***Potential signings/Transfer rumours Thread***

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Mind some people at the start of the season were adamant Celtic would sell to a "rival".....

We were just to 60 points behind them this year

:facepalm:

Be interesting to see if they will loan to Hibs this year

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if we'll go for a few loan signings

Gauld?

Gauld?

Yeah

Players like that perhaps

There was a story recently Sporting were looking to sell

RustyRightPeg

Gauld?

Pretty sure Gauld has been given a free.

Interesting as Cathro was the one at Utd who brought him through...

Morgaro Gomis

Pretty sure Gauld has been given a free.

Interesting as Cathro was the one at Utd who brought him through...

I don't think he has. I'm sure Sporting said they wanted to recoup the money they spent.

Goalkeeper Craig Samson freed by Motherwell......

Please God no.....

Surely we wouldn't be that stupid!? Absolutely terrible keeper

I don't think he has. I'm sure Sporting said they wanted to recoup the money they spent.

Sporting might be hard pressed to find anyone willing to pay that sort of cash. IIRC it was circa ?3m they spent on him right?

Sporting might be hard pressed to find anyone willing to pay that sort of cash. IIRC it was circa ?3m they spent on him right?

?3 million was quoted

Looks like will have to be free transfer

?3 million was quoted

Looks like will have to be free transfer

Shame for the lad, he could have done what every other young scottish player does and buggered off down south but opted to try something different. I do wonder if Cathro and Levein being here could be a pull factor? 

Doubtful tbh but we'd be mad not to ask the question.

johnking123

They are not after ?3 million. Just want to recoup some of there money back. They know they won't get that, maybe a third of it.

Bazzas right boot

Djoum gone to some silly league for ?1.5m, spend oi on Gauld, 5 year deal 50% sell on.

Bobs yer uncle.

Djoum gone to some silly league for ?1.5m, spend oi on Gauld, 5 year deal 50% sell on.

Bobs yer uncle.

Should try and find a chinese team and let them know we have two African stars for sale, a world cup quality LB and an AFCON winner.

Actually better not. Be the first team to be sued for misrepresentation :D

Should try and find a chinese team and let them know we have two African stars for sale, a world cup quality LB and an AFCON winner.

Actually better not. Be the first team to be sued for misrepresentation :D

Hate to be that guy, but both are AFCON winners...might add that extra 0 :)

jamboinglasgow

Shame for the lad, he could have done what every other young scottish player does and buggered off down south but opted to try something different. I do wonder if Cathro and Levein being here could be a pull factor? 

Doubtful tbh but we'd be mad not to ask the question.

I feel sorry for him also because when he was doing well last season and establishing himself in the league on loan, Sporting ended his loan for the pettiest reason. And the club he was loaned to refused to hand back his registration meaning he could not go back out on loan to another Portuguese club. If his time in Portugal ends, its not because of him, and Sporting need to grow up.

johnking123

I feel sorry for him also because when he was doing well last season and establishing himself in the league on loan, Sporting ended his loan for the pettiest reason. And the club he was loaned to refused to hand back his registration meaning he could not go back out on loan to another Portuguese club. If his time in Portugal ends, its not because of him, and Sporting need to grow up.

Pretty sure the Portuguese FA charged him for it as well. 

jamboinglasgow

Pretty sure the Portuguese FA charged him for it as well. 

Did not hear that, its a disgrace how he was treated in January and since.

Ricardo Shillyshally

Heard the Scott Allan one and the McGregor one tonight from independent sources. None of them kickbackers.

Time will tell if true.

weegie jambo

I'll see if I can get any more gen on my Tony Andreu info. Even if DU come up the money offered by Hearts and Hibs was better and a move is on the cards. Apparently goes out with John Collin's daughter so don't know if that sways him towards or away from the vermin?

I'll see if I can get any more gen on my Tony Andreu info. Even if DU come up the money offered by Hearts and Hibs was better and a move is on the cards. Apparently goes out with John Collin's daughter so don't know if that sways him towards or away from the vermin?

Where did this come from?

Holyrood_Hearts

He's been dating Collins daughter for a while now.

weegie jambo

Where did this come from?

posted it up on page 3 of this thread, pretty reliable source

weegie jambo

He's been dating Collins daughter for a while now.

just found out on Saturday night, don't know if it was significant given that his agent has spoken to both us and Hibs

ford donald

Isma is a shining light in a dark season.

Watched him close up at Perth 2nd half, not only is he one skilful player but his movement, strength and work rate shamed his colleagues.

Valentinho
The standard Scott Allan rumour every transfer window.

He's pish as well.[/quot

Eh, no he is not! Probably best player in the year we were in the Championship , and was indeed voted best player in the division. No doubt he is a money chaser, but what player isn't these days?! So long as he is cheap by way of fee and is paid within our wage range, I think he would be a good buy.......too many on here say they wouldn't want him to sign because he was a Hobo.Me, I couldnae care less if he can play.

super_vlad

Not been funny here but we haven't replaced Gomis since he left, had plenty of doubts but he was the one doing all the dirty work in midfield! First job is to get a player like that in midfield.

alicante jambo

Ive not seen much of gauld either but the times i have when with scotland u21s hes been shite.

