***Potential signings/Transfer rumours Thread***

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Bazzas right boot

Complete random, but do you think rangers will punt Wallace once the new man starts his clear out?

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Special Agent Dale Cooper

Excellent. PM me and we'll decide a meeting place for me to contribute my knob to you. A derelict car park, maybe.

I'll take a KC if they're flying around too please BigO!

Sent from my Swift 2 using Tapatalk

Futurejambo1

Complete random, but do you think rangers will punt Wallace once the new man starts his clear out?

I'd be very surprised if he does as Wallace is still a decent player in and around the Scotland scene and scores goals for them.

Caddis is apparently a done deal

29 year old wing back who can play either on the right or the left, has plenty experience and knows the scottish game. Fits the bill.

How old is Caddis these days? Seems a lifetime ago he broke through as a promising youngster.

How old is Caddis these days? Seems a lifetime ago he broke through as a promising youngster.

Oops, answered above. 29

Would be nice to get new players in early so they can benefit from a full pre-season training schedule. Berra's a great signing and hopefull will be announced as our club captain.

How decent is yer source mate? Sorry for asking, but I don't recognise yer name. Cheers.

...a bit disco

See Rangers are offering Barry Barry McKay for ONLY 2 mil?

GorgieRules22

How decent is yer source mate? Sorry for asking, but I don't recognise yer name. Cheers.

That's rubbish as Hearts have no interest in Caddis at all. By all accounts we're monitoring the situation regarding Steven Whittaker, Hibs have already made there interest known to the player.

We_are_the_Hearts

That's rubbish as Hearts have no interest in Caddis at all. By all accounts we're monitoring the situation regarding Steven Whittaker, Hibs have already made there interest known to the player.

Now's not the time for monitoring, it's time for acting. We find out if we can get him. If not then move on to someone else. We have paid for fannying about at other transfer windows

Heres Rixxy

Have we even contacted Berra as I have heard that we are not interested in him.

New sources required :P

CRWJambo1991

Hopefully we sign some Scots this window or at least some players that know our game.

Can't have hibs thinking their the big team

Monitoring the situation?

Now being told he rejected the offer. Just been told Caddis has signed, and Luke Lehy from Fakirk, and a lad from Ayr. Don't know how well informed the souece is though.

The guy from Ayr is Nicky Devlin. Only rumour though.

Monitoring the situation?

Any more bits of news, Notts?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I mentioned this yesterday, not ITK but source is a fairly honest guy with a lot of connections. He told me about Berra long before it happened. Time will tell though.

Shame. Would have been a good signing.

Its not out of the question. We are doing more than monitoring the situation though.

Elias Henry Furst

Hibs haven't been in touch with Steven Whittaker.

2 clubs in Scotland have. Rangers and Hearts. What we can offer him is unlikely to tempt him unfortunately. (nothing certain as yet, however)

Source is a close family member.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Its not out of the question. We are doing more than monitoring the situation though.

Very encouraging to hear the type of players we're looking at. Now really isn't a time to gamble on players that may not suit Scottish football.

2 clubs in Scotland have. Rangers and Hearts. What we can offer him is unlikely to tempt him unfortunately. (nothing certain as yet, however)

This....................and he really doesn't want to go back to Rangers. Ann is being rather tight with the purse strings I'm afraid folks.

Bungalow Bill

Very encouraging to hear the type of players we're looking at. Now really isn't a time to gamble on players that may not suit Scottish football.

Are we talking about Caddis or Whitaker here? I've lost track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We_are_the_Hearts

Was Whittaker not one of the ones that chose to jump ship when the Huns died? He may not want to go back there

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Are we talking about Caddis or Whitaker here? I've lost track.

Whittaker. :laugh:

Bungalow Bill

Whittaker. :laugh:

Cheers.

Also just read Notts' comment re salary etc. Hopefully we can do something to make this signing happen.

Elias Henry Furst

Was Whittaker not one of the ones that chose to jump ship when the Huns died? He may not want to go back there

He doesn't.

Nor does any of his family.

We would love to sign him and from what I hear he'd jump at the move if the money was right. Unfortunately as things stand it's a no go.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Cheers.

Also just read Notts' comment re salary etc. Hopefully we can do something to make this signing happen.

I really hope so although that would seem unlikely. Perhaps we could offer bigger win bonuses to negate the low basic pay.

Fingers crossed.

Elias Henry Furst

This....................and he really doesn't want to go back to Rangers. Ann is being rather tight with the purse strings I'm afraid folks.

:thumbsup:

We_are_the_Hearts

He doesn't.

Nor does any of his family.

We would love to sign him and from what I hear he'd jump at the move if the money was right. Unfortunately as things stand it's a no go.

Surely he would accept the same money as Berra? He will have made money out the game.

Surely he would accept the same money as Berra? He will have made money out the game.

Guess he might not feel the same need to come back to Scotland as Berra. Seems like personal reasons played a big part in that. Whittaker's only 32. Could probably still get another decent 2 year deal down south if he wanted one. 

it would seem, going by the rumours (no, not the Fleetwood mac type), that our changed recruitment policy is to go for players who have played up here previously and have done reasonably well for them selves down south but are maybe at a stage in their career where a move back home is more important than an inflated wage.

if we can pull a few of these off, added to a few who are maybe up here already, either playing at a lower level or are looking for a new challenge and maybe a few interesting foreign imports then I think we could have the makings of a very good squad if you add in what we all ready have and the youngsters that are the cusp of breaking through.

makes me far more optimistic about next season. time will tell though.

Elias Henry Furst

I can't answer that.

Personal opinion is that Berra was more desperate to move to Edinburgh than Whittaker currently is. He'll be well aware of what he can earn down south even at league one level.

Hopefully there can be a shift from both sides and the move happens as I think he'd be a great signing.

GorgieRules22

I can't answer that.

Personal opinion is that Berra was more desperate to move to Edinburgh than Whittaker currently is. He'll be well aware of what he can earn down south even at league one level.

Hopefully there can be a shift from both sides and the move happens as I think he'd be a great signing.

Agree.

Exactly what we need and would fit the style of play that Cathros looking for. He can also play on both right and left.

Get your purse oot Ann !!

Agree.

Exactly what we need and would fit the style of play that Cathros looking for. He can also play on both right and left.

Get OOR purse oot Ann!

you tease notts. lol

Bungalow Bill

Agree.

Annoyingly, we could be falling short on wages due to finishing 5th instead of 4th, which we budgeted for, missed out on an extra ?110,000.

We_are_the_Hearts

Annoyingly, we could be falling short on wages due to finishing 5th instead of 4th, which we budgeted for, missed out on an extra ?110,000.

Well hopefully she remembers she was willing to take a chance with an inexperienced manager

Bowmans_Boot

Add in poor cup runs, as well.

GorgieRules22

Your probably right.

If she's willing to keep Cathro on though she has to back him.

At least with Whittaker you know what your getting, a good Jambo that knows what the clubs about...got to be worth the extra coin.

Does anyone know if there miles apart on negotiations?

Archived