Berra

Zibi

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great signing, well done Craig Levein

If Berra signs this will be a big thumbs up to Levein from me

He was also down there the week before that as well. Met Warnock then.

He's going to be in Sheffield a week tomorrow. 

If Berra signs this will be a big thumbs up to Levein from me

I've not got as big a gripe at Levein than many, or even the ones who slated him for "deserting" the club for Leicester all they years ago but back tracked come Budgement time but Berra signing will have very little to do with anyone apart from Berra and a blind man would make it happen. 

Great start. Hopefully announce one or two more and get the ST sales boosted and get ourselves back on track for next year.

Couldn't agree more, mate.

Delighted with this signing, if, indeed The Sun isn't talking baws.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

WheatfieldWarrior

Paterson will be playing in blue next season.

Make of that, what you will.

Inter Milan style away kit to be announced shortly ??

Seymour M Hersh

Is there any concrete evidence that this is true or are we relying on that lying piece of trash that it is?

Is there any concrete evidence that this is true or are we relying on that lying piece of trash that it is?

Can't see anything concrete so far but fingers crossed.

Seymour M Hersh

Can't see anything concrete so far but fingers crossed.

I'll be delighted if true but anything coming out of that rag makes me instantly sceptical.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

If this happens I'll be very pleased.

First decent signing since Sow.

Four faces

If this happens I'll be very pleased.

First decent signing since Sow.

Soutar,Goncalves?.

If he signs: great news. Just another 10 to go!

Clark Griswold

We may actually be able to defend crosses into the box

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure that the Sun have generally been spot on with Hearts transfer news over the past year or so, so, I'd be inclined to believe this.

As much as the Suns a rag, they get more of there football transfer stories correct, than other rags.

Delighted with Berra if true

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Soutar,Goncalves?.

Soutar - a long way from being proven.

Goncalves - very average finisher.

I hope this is true, we have had other good signings but this is by far the most important if true. In terms of signing the right player with the right pedigree, attitude and ability along with a love for our club. He is a leader and needs to be given the armband straight away. Our team lacks fight, this is the 1st step to bringing that back. What's Ian black up to?

Was it Keith Jackson and the Daily Record that thought he was French when having a dog at is for the number of foreigners we had?

Selkirk_Jambo

Berra, Hughes and the returning Soutter with Nowak as back up actually gives us some very decent options at Centre Back. A couple of quality additions either side of them and we're laughing

the big show

Soutar looked quality when he 1st came in although his last few games before he got injured he was playing terrible ... Goncalves will be a better player playing with someone closer to him , our set up of late is not playing to his strengths and far to often he is isolated and far to big a gap from our midfield , The guy will put a shift in but he needs support closer to him to see the best of him .

Have to agree and that disappoints me.

Not the part agreeing with you :) just how he's turned out so far.

I think the guy has fight, can take a ball in and turn his man and he was one of few when our problems kicked in around the Derby who still showed the right application.

However, technically he is short on the finishing front. I also think he plays with his head down too much and often runs into no mans land after doing the hard part.

That doesn't mean he hasn't got something to offer. I definitely think he has more in the tank, the ability to improve , certainly if we get more players in with the right attitude and ability around him.

Was it Keith Jackson and the Daily Record that thought he was French when having a dog at is for the number of foreigners we had?

"Yez...Keith Jickson did indeed, av a dog at us. Feck him though, he's a prock"

6c724e56aaac5b98e3e86994a7c4ea5f.jpg

(A wee joke for the young uns out there[emoji6])

The Treasurer

All this talk of Berra teaming up with Souttar but is there any news as to when he (Souttar) will be fit ?

Special Agent Dale Cooper

giphy.gif

Well casual racism against our European neighbors is coming back into fashion. 

Elias Henry Furst

:facepalm:

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Things, cam only get Berra, With Kitchen and Djoum.

OK maybe not kitchen.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

:rofl:

Please let this post be serious.

Billy Walsh

Massive signing. Happy with this, and hopefully more of this ilk to come this summer.

That comment is worse than my typo.

Cannae be any worse than Nowak or Prince (at CB)

I'm going to stick my neck out here and say that Nowak and Prince were two of our better performers on Sunday. It was our wing-backs and midfield that never really got going (and Smith made an improvement).

Delighted to see Berra return if true, of course.

Colonel Kurtz

Cathro made the point at his presentation that the deep midfield player is critical to the system working. Tzoilis

A_A wehatethehibs

I am now slightly less pessimistic for next season. That is as big a signing as there has been at Hearts in the last decade.

Let's see who else we sign.

We may actually be able to defend crosses into the box

I'd reserve statements like that for when we get a new keeper.

Diadora Van Basten

I'd reserve statements like that for when we get a new keeper.

Maybe Hamilton will benefit from playing behind Berra.

I am sure it was easier for Craig Gordon coming through with Presley in front of him.

:rofl: Very gweed

I am sure it was easier for Craig Gordon coming through with Presley in front of him.

Absolutely no chance. There's just nothing there!

It's no coincidence our defenders have looked all at sea since he was made number one. It hasn't mattered who's played there. The best defences? rely on a vocal, confident keeper, organising everything in front of them, not on a centre half organising the goalkeeper.

You just can't polish a shite, no matter how hard some of Jack's fanboys try. Not good enough and never will be.

What about the fallen Madonna with the big boobies?

Allo allo - a hotbed of racism and sexism.

I'm glad Mel Brooks was born when he was. He'd never have got anywhere these days....

Maybe I should of added :shark: for sarcasm 

Mr sifter. Gracemounts alf garnett

Indeed. Quite the compliment from the Gracemount scouser[emoji16]

b1494c681ecd6c3005c7d5a5ded4679a.jpg

[emoji38][emoji38]

Cathro made the point at his presentation that the deep midfield player is critical to the system working. Tzoilis

could this player be souttar when he returns from injury and the greek millionaire ****s off?

played there before and always found souttar to be comfy with the ball at his feet. decent at driving forward and can pick out a pass when he thinks about it and doesnt rush. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

:cornette:

A_A wehatethehibs

It's no coincidence our defenders have looked all at sea since he was made number one. It hasn't mattered who's played there. The best defences? rely on a vocal, confident keeper, organising everything in front of them, not on a centre half organising the goalkeeper.

You just can't polish a shite, no matter how hard some of Jack's fanboys try. Not good enough and never will be.

This could be copy and pasted from 2008-9 about Jamie McDonald when it was him kello and balogh. A few years later he was a 5-1 legend, and made some of the great saves of all time. The difference being Jamie played behind berra, zaliukas, karipidis, webster when he was 23-24. Jack has had to play behind Nowak, Avlonitis, and prince ****ing buaben. I agree we should sign a competitor keeper if a good one is available,, but 3 more defenders, 1 CM, 2 wingers and a striker is above keeper in the signings/replacements priority order. With Berra we are off to a good start!

I'm not saying Hamilton is brilliant, but I sit in the Gorgie stand and he is vocal in organising the defence, so disagree with that part.

8 goals in 15 games! To be fair it's just above average but the best forward we've had in a long time.

maroonnicky63

utter rubbish he is still developing, I still think the big mistake was letting Alexander go as it is obvious that Cathro does not rate Noring, calling the lad shite is typical support from the booers like you , grow up man and support your team instead of picking on players

Archived