More Tory lies

aussieh

58 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I could be the Fillipino cabin boy and still know more about the state of the industry than you.

Lol, telt :)

• Replies 27.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Mighty Thor

• Victorian

• JudyJudyJudy

• Cade

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

doctor jambo
23 hours ago, jambo lodge said:

Dear oh dear. You will be in the perfect position to call foul if they don't deliver. NHS however will also have to deliver to the taxpayers.

The NHS does deliver

It is THE single most cost efficient health service in the world

Imagine what it could do if it was funded properly?

Frankly the NHS staff are on their knees- it is only through working themselves until they are half broken that the service has lasted as long as it has

On 21/06/2018 at 06:15, Boris said:

Yeah, we're working towards it. Honest. Like Sweden.

Thing is Sweden isn't bound by the Lisbon membership criteria. It joined in 1995 and has since the Euro came about - for political expediency - not adopted the Euro by derogating the Euro Treaty.

It is legally - and the EU is a body bound to operate legally by treaty rules, hence why the Brexit process is a tough slog - going to be different for Scotland.

To put it another way though, I would either go for a separate currency or the Euro over the growth commission scenario. 

14 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

Whatever happened in your analysis of the Scottish Navy, be it fishery protection, coast guard and Search and Rescue?

Do they stop and fail to exist? 

To be fair, the White Paper was not far off this analysis. It argued for a maximum of 4 frigates (acquired from the Royal Navy) and an order of around 8 off shore patrol ships and mine sweepers.

The fact is an independent Scottish Navy could not in the long term replace the shortfall in demand placed upon our maritime defence industries. It's impractical.

RUSI had a pro-Scottish independence supporter review this around 2014. The report is on the RUSI site to read. Estimated costings for a new Scottish Defence Force was £1.5 billion to £2.5 billion. Based on Offshore Patrol ship and a few mine sweepers. The SNP welcomed it. To safeguard Rosyth they  proposed it be made a Naval Base due to the lack of future work it would experience. As for the Clyde? If the order book dries up then it's curtains - sadly.

This is not just an indy issue though it's actually about diversification of industry. And even there the SNP seem limited in ideas. Oil and Gas is on the decline. So how you'd centre your economy with two key industries in decline is a circle in need of squaring. And yet little idea has been proposed - anywhere not just the SNP.

jack D and coke
25 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Interesting:

https://on.rt.com/985g

Branson is some piece of work. Imagine suing the health service when you’re a billionaire what an absolute scumbag. 

He has more failed businesses than successes. A dog end of a man. 

jambo lodge
2 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

The NHS does deliver

It is THE single most cost efficient health service in the world

Imagine what it could do if it was funded properly?

Frankly the NHS staff are on their knees- it is only through working themselves until they are half broken that the service has lasted as long as it has

The NHS needs to be taken out of the political arena altogether. A Royal Commission should be tasked with drawing up plans for the NHS model of the future. How do we cope with ageing population, care of the elderly etc. What funding does it really need, can we privatise some elements such as diagnostic services etc and save cash. What about GP contracts long term, most taxpayers are under the impression GP's are employed by the NHS.....most are under contract and many own their own surgeries. We probably need a mix of public/private services but this is a political hot potato.....hence the need for clarity and an agreed way ahead.  

Space Mackerel
10 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Marine seismic acquisition. The front line of exploration, buddy. Although I don't know why you need to be clear. I could be the Fillipino cabin boy and still know more about the state of the industry than you.

I'm in the game for the stacks of tax-free cash, obviously. And I implied it's on it's arse, not finished. However I will be making a move to follow the fresh loot in the comming months.

Funny, my mate has been dropping sona buoys off the coast of Trinidad and Tobago with his ROV for the last few months. They’re designed to ping the ocean floor and see what’s underneath. Strong currents so they are for ever changing the umbilical cord as it gets snapped. Bit of a waste of time then according to you? 

By the way, I made about £800 today engineering and nowhere near the sea. You’re in the wrong game GT. 

Thunderstruck
10 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Interesting:

https://on.rt.com/985g

RT - why does it not surprise me that you rely on that for news. 

The topic is old news. It was interesting last year when it was current news. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/nhs-richard-branson-virgin-care-legal-settlement-tendering-contract-a8080961.html

Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

Funny, my mate has been dropping sona buoys off the coast of Trinidad and Tobago with his ROV for the last few months. They’re designed to ping the ocean floor and see what’s underneath. Strong currents so they are for ever changing the umbilical cord as it gets snapped. Bit of a waste of time then according to you? 

