***Potential signings/Transfer rumours Thread***

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

We budgeting for 4th what real difference is that not a lot I would imagine ?

Dinnae ken. Upwards of ?50k?

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So hardly anything

Really? It's been posted on here that Walker was 'only' offered ?100 a week extra. Or ?5,200 a year pay rise. I'd bite your hand off for that right now. But the context here is that while ?50k may appear peanuts in the grand scheme of things, it could be the difference between keeping a player and a player leaving.

vegas-voss

Really? It's been posted on here that Walker was 'only' offered ?100 a week extra. Or ?5,200 a year pay rise. I'd bite your hand off for that right now. But the context here is that while ?50k may appear peanuts in the grand scheme of things, it could be the difference between keeping a player and a player leaving.

Yeah I suppose you are right there

You don't what was said and you're not sure how anyone expected.... but you come on here to make some point about getting to St Johnstone's level.

You're a tedious pedant

Bazzas right boot

And you're an anti Hearts ****

That not a hibs fan?

We budgeting for 4th what real difference is that not a lot I would imagine ?

4th - ?1,595,000

5th - ?1,485,000

Difference of ?110k

LarrysRightFoot

Spoke to a Pars fan and a Stenny fan about McMullan.

Both rave about.

Stenny fan said he single handedly kept them up when he was there. Unplayable at times.

Both said he is great going one v one with defenders and good and at getting his cross in.

Obviously this was at a lower level and you can't guarantee he would make the step up but sounds promising.

Would be a low risk possible high reward signing.

Put me on ignore. Our communication is over.

Idiot

Why should I put you on ignore?   I don't mind demolishing your ill thought out anti Hearts posts.

Why should I put you on ignore? I don't mind demolishing your ill thought out anti Hearts posts.

I've asked you to.

I never posted anything "anti Hearts" earlier. You clearly have limited intellect or are hyper sensitive. Or both.

Put me on ignore as you're amongst the very worst on here.

I've asked you to.

I never posted anything "anti Hearts" earlier. You clearly have limited intellect or are hyper sensitive. Or both.

Put me on ignore as you're amongst the very worst on here.

And I'll decide who I put on ignore.  I do have limited intellect and can be a little hyper sensitive.

You happy now?

...a bit disco

:laugh:

It's going to be a LOOOOONG close season.

JamboBornNBred

People are now suggesting that our budget is affected.

Yes they have..........but yet not one of them have shown any proof of this.

Jambojay84

What dutch lad is going to swap the coaching and benefits of the coaching over there for a team in Scotland

No offence but that's ridiculous

Our budget is the likes of Anderson at RKC and he turned out to be a huddy

El hass another one

In Holland the best are picked out at 10-11 year old and spend 24 hours a day at their club and attend school housed by that club. We are light years off this

The only players Scotland could attract are the 1's not good enough/injury prone and on the pittance we can pay

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I was really just saying Ajax as they were the subject of the post, when I mentioned Hearts all I meant was we are trying to implement a style at all age groups similar to Ajax. Anywho thread back on track has Sow signed yet [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:laugh:

It's going to be a LOOOOONG close season.

More entertaining than the last few games to be fair :lol:

...a bit disco

More entertaining than the last few games to be fair :lol:

Indeed!

:thumbsup:

Livvyjambo

We will do as we've said less quantity but what we do bring in will cost us . There will be a reliance on 2 or 3 stepping up

I was really just saying Ajax as they were the subject of the post, when I mentioned Hearts all I meant was we are trying to implement a style at all age groups similar to Ajax. Anywho thread back on track has Sow signed yet [emoji848]

Ahhhhhh point taken Jay

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Both rave about.

Stenny fan said he single handedly kept them up when he was there. Unplayable at times.

Both said he is great going one v one with defenders and good and at getting his cross in.

Obviously this was at a lower level and you can't guarantee he would make the step up but sounds promising.

Know nothing about the kid but it's a market I like us looking at. Ok, Keatings and Reilly didn't work out long term but we should be first in line when talent is available in Scotland imo. A punt on this lad versus a punt on Osh, Rherras, Avlonitis.... etc.

Look at Andy Robertson, the gems can be out there.

LarrysRightFoot

Know nothing about the kid but it's a market I like us looking at. Ok, Keatings and Reilly didn't work out long term but we should be first in line when talent is available in Scotland imo. A punt on this lad versus a punt on Osh, Rherras, Avlonitis.... etc.

Look at Andy Robertson, the gems can be out there.

We have done alright looking at this market before Webster, Stevenson. Levein also had success at United in that market.

Also McMullan like Robertson had a grounding in Celtics academy.

Who knows may be nothing in it as far as our interest goes but as I say I've heard positive things about him.

He hasn't met Lennon.

The person I heard he has from is someone who would have a good idea on who he has met and what has been discussed in these meetings...

So my info is he met Lennon and also met Cathro and Levein.

bernardbresslawsarmchair

We have done alright looking at this market before Webster, Stevenson. Levein also had success at United in that market.

Also McMullan like Robertson had a grounding in Celtics academy.

Who knows may be nothing in it as far as our interest goes but as I say I've heard positive things about him.

Get a bag of cocaine into Oshi;s locker  tip the boss off  get him sacked no pay off-sorted !!

Posting 'Levein's recruitment disaster' as fact is jackanory stuff

By and large Neilson and Cathro / Macphee have had just as much say as Levein if not more in who we have signed.

What worked for Neilson didn't work for Cathro and he was supported with some short term signings in January.

