***Potential signings/Transfer rumours Thread***

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

They are both pretty decent and both saying the same thing. Both deals done. Time will tell how good their info is this time.

Has any of there info been good/acurate in the past??

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depends if he wants to play really though. Players have taken wage cuts before in favour of first team football. Wasn't he in the team that Cathro brought through & played under Levein?

No he played under Houston who spat the dummy.

Not everyone sees money as their prime objective.

The same could be said about Berra. He would probably earn more in England and if he does sign for us then he's clearly not money obsessed.

Scott Allan has showed it's about money for him. Berra is a one off fluke because he wants back at us for his kids sake.

When a contract is terminated by mutual consent there is invariably a pay-off to one of the parties. I'd imagine Allan would receive a pay-off if his big wage contract finishes early. Saves selling club money and enables player to move on without huge financial hit.

Or they could just loan him out again?

Scott Allan has showed it's about money for him. Berra is a one off fluke because he wants back at us for his kids sake.

Disagree, celtic offered more money to hibs than rangers. Don't think it was necessarily down to him.

Bluesy1874

Not that I think we should sign him but Barrie Mckay has been told he can find a new club.

Disagree, celtic offered more money to hibs than rangers. Don't think it was necessarily down to him.

I was talking more about why he was leaving Dundee Utd.

I was talking more about why he was leaving Dundee Utd.

Ah, my bad. Same scenario though no? Went to Birmingham as they had highest offer?

The same could be said about Berra. He would probably earn more in England and if he does sign for us then he's clearly not money obsessed.

I'm sure I've seen possibly on here berra wants to be closer to his daughter so a decent wage but closer to her would probably trump what 20 a week

Moreover I'd question how effective he is. Compare his stats at Hibs with Paterson. He was less influential as an attacking midfielder than a right back ffs. Thats shocking.

2 goals and 15 assists in 30 games?

rick witter

Not everyone no but Scott Allen certainly does. He went to England having made only a few first team appearances when at Dundee Utd for more money and then left hibs for Celtic when he had no chance of playing in that team for more money. He could have played the rest of the season at hibs and then went to Rangers but wouldn't have got as much cash.

rick witter

He didn't have to leave though??? He could have seen out his contract then left hibs.

Ah, my bad. Same scenario though no? Went to Birmingham as they had highest offer?

He left Dundee Utd who brought him through for a nominal fee for the money. He wanted to go to Rangers in the same league as Hibs, for the money and then changed his mind and went to Celtic for, you guessed it...

chester copperpot

Allan McGregor wouldn't dismiss talking with us however up to this point, no contact from our end has been made.

Bowmans_Boot

Allan McGregor wouldn't dismiss talking with us however up to this point, no contact from our end has been made.

Thanks for that, I would love to see him at Tynecastle. I would have thought his wages would have been an issue, no?

Pasquale for King

Gordon was signed from Sunderland.

Brown I'll give you but he cost about ?4million

Armstrong and GMS cost Celtic ?2million plus addons.

Griffiths cost ?1million quid and even then it was from Wolves

Tierney came through the youth system at Celtic.

Forest came through the youth system at Celtic.

Kind of makes your "most of whom have come from other Scottish prem teams" look less than accurate.

Of the ones that did come from Scottish prem teams we could not afford the fees involved nor the salaries.

I kind of get your point though,

Also Boyata, Schievchenko, Simunovic,Toure,Izaguirre, Sinclair,Dembele,Lustig,Bitton,Roberts,Rogic not Scots or from other teams up here.

Aberdeengo for a certain kind of player, we need some hard working players but there's a balance to be had.

Not everyone no but Scott Allen certainly does. He went to England having made only a few first team appearances when at Dundee Utd for more money and then left hibs for Celtic when he had no chance of playing in that team for more money. He could have played the rest of the season at hibs and then went to Rangers but wouldn't have got as much cash.

Did he tell you that or is that just your reading of the situation?

Not that I think we should sign him but Barrie Mckay has been told he can find a new club.

You mean billy surely.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

did allan come through the united youth system when cathro was in charge?

I'm sure he did, yes.

the big show

id not b surprised if the move happened then. 

Not saying it ain't going to happen but Scott Allan was with UTD 'S  youth system long before Cathro was there he may have had him for maybe a bout a year before he wen't into the 1st team but it would have not have been much more than that .very Decent player if you can get him playing what he is capable of and was Championship player of the year when we were in it . 

Bluesy1874

You mean billy surely.

Nope according to my Rangers supporting mate he hasn't impressed the new manager.

Not saying it ain't going to happen but Scott Allan was with UTD 'S  youth system long before Cathro was there he may have had him for maybe a bout a year before he wen't into the 1st team but it would have not have been much more than that .very Decent player if you can get him playing what he is capable of and was Championship player of the year when we were in it .