By the way, I made about £800 today engineering and nowhere near the sea. You’re in the wrong game GT. 

1. I very much doubt you have a mate.

2. I very much doubt you have any idea as to how or why a sonobuoy would be deployed in an O&G exploration capacity.

3. I very much doubt that you are able to fathom the difference between some speculative sounding around Trinidad and Tobago and the eonomic and engineering challenges of North Sea/North Atlantic E&P.

4. I very much doubt you could succesfully engineer your way through a kickback thread without making a complete walloper of yourself, let alone make a living out of it.

5. Unless you're earning £800 a day after deductions around four days a week, every week, then I'm affraid that it's you that may find oneself in the wrong game. 

6. You should probably jog on.

:thumbsup:

Seymour M Hersh
7 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

2. I very much doubt you have any idea as to how or why a sonobuoy would be deployed in an O&G exploration capacity.

3. I very much doubt that you are able to fathom the difference between some speculative sounding around Trinidad and Tobago and the eonomic and engineering challenges of North Sea/North Atlantic E&P.

4. I very much doubt you could succesfully engineer your way through a kickback thread without making a complete walloper of yourself, let alone make a living out of it.

5. Unless you're earning £800 a day after deductions around four days a week, every week, then I'm affraid that it's you that may find oneself in the wrong game. 

Boom! 

10 hours ago, Thunderstruck said:

RT - why does it not surprise me that you rely on that for news. 

The topic is old news. It was interesting last year when it was current news. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/nhs-richard-branson-virgin-care-legal-settlement-tendering-contract-a8080961.html

Sorry that doesnt fit in with YOUR agenda. 

Its still a shit state of affairs caused by your masters in Westminster hawking OUR NHS. 

But feel free to side step that though eh. 

Thunderstruck
18 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Sorry that doesnt fit in with YOUR agenda. 

Its still a shit state of affairs caused by your masters in Westminster hawking OUR NHS. 

But feel free to side step that though eh. 

Eh?

I was pointing out your reliance on a very obvious propaganda machine and its regurgitated old news. Was “Wings” down for maintenance?

Your powers of extrapolation are quite baffling at times. 

However, looking back at the old news, you could, perhaps, turn a bit of you mind to asking why the CCG felt the need to settle out of court. Is it conceivable that it had made a complete a**e of the procurement process. 

The outsourcing of health care and attitudes of suppliers are different debates. This is more a debate about how parts of the NHS are managed. 

32 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

Eh?

I was pointing out your reliance on a very obvious propaganda machine and its regurgitated old news. Was “Wings” down for maintenance?

Your powers of extrapolation are quite baffling at times. 

However, looking back at the old news, you could, perhaps, turn a bit of you mind to asking why the CCG felt the need to settle out of court. Is it conceivable that it had made a complete a**e of the procurement process. 

The outsourcing of health care and attitudes of suppliers are different debates. This is more a debate about how parts of the NHS are managed. 

Fact is. The tory machine (which your lot support) are in a process of privatisation of our National Health Service. Soon they will open the doors to Trumps money machine which will no doubt have the red carpet rolled out in the guise of improved services but in reality, its just yet more capitalism and corrupt shareholders in the Westminster government with their fingers either directly, or indirectly in those pies. 

It may be old news but its happening currently. 

Is the Mail & the BBC your news/propaganda outlet...or any other of the rabid unionist MSM lapdogs of tories. 

Quicker we can protect yhe Scottish NHS fro them and your kind the better. 

Thunderstruck
19 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Fact is. The tory machine (which your lot support) are in a process of privatisation of our National Health Service. Soon they will open the doors to Trumps money machine which will no doubt have the red carpet rolled out in the guise of improved services but in reality, its just yet more capitalism and corrupt shareholders in the Westminster government with their fingers either directly, or indirectly in those pies. 

It may be old news but its happening currently. 

Is the Mail & the BBC your news/propaganda outlet...or any other of the rabid unionist MSM lapdogs of tories. 

Quicker we can protect yhe Scottish NHS fro them and your kind the better. 

From your RT link (the emphasis is mine)...

It’s been revealed that they secured an out-of-court settlement in November 2017 that totalled £2m, reports the Daily Mail.

That little bit of amusement aside, do you have any idea how much the NHS in Scotland (already devolved) spends on Private Sector input to healthcare?

The power to make the change is already in place so why wait another generation (at least) for independence before making the change. 

