***Potential signings/Transfer rumours Thread***

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Never Let Them Forget

If Devlin was waiting for DUFC result he hardly displays the commitment I'd like to see.

Maybe he wasn't that keen on being back up and wants guaranteed first team football imo? I wouldn't mind going Brandon being back up after his performance at Celtic park.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Elias Henry Furst

Further to the info I posted about Tony Andreu a few pages back, I spoke to my contact today and he confirmed that Norwich are prepared to release him from his contract. He has spoken to both us and Hibs and although there is an offer from us the likelihood is that he will now try his luck in England where he reckons he may get better money.

My contact also confirmed our interest in Devlin from Ayr Utd who was also waiting on the outcome of the Championship play off as Dundee Utd were sniffing around, although that interest may have cooled in light of their defeat.

I'd be delighted if what you've said is true and Andreu has rejected us.

weegie jambo

I don't know where I stand on him. He certainly knows the Scottish game and his stats are OK. Could be a good signing playing with a better team than Dundee Utd or Hamilton.

rick witter

Watch the last 4 playoff games he was involved in and didn't stand out in any of them. In my opinion he is another of the quantity and not quality players we really need so hopefully we don't sign him

weegie jambo

If Devlin was waiting for DUFC result he hardly displays the commitment I'd like to see.

Think he was just doing the decent thing and waiting to see what was on offer having been contacted. FWIW my man says he is a flyer going forward but not brilliant defensively.

socrates82

We've signed Isma, Sow, Berra, Hughes, Cowie, Djoum and Souttar in the last few years, who all have a lot of quality.

Others like Eckersley, Keatings, Zeefuik, Pallardo, Gomis, Alexander, Ozturk and Rossi did the jobs they were signed for at the time even if they didn't work out long term, aside from Bauben. The youngsters we're picking up for the U20s also seem of a higher standard than before.

Yeah we've signed some duds, but there is no reason we can't sign some more successes as well. Not sure the negativity is warranted looking at the full picture since Levein came on board. The January window was a clear mis-step from Levein/Cathro with hindsight. Will be interesting to see how this window goes and if lessons have been learned.

Further to the info I posted about Tony Andreu a few pages back, I spoke to my contact today and he confirmed that Norwich are prepared to release him from his contract. He has spoken to both us and Hibs and although there is an offer from us the likelihood is that he will now try his luck in England where he reckons he may get better money.

My contact also confirmed our interest in Devlin from Ayr Utd who was also waiting on the outcome of the Championship play off as Dundee Utd were sniffing around, although that interest may have cooled in light of their defeat.

Devlin signed a year extension with Ayr last week

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/exclusive-ayr-united-captain-nicky-8150371.amp

That article is a year old

This seems to be a popular joke, posting that year old article, absolutely side splitting

Jambojay84

Hearts rumours saying Joao Nunes is a target.

Cathro's Portugal connection playing a part maybe, had a wee look and he came through the ranks at Benfica if that counts for anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cathro's Portugal connection playing a part maybe, had a wee look and he came through the ranks at Benfica if that counts for anything

he is contracted till 2019 at a polish team

Bridge of Djoum

Apparently MacGregor is currently extending his Edinburgh home with the plan to move back north. May add some weight to that rumour.

Apparently Messi was in the ESPC place on George Street yesterday, asking about 1 bedroom, unfurnished flats in Saughton Mains.

If we do sign him, he's better improve DRAMATICALLY on this seasons piss poor effort from him. 

55 goals or GTF.

Yep,he must have some decent contacts, Isma was one was he not.

jamboinglasgow

Hearts rumours saying Joao Nunes is a target.

No offence but I would not listen to Hearts rumours page.

Bridge of Djoum

Not for a minute suggesting this is going to happen again but I seem to recall that a local businessman forked out to help JR's wages when he returned from Newcastle.

Just saying you never know what might be happening in the background.

Think anyone recall's who that businessman was? Be interesting to find out.

If I'm not mistaken he was a Lebanese (?) businessman in Gorgie Road.

Dagger Is Back

An Asian grocer? Can't remember the fellas name. That's going to annoy me now

Bridge of Djoum

If I'm not mistaken he was a Lebanese (?) businessman in Gorgie Road.

An Asian grocer? Can't remember the fellas name. That's going to annoy me now

Interesting.

Bridge of Djoum

What's the jist of that? Phone playing up and link won't load

Apparently a few years back, he owed the club around 5k for unpaid season tickets and stadium tours.

Sorry, ''he'' being the businessman that paid a % of Robbo's salary on his return from Newcastle.

Lucille's Thirsty

This just proves that the current regime are only interested in the bank balance.

This just proves that the current regime are only interested in the bank balance.

The article is from 2013

Jambojay84

WE HAVE BEEN DEAD SINCE PATERSON GOT INJURED .....

what does this even mean and why is it all in capitals ?

Stop drinking meths :thumbsup:

Bridge of Djoum

WTF are you on about?

Try reading the thread, even just this page. The article is 4 years old, you hysterical fool.

Bridge of Djoum

Your post is apropos of..........?

That article is a year old

My apologies, someone had posted that previously and I took it as read

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Silly season the next few weeks. Some creative journalism will be in place. Many people on holiday or international duty.

3 weeks before balls start to roll likely

KingRudiSkacel51

Surely we're going to sign a few wingers?

Very short on them now

If cathro is set on playing a 532 we won't need any wingers, more about the wing backs pushing forward and providing width.

The article is from 2013

tremendous restraint Spencer!

R_de_vries

I'm sick of reading Cathro saying "Its hard to sign players in January, summer window will be better", esspecially when Ryan McGowan basically said he was all ears, yet Cathro never bothered. Cathro got it wrong, and one decent signing of Berra doesnt fill me with confidence

This thread has become like watching Eraserhead. Nae idea what's happening.

Jambo 4 Ever

I'm sick of reading Cathro saying "Its hard to sign players in January, summer window will be better", esspecially when Ryan McGowan basically said he was all ears, yet Cathro never bothered. Cathro got it wrong, and one decent signing of Berra doesnt fill me with confidence

What's McGowan doing now?

Maybe he can be brought back this summer?

siegementality

If you are sick of reading what Cathro is saying then read about the summer transfer window, and when it opens. You might sound a bit less like a petulant child if you had more information.

CRWJambo1991

If cathro is set on playing a 532 we won't need any wingers, more about the wing backs pushing forward and providing width.

True.

Just thought if he wants to change formation/tactics during a game he could be a bit limited

siegementality

What's McGowan doing now?

Maybe he can be brought back this summer?

Ryan McGowan is not what we need going forward.

Archived