Made his breakthrough into first team squad during Cathro's spell as youth team coach/academy director or whatever his job title was. There's definitely a connection

the big show

Made his breakthrough into first team squad during Cathro's spell as youth team coach/academy director or whatever his job title was. There's definitely a connection

YES .. I know he made his break through when Cathro was there but what i'm saying is i don't think he had that long under him and Allan had been there for years since a kid i believe and i'm sure he was out on loan to somebody before he come back and made his breakthrough .. i agree deffo a connection and hope it happens as he can be very decent if they can get him right ...

Nope according to my Rangers supporting mate he hasn't impressed the new manager.

Wasnt it Mckay who was touted as being worth millions not that long ago by some pundit or manager

YES .. I know he made his break through when Cathro was there but what i'm saying is i don't think he had that long under him and Allan had been there for years since a kid i believe and i'm sure he was out on loan to somebody before he come back and made his breakthrough .. i agree deffo a connection and hope it happens as he can be very decent if they can get him right ...

Cathro ran box soccer for Utds youth teams and other youth teams before they hired him

Walker - has one year left to run on his contract - but Ian Cathro could face a battle to hang on to the 23-year-old following a solid season in maroon.

It?s disappointing but that is part of football.

You?re always going to lose your best players if you?re a club like Hearts.

I?ve still got a year left on my own contract, so I don?t know if anything will happen in the summer or if any offers will come in.

But, as it stands, I am still here.

I am looking forward to getting a holiday and then to next season.

Walker - has one year left to run on his contract - but Ian Cathro could face a battle to hang on to the 23-year-old following a solid season in maroon.

I?ve still got a year left on my own contract, so I don?t know if anything will happen in the summer or if any offers will come in.

Doesn't exactly sound like he wants to be here. Hopefully when he sees some better players come in and the charlatans emptied, he is a bit happier.

Rangers I heard but my source could be a bit iffy.

Doesn't exactly sound like he wants to be here. Hopefully when he sees some better players come in and the charlatans emptied, he is a bit happier.

Empty him on that basis

chester copperpot

Thanks for that, I would love to see him at Tynecastle. I would have thought his wages would have been an issue, no?

I don't think money is his motivating factor for returning home.

As I said earlier in the thread he isn't that bothered about money however is keeping his options open about what he does.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him kicking about the championship in England for another couple of years though.

His dad's a massive Jambo but an even bigger supporter of his laddie.

Bowmans_Boot

I don't think money is his motivating factor for returning home.

As I said earlier in the thread he isn't that bothered about money however is keeping his options open about what he does.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him kicking about the championship in England for another couple of years though.

His dad's a massive Jambo but an even bigger supporter of his laddie.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated ?

Bowmans_Boot

Empty him on that basis

Yeah, emptying Jamie Walker is definitely the way forward....

Yeah, emptying Jamie Walker is definitely the way forward....

Even if he wants to leave?.. chain him to the bench, hes going nowhere. :lol:

Walker is a Hearts man and we don't have many unfortunately. Would like to see us build a team around him/Souttar/Goncalves. We definitely need a keeper though.........And a manager.!!

Dallas Green

What about Templeton for a potential signing? Heard from a mate who was at the Hamilton game that he played pretty damn good for being out so long. We don't really have any wingers next season. I know he's 28 but a year contract might be worth a punt.

EDIT: Just saw he's got another year at Hamilton.

Brighton Jambo

Posted on another thread but it Seems to me when we pay a sum of money (albeit small figures) for players that know the league it works, i.e. Isma, Souttar it works out okay. For me that needs to be the model with a couple of frees to supplement this. I know we don't have much money but Patersons compensation would pay for a couple of players.

Clerry Jambo

Heard today that we've spoken to Allan McGregor.

To be fair Phil, Hearts will have to be speaking to lots of players!!

McGregor could be an excellent signing. Old as **** mind you, but could be good competition for Hamilton. Might actually improve him too.

35's old as **** is it?

I'll avoid my 37th tomorrow then. :lol:

For a goalie, it's nothing.

Haha! In footballing terms of course :) Tbf Alexander was solid and he was what, 37 or something when we signed him?

Oops :D 

McGregor could be an excellent signing. Old as **** mind you, but could be good competition for Hamilton. Might actually improve him too.

Competition for Hamilton, Alan McGregor :lol: hahahahaha

siegementality

Now let's think. Hamilton or McGregor ?

Hmm. Toss of a coin......

:tlj:

Just dont ask Hamilton to catch it!

Competition for Hamilton, Alan McGregor :lol: hahahahaha

Now let's think. Hamilton or McGregor ?

Hmm. Toss of a coin......

:tlj:

b1d4f3c94350a4dec1963659766deeb1_gallery

rudi must stay

What about Templeton for a potential signing? Heard from a mate who was at the Hamilton game that he played pretty damn good for being out so long. We don't really have any wingers next season. I know he's 28 but a year contract might be worth a punt.

EDIT: Just saw he's got another year at Hamilton.

Predictable anyway. Not good enough for Hearts

Archived