27 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

From your RT link (the emphasis is mine)...

That little bit of amusement aside, do you have any idea how much the NHS in Scotland (already devolved) spends on Private Sector input to healthcare?

The power to make the change is already in place so why wait another generation (at least) for independence before making the change. 

Aye I know how it works. 

You know fine we are not talking about outsourcing cleaners, waste management, building maintenance or catering etc but private companies running entire wards or even hospitals. Its the drip drip effect. 

Thunderstruck
3 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Aye I know how it works. 

You know fine we are not talking about outsourcing cleaners, waste management, building maintenance or catering etc but private companies running entire wards or even hospitals. Its the drip drip effect. 

In response to a parliamentary question, Ms Robison said...

“NHS territorial boards continue to make limited use of the independent and private sector for health care services. Total spend decreased from £78.5 million in 2015-16 to £72 million in 2016-17.”

36 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

36 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

You and I both know that theres a lot more than £72 Million being spent by Westminster to Private companies for NHS contracts. 

Try £3.1Bn. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/nhs-privatisation-contracts-virgin-care-richard-branson-jeremy-hunt-a8134386.html

Edited by Pans Jambo

Thunderstruck
1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

You and I both know that theres a lot more than £72 Million being spent by Westminster to Private companies for NHS contracts. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/nhs-privatisation-contracts-virgin-care-richard-branson-jeremy-hunt-a8134386.html

Good, you accept it happens up here.

Surely the principle is more important than the volume particularly given the SNP attitude to the issue. 11 years on and it is still going on - why’s that do you think. 

6 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

Good, you accept it happens up here.

Surely the principle is more important than the volume particularly given the SNP attitude to the issue. 11 years on and it is still going on - why’s that do you think. 

Give it a rest man. 

You tried to insinuate that yhe entire spend was only £72m. Lies. The tory way. 

Told you. Maintenance, catering, waste management etc. Is understandable. 

Whole wings & departments of hospitals is not. 

Your lot want to close down the public NHS & have an almost entirely private one. 

Funny how most of these companies have either tory MP’s on their boards or members of their families. Then they hide the profits they make off-shore so the government cant even tax them but hey, thats the tory way. 

Edited by Pans Jambo

https://www.scotsman.com/news/health/scotland-s-largest-nhs-board-spends-20m-on-private-health-care-1-4622544

Ms Robison said: “NHS territorial boards continue to make limited use of the independent and private sector for health care services. Total spend decreased from £78.5 million in 2015-16 to £72 million in 2016-17.”

Thunderstruck
49 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Give it a rest man. 

Told you. Maintenance, catering, waste management etc. Is understandable. 

Whole wings & departments of hospitals is not. 

Your lot want to close down the public NHS & have an almost entirely private one. 

Funny how most of these companies have either tory MP’s on their boards or members of their families. Then they hide the profits they make off-shore so the government cant even tax them but hey, thats the tory way. 

Health Care is not the “hotel services” and well you know it. 

You agree it happens, the hugely incompetent Ms Robison has admitted it happens. Press your local representatives to change this on your own doorstep before concerning yourself with the Tories and England. 

Edited by Thunderstruck

33 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

Health Care is not the “hotel services” and well you know it. 

You agree it happens, the hugely incompetent Ms Robison has admitted it happens. Press your local representatives to change this on your own doorstep before concerning yourself with the Tories and England. 

Hardly comparible. Its vastly weighted towards the private sector in England in comparison to up here. Point is, its a tory’s wet dream to end it all and have their pals run the whole lot. 

& you & your ilk vote for that. 

Thunderstruck
Just now, Pans Jambo said:

Hardly comparible. Its vastly weighted towards the private sector in England in comparison to up here. Point is, its a tory’s wet dream to end it all and have their pals run the whole lot. 

& you & your ilk vote for that. 

I’ll ask again, are we agreed that Health Care services in Scotland are provided by the private sector?

On 22 June 2018 at 15:55, jambo lodge said:

The NHS needs to be taken out of the political arena altogether. A Royal Commission should be tasked with drawing up plans for the NHS model of the future. How do we cope with ageing population, care of the elderly etc. What funding does it really need, can we privatise some elements such as diagnostic services etc and save cash. What about GP contracts long term, most taxpayers are under the impression GP's are employed by the NHS.....most are under contract and many own their own surgeries. We probably need a mix of public/private services but this is a political hot potato.....hence the need for clarity and an agreed way ahead.  

