***Potential signings/Transfer rumours Thread***

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

I'd be happy with McGinn but for me Walker is a better footballer.

Only problem with Walker is keeping him fit and motivated - when he is he is one of the best players in Scotland.

The trouble is he only looks fit and motivated occasionally...and even then he's definitely not, as you say, 'one of the best players in Scotland'. There are about half a dozen midfielders at Celtic who are better than him for starters (IMO)

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LarrysRightFoot

The trouble is he only looks fit and motivated occasionally...and even then he's definitely not, as you say, 'one of the best players in Scotland'. There are about half a dozen midfielders at Celtic who are better than him for starters (IMO)

Ok one of the best Scottish players in Scotland. Not many more naturally gifted. If you don't agree - well there's no arguing with some people.

Jambof3tornado

Ok one of the best Scottish players in Scotland. Not many more naturally gifted. If you don't agree - well there's no arguing with some people.

Naturally gifted and wont realise his potential.

Escobar PHM

McGinn is hugely more consistent than Walker.

Probably correct, but I just wonder if we've seen McGinn's best season and its rapidly downhill from now. Today in particular worried me. A cup final and he was blowing out his arse after half an hour. Looked terribly unfit and, one decent delivery from an early corner apart was anonymous throughout.

actually dennis wyness was player of the year, hartley was only nominated

I was excited when we signed Wyness too. :lol:

Easily pleased.

Easily pleased.

Still playing by the way, 40 odd years old now.for Huntly

wheatfield to sheffield

Still playing by the way, 40 odd years old now.for Huntly

I hear now he's alright.

Not what he used to be.

Holyrood_Hearts

Easily pleased.

Me as well. Thought he would do really well with us but never worked out. Did score a great individual goal against Dunfermline if i remember correctly?

Funny how things work out as I'm sure the signing of him & Hartley was announced, both were paraded on the pitch & Wyness got a better reception from the fans!

Jambos1983

If Walker wasn't our player there's no way folk would have him above McGinn.

Nonsense. I would take the player with 16 goals all day

hmfc_liam06

Nonsense. I would take the player with 16 goals all day

I would take the player with 14 goals and 12 assists all day. Each to their own though.

Jean Louis Valois

Am I the only one not to fussed about Mcginn? I think his best years and gone and he's not going to get any better.

Am I the only one not to fussed about Mcginn? I think his best years and gone and he's not going to get any better.

You might not be far off there.

McInnes stated his weekly wage budget for his squad was ?42,000 per week and of course that Celtic had players who were on or approaching that figure.

If his figure is true then even in an 18 man squad the average wage is just around ?2300 plus per week so most players at Aberdeen would be within our wage budget.

McInnes stated his weekly wage budget for his squad was ?42,000 per week and of course that Celtic had players who were on or approaching that figure.

If his figure is true then even in an 18 man squad the average wage is just around ?2300 plus per week so most players at Aberdeen would be within our wage budget.

I don't believe that for a second, Shinnie is meant to be on ?5k a week for a start.

Aberdeen have had a settled squad for a number of years now, I doubt they would have been able to get the likes of McGinn, Rooney, Jack and Hayes to renew their contracts on ?2.3k a week.

kingantti1874

I don't believe that for a second, Shinnie is meant to be on ?5k a week for a start.

Aberdeen have had a settled squad for a number of years now, I doubt they would have been able to get the likes of McGinn, Rooney, Jack and Hayes to renew their contracts on ?2.3k a week.

Average

Thought Police

They obviously aren't all on ?2.3k a week

CRWJambo1991

I don't see us signing another striker on a Osman Sow level.

Roy, Currie, Isma and Bjorn will be the four

stirlingshirejambo

They obviously aren't all on ?2.3k a week

?42k a week means about 2 million a year

Staff costs in their accounts were in region ?6+million

Either McInnes is at it or he's taking all the cash for his backroom team

Lord help us

Certainly not going to improve while walker should. Happy to have both next season but I wouldn't swap Walker for McGinn.

LarrysRightFoot

Hopefully see some movement next week now the season is officially over. Also contacts may only run until 31st May?

