Berra

Zibi

Morgaro Gomis

Ash Taylor is absolutely humpty :lol:

Probably would improve us, but that says more about our defence that his ability. We can and should be doing much better than him.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Malcolm Tucker

Aberdeen fans at my work can't wait to get rid of Ash Taylor fwiw.

Same from the fans at my work. Because he's shite.

Ash Taylor is nowhere near as good as the above. Also worse than Ozturk, Augustyn, Rossi, probably Wilson as well. Considine is a better CB than him too.

I disgree with you on Ozturk, Wilson and Augustyn but agree on Rossi and Considine. Having said that by the time Rossi left it looked like he was regressing.

Ash Taylor has been a mainstay in a side who have been the 2nd best in Scotland for 3 seasons. Everyone time we play them he dominates whoever we have upfront with the exception of Juanma on one occassion. Up at Pittodrie earlier this year I thought he was MOTM. Anybody from the current Aberdeen starting 11 would improve us tbh.

Mars plastic

Taylor would have the pitchfork brigade out in weeks. Dire footballer. Hope we're looking at better than that.

A dire footballer who has played 4 times in a defence against us this season and conceded one goal. Just exactly who should we be looking for who is 'better than that'?

Mars plastic

I disgree with you on Ozturk, Wilson and Augustyn but agree on Rossi and Considine. Having said that by the time Rossi left it looked like he was regressing.

Ash Taylor has been a mainstay in a side who have been the 2nd best in Scotland for 3 seasons. Everyone time we play them he dominates whoever we have upfront with the exception of Juanma on one occassion. Up at Pittodrie earlier this year I thought he was MOTM. Anybody from the current Aberdeen starting 11 would improve us tbh.

We should be looking at the likes of Smalling, Cahill or Kompany, mate. They're the sort of players that would improve us.

Mars plastic

Probably would improve us, but that says more about our defence that his ability. We can and should be doing much better than him.

Give us some names then seeing as you're such an authority on CH's.

A dire footballer who has played 4 times in a defence against us this season and conceded one goal. Just exactly who should we be looking for who is 'better than that'?

I think I'd take a fully fit Meekings over him.

Souttar, Hughes, Berra, Meekings as our centre halfs for next season would be excellent. If we are playing 3 at the back we'll need at least 4 quality players for that position.

Malcolm Tucker

Don't get me wrong, he's a monster in the air. But so was Augustyn. If you play on the deck or put any pressure on Taylor when he's in possession he kacks himself and turns into a complete horse. I haven't encountered any Aberdeen fan who wants him to stay, and a lot of them are very jealous that we have Souttar and (potentially) Berra.

IMO, he'd be fourth in line behind Berra, Hughes and Souttar. If Aberdeen can do better than Ash Taylor, so can we.

Malcolm Tucker

I think I'd take a fully fit Meekings over him.

Souttar, Hughes, Berra, Meekings as our centre halfs for next season would be excellent. If we are playing 3 at the back we'll need at least 4 quality players for that position.

Meekings, Devlin and Lindsay. All far better players than Taylor. Would be happy with any of them.

Morgaro Gomis

Give us some names then seeing as you're such an authority on CH's.

:lol: pathetic attempt.

I never once said that I'm "an authority on CH's". You don't have to be to see that Taylor is shite. He is regularly bailed out by having an excellent goalkeeper behind him. He gets rushes of blood to the head when put under pressure.

He would improve us. That doesn't mean he is good and I'd be hopeful that we would be looking to bring in better than him. Who that is? I don't know. Not my job to know, luckily we employ people in that regard.

I know enough Aberdeen fans who watch him week in week out to know that he isn't very good though and they consider him a weak link. Add to that my eyes when watching him in games against us and when I see him on the TV.

Been keeping clean sheets against our world class strikeforce, has he?

I'd be looking for someone who can pass a ball and doesn't look like they're running through treacle for starters. Honestly, he's shite. I see that he's a big lump and he'll win loads in the air, but we can't just pick up anyone who looks decent against us once or twice.

Augustyn is actually a good comparison, but I would rather have Augustyn (if I had to choose). If we don't get Berra, I hope we'll look beyond Scotland. I don't think there's any free agents/cheap options good enough to improve us here. 

Same from the fans at my work. Because he's shite.

Aberdeen have offered him a new contract. That doesn't suggest they think he is shite.

From what I have seen from Taylor he is better than Hughes and Souttar. McIness rates him which is good enough for me.