Why do we need private companies involved?

Thunderstruck
18 minutes ago, Boris said:

Why do we need a monolithic health service, so large that it is the 4th or 5th largest employer in the world?

Virtually every other OECD country has a public/private mix. Many are more efficient and, importantly, have better patient outcomes than the U.K.  

16 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

Why do we need a monolithic health service, so large that it is the 4th or 5th largest employer in the world?

Virtually every other OECD country has a public/private mix. Many are more efficient and, importantly, have better patient outcomes than the U.K.  

At what cost to the patient? 

Is it ethical to make profit out of illness? 

56 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

I’ll ask again, are we agreed that Health Care services in Scotland are provided by the private sector?

Ask again? When did you ask that? You being all tory again???

To answer your question. Some services to the NHS are provided by the private sector. I have already said so. 

Fact is, if Scotland spends £72m & its reducing, I would think it would be normal that the equivelant amoint being spent in England (ran by the tories) would be around 10 times that amount. Say £750m. But it isnt. Its 43 times that amount at £3.1 plus Billion. 

Who has the NHS privatisation agenda?

The Real Maroonblood
14 minutes ago, Boris said:

With the Tory Party yes.

You can also add the prisons as well.

1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Here's another Conservative lie Pans Jambo is a sane and rational individual! :laugh:

Can always count on your invaluable input Seymour. Keep it coming. Theres a good lad. 

Thunderstruck
15 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Ask again? When did you ask that? You being all tory again???

To answer your question. Some services to the NHS are provided by the private sector. I have already said so. 

Fact is, if Scotland spends £72m & its reducing, I would think it would be normal that the equivelant amoint being spent in England (ran by the tories) would be around 10 times that amount. Say £750m. But it isnt. Its 43 times that amount at £3.1 plus Billion. 

Who has the NHS privatisation agenda?

Thank you. It’s like pulling teeth but we got there in the end. 

Mid everyoone you disagree with a Tory? 

jambo lodge
1 hour ago, Boris said:

Why not would be my response, they already provide a range of services to the NHS. Superannuation costs are one factor for placing contacts out to tender. If the private sector can provide a quality service then don't see why they cannot be considered alongside more traditional services ? Most care homes are private, GP surgeries , many senior doctors employed by NHS work for private hospitals, the list goes on.

9 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

Thank you. It’s like pulling teeth but we got there in the end. 

Mid everyoone you disagree with a Tory? 

Got where? 

You glossing over the fact that private spending on the NHS in Scotland is reducing & Spending in Tory ran NHS England is over 43 times that amount and increasing?

SNP/Scogov bad though eh?

2 minutes ago, jambo lodge said:

Why not would be my response, they already provide a range of services to the NHS. Superannuation costs are one factor for placing contacts out to tender. If the private sector can provide a quality service then don't see why they cannot be considered alongside more traditional services ? Most care homes are private, GP surgeries , many senior doctors employed by NHS work for private hospitals, the list goes on.

So screw the workers then? 

Race to the bottom indeed. 

2 minutes ago, jambo lodge said:

Yeah but I think folk are glossing over things here. The NHS dont build hospitals, manufacture beds and wheelchairs or Ambulances. They dont make pharmaceuticals or mops or sutures or bandages. They dont supply Oxygen or make air conditioning units. The list goes on. & on & on. 

There will ALWAYS be private sector suppliers and service providers to the NHS. 

What we need to dicourage is the private companies right there at the bed side because direct patient care should not be in the hands of companies who are only interested in profit and share holders. 

Sadly, this is EXACTLY where the westminster parties are heading IMO. 

Thunderstruck
36 minutes ago, Boris said:

The cost to the patient (as a tax-paying member of society) is rising as it is while the diseconomies of scale of the NHS continue to grow. 

If we wish to be a truly caring society, we should be focussing in patient outcomes, life expectancy, quality of life and prevention rather than propping up a shibboleth. If that is better able to be provided by a public/private mix, do we not owe it to ourselves to at least consider it rather than resort to trite dogma. 

We seem to think that our NHS is the envy of the World but, as Charles Moore said this week, has “anyone actually asked the World”. 

We spend too much money feeding the beast rather than getting the beast to do its job more efficiently - not just in cash terms but in improvement in quality of care. 

