Berra

Zibi

Bungalow Bill

You just can't polish a shite, no matter how hard some of Jack's fanboys try. Not good enough and never will be.

Spot on.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
maroonnicky63

I wonder if Berra will get booed when he comes back by some of our wonderful fans for having the cheek and the nerve to try himself at a higher level.

I wonder if Berra will get booed when he comes back by some of our wonderful fans for having the cheek and the nerve to try himself at a higher level.

Take a day off mate ffs.

He proved himself worthy of a move at the time and everyone knew it was his time to go. We got good cash too.

We_are_the_Hearts

:cornette:

Nookie Bear

Berra has already stated he wants to move back to Edinburgh to be with his Daughter, which is the reason he wants to leave Ipswich. Pretty sure money isn't his main motivation at this point.

Plus, it's not as if he will on the breadline with us. No idea what the salary levels are but he will be on more than enough to get by.

This could be copy and pasted from 2008-9 about Jamie McDonald when it was him kello and balogh. A few years later he was a 5-1 legend, and made some of the great saves of all time. The difference being Jamie played behind berra, zaliukas, karipidis, webster when he was 23-24. Jack has had to play behind Nowak, Avlonitis, and prince ******* buaben. I agree we should sign a competitor keeper if a good one is available,, but 3 more defenders, 1 CM, 2 wingers and a striker is above keeper in the signings/replacements priority order. With Berra we are off to a good start!

Don't talk shite.

Out of interest where on earth did the Rangers interest come from! There's almost zero chance this Pedro knows who CB is and he was linked with them in December before that clown even came to town, Paper nonsense again (that part anyway)

I'm sure McCarthys words about him wanting to be back in Edinburgh is all the evidence we need that Christophe Berra WANTS to play for Hearts

When was the last time we said they words about a player?

Geoff Kilpatrick

If true, good business. He's not brilliant but light years better than what we have.

Geoff Kilpatrick

:rofl:

18Jambo_dave74

Delighted with this news (assuming it happens).

I admit I haven't seen much of Berra over the last couple of years but he was always a player I liked. Not the greatest with the ball at his feet but a proper defender which is exactly what we need.

Looking at his stats, in his last 4 seasons with Ipswich he has played over 40 games each year and the previous 4 seasons with Wolves he player over 30 games each year (majority of those being in the English Premier League). That would tell me that we are signing a guy who keeps himself in good shape, doesn't pick up many injuries and plays at a consistently good level.

?Since leaving us Berra hasn't had a great career in terms of medals and trophies etc. but we can't have produced many players over recent years that have went on to play as many games at a consistently good level as he has. To have played nearly 500 club games and have 35 international caps at the age of 32 is a great achievement.

I think Berra and Souttar could form a very good centre back partnership.

utter rubbish he is still developing, I still think the big mistake was letting Alexander go as it is obvious that Cathro does not rate Noring, calling the lad shite is typical support from the booers like you , grow up man and support your team instead of picking on players

I don't boo my own players or management. I give my honest opinion on here. Unlike you I recognise that there are some faults that need addressed and everything in the garden isn't Rosey.

You need to change the record and stop accusing everyone of being a booboy/Hibs fan for daring to criticise.

PS. Anyone who believes Jack has potential after watching him this long needs to reassess their hobbies.

A_A wehatethehibs

Don't talk shite.

It's not shite to say jacks whole career can't be written off based on his first season where he has had to play behind 6 center halves, many of whom have been bombscares

Boabie Seethe

The 2 things I have heard. Berra would be back by Friday and we are looking at wee Scotty Allan probably instead of the Greek millionaire laddie

Boabie Seethe

I don't boo my own players or management. I give my honest opinion on here. Unlike you I recognise that there are some faults that need addressed and everything in the garden isn't Rosey.

You need to change the record and stop accusing everyone of being a booboy/Hibs fan for daring to criticise.

PS. Anyone who believes Jack has potential after watching him this long needs to reassess their hobbies.

Yon laddie has potential and ability, but he makes too many mistakes. Players can be talented and flawed in the same go. The players who succeed eliminate the mistakes. Jack Hamilton has got to do this quickly

rudi must stay

The 2 things I have heard. Berra would be back by Friday and we are looking at wee Scotty Allan probably instead of the Greek millionaire laddie

Scott Allan would be a good signing

decent source? 