Ive not seen much of gauld either but the times i have when with scotland u21s hes been shite.

He was absolutely fantastic at Utd. Better than Armstrong, which means Celtic or Rangers I'll take a punt. Their manager will know him too.

alicante jambo

He was absolutely fantastic at Utd. Better than Armstrong, which means Celtic or Rangers I'll take a punt. Their manager will know him too.

Fair enough bud i never seen much of him there but what ive seen of him with scotland he hasnt done much.

He is our star player,no doubt about it.

Maybe he is our best but he is certainly still flawed, for a striker he has no calmness in front of goal and is basically hit and hope, when he achieves the calmness of a true predator like Robo and picks his spot then he will be quite something. 

Maybe he is our best but he is certainly still flawed, for a striker he has no calmness in front of goal and is basically hit and hope, when he achieves the calmness of a true predator like Robo and picks his spot then he will be quite something.

What do you want for ?170,000??

We've many many problems but I'd suggest Goncalves isn't one of them.

He's done well in a dire side devoid of any positives attributes

Goncalves and Souttar are only two imo that can be exonerated from a catastrophic campaign. Possibly Paterson pre injury can be added to that list. I'd can every single one beyond those pair

johnking123

Luke Leahy has left Falkirk.

Like the look of him. Gets forward well and puts in a decent ball.

Bazzas right boot

Luke Leahy has left Falkirk.

Probably told by the liquor to move on.

John Findlay

Not definitely. I fancy Isma to be a 20+ striker, too.

I will be surprised if he scores more than 20 next season.

Winston Ingram

No idea where this Allan McGregor rumour started but there is no truth at all to it.

Which is hardly a shock... a year left at Hull, even if they get rid there are Championship teams (including Cardiff) who will sign him. That's a wage difference of circa ?20,000 a week. 

No one Like the look of Simon Murray at DU.. out of contract at the end of the month.. hibs interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No one Like the look of Simon Murray at DU.. out of contract at the end of the month.. hibs interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If available and on budget I would rate Murray a top signing. Never gives up.

No idea where this Allan McGregor rumour started but there is no truth at all to it.

Which is hardly a shock... a year left at Hull, even if they get rid there are Championship teams (including Cardiff) who will sign him. That's a wage difference of circa ?20,000 a week.

Seems like Berra he wants to move home, hope so anyway.

Norwich have released John Ruddy, if Mcgregor is a non-starter could he be worth a punt?

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Seems like Berra he wants to move home, hope so anyway.

Norwich have released John Ruddy, if Mcgregor is a non-starter could he be worth a punt?

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

He'll be on 5 figures, is only 30, and will be looking to remain in England to try and get back in the national squad. West Ham have already been linked with him. 

The only way we're getting either of them is if McGregor's willing to accept a massive wage cut to move home.

Jamboscanbevicius

Allan McGregor is 35 ... very much in the twilight of his career!

He'll be on 5 figures, is only 30, and will be looking to remain in England to try and get back in the national squad. West Ham have already been linked with him. 

The only way we're getting either of them is if McGregor's willing to accept a massive wage cut to move home.

hmfc_liam06

He was referencing Ruddy was he not?

Bazzas right boot

He's too old for that franchise.

Jamboscanbevicius

Re-reading I think you're right. Fair point... it is doubtful Ruddy would want to come north with a good few years left to play (and earn) down south.

Yeah, sorry, meant Ruddy. I can see how we could get McGregor (I don't know anything, I can just see how it might happen, like Neil Alexander). We will not get Ruddy.

Tynecastlesmychurch

Guys I've heard that Lionel Messi is in some kind of demise? I mean he must still be able to do a job at our level?

Winston Ingram

Allan McGregor isn't number 1 at Hull.

He won't be again. He's on Premiership wages and Hull will be binning most of those on Premiership wages, despite parachute payments.

There are not many Premiership clubs willing to pay a 35 year old circa 20k a week, not to be first choice. There's even less in the Championship.

He either accepts a vast drop in his wages, or he warms the bench at Hull. Unless he's off to China to top up his millionaire lifestyle. Doubtful. No-one's said it's a cast-iron he'd sign for us.

There has however, been fairly firm rumours from various sources the length of the UK, that Scotland is a viable option.

That leaves...Celtic...No. Aberdeen...No. Hibs...No...Rangers...Maybe...Hearts...Maybe.

England is more likely, on reduced money, but if there's an option for millionaire pro's to return to their country, and play at a club that has some kind of link to them in the past, then to dismiss it out of hand until it's certain...is daft.

There's been plenty of examples of these scenarios.

You are guessing a lot there and a lot of it is wrong. 

RustyRightPeg

Guys I've heard that Lionel Messi is in some kind of demise? I mean he must still be able to do a job at our level?

:gok:

Bazzas right boot

Nah he's Donald ducked.

Probably end up at Raith or Falkirk, with Rooney joining him.

Archived