I attended the Dermatology clinic on a Saturday  earlier this year to have a carcinoma removed from my back. The staff on duty were, 1 professor, 3 consultants, 1 surgeon, 1 nurse, 1 receptionist. The only direct employee to NHS Scotland was the receptionist. The others all came from NHS England and are part of a regular cohort from NHS England who staff this welcome clinic.  This clinic is on every weekend and is staffed by non NHS Scotland personnel in the main. 

This and other clinics across NHS Scotland are outsourced to the private sector or other NHS areas to meet the demands and timescales set out in Scotland. 

Suffering patients (I aware of quite a few) getting treatment from the private source  will be unlikely to complain as long as it’s done. 

jambo lodge
33 minutes ago, Boris said:

So screw the workers then? 

Race to the bottom indeed. 

28 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Yeah but I think folk are glossing over things here. The NHS dont build hospitals, manufacture beds and wheelchairs or Ambulances. They dont make pharmaceuticals or mops or sutures or bandages. They dont supply Oxygen or make air conditioning units. The list goes on. & on & on. 

What we need to dicourage is the private companies right there at the bed side because direct patient care should not be in the hands of companies who are only interested in profit and share holders. 

Not screw the workers at all. All for nurses and doctors being directly employed by the NHS, cannot for the life of me understand the record use of private nursing groups. Agree with Pans that frontline healthcare should be provided by NHS employees. Also think that trained staff/doctors should be obliged to stay with NHS for a period of time.  

1 minute ago, jambo lodge said:

Not screw the workers at all. All for nurses and doctors being directly employed by the NHS, cannot for the life of me understand the record use of private nursing groups. Agree with Pans that frontline healthcare should be provided by NHS employees. Also think that trained staff/doctors should be obliged to stay with NHS for a period of time.  

Here’s a question, why are there nursing agencies or Locum Drs who provide a service when needed. If the NHS (Scotland) has to rely on them then there must be a problem or there is a place for them to provide missing staff eg sickness, holidays, maternity leave and so on. 

Thunderstruck
44 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

You mentioned earlier that hospitals or parts of hospitals were given over to the Private Sector.

Since we have now established that you don’t mean the “hotel” services, can you supply a list of NHS hospitals that are currently managed by any body other than an NHS Trust. 

jambo lodge
16 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Here’s a question, why are there nursing agencies or Locum Drs who provide a service when needed. If the NHS (Scotland) has to rely on them then there must be a problem or there is a place for them to provide missing staff eg sickness, holidays, maternity leave and so on. 

My sister was a State Enrolled Nurse many moons ago and had a good career in the NHS. Why are all nurse now required to be degree level? Lots of questions need to be asked about what kind of model does the NHS need to be in the future. 

My wife’s a Nurse and a nursing practice teacher for Health Visitors  and she says some the degree nurses need their backsides kicked because the cleaning type aspects of the job they claim are beneath them. I believe now though the the degree required is not as onerous as it once was. 

38 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

You mentioned earlier that hospitals or parts of hospitals were given over to the Private Sector.

Since we have now established that you don’t mean the “hotel” services, can you supply a list of NHS hospitals that are currently managed by any body other than an NHS Trust. 

Thunder. This is exactly the kind of pish I was talking about the other day that I wont be indulging in. A question that means I need to trawl the internet & provide multiple links to satisfy your... well I’m not sure exactly. 

Not sure exactly what £3.1Bn buys you nowadays but I’m sure its not just clean blankets. 

Tories are horrible arseholes that only want more money for them and their cronies. Leave the nationalised services in the public hands where it should remain. 

You do know its a Saturday eh?

Edited by Pans Jambo

Thunderstruck
4 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Thunder. This is exactly the kind of pish I was talking about the other day that I wont be indulging in. A question that means I need to trawl the internet & provide multiple links to satisfy your... well I’m not sure exactly. 

Not sure exactly what £3.1Bn buys you nowadays but I’m sure its not just clean blankets. 

Tories are horrible arseholes that only want more money for them and their cronies. Leave the nationalised services in the public hands where it should remain. 

You do know its a Saturday eh?

Top tip, don’t make baseless claims if you can’t or won’t back them up. 

Sir Vladimir of Romanov

Are there any NHS mental health professionals that can help Pans? The boy is having a meltdown. 

If you are a private practicioner best not tell him. 

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

Are there any NHS mental health professionals that can help Pans? The boy is having a meltdown. 

If you are a private practicioner best not tell him. 

:phface:

Space Mackerel
21 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Best you get on with making the teas and doing the sandwich runs at lunch for the real engineers in that office GT. :lol:

I bet you think Swarfega is some sort of posh German dessert. :)