***Potential signings/Transfer rumours Thread***

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Bazzas right boot

Jack to rangers, Paterson also rumoured to be going there.

Daily ranger.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All roads lead to Gorgie

Daily ranger.

If Paterson ends up there I will be livid but it is in the DR as you say.

Heard today that we've spoken to Allan McGregor.

I can see this happening I grew up with Allan and he was a jambo all through childhood then he signed for Rangers at 15 ish.

Daily ranger.

Thought Paterson to Cardiff was a done deal? 

They seem fairly confident on their forum. The Daily hun is probably just linking Paterson to the huns to make their fans feel like they're still relevant.

The Daily Record is the biggest load of crap in Scotland. Their 'journalists' make things up when it suits them to - which is before every deadline. Do not trust a thing they say. 

Allan mcgregor would be a ****ing supreme signing if there is any truth in it. A solid keeper is the starting point for any succesful team. Mcgregor is an edinburgh boy as well

Noring has done well since he came in (bar that mistake. And all goalies make them) happy with him as no1 to be fair

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Bowmans_Boot

Noring has done well since he came in (bar that mistake. And all goalies make them) happy with him as no1 to be fair

A pretty major **** up and I would imagine he will do it again.

Allan McGregor would be a fantastic signing.

Captain America

Mcgregor would be a great signing. Would give the defence confidence.

Bazzas right boot

Mcgregor would be a great signing. Would give the defence confidence.

Yip, we wouldn't only improve the goalkeeping number 1 position but likely the whole defence would get a boost and Hamilton also likely to benefit.

win- win- win.

I'd imagine, at a push we'd be offering ?5k max,  Can't see it happening, he would surely command ?10k + at a championship team.

Bowmans_Boot

Yip, we wouldn't only improve the goalkeeping number 1 position but likely the whole defence would get a boost and Hamilton also likely to benefit.

win- win- win.

I'd imagine, at a push we'd be offering ?5k max, Can't see it happening, he would surely command ?10k + at a championship team.

Chester Copperpot already posted that money isnt McGregor's motivation so it is possible.

Went in to the new ticket office on Saturday to renew, as I was walking along I saw Levein going in to the office with another suit and a young guy, no idea who it was, smaller than Levein and wearing a hoody or jacket and baseball cap.  Could have been anyone as only saw him from behind (ooh er), certainly not McGregor, Berra etc as he was a fair bit shorter than Levin.

true-jambo

3 of us in re-newing also, saw him head on but none of us recognised him.

Same guy as he was wearing a baseball cap with the peak to the back, and definitely shorter than Levein.

Someone posted on another thread that there was a rumour that a player was at Riccarton on Saturday, could be the same guy.

Elias Henry Furst

Think it's already been mentioned on this thread but a deal is rumoured to have been agreed with Celtic and Scott Allan.

It'll be after the cup final before it's announced if true.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Think it's already been mentioned on this thread but a deal is rumoured to have been agreed with Celtic and Scott Allan.

Scott Allan? He wasn't even that good at Hibs ffs. If this is the kind of player we're after Cathro is going to be remembered as the most disastrous appointment since we were founded in 1874.

Bazzas right boot

Scott Allan? He wasn't even that good at Hibs ffs. If this is the kind of player we're after Cathro is going to be remembered as the most disastrous appointment since we were founded in 1874.

I think Allan would improve us, although we'd need to keep his head in the game.

Good touch, picks a pass and can control games, needs energy and pace to supplement him tho.

ffs. We better not be paying money for him.

Seriously underwhelmed if true. (also annoyed if we have to pay cash for a chump that is happy to through his career away for a payday - twice!)

Bazzas right boot

Chester Copperpot already posted that money isnt McGregor's motivation so it is possible.

Hopefully!

3 of us in re-newing also, saw him head on but none of us recognised him.

Same guy as he was wearing a baseball cap with the peak to the back, and definitely shorter than Levein.

Someone posted on another thread that there was a rumour that a player was at Riccarton on Saturday, could be the same guy.

Did he look like him?

MR_300x450_acf_cropped.jpg

Pls pls pls :)

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

I think Allan would improve us, although we'd need to keep his head in the game.

Good touch, picks a pass and can control games, needs energy and pace to supplement him tho.

Vastly overrated at Hibs. Nicholsons stats pish ed all over his. We're going for tippy tappy players that shrink when the going gets tough. File in the Jason Holt category. At least he scored goals.

Bazzas right boot

Yip.

Noring is not the answer.

Hamilton is better than noring imo, a d I'd bet that is how thier careers play out.

Big Al would be a great signing for a season or two tho.

DxB Hearts

Did he look like him?

