him signing, decent pedigree and works his socks off.

maroonlegions

Vlad nap.

Rumour going around that Cathro's not got the final budget yet as to what can be spent 

on new signings. I'd imagine the budget will be finalised when Hearts manage to move 

more players on to get them off the wage bill, maybe receive monies for Paterson and 

Nicholson (USA BOUND ? NOTHING) and final season ticket numbers. We'll just have 

to be hopeful the negativity surrounding Cathro doesn't have a detrimental effect on 

Hearts ability to attract quality players to the club.

Chester™

Re Jamie Mackie a Google search shows nothing in regards to contract extension. Transfermarket website shows his contract up next month bit there is an option of an extension. Would be happy with him signing, decent pedigree and works his socks off.

You just didnt look in the right place:

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/qpr-jamie-mackie-3720532.aspx

Indeed, if you Google 'Jamie Mackie contract extension', a number of hits come up with this story.

I know right! I've always thought there was something majestic about ponies :(

Wasn't Davie Weir nicknamed Pony or something like that because of the way he ran.

Half time pie

Mackie signed a years extension with QPR till summer 2018 earlier this month.

Lucille's Thirsty

Do you have a smartphone?

:lol:

Must be an auld fella.

Italian Lambretta

How come is never Cathro meeting players at the airport  :2thumbsup:

How come is never Cathro meeting players at the airport :2thumbsup:

You know how hard it is to save a session of champ man?

Too addictive.

Italian Lambretta

Was it a tall black fellow with a smug grin on his face?

stevie1874

On a different note it's the same with the new strips, both home and away should be available for kids to buy before the holiday season.

Italian Lambretta

The Timothys sell their adult strips first so their manky supporters can wear them at the airport, coach transfer, hotel and return journey. Smelly *******s

On a different note it's the same with the new strips, both home and away should be available for kids to buy before the holiday season.

Paul Shark

Apparently Messi was in the ESPC place on George Street yesterday, asking about 1 bedroom, unfurnished flats in Saughton Mains.

If we do sign him, he's better improve DRAMATICALLY on this seasons piss poor effort from him.

55 goals or GTF.

Brilliant news, just renewed our 2 season tickets on the strength of your one rumour alone and people on here are saying Cathro's shit !!!!................ oh wait a minute, what if it's Edinburgh City he's signing for !!!!!!! Can I get a refund.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

How come is never Cathro meeting players at the airport  :2thumbsup:

Because it was Cathro they were picking up :)

Escobar PHM

The Timothys sell their adult strips first so their manky supporters can wear them at the airport, coach transfer, hotel and return journey. Smelly *******s

Speaking of which ( off topic for a moment) I was in Dunbar at the weekend and the place was flooded with manky Sellik tap wearing pondlife. There was one guy in the whole town with a Hibs training top on. I was almost pleased to see him.

Was it a tall black fellow with a smug grin on his face?

Haha! Looked similar to Mackie but younger? Who knows?

Archived