Last summer we brought in British players with SPL experience, the season before we brought in exactly the sort of young player doing well in the championship that we have always tried to do

before

We haven't done anything wacky or anything that we haven't done before.

The recruitment got us into the top 2-3 in the league then Robbie left

Cathro is more limited i.e. He can't do an allardyce and kick players up the arse and play them no matter what, but he arguably has more potential playing a more expansive style but he needs the right type of player.

Hence we need to recruit in numbers this summer.

Elias Henry Furst

The person I heard he has from is someone who would have a good idea on who he has met and what has been discussed in these meetings...

So my info is he met Lennon and also met Cathro and Levein.

According to his Dad at the beginning of the week, 2 clubs in Scotland have approached him. Rangers and Hearts. He specifically said that Hibs hadn't. Steven Whittaker has spoken with Levein and as it stands the wages we can offer him won't come close to capturing him. To put it into context, he had the opportunity to move to Wigan and they offered him 4K a week and it wasn't close to being what he was looking for. He's in no desperate rush to return north as his wife and kids live with him and will move where he does.

According to his Dad at the beginning of the week, 2 clubs in Scotland have approached him. Rangers and Hearts. He specifically said that Hibs hadn't. Steven Whittaker has spoken with Levein and as it stands the wages we can offer him won't come close to capturing him. To put it into context, he had the opportunity to move to Wigan and they offered him 4K a week and it wasn't close to being what he was looking for. He's in no desperate rush to return north as his wife and kids live with him and will move where he does.

I might be daft here but if he's thinking in his head that 4 grand a week is not acceptable than why would be waste both his and Hearts time as he is surely not so naive to think that we could offer that?Also his dad should really not be blabbing about his son.....

Elias Henry Furst

I might be daft here but if he's thinking in his head that 4 grand a week is not acceptable than why would be waste both his and Hearts time as he is surely not so naive to think that we could offer that?Also his dad should really not be blabbing about his son.....

I believe Wigans offer was made to him in January.

When a club makes the call, it's common decency to hear them out.

Players family members the length and breadth of the UK 'blab'. A high percentage of the time their info won't make it into the public domain, however.

chester copperpot

Update regarding McGregor.

No contact. He is now on holiday so nothing happening soon.

His dad has had tons of texts from hearts mates asking the same thing.

This isn't happening IMO.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Baws.

Thanks for the update.

chester copperpot

Baws.

Thanks for the update.

Sorry mate. I only post the facts. I hate ***** that do it to try get some sort of ITK status.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Sorry mate. I only post the facts. I hate ***** that do it to try get some sort of ITK status.

I'm the same. It's really quite pathetic having to make up stories online to gain some attention. :laugh:

No need to apologise mate I appreciate the information. Whether it's what I wanted to hear or not.

Jambo 4 Ever

Do you think he would sign for us if we approached him though?

Anywhere nice?

Seriously though, one of the few interesting posts on this thread. Thanks for the update :)

Thought Police

How are we possibly going to afford Whittaker and McGregor.

Jeez, we only managed to get Berra cause he was so desperate for a move back.

I think given both are Hearts fans and at the end of their careers (or pretty much anyway) people are kinda hoping the childhood dream of playing for their team with finally be realised.

I'm hopeful that fulfilling a childhood dream will motivate them.

Not for a minute suggesting this is going to happen again but I seem to recall that a local businessman forked out to help JR's wages when he returned from Newcastle.

Just saying you never know what might be happening in the background.

jamboinglasgow

Both rave about.

He certainly been highly rated for a while. Good if he has done well at Dunfermline.

I agree that its the kind of signing that is low risk, if possible you could give him a 1 year deal to show he can make it in the Premership. 

I think given both are Hearts fans and at the end of their careers (or pretty much anyway) people are kinda hoping the childhood dream of playing for their team with finally be realised.

I'm hopeful that fulfilling a childhood dream will motivate them.

Heard that Whittaker is a Hearts fan.. McGregor isn't a Hearts fan although most of his friends up here are big hearts fans.. 

I think with playing every week from a young age McGregor didn't seem to have a team.. Be a great signing if we got him tho.. 

Depends what they want tho.. if they are looking for a decent salary they will be nowhere near us.. our hope is that they are just looking to settle down back in Edinburgh..

Shay given is a free agent, he's a good age but could probably still do a job for us/ mentor jack Hamilton

Hamilton will never be Hearts class. He'll end up tail spinning down the leagues.

chester copperpot

Do you think he would sign for us if we approached him though?

Considering I am not Allan McGregor I have no idea.

When I spoke to his family member though they did state that he would be interested in talking to us as coming back up the road is something he definitely would consider.

I guess it depends on

A: whether we would like to sign him

B: whether we would fork out a big wage for a 35yr old.

I doubt this is happening due to the fact that I think Cathro wants his players in ASAP so if nothing's been done yet with Allan I doubt it will happen.

Fair enough, my info was via PMPR

William H. Bonney

Some absolute gobshites in this thread.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

You're just jealous that you're not best friends with allan, steven, shay or their dads.

Heard that Whittaker is a Hearts fan.. McGregor isn't a Hearts fan although most of his friends up here are big hearts fans..

I think with playing every week from a young age McGregor didn't seem to have a team.. Be a great signing if we got him tho..

Depends what they want tho.. if they are looking for a decent salary they will be nowhere near us.. our hope is that they are just looking to settle down back in Edinburgh..

McGregor was a Jambo when he was younger. Once he was at Rangers from a young age he obviously began to sway that way, but defo a Jambo before.

As I said previously very slim chance he would come to us.

Archived