Morgaro Gomis

Scott Allan would be a good signing

Honestly can't see how that is the case. Severely overhyped at Hibs, can only last 60 minutes and has barely kicked a ball in his career.

Would be a massive gamble, I think.

Honestly can't see how that is the case. Severely overhyped at Hibs, can only last 60 minutes and has barely kicked a ball in his career.

comes up every transfer window lol

surely we have to be linked with him at some stage haha

rudi must stay

You'd need a tenacious ball winner next to him. But his passing range is excellent and he is an exciting player. Would be a wonderful signing, he wasn't even poor at Celtic, they just bought him to hurt a rival and had no intention of making him a key player

Morgaro Gomis

comes up every transfer window lol

surely we have to be linked with him at some stage haha

You're right. It wouldn't be a transfer window if we weren't linked to Scott Allan at some point.

Morgaro Gomis

You'd need a tenacious ball winner next to him. But his passing range is excellent and he is an exciting player. Would be a wonderful signing, he wasn't even poor at Celtic, they just bought him to hurt a rival and had no intention of making him a key player

You may be right. What I know of him though, is that he flirts in and out of games without every fully dominating. He has also played less than 100 league games by the age of 25 and couldn't get a game in an absolutely brutal Rotherham team.

Yon laddie has potential and ability, but he makes too many mistakes. Players can be talented and flawed in the same go. The players who succeed eliminate the mistakes. Jack Hamilton has got to do this quickly

I'd love to have seen Jack correct his mistakes and show signs of improvement. He's not unfortunately. He makes the same blunders game after game. He's gone backwards if anything.

I've lost count of the amount of shots he's palmed out to the oncoming forward. If you can't hold it, get it to safety. Just one of countless mistakes Jack continually makes.

Sorry but I've seen more than enough.

You're right. It wouldn't be a transfer window if we weren't linked to Scott Allan at some point.

true! its not that far fetched now though,

links with levein and maybe even cathro from his time at Dundee utd 

maroonnicky63

your honest opinion that he is shite, why don't you come on here and be more respectful and just say you don't rate him , I have already said on here that there are players in the team that I don't think are good enough but I see no reason to kick anyone when they down and call them shite, now why don't you change the record and learn some manners

Boabie Seethe

decent source?

If the first bit is right, the second must carry some weight. It was more of a case of enquiry

If the first bit is right, the second must carry some weight. It was more of a case of enquiry

i can see berra signing by friday.. not sure it will be announce till after the last game of the season though. 

to be honest i would take scott allan

Elias Henry Furst

i can see berra signing by friday.. not sure it will be announce till after the last game of the season though.

to be honest i would take scott allan

You may be right but a signing or 2 announced before season tickets go on sale wouldn't surprise me, tbh.

bauld willie

Berra, Hughes and the returning Soutter with Nowak as back up actually gives us some very decent options at Centre Back. A couple of quality additions either side of them and we're laughing

Nowak is simply dreadful and the jury is still out on Souttar. He was awful before injury and had been for ages. He's just not commanding.

Rather than waste ?1000s on left backs, it wouldn't have taken that much more to keep Rossi here.

Berra, Hughes and a Rossi equivalent, I can live with. Souttar also in the mix but not a guaranteed place.

rudi must stay

You may be right. What I know of him though, is that he flirts in and out of games without every fully dominating. He has also played less than 100 league games by the age of 25 and couldn't get a game in an absolutely brutal Rotherham team.

He certainly dominated for Hibs, and I thought looked an even better passer of the ball at Celtic. It's a rubbish loan move in all honesty Rotherham, after being treated badly by Celtic as every player bought from a 'lower Scottish team' is with a few exceptions, he probably has lost abit of confidence.

You may be right but a signing or 2 announced before season tickets go on sale wouldn't surprise me, tbh.

i agree mate, 

might make a few minds up on whether to get one of not

Son Of Anarchy

Is Goodwillie driving him here?

Captain America

Berra being announced before ST go on sale would make sense. 

Scott Allan coming would be a good signing. He has something to prove, 2 seasons in the wilderness could be real motivation. 

bauld willie

You are bang on the money regarding here.

On the booing subject, I have regularly booed management this season. It's the only way to let our club hierarchy know what is needing served up is not acceptable.

I don't normally boo players as they they tend to get taken off when they are honking, however until someone at our club gets the message on Hamilton, I will continue to boo him.

