Berra

Zibi

Livvyjambo

Decent signing, I suspect Ipswich will announce Calum Paterson in the next week or so.

Why would that be ?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mr Sifter

Shree year deal, like I said earlier today...

:look:

I ****ing KNEW you were ITK ya wee rascal :-)

Walter Bishop

Why would that be ?

It was a deal that was agreed in January before Calum's injury. We waive the development fee they don't hold Berra to his contract or something along those lines.

Morgaro Gomis

As he's a free agent... Could he feature this season? What's the rule on that again?

Don't think he is a free agent yet. I could be wrong but his contract will likely run until the end of May at the earliest. Additionally, the English Championship isn't finished yet, so technically his season isn't over (despite Ipswich not being involved in the playoffs).

As he's a free agent... Could he feature this season? What's the rule on that again?

He's not, he's contracted to Ipswich until the end of the season and even if not he couldn't play.

Fantastic news though, more of the same please.  Berra and Soapy will be a good pairing. 

Morgaro Gomis

It was a deal that was agreed in January before Calum's injury. We waive the development fee they don't hold Berra to his contract or something along those lines.

I'm not disputing what you're saying - but I'd heard elsewhere that he was close to signing for Cardiff. Think I saw that on here too today, which reinforces what I was told. Was second hand information, so it could be nonsense right enough.

Moist.

If there was a blueprint for what our team is missing right now it would be Berra.

Mr Sifter

Eh? Since when? So if we didn't have Paterson as a bargaining tool, McCarthy and Ipswich wouldn't have let Berra back up the road unless someone paid for him? Kind of goes against everything McCarthy was sayin then...

Nah, if that was the case they would have taken the option then made the deal.

Big thanks to Mick McCarthy and the Tractor boys too - they could have been dicks and taken up the option, many have - but they done the decent thing and let Simba head up the road. 

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

Excellent signing. Cathro and co. will do well to top this one.

I'm not disputing what you're saying - but I'd heard elsewhere that he was close to signing for Cardiff. Think I saw that on here too today, which reinforces what I was told. Was second hand information, so it could be nonsense right enough.

He's very close to signing for SW. 

WheatfieldWarrior

Need to be a free agent when the window closes, not released since I think.

Elias Henry Furst

Eh? Since when? So if we didn't have Paterson as a bargaining tool, McCarthy and Ipswich wouldn't have let Berra back up the road unless someone paid for him? Kind of goes against everything McCarthy was sayin then...

He's talking nonsense. And not for the first time.

Moist.

If there was a blueprint for what our team is missing right now it would be Berra.

:spoton:

Paterson will be playing in blue next season.

Make of that, what you will.

Predictable.

Mr Sifter

He's talking nonsense. And not for the first time.

Who, Walter? Or McCarthy?

Walter Bishop

Just something I heard. That's all. Not saying it will happen, infact im sure it was reported in the press aswell if I remember correctly?

Mr Sifter

Just something I heard. That's all. Not saying it will happen.

Fair dos Walter. Have to say, sounds BS to me bud.

Bungalow Bill

Scotland?

Morgaro Gomis

He's very close to signing for SW. 

Fair enough mate, as I said I don't know for sure. So you may be right. What I was told was that he had been given a "Player Liaison Cardiff City Business Card" which doesn't necessarily mean he is signing, I suppose.

Pans Jambo

Hope this is true. Wouldnt be like that lot offering silly money to turn his head.

Scarf above head etc.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

So Ipswich, Cardiff or Sheffield Wednesday then? :lol:

Gorgie_Rules

Not believing the Sun, they will happy post any headline on social media if it means hits on their website, no shame and do not care about their reputation if being found out for posting nonsense.

I'd be amazed if we make the finances work, perhaps part of the development fee for Paterson is in a round about way making it into Berra's pocket. Unless he is desperate to return to Edinburgh/Hearts.

Delighted if this True! Give him the armband!

Absolutely.

hughesie27

Going to reserve my delight until I see him.play and what the rest of the team looks like.

1971fozzy

Thank fek . Exactly what we need. Someone who knows what's expected to play for us and more importantly wants to. A rare bit of excellent news

Morgaro Gomis

Not believing the Sun, they will happy post any headline on social media if it means hits on their website, no shame and do not care about their reputation if being found out for posting nonsense.

I'd be amazed if we make the finances work, perhaps part of the development fee for Paterson is in a round about way making it into Berra's pocket. Unless he is desperate to return to Edinburgh/Hearts.

Berra has already stated he wants to move back to Edinburgh to be with his Daughter, which is the reason he wants to leave Ipswich. Pretty sure money isn't his main motivation at this point.

Michael Stewart has said a good few times that Berra was great in the dressing room under Csaba and the team fell to shit when he left.  If he can bring that presence again it will be perfect.  

He was on a flight down to Cardiff the week leading up to the Joshua v klitchko fight. so he's definitely been down there.

1971fozzy

Going to reserve my delight until I see him.play and what the rest of the team looks like.

Cannae be any worse than Nowak or Prince (at CB)

Berra has already stated he wants to move back to Edinburgh to be with his Daughter, which is the reason he wants to leave Ipswich. Pretty sure money isn't his main motivation at this point.

He's got an apartment in Vegas which he rents out most of the year so money is nowhere  near the motivation. 

JAMMY1980

Great signing, well done Craig Levein

How dare you praise Craig Levein!...lol

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

**** it.

Jambo1961...

Never signing, nut?

:biggrin:

Thought Police

Great signing, well done Craig Levein

This. Gets slaughtered when things don't come off, should be praised otherwise.

Great start. Hopefully announce one or two more and get the ST sales boosted and get ourselves back on track for next year.

Good in the air and dominant in both boxes

Knows the club and leads by example

Still in the prime of his career

What's not to like?

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

He was on a flight down to Cardiff the week leading up to the Joshua v klitchko fight. so he's definitely been down there.

He was also down there the week before that as well. Met Warnock then.

jambogemz

Hopefully this is true. With our first 4 or 5 games being away from home we are going to need good experienced players who know what it's all about and can settle quickly.

Dread to think how the mood will be if we get off to a poor start.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

He was quite angry about all that at the time, wasn't he?

He was mate. That's why I remembered. Apparently there was no way he would come to Hearts at this stage of his career even when it was pointed out he wanted to come home for his daughter... :ermm:

Archived