And who would that be?!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Bazzas right boot

Vastly overrated at Hibs. Nicholsons stats pish ed all over his. We're going for tippy tappy players that shrink when the going gets tough. File in the Jason Holt category. At least he scored goals.

Maybe,but when Ive seen Allan play he stood out, mostly v us and rangers in the championship.

Would improve us in the midfield, imo.

And who would that be?!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Mark Russell, was desperately hoping it might be him :(

Jason Holt? Someone on here will have your sack in a centre parten for such sacrilege

Jambo 4 Ever

Did he look like him?

Heard great things about him.... don't know what our chances of signing him are though

Say What Again

Saw someone on Facebook say we're interested in Woking wing-back Nathan Ralph.

I did a quick google and notice Robbie Neilson and MK Dons are being linked with him too. I wonder if he's been on the radar at Hearts previously or a total nothing story.

13 assists this season.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/04/18/mk-dons-and-chesterfield-eye-wokings-ralph/

William H. Bonney

Heard great things about him.... don't know what our chances of signing him are though

Who is he?

glynnlondon

Mentioned on a millwall forum that they're looking at goncalves.

Don't know if there's much substance to it.

Bowmans_Boot

Mentioned on a millwall forum that they're looking at goncalves.

Don't know if there's much substance to it.

Hopefully not, I would be gutted if he left. Given a straight choice of Goncalves or Boyce, I would take Goncalves every time.

Jambo 4 Ever

Hopefully not, I would be gutted if he left. Given a straight choice of Goncalves or Boyce, I would take Goncalves every time.

Boyce might score more goals though

Bowmans_Boot

Not definitely. I fancy Isma to be a 20+ striker, too.

socrates82

Rangers I heard but my source could be a bit iffy.

Daily record? They're literally connecting rangers to every single half decent player in scotland plus the usual nonsense about players in england or abroad.

Absolutely. It's not close.

Not sure about that. Goncalves's goalscoring record so far is pretty good. 7 in 13 in a poor side is decent (6 if you exclude penalties). Some people seem to think he's not a finisher and I agree he misses some chances, but I'm sure Boyce does too. And from what I've seen Isma offers much more as a whole. Opposing players aren't scrutinised by our support to nearly the same extent as our own ones. Boyce is a good player and if he was out of contract or available for a reasonably low fee I'd take him, but he's not that good.  

For what reason? 

Bowmans_Boot

For what reason? 

Quite simply, I rate him higher than Boyce! I think his all round game is better and I believe his goalscoring will be on a par with him. 

Bowmans_Boot

Absolutely. It's not close.

Not sure about that. Goncalves's goalscoring record so far is pretty good. 7 in 13 in a poor side is decent (6 if you exclude penalties). Some people seem to think he's not a finisher and I agree he misses some chances, but I'm sure Boyce does too. And from what I've seen Isma offers much more as a whole. Opposing players aren't scrutinised by our support to nearly the same extent as our own ones. Boyce is a good player and if he was out of contract or available for a reasonably low fee I'd take him, but he's not that good.  

I agree with all of this. He is a good player but no world beater, nowhere near good enough to break the bank for and Goncalves is better, in my opinion. 

Quite simply, I rate him higher than Boyce! I think his all round game is better and I believe his goalscoring will be on a par with him.

Isma is a shining light in a dark season.

Watched him close up at Perth 2nd half, not only is he one skilful player but his movement, strength and work rate shamed his colleagues.

Don't think he's going anywhere, he's got three years on his contract to go.

I think the fans would be furious if they sold him.

rudi must stay

Don't think he's going anywhere, he's got three years on his contract to go.

I think the fans would be furious if they sold him.

The fans would be surprised I think. If the money's good (over a million) then so what IMO, its a poor league if Cathro does have good contacts he could replace him easily

McGregor could be an excellent signing. Old as **** mind you, but could be good competition for Hamilton. Might actually improve him too.

He seems to have a good attitude too

I think we need more players who demand high standards and winning mentality

Would be a fab signing

Every keeper has them in their locker now and then he has had some brilliant saves since he has come in and can come for a ball and command. Mcgregor is a good goalie give you that

Why would they wait until after the cup final?

He will play no part in the game or squad

Its no like we're waiting on a celtic player involved in team affairs

Why would they wait until after the cup final?

He will play no part in the game or squad

Its no like we're waiting on a celtic player involved in team affairs

Mind some people at the start of the season were adamant Celtic would sell to a "rival".....

We were just to 60 points behind them this year

:facepalm:

Bazzas right boot

Mind some people at the start of the season were adamant Celtic would sell to a "rival".....

We were just to 60 points behind them this year

:facepalm:

Celtic will quite happily punt us Thier players, by making the likes of us, Aberdeen and even hibs stronger it will likely effect rangers more than them.

Christie on loan sums Thier attitude up towards the rest of us.

Archived