Is time to cut and run with Hamilton, we are never going to make any money from him and that is the only reason we have persevered for so long.

your honest opinion that he is shite, why don't you come on here and be more respectful and just say you don't rate him , I have already said on here that there are players in the team that I don't think are good enough but I see no reason to kick anyone when they down and call them shite, now why don't you change the record and learn some manners

But that's my opinion, and most others who've had the misfortune of watching Jack. He's shite!

Not sure why you're so worried. Thankfully most men have thicker skin than you and can take criticism. It's not like Jack will be dribbling tears and snotters on his laptop.

As for learning manners, how does go **** yourself sound?

:)

Brick Tamland

Is Goodwillie driving him here?

Yep with Hleb and Gudjohnsen in the other seats.

jambo in iraq

You are bang on the money regarding here.

On the booing subject, I have regularly booed management this season. It's the only way to let our club hierarchy know what is needing served up is not acceptable.

I don't normally boo players as they they tend to get taken off when they are honking, however until someone at our club gets the message on Hamilton, I will continue to boo him.

Is time to cut and run with Hamilton, we are never going to make any money from him and that is the only reason we have persevered for so long.

you sir are a first class clown then. He might be the worst keeper ever, but you think booing a young guy in goals for us will help the team in any way. This is the kind of scum attitude that will NEVER help the team. Boo the team collectively if they are crap, I agree. But to boo individuals is not on. Have a word with yourself!

Morgaro Gomis

Can we try and avoid the Hamilton bashing on this thread - there is a thread for that already. When I come on this I'm hoping to see updates regarding Berra, not the same argument about Hamilton that is happening elsewhere.

Scott Allan coming would be a good signing. He has something to prove, 2 seasons in the wilderness could be real motivation.

Scott Allan had 4 seasons in the wilderness before Hibs and has since only looked half decent in the championship. For all this magical ability Hibs claimed he had he only scored 3 goals and as soon as McGinn walked into the club they forgot about Allan immediately and most wouldn't have him back.

He couldn't get near the Celtic team and moved south again. Couldn't break into a doomed Rotherham team that has been awful all season.

Scott Allan at Hearts?

Leonardo-DiCaprio-Absolutely-fucking-not

Dusk_Till_Dawn

8 goals in 15 games! To be fair it's just above average but the best forward we've had in a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm telling you, his finishing is bang average. Respect his work rate though

I agree Berra signing before ST would be a smart move by the club. Right now all the losses are building negativity, knowing there is some light at the end of the tunnel could be a real boast for everyone.

1 player I would never want to see at our club. Itchy feet allan would be chomping at the bit for a move after 6 months to a year. Hibs did him a solid and got him fit and playing games yet he learned nothing and his 'I deserve to play for a big club' mentality took over. Paterson also had more assists and goals and he's a bloody right back.

Boy is a waster and not worth our time.

Crazy that such an average finisher can have such a good return on goals. I do agree he isn't an out and out striker, maybe a LW in a 433? If we could get Boyce or Moult in that could make things interesting.

bauld willie

Berra world be a coup, no doubt about it and he would work wonders in the defence and in the dressing room.

By all accounts it would appear that he is wanting to join us and all we are doing is funding it.

It is almost a gift for current management and DOF.

Boabie Seethe

Dont shoot the message boy laddies. I understand the doubt but the first part of the message would appear to be very well informed

I'm telling you his strike rate, in a poor team lacking in confidence, is excellent!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

billythejambo

I'd love to have seen Jack correct his mistakes and show signs of improvement. He's not unfortunately. He makes the same blunders game after game. He's gone backwards if anything.

I've lost count of the amount of shots he's palmed out to the oncoming forward. If you can't hold it, get it to safety. Just one of countless mistakes Jack continually makes.

Sorry but I've seen more than enough.

Jamie McDonald was the same couldn't catch or hold a ball .

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Seymour M Hersh

Great signing if true. Ash Taylor now for me.

**** right off. He's a complete ****ing carthorse. Tidy wife according to McInnes though!! 

We're after Marc McNulty from Sheffield Utd, according to Barry. Just been released. Edinburgh born.

Hibs want him too.

kingantti1874

**** right off. He's a complete ******* carthorse. Tidy wife according to McInnes though!!

Your being generous.. Aberdeens worst player.

Archived