?42k a week means about 2 million a year

Staff costs in their accounts were in region ?6+million

Either McInnes is at it or he's taking all the cash for his backroom team

Aberdeens Staffing cost figures include the entire staff. All office, backroom, catering, shop and anyone else Aberdeen paid during the season. Ours I believe didn't include in the accounts as they were outsourced at the time and were included elsewhere.

Someone can possibly be a bit more accurate with the figures and reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jamboinglasgow

Hopefully see some movement next week now the season is officially over. Also contacts may only run until 31st May?

I think I am right in thinking the ones in England run until the end of June.

Also the transfer (registration) window opens on 9th June. So can imagine most news will be around that time. Berra was a big one we want to announce early.

If that's our frontline bar Isma we are in trouble

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Lucille's Thirsty

and Zanatta

I've got to be honest here and admit I don't think Zanatta will make much contribution to Hearts IMO never made me sit and go we've got a player here.

Berra,McGinn,Sow and Crawford and I'll be ecstatic but can't c it.

Don't think Bjorne will be back.

If that's our frontline bar Isma we are in trouble

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

CRWJambo1991

I've got to be honest here and admit I don't think Zanatta will make much contribution to Hearts IMO never made me sit and go we've got a player here.

Think he lacks end product

Management have high hopes for him and expect him to be a key part of the squad.

Currie to be sent out on loan

jamboinglasgow

Management have high hopes for him and expect him to be a key part of the squad.

Currie to be sent out on loan

Seems to have done well at Queens Park and has bulked up.

Makes sense for Currie, hopefully goes to a Championship club that he shines at.

Zeefuik up to much these days? :whistling:

This

Seen the size of him these days? Oh my word, makes him look trim when he was here.

The_razors_edge

No I'm the same. If he's the pinnacle of our attacking signings this summer I will be totally underwhelmed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems to have done well at Queens Park and has bulked up.

Makes sense for Currie, hopefully goes to a Championship club that he shines at.

There was a chance that Currie may have had to have an operation on his knee but luckily that won't be needed, just time to rest, give him games in the league cup groups and see how he gets on.

Jambo 4 Ever

Seen the size of him these days? Oh my word, makes him look trim when he was here.

Would still score for fun with us I think

stevie1874

I think I am right in thinking the ones in England run until the end of June.

Also the transfer (registration) window opens on 9th June. So can imagine most news will be around that time. Berra was a big one we want to announce early.

Going by the comments regarding the guys on 6 month contracts, I'm really hoping our management team have a few already sown up and all but signed no matter when they can actually sign. My worst fear is we're still scrambling about behind the scenes watching videos of players overseas. :(

Fingers crossed.

Transfer window opens 9th June and closes Thursday 31 August in both Scotland and England I think

Of course you can agree and sign deals before then but they cannot be registered until the window opens

Going by the comments regarding the guys on 6 month contracts, I'm really hoping our management team have a few already sown up and all but signed no matter when they can actually sign. My worst fear is we're still scrambling about behind the scenes watching videos of players overseas. :(

Fingers crossed.

This is my fear as well

weegie jambo

Further to the info I posted about Tony Andreu a few pages back, I spoke to my contact today and he confirmed that Norwich are prepared to release him from his contract. He has spoken to both us and Hibs and although there is an offer from us the likelihood is that he will now try his luck in England where he reckons he may get better money.

My contact also confirmed our interest in Devlin from Ayr Utd who was also waiting on the outcome of the Championship play off as Dundee Utd were sniffing around, although that interest may have cooled in light of their defeat.

Further to the info I posted about Tony Andreu a few pages back, I spoke to my contact today and he confirmed that Norwich are prepared to release him from his contract. He has spoken to both us and Hibs and although there is an offer from us the likelihood is that he will now try his luck in England where he reckons he may get better money.

My contact also confirmed our interest in Devlin from Ayr Utd who was also waiting on the outcome of the Championship play off as Dundee Utd were sniffing around, although that interest may have cooled in light of their defeat.

If Devlin was waiting for DUFC result he hardly displays the commitment I'd like to see.

Archived