***Potential signings/Transfer rumours Thread***

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Brb need to be violently sick. Thats shocking.

Have you any knowledge if the piss poor offers to Walker & Paterson are true? Because if that all is true someone has serious explaining to do...

I spat my beer out when I read it....and I like my beer.

Not asked about Walker and Paterson tbf.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GorgieRules22

I was hearing today also that we have had Kris Renton from Cowdenbeath training with us. Guys a striker.

rick witter

I agree. Sat on his backside taking a huge wage.

Not his fault in the slightest some clown decided to give him a deal on high wages. Put yourself in his shoes what would you do?

Not his fault in the slightest sone clown decided to give him a deal on high wages. Pit yourself in his shoes what would you do?

Sit on my arse obviously.

Not his fault in the slightest some clown decided to give him a deal on high wages. Put yourself in his shoes what would you do?

Agreed. Now we as fans have a collective duty to shame him into getting himself to ****.

ALMOST 4 GRAND 

:raging:

siegementality

I don't think it shows this at all. It says to me that there has been realisation that our previous signing policy has been dreadful and that we have to pay decent salary to get decent players.

Is just a pity we lost money by coming 5th and no cup run. That's the difference between a couple of good players and a couple of Martin types.

You are really, really, tedious.

Holyrood_Hearts

Ali Crawford would be a great signing. Attacking midfielder who scores goals at this level.

Don't think he's out of contract though so how much he cost?

Can't see us signing Crawford. He is under contract at Hamilton until 31st May 2018. I don't see us paying many fees this summer, if any. Re Paul McMullan, he has been out on loan at a few Championship clubs but seems to have found some consistency at Dunfermline this season. He is primarily a wide player,has scored 7 goals for Dunfermline this season and is out of contract at Celtic. Indeed, his form earned him a Scotland U-21 call up back in March. He could potentially be a rough diamond that we could mould? 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

That's not the names in keeping quiet :laugh:

My point was that they're not big names so less need for secrecy. Sound like we won't sign any player near Berra's calibre again this window which is depressing.

I was hearing today also that we have had Kris Renton from Cowdenbeath training with us. Guys a striker.

Even tho the season is finished and no one is training?

ginger jambo98

Agreed. Now we as fans have a collective duty to shame him into getting himself to ****.

ALMOST 4 GRAND 

:raging:

He's on less than that a week by 50%, however, game time and wins takes him to that figure. Guess thats why it made sense to play bombscare Lenny !

Fitzroy Pointon

Saw on facebook that Ayr United have appointed a new captain. Nicky Devlin possibly on his way out?

Edit. Just read he had already left :facepalm:

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Saw on facebook that Ayr United have appointed a new captain. Nicky Devlin possibly on his way out?

Edit. Just read he had already left :facepalm:

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Not itk but reckon he will be in Maroon next season

My point was that they're not big names so less need for secrecy. Sound like we won't sign any player near Berra's calibre again this window which is depressing.

Don't be too despondent just yet but I know what you're saying.

I would look to agree a severance deal and try and get on with my career playing football. If he doesn't play competitively for over 2 yrs, by the end of his 3 yr contract, he will be finished

rudi must stay

Crawford seems a selfish and overrated player. Wouldn't be too happy if he signed

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Don't be too despondent just yet but I know what you're saying.

All will be known soon enough I'd guess.

I like Ali Crawford, was streets ahead of the rest of the Hamilton team and stood out a mile wherever I seen him play

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

rudi must stay

Heard McMullen too

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

if it's the Celtic reserve that would be a decent wee signing. Celtic seem a good place to learn for a youngster

rudi must stay

thought as much after watching his press conference. We've probably broke the bank finance wise to get Berra, he must have been on about 10k a week at Ipswich

Cruyff Turn

Paul McMullan has Gavin Reilly written all over it.

It would certainly be risky signing and one which would be underwhelming if he was to be signed as A. A replacement for Nicholson or Walker B. Viewed as starter in the XI.

Although there is some stuff to suggest he'd be a better player than Reilly.

A product of Celtics Academy, so he must be a reasonable footballer. Celtics youth side is very elite considering they have the pick of the crop and has been the most successful in recent years.

Gavin Reilly never played near that standard as a youth player nor will he have received that level of coaching at Qots.

I believe he is more a winger than a striker as well. Although I'll admit I haven't seen much of the lad.

He has played at every youth level with Scotland which reads very similar to Jamie Walker.

I'd be underwhelmed if we are targeting current Championship players or players unproven at this level.

Certainly worth a punt as a player to be developed further within the first team squad but not for a fee anything like what we probably paid for Reilly.

rudi must stay

It would certainly be risky signing and one which would be underwhelming if he was to be signed as A. A replacement for Nicholson or Walker B. Viewed as starter in the XI.

Although there is some stuff to suggest he'd be a better player than Reilly.

A product of Celtics Academy, so he must be a reasonable footballer. Celtics youth side is very elite considering they have the pick of the crop and has been the most successful in recent years.

Gavin Reilly never played near that standard as a youth player nor will he have received that level of coaching at Qots.

I believe he is more a winger than a striker as well. Although I'll admit I haven't seen much of the lad.

He has played at every youth level with Scotland which reads very similar to Jamie Walker.