I work regularly up in Aberdeen, the guys I talk too hope he leaves in the summer, they are season ticket holders who see him all the time.

I would take ash taylor would improve our backline. End of story

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Berra and McNulty very close to finalising.

Don't ask source please. :). All involved are Hearts related though.

I work regularly up in Aberdeen, the guys I talk too hope he leaves in the summer, they are season ticket holders who see him all the time.

Aberdeen fans don't know how good they have it at the moment.

They are likely being totally unrealistic in who they could get as a replacement given they would be operating in a similar financial market to us.

:pleasing:

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Thanks D4. Don't be surprised when you get dogs abuse for not putting the employees job in jeopardy for revealing their identity.

jamboinglasgow

Would be delighted to get Berra. Think Berra and Souttar together would make a great partnership. WIth Hughes as back up (or part of a back 3) and Nowak as well who I like then we have our centre backs sorted.

maroonlegions

Are folk suggesting Ash Taylor wouldn't be a good signing? The same Ash Taylor who is a certain starter in a team that finished a zillion points in front of us this season? He's the size of a house and not much gets past him. Comes and attacks the bell like a CH should.

There were folk on here saying SPL top scorer Boyce wasn't the kind of player we should be looking at. Folk on here have delusions of grandeur beyond belief.

Agree some seem like they are  spending  too much time on PS4  FIFA football manager :laugh4:  , either that or this board is infested with vermin and trolls of other clubs.  FTH,

Ash and Boyce would be very good signings. :2thumbsup:

Selkirk_Jambo

Berra, absolutely.

McNulty? A failure at League One level with a questionable attitude. Great. Another punt

...a bit disco

Hanging fire until the proverbial 'scarf over head' moment.

On a side note, nice to see we've finally got a replacement JKB tag team in place.

Welcome. :thumbsup:

giphy.gif

Mars plastic

Agree some seem like they are  spending  too much time on PS4  FIFA football manager :laugh4:  , either that or this board is infested with vermin and trolls of other clubs.  FTH,

Ash and Boyce would be very good signings. :2thumbsup:

I read on here a few weeks back that Boyce 'wasn't a player we should be looking at'. Really? In all honesty, I think he'll be setting his sights a bit higher than us after the season he's had.

Mars plastic

Hanging fire until the proverbial 'scarf over head' moment.

On a side note, nice to see we've finally got a replacement JKB tag team in place.

Welcome. :thumbsup:

giphy.gif

We're a tag team in every sense. :)

Bang on the money. Would improve our current team, doesn't mean he's the standard of footballer we should be looking at.

Pans Jambo

Berra, absolutely.

McNulty? A failure at League One level with a questionable attitude. Great. Another punt

Who McNulty?

:pleasing:

...a bit disco

We're a tag team in every sense. :)

EVERY sense?

Even Greek?

Selkirk_Jambo

Would be delighted to get Berra. Think Berra and Souttar together would make a great partnership. WIth Hughes as back up (or part of a back 3) and Nowak as well who I like then we have our centre backs sorted.

The interesting thing is the possible back 3. To me, it seems well balanced and in tune with what Cathro wants to play. Two able and dominating centre backs playing around one who will drive in to midfield.

...a bit disco

No stone left unturned, Mr Disco. :)

Quality.

I so love ambiguity.

:wink:

Mars plastic

Quality.

I so love ambiguity.

:wink:

Would you like to make it a trio? We're very inclusive so we are.

Selkirk_Jambo

Who McNulty?

He's a failure at League One level with a questionable attitude.

And hopefully not signing for us

...a bit disco

Would you like to make it a trio? We're very inclusive so we are.

Unfortunately no.

Marriage precludes me from 'entering' your cabal, as it were.

...a bit disco

Ftfy :whistling:

Only joking ;)

:lol:

Mars plastic

Unfortunately no.

Marriage precludes me from 'entering' your cabal, as it were.

Our door, is always open. :2thumbsup:

Livvyjambo

No fee , knows the mentality required , in line with our recruitment of British players .

As is the done thing on here - FTFY ;)

Leaving your front door open? There was me thinking that it was a thing of the past.

Ash taylor. Just no

Suggestions for other realistic CBs if the Berra deal falls through ?

Jambos1983

Suggestions for other realistic CBs if the Berra deal falls through ?

Literally anyone but that clown

kimosavi, on 10 May 2017 - 8:27 PM, said:

Done deal welcome home Christophe

Aye?

Definitely?

Son Of Anarchy

Did he tweet you?