***Potential signings/Transfer rumours Thread***

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Your probably right.

If she's willing to keep Cathro on though she has to back him.

At least with Whittaker you know what your getting, a good Jambo that knows what the clubs about...got to be worth the extra coin.

Does anyone know if there miles apart on negotiations?

about 374 miles I think.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whittaker would be a great signing good jambo and knows what playing for Hearts is all about. With him, Berra and Walker (who is going nowhere) we are starting to get a solid core back. Isma will give 100% up front so it's about getting a strong midfield now. I think once we get the British based players signed the 'unknown' continental contingent will start to follow. I predict 12 signings.

grumpyespana

Your probably right.

If she's willing to keep Cathro on though she has to back him.

At least with Whittaker you know what your getting, a good Jambo that knows what the clubs about...got to be worth the extra coin.

Does anyone know if there miles apart on negotiations?

Whittaker would be a very good signing.

Whittaker / Berra are exactly the type of signing that has seen Aberdeen do so well recently.

This....................and he really doesn't want to go back to Rangers. Ann is being rather tight with the purse strings I'm afraid folks.

Surely we have to be glad she is

Jambo 4 Ever

This....................and he really doesn't want to go back to Rangers. Ann is being rather tight with the purse strings I'm afraid folks.

Nothing wrong with that I suppose

If he wants to sign for us, he will - or he will choose money

Bungalow Bill

He is 33 next month. I wonder what his salary expectations are?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Surely we have to be glad she is

This. No more financial mismanagement please.

Sent from my Swift 2 using Tapatalk

I'd rather sign up Caddis and Whittaker on decent cash and take a chance with Brandon and Smith a back up than sign 3-4 average fullbacks who fit within our wage cap.

She's caught in a difficult situation. She's overseeing a comparatively huge capital project at the same time as trying to support a squad overhaul where she must feel let down by her DoF / fellow Board Member.

If she's going to be prudent then we're likely to see another mixed bag I'm afraid.

Extenuating circumstances mean Berra can't be used as a barometer

rudi must stay

I'd rather sign up Caddis and Whittaker on decent cash and take a chance with Brandon and Smith a back up than sign 3-4 average fullbacks who fit within our wage cap.

Well said. Those 4 at the back (incl Hughes and Berra) would seriously allow us to dominate some SPL games

Jambo 4 Ever

He is 33 next month. I wonder what his salary expectations are?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He has hopefully earned enough down south, so he can sign for us on a lower income - IF he really wants to play for us.

Would love us to get this guy in. Only because he is my namesake, has a great record and will be available on a free. Seen him play a couple times too and on both occasions he has looked dangerous.

Make it happen Hearts.

http://www.goal.com/en-au/news/4021/a-league/2017/05/02/35131682/jamie-maclaren-yet-to-decide-post-brisbane-roar-future

EDIT - Already lined up a move to Darmstadt. Oh well.

Less of the personal attacks please.

Jambo 4 Ever

Less of the personal attacks please.

ummm that wasn't an attack on anyone!  Or you just trying to be funny?

So what else have you heard on players coming to us?

hmfc_liam06

ummm that wasn't an attack on anyone!  Or you just trying to be funny?

So what else have you heard on players coming to us?

He's made it perfectly clear he won't be engaging with you, so why do you persist?

Excellent. PM me and we'll decide a meeting place for me to contribute my knob to you. A derelict car park, maybe.

Huh? Context?

She's caught in a difficult situation. She's overseeing a comparatively huge capital project at the same time as trying to support a squad overhaul where she must feel let down by her DoF / fellow Board Member.

If she's going to be prudent then we're likely to see another mixed bag I'm afraid.

Extenuating circumstances mean Berra can't be used as a barometer

It's not just the new stand that'll be on her mind. She'll be concerned that Cathro doesn't work out and a new head coach will be requires who'll no doubt want cash in January. That's not a dig at Cathro just the reality that has to be factored in to her thinking.

Concerning the finances, it must be difficult to free up the resources required when a substantial chunk of them are still being used to pay employees like Oshinawa and Sammon.  Those piss-poor signings and the associated financial commitment are what bug me most, especially when they could well be the difference between signing or not signing a new player.  Or impact on the sort of deal that can be offered to extend existing contracts.  The fact that Cathro has never played the former and has loaned out the latter would suggest he rates neither of them.

Jambo 4 Ever

He's made it perfectly clear he won't be engaging with you, so why do you persist?

He was the one who replied with it

That's what I've heard too.  Rangers have made a pretty good financial offer but we're after him too.  You're hoping it's a Berra situ really - he's made his money and it's not all about that any more.  Time will tell.  Would be a fantastic signing imo.  As good for and important to us as Berra.  Big FU to the huns too.

Dallas Green

Whittaker would be a decent signing, mainly because we have no full backs. I do like Smith though. Smith on the right and Whittaker on the left?

This Lafferty rumor. I can't stand the bassa. 29 though and would probably still do a job.

Clerry Jambo

Whittaker would be a decent signing, mainly because we have no full backs. I do like Smith though. Smith on the right and Whittaker on the left?

This Lafferty rumor. I can't stand the bassa. 29 though and would probably still do a job.

Big Laff as our number 9 with Isma and Niall flying down the flanks either side of him......... :davebp:

alicante jambo

Ill tell you what andrew thats a brilliant idea.These two boys just need nurtured along and with the experience theyll gain training and playing the odd game it could bring them on big time.

Big Laff as our number 9 with Isma and Niall flying down the flanks either side of him......... :davebp:

Isma as a winger? No thanks

So potentially end up with Caddis, Whittaker, Smith and Brandon ? Thats 4 deep in the RB position - a bit excessive no? Whittaker might be able to play LB but do we really want another non LB playing LB?

Clerry Jambo

Isma as a winger? No thanks

I wasn't meaning strictly a winger as in hugging the touchline, lets just say a front 3 then!!

I wasn't meaning strictly a winger as in hugging the touchline, lets just say a front 3 then!!

Isma plays best when he can pull wide, so I know what you mean, but he's better starting from the centre and trying to pull the CHs with him.  I don't think it suits him to be the focal point, better to let him pull defenders around and allow someone else to fill that space. I think we try to do that in a way, but it's all the rotational midfielders trying to fill that gaps which I dont think has worked to date - better have a striker on the park imo, old fashioned as it is!

Agreed. Goncalves is evidently more comfortable playing from the left than as a 9.

I suspect we'll play a variation of 3-4-3 next season.

rudi must stay

Agreed. Goncalves is evidently more comfortable playing from the left than as a 9.

I suspect we'll play a variation of 3-4-3 next season.

Goncalves moves around IMO to keep defenders guessing. A good creative passer of the ball in the middle and we'd be a far better team. FWIW I think he's at his best of his own too

RustyRightPeg

Isma plays best when he can pull wide, so I know what you mean, but he's better starting from the centre and trying to pull the CHs with him.  I don't think it suits him to be the focal point, better to let him pull defenders around and allow someone else to fill that space. I think we try to do that in a way, but it's all the rotational midfielders trying to fill that gaps which I dont think has worked to date - better have a striker on the park imo, old fashioned as it is!

As a comparison for a position I'd maybe use Son at Spurs, playing just off Kane to one side.

As a comparison for a position I'd maybe use Son at Spurs, playing just off Kane to one side.

Don't watch much Epl, but I ken what you mean!!  Fact is it's not new, that "2nd" striker thing.  Robbo did it for a lot of his career.  Yes, he'd often stay close to a big guy for the flicks and scraps (Bone, Clarke, Baird etc), but he also had such intelligence, he'd pull defenders all over the joint and was excellent at "joining in" with attacks.  He was a brilliant crosser of a ball too and would often pull wide, allowing your John Millars etc to hit the box late in the space he'd created.

Goncalves has been pulling wide and dropping deep(way too deep for my liking) purely because the midfield has been so piss poor that his supply is pish! Keep h through the middle and give us better options from wide and the middle and we will see him at his best.

Goncalves has been pulling wide and dropping deep(way too deep for my liking) purely because the midfield has been so piss poor that his supply is pish! Keep h through the middle and give us better options from wide and the middle and we will see him at his best.

Confident Allan could provide supply from midfield

Allan got (wrongly imo) poty in our championship year and barely got any goals and from memory got less assists than King, Nicholson and Walker.

Hibs do great PR for their players and he was huge proof of it.

Confident Allan could provide supply from midfield

If that's the player we are looking for I agree he could open up a defence that's for sure.

His name crops up every transfer window though so I won't look too much in to it.

avhudtheteeshirt

Every time I've watched Morton their full back Mark Russell looks good, and seems to have a good engine for getting up and down the park.

Could be out of contract soon, think he was tied up for 2016/17 only?

Could be worth a punt?

Jambo 4 Ever

Every time I've watched Morton their full back Mark Russell looks good, and seems to have a good engine for getting up and down the park.

Could be out of contract soon, think he was tied up for 2016/17 only?

Could be worth a punt?

This

Allan is 90% done I've been told

Nobody reveals their source so neither will i

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Haven't we been advised it's 100% done on the past....?

I did say last week or so that a mf was coming same week as Berra.

Gamble if true but a worthy one.

Haven't we been advised it's 100% done on the past....?

100k apperently

GorgieRules22

I did say last week or so that a mf was coming same week as Berra.

Gamble if true but a worthy one.

Was it Scott Allan that you had heard aswell ?

Iv not heard that it's him personally so I'd be very surprised if we sign him.

Bazzas right boot

Allan got (wrongly imo) poty in our championship year and barely got any goals and from memory got less assists than King, Nicholson and Walker.

Hibs do great PR for their players and he was huge proof of it.

Maybe, but he bossed each game v us and when I saw them play rangers.

He'll give us something we are missing

super_vlad

I'll take Allan, something different than what we have, the best player in the championship when we were there was Dylan McGeouch, too bad he is made of glass

The Apprentice

This

I take it you've seen Russell play a lot? Every time his name is mentioned you're all over it plus I've seen you mention him loads of times on these threads.

I don't have an opinion either way tbh as never seen the guy play just interested to know why you're so keen.

LarrysRightFoot

I've no idea if there's any truth in the Allan, Whittaker and McGinn rumours but if these are the type players we are looking at it shows the managements intent to play at a much higher tempo and with more energy.

A very good thing IMO.

Archived