I'd be underwhelmed if we are targeting current Championship players or players unproven at this level.

Certainly worth a punt as a player to be developed further within the first team squad but not for a fee anything like what we probably paid for Reilly.

hes out of contract in the summer, probably could get him for nothing

Cruyff Turn

hes out of contract in the summer, probably could get him for nothing

Celtic will definitely want a development fee to re-invest into their Academy which could be hundreds of thousands.

jamboinglasgow

Celtic will definitely want a development fee to re-invest into their Academy which could be hundreds of thousands.

only if Celtic offered him a new contract of equal or greater value that he turned down. Sounds more like they didn't offer him one.

Hope you are right but not what I was told, more likely going to Hibs, but things may have changed since Sunday.

They haven't the budget to sign him and he wants to Hearts.

Most of us were underwhelmed when Hartley signed to be fair...

Which was said when we signed Riley and Salmon and others.

Saying that, it wouldt surprise me if Sir Paul says he owes his whole career to a Levein

GorgieRules22

Even tho the season is finished and no one is training?

I do realise this. He's been training the last few weeks tho and that's fact.

Least it will stop Ali Crawford from scoring against......

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thanks. I did say be prepared to be underwhelmed.

Additional to Crawford/McMillan I heard there have been provisional discussions with Ryan Gauld and a second tier bundesliga player, not sure what position/name.

Also to confirm what you mentioned about the stand. Hearts are actively trying to flog Jamie to fund shortfalls in stand budget ..

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Thanks Sam all pretty underwhelming but acceptable when you consider we have a stand to build.

Folk need to calm down about Walker,plays one good game every 10 and when we're up against it goes missing more often than not.There's not 1 player at Hearts that we utterly rely on,the most important thing we have done is sign Berra and we'll build around him.

Folk need to calm down about Walker,plays one good game every 10 and when we're up against it goes missing more often than not.There's not 1 player at Hearts that we utterly rely on,the most important thing we have done is sign Berra and we'll build around him.

Not un calm about walker, passing on info; the crux of the matter is this year he goes we get money next year plums.. on form over last 3 months take all we can get.

They haven't the budget to sign him and he wants to Hearts.

I got the impression money was not a factor in it as he has done well for himself down south. And he was impressed when he met with Lennon despite them offering less money.

But as posted a few pages ago, Milwall have also shown interest so that could change things.

Elias Henry Furst

I got the impression money was not a factor in it as he has done well for himself down south. And he was impressed when he met with Lennon despite them offering less money.

But as posted a few pages ago, Milwall have also shown interest so that could change things.

He hasn't met Lennon.

The Treasurer

I wouldn't go quite as negative as that just yet but I think the stand is eating into the playing budget even though she said it wouldn't.

All the more reason for people to renew their ST's whether they back the manager or DoF or not.

Bazzas right boot

Regarding Whittaker I was told today that there are 3 clubs who have shown an interest in him. May have been on here already but not going through multiple pages of arguing of who is and isn't ITK to check.

We have spoken to him, Hibs have spoken to him and Milwall also have shown an interest in him now they have been promoted to the championship.

At this stage I was told Hibs seemed to be favourite, but at that stage I don't believe he had spoken to Milwall so that may have changed again.

Also told that Naismith is desperate to go to Rangers, Norwich are desperate to get him off wage bill but Rangers have a ?12k per week wage limit which is a big drop from ?30+.

Aye, he was reported to be on ?50k....

hmfc_liam06

Spoke to my Dunfermline supporting mates. Decent winger, not sure if he's up to Premiership level yet but definitely worth it on a free.

Bazzas right boot

Folk need to realise hat most creative player's need a rest/ go missing.

Very few in word Football deliver week In week out

Walker is a very good spl player.

Even players getting ?200k a week go missing and get rotated.

We relayed too much on walker but had no options to rotate or replace him for a few games.

Berra is a good signing but to dismiss walker and his 15 goals is silly.

Bowmans_Boot

Folk need to realise hat most creative player's need a rest/ go missing.

Very few in word Football deliver week In week out

Walker is a very good spl player.

Even players getting ?200k a week go missing and get rotated.

We relayed too much on walker but had no options to rotate or replace him for a few games.

Berra is a good signing but to dismiss walker and his 15 goals is silly.

Many fans will only realise exactly what we had when Jamie leaves, unfortunately.

Many fans will only realise exactly what we had when Jamie leaves, unfortunately.

Indeed.

Captain America

If we lose Walker and replace him with a Celtic youth player then that would be underwhelming to say the least.

Crawford hits a good free kick and does tend to score against us so he be a decent signing.

As others have said Berra will be as good as it gets this transfer window. 

chester copperpot

If we lose Walker and replace him with a Celtic youth player then that would be underwhelming to say the least.

Crawford hits a good free kick and does tend to score against us so he be a decent signing.

As others have said Berra will be as good as it gets this transfer window.

I think at least one more signing will be on a par with Berra

Bowmans_Boot

I wouldn't go quite as negative as that just yet but I think the stand is eating into the playing budget even though she said it wouldn't.

This worries me. We were specifically told that the stand would not affect the playing budget at all. If the opposite is true then we deserve to be told.

Captain America

I think at least one more signing will be on a par with Berra

Hope you are